April 18, 2024, 06:11:33 PM

Author Topic: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.  (Read 37295 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 02:59:21 PM »
detectives on the case boy .
Detectives will lose dey wuk, cause dey investigations uninformed.
That is not a quote from de youth. That is a common joke going around de internet.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »
Allyuh realize that FB thing is part of an email chain joke... right?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »
That is not a quote from de youth. That is a common joke going around de internet.

True....but you hear youths quoting people like 50 cent "Get rich or die tryin" and you look at them differently. Youth humour will always push boundaries but when your looking to get work, you have to keep that side private. The man put himself under a spotlight, but he should be advised on how to present himself. One comment like that can make a coach decide to go with a "clean cut" youth rather than a gangsta wannabe. I'm not saying the man is bad, but you don't get a second chance to make a first impression.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
haha good thing you guys up to speed cause ,they done brand the kid already.
this is getting beyond ridiculous .

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2011, 03:23:35 PM »
Sorry but i really have to laugh here,i still trying to understand why this post get so long,all the kid ask for is some connections for a tryout and is like he is being tried right here on the forum,peeps look at two pieces of video and could tell you he ready for national team duty,he like Evans Wise,Ronaldinho etc etc It have a lot of guys in T&T with that same kind of ability and more is just that they can't make a vidoe and send for nobody,go down in Toco,Manzanilla,Valencia,the North Coast etc etc  ;D
6 runs there coops ,yep let me double check .I think that shot went beyond the boundary .

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »
Fax Number for DC United Open try outs and camps. 

202-587-5411

Nolan Sheldon
Director, D.C. United Camps
202-587-5447
nsheldon@dcunited.com

Chad Ashton is the TD and you will want to contact him.

D.C. United  |  2400 East Capitol Street, SE  |  Washington, D.C. 20003  |  202-587-5000

Also hit the gym, what's your stats in de weight room....?

Brian Wiese is the Coach at Georgetown University.

Lee Reed   Director of Athletics   687-6513   athletics@georgetown.edu
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:31:37 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
Nah it ent that!! My thing is how ah man carry about him self says alot about him. De man good I never say he not good. However how many ballers come from trini that never make it because of attitude.

Correct!

But I ent no defender of the fella but he "attitude" is what also make him decide to post here looking for help.

Ah think he probably like to play the a** in he down time, yuh know...kinda like Balotelli lol.
Now if he ent buss the net like Balotelli then he go ha tuh get Mutombo finger wave

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »
Christ boy, this board could be real fackin annoying yes! listen ppl, the bredder reached out to us for help, so if allyuh feel the youth helpable, then help him, if not, then just ignore him, but please don't put the fella on ah chopping block ppl, bc if that was me, i would just close the window to this site and never return!

for crying out loud, why all the fackin scrutiny? just help the kid will yuh!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2011, 05:15:37 PM »
so u think the music choice wont affect him negatively ?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2011, 07:56:40 PM »
so u think the music choice wont affect him negatively ?
@ all! and if that's the case, then they are hypocrites big time and is seriously suffering from the bertille st clair syndrome!

hypocrisy bc their press officer (sean fuentes) presents training sessions with the said genre of music, and to besides, the TTFF need all the fackin help they can get. the last i checked, beggars can't be choosers!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:26:08 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2011, 08:13:17 PM »
Men could talk all dey want bout JUCO dis and JUCO dat, and it ha youth like Roopie "ah dime ah dozen" in TnT... I cyah remember de last time I see ah TnT youth displaying dat level of skill and running-at-men-ability. Men getting on like if JUCO players start playing football big and eh have no skill at all.

We won't even get into talking bout how some rel good high school players never make it to/at 4-year colleges for whatever reason or de other

Give de youth ah bligh, who knows he might end up being we lil diamond in de rough, or he could end having Eve or some other coach embarrass him de way Anton Corneal did embarrass dat one US-player some years ago:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »
I really doh see the music being an issue......if the boy is good enough and can be an on-field asset to any team, They aren't going to care one bit what music was on his YouTube video. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2011, 08:56:56 AM »
man chatting about his musical choice? ???

focus on the football, something most on here can't do, always straying off topic with some out of timing nonsense.

roopie forget the fools who are talking about your musical choice, send the info to the ttff and people who have reached out to you thus far.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:13 AM »
I like d yute man touches....ah go refrain from saying just yet that he does hold on to d ball too long....hadda see the rest of the team play.  He might be their most talented player and only real attacking option and may have a lot of resposnibility in taking the game to their opponents, so.....but he DEFINITELY have some vision and he did seem to pass the ball off just as often as he kept it himself.  Two things I WOULD recommend he work on is his speed and his shooting.  you can never have enough speed and the better the shooter, the more lethal a player like this will be.  A man who can pass well, dribble good and shoot, too, he go mash up defenses! Good luck, young man.

and what makes you think he is slow and needs to work on his speed?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2011, 09:03:50 AM »
My mom accused me of being a liar. I looked at her in the face & said, “tooth fairy, Santa Clause, Easter bunny.” & walked away like a boss.

