April 27, 2024, 03:53:19 AM

Author Topic: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.  (Read 37498 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »
My mom accused me of being a liar. I looked at her in the face & said, “tooth fairy, Santa Clause, Easter bunny.” & walked away like a boss.

Attitude is everything king!!! base on what you post on your Face book page above says alot about you. Change yuh ways youth man and then yuh might have some luck!! As said before yuh ent reach yet. good luck

allyuh fellahs is real macco men...

why you trying to damage the youths character on ah public forum? ::)

he ask for help for football and you bringing up the youth's family business, what does this have to do with football and you?

are you his father to scold and discipline him or mother?

stick to the football, no wonder The HERD get pong so much the other day, same foolishness

That's ironic.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
I really appriciate EVERYTHING, I really feel like my career can kick off, I am new to this website so I dont really know how to work this, but i have got emails and information, my direct email is Roopchandsingh7@aol.com, I will take the replys all as positive and work on what I think I lack in, you can only better yourself as a footballer. Apologies for anything on facebook, now that I am getting some recognition, now i know i cant slip up and give things for people to point out. Bless..1 love

Roopie, great reply! Don't want you to think that fellers was just trying to fight you down. Just wanted to let you know that it is important to carry about your self in a respectable way. You are a talented kid and hope things work out for you. Just take everything from this forum in a postive way. Bless

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »
I really appriciate EVERYTHING, I really feel like my career can kick off, I am new to this website so I dont really know how to work this, but i have got emails and information, my direct email is Roopchandsingh7@aol.com, I will take the replys all as positive and work on what I think I lack in, you can only better yourself as a footballer. Apologies for anything on facebook, now that I am getting some recognition, now i know i cant slip up and give things for people to point out. Bless..1 love

Roopie, great reply! Don't want you to think that fellers was just trying to fight you down. Just wanted to let you know that it is important to carry about your self in a respectable way. You are a talented kid and hope things work out for you. Just take everything from this forum in a postive way. Bless

eldo man, like ah peg yuh wrong...great post!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2011, 02:40:08 PM »
:beermug: All the best. Keep the positive attitude and you stand a chance the excel, from your response I can tell you have the drive and determination.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
I manage to get Mike a trial with the Under 23 team also.

He should be in T&T month end.

Again, King and Ferguson was very cooperative.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »
What Flex yuh wuking....just now yuh's ah big time agent.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »
Just notice this youth among the U23 team for the Finland game on the 25th. Good job Roop and good looking out Flex!!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2012, 05:32:19 AM »
Just notice this youth among the U23 team for the Finland game on the 25th. Good job Roop and good looking out Flex!!

:applause: :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2012, 06:00:59 AM »
Mash dem up Roop
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2012, 07:37:14 AM »
I manage to get Mike a trial with the Under 23 team also.

He should be in T&T month end.

Again, King and Ferguson was very cooperative.

Great stuff Flex !!! great stuff!!!   :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
YO!!! Dis forum is de best!!
So December 13th de ole Roop decide to post on here, and thru man like Flex he getting ah chance to rep the Red, White and Black!!!

If he make it dis will be a boss story...especially as play JUCO ball;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
So December 13th de ole Roop decide to post on here, and thru man like Flex he getting ah chance to rep the Red, White and Black!!!

He contacted me first and I was the one who advised him to post his video here.

I heard that he is doing ok, but he is feeling a little off as the other players not welcoming him to much.

He said the guys there are at a very high level, nothing he has experience before.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:36:57 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »

I heard that he is doing ok, but he is feeling a little off as the other players not welcoming him to much.

He said the guys there are at a very high level, nothing he has experience before.

Well thats what learning is all about, if nothing else he will get a feeling for where the bar is set.

It is a good place this, nice to see the lad got a helping hand.

I watched the video and he has some nice bits of skill, if he is still reading I would point out one thing which coaches will tell him and won't like.  He gets his head up and uses the ball niceley a couple of times in the video in the middle of the park.  But on a couple of occasions at the edge of the box he beats his man 2, 3 or 4 times.  Theres no need, its a waste use the ball better quicker and get it across, its the forwards job to be there.  If you look you'll see the forwards end up waiting and marked when it gets in, you also don't need to get past to cross just get a yard and put it around the full back.  The forwards will appreciate it more and the coaches will like it a lot more, but its all down to learning and experience.  Hope you do well. 

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
It will be insane if Roopie Score  ;D

Best of luck brother (war say he buying a shirt with yuh name on it)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

Local based trinis have ah real problem being welcoming to foreigners, even if it's xpats. this is one of the reasons i hate going home, to much red eye. ah hope the kid hang in and don't allow that tuh deter him from the national set up. good luck mike, sooner or later they'll have to come around.      hang tight.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2012, 06:44:24 PM »
Well thats what learning is all about, if nothing else he will get a feeling for where the bar is set.

I watched the video and he has some nice bits of skill, if he is still reading I would point out one thing which coaches will tell him and won't like.  He gets his head up and uses the ball niceley a couple of times in the video in the middle of the park.  But on a couple of occasions at the edge of the box he beats his man 2, 3 or 4 times.  Theres no need, its a waste use the ball better quicker and get it across, its the forwards job to be there.  If you look you'll see the forwards end up waiting and marked when it gets in, you also don't need to get past to cross just get a yard and put it around the full back.  The forwards will appreciate it more and the coaches will like it a lot more, but its all down to learning and experience.  Hope you do well. 