Attitude is everything king!!! base on what you post on your Face book page above says alot about you. Change yuh ways youth man and then yuh might have some luck!! As said before yuh ent reach yet. good luck

allyuh fellahs is real macco men...

why you trying to damage the youths character on ah public forum? ::)

he ask for help for football and you bringing up the youth's family business, what does this have to do with football and you?

are you his father to scold and discipline him or mother?

stick to the football, no wonder The HERD get pong so much the other day, same foolishness

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »
my friend who works with the chicago fire said there are open try outs this weekend

if you can reach chicago you can get a look, let me know if its possible, if not, there are other options

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »
Send Brent Sancho yuh video...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
Dis forum rell full ah some self righteous kakaholes bad oui!  MAn here gettin on like dey have opportunies to offer and screening.  So go on de yute facebook and see ah f**kin joke but so outtatimin dat yuh come back to hold it against de yute like is he sentiments.  I swear is like some ah allyuh is cont dat drop from f**kin space oui!!  If yuh ha links offer, if yuh ha none hush yuh cont caw none ah allyuh eh coachin no f**kin national team

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
some real womanish man on this forum. the young man ask for allyuh help. help out or STFU. man running on facebook and downcrying the boy music yes. unbelieveable

yute you have good skills and athletic ability, keep knocking on doors. but just remember inT&T things move very slowly and people will often get back to you at the last minute, if at all. good luck to you
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
my friend who works with the chicago fire said there are open try outs this weekend

if you can reach chicago you can get a look, let me know if its possible, if not, there are other options

That door is now closed ... and as a slightly cracked door it is, at best, mostly an income generating mechanism.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:39:09 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2011, 01:38:01 PM »
some real womanish man on this forum. the young man ask for allyuh help. help out or STFU. man running on facebook and downcrying the boy music yes. unbelieveable

yute you have good skills and athletic ability, keep knocking on doors. but just remember inT&T things move very slowly and people will often get back to you at the last minute, if at all. good luck to you
:thumbsup:
I pity the fool....

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2011, 02:00:11 PM »
I want updates from roopie tho ,hope he stays in contact with us .even tho coop say he could find many like him .Coops u need bring these men sar,even doh i think roopie is better than you where  ;D

btw he should should contact latapy ,send the vid ,latas need to show him how to ride tackles a little better .and hook him upin scotland one time .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:26:49 PM by Quags »

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »
On a side note, I call DC United to find out when d next open trials is, and d man run me off d phone.  He tell meh it eh have no open trials.. is by invite only.  My new year resolution was to hit d gymn and goh and goh d trial.  Dat real dampen meh spirits oui! Hopefully philly union have one in d spring, I goh try for dah one.  I know ah wouldnt mek d team, but ah goh mek d forum proud.  Ah goh tek two chree picture and send it for all yuh when ah reach!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
On a side note, I call DC United to find out when d next open trials is, and d man run me off d phone.  He tell meh it eh have no open trials.. is by invite only.  My new year resolution was to hit d gymn and goh and goh d trial.  Dat real dampen meh spirits oui! Hopefully philly union have one in d spring, I goh try for dah one.  I know ah wouldnt mek d team, but ah goh mek d forum proud.  Ah goh tek two chree picture and send it for all yuh when ah reach!
get ah link up for India .

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »

kiffy why yuh doh try out for dempo, ah hear they looking for midfielders ;D
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
ah telling yah this man could have links for Vietnam and India on speed dial lol .

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »

I really don't know what rock you're living under but examining a person's facebook page is the norm as it gives an insight as  to what that person is like. Nobody is downcrying the boy but I could tell you what most coaches that I know including myself are turned off when someone sends you a clip or a dvd where the music is loud as you find yourself trying to zone out the music. It take too much effort.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »

I really don't know what rock you're living under but examining a person's facebook page is the norm as it gives an insight as  to what that person is like. Nobody is downcrying the boy but I could tell you what most coaches that I know including myself are turned off when someone sends you a clip or a dvd where the music is loud as you find yourself trying to zone out the music. It take too much effort.

Um, there are volume controls and mute buttons.... ::)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2011, 04:00:43 PM »

guess you musse never learn about de mute button ent?!!  Allyuh rell f**kin schupid oui.  So you would miss out on ah potential talent because you cah lower de volume?  dat songin like some kinda half ah cont syndrome  ::)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »

guess you musse never learn about de mute button ent?!!  Allyuh rell f**kin schupid oui.  So you would miss out on ah potential talent because you cah lower de volume?  dat songin like some kinda half ah cont syndrome  ::)

yeah yuh right because yuh really doh want to listen or see if you could catch the players saying or giving instruction on the field

1]; } ?>