If all a player wants to do is cross then yes, a yard will do.  But if a player can get past his marker and bear down on the penalty area, he will draw a defender away from a striker. Plus he won't have to hit and hope from 25 yards, he can play a shorter pass that is easier to make accurate. 
English play vs Brasileiro play.

truetrini

« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »

Local based trinis have ah real problem being welcoming to foreigners, even if it's xpats. this is one of the reasons i hate going home, to much red eye. ah hope the kid hang in and don't allow that tuh deter him from the national set up. good luck mike, sooner or later they'll have to come around.      hang tight.

I don't think that has anything to do with it!

I think this is a case of a NEW man joining late on in a program where the players have been together for many years and have been through the fire.  Now here is a new man coming to take the place of one of the comrades.

Think about it.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2012, 07:31:40 PM »

When I read that, forgive me, but the first thing that came to my mind was his race of being Indian decent. Now I could be wrong, but isn't he like the only Indian player on the team? I know it does not sound right, but in this generation of youths we have,anything is possible. Or maybe it's the fact that they made it this far, and here comes this fellar trying to play like Ronaldinho and might just take somebody spot.

truetrini

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2012, 07:32:22 PM »
maybe it's the fact that they made it this far, and here comes this fellar trying to play like Ronaldinho and might just take somebody spot.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
allyuh forget this team together since them was like 13-14
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

When I read that, forgive me, but the first thing that came to my mind was his race of being Indian decent. Now I could be wrong, but isn't he like the only Indian player on the team? I know it does not sound right, but in this generation of youths we have,anything is possible. Or maybe it's the fact that they made it this far, and here comes this fellar trying to play like Ronaldinho and might just take somebody spot.
I don't think he's the only new addition, no?
This is where a good coach earns his keep...(ah doh like saying this) but if it was me and ah man get drafted in and ripping, he could be indian, Carib, or Arawak he getting ah bligh!!!

But before we all get carried away, leh we wait and see what happen....like ah said after I see de man video, I LOVE how he running at people like he feel he could beat anybody, ah effing love dat!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:08 PM »
allyuh forget this team together since them was like 13-14

Good point... Roopie need to just recognize the situation for what it is and don't let it get him down.  God-willing he gets a chance to try out for a professional club (especially a foreign one) and it will be pretty much the same thing he'll be facing, only much more cut-throat.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »
Speculations
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2012, 12:21:51 AM »
Look how easy locals does get a bad name.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2012, 03:56:57 AM »

If all a player wants to do is cross then yes, a yard will do.  But if a player can get past his marker and bear down on the penalty area, he will draw a defender away from a striker. Plus he won't have to hit and hope from 25 yards, he can play a shorter pass that is easier to make accurate. 
English play vs Brasileiro play.

Peong thats not the point I was trying to make and obviously failed.  A couple of times he is at the byeline and does 2/3/4 turns with people waiting / running in having already made the opportunity to put it in, in those instances he should put it in rather than do the extra turns. What tends to happen in those instances is that the players waste opportunities because the defender has 2/3/4 bites of the cherry to win the ball back, block the cross.  Its all about opinions, experience and learning, but most coaches will say having done the hard work, don't waste the opportunity.   I agree with you defenders hate nothing more than players running into the box at an angle towards goal at pace and twisting and turning, a lot of times it can result in a penalty. 

It does come down to experience, coaching and personal preferences and lads that are trying to get noticed do like and need to show their skills off, but they also need to show an end product and understanding of the game.  Personally I couldn't be happier that we (English) seem to be finally grasping the idea of skill over physical attributes and coaching the youngsters accordingly.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »
Look how easy locals does get a bad name.
Wid all dat, you eh going back home and live doh! ppl like allyuh only puttin on ah show so folks could think that yuh so lovveeee yuh stone age country, but allyuh eh foolin no one BC action speaks louder than words.

it have nuff trini livin abroad who luv tuh talk bout trini nice bc they does go for ah two weeks and shake they tail and come right back to the comfort and safety of north america and the UK, but ask them if they want tuh give up their immigration status and move back "nice" and lovely trinidad, yuh will see how much they think trini nice then.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
truetrini SC, I hope that is de case, because when de traitor Aaron Maund join T&T he did not help them qualify and just came in and play for T&T in the WC and his teammates welcome him with open arms.

I really hope de youths mind in T&T was not corrupted with de indian vs creole thing.

Bull them hard Roopie !!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2012, 07:12:49 AM »
Peong thats not the point I was trying to make and obviously failed.  A couple of times he is at the byeline and does 2/3/4 turns with people waiting / running in having already made the opportunity to put it in, in those instances he should put it in rather than do the extra turns. What tends to happen in those instances is that the players waste opportunities because the defender has 2/3/4 bites of the cherry to win the ball back, block the cross.  Its all about opinions, experience and learning, but most coaches will say having done the hard work, don't waste the opportunity.   I agree with you defenders hate nothing more than players running into the box at an angle towards goal at pace and twisting and turning, a lot of times it can result in a penalty. 

It does come down to experience, coaching and personal preferences and lads that are trying to get noticed do like and need to show their skills off, but they also need to show an end product and understanding of the game.  Personally I couldn't be happier that we (English) seem to be finally grasping the idea of skill over physical attributes and coaching the youngsters accordingly.

:thumbsup:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:01 AM »
truetrini SC, I hope that is de case, because when de traitor Aaron Maund join T&T he did not help them qualify and just came in and play for T&T in the WC and his teammates welcome him with open arms.

I really hope de youths mind in T&T was not corrupted with de indian vs creole thing.

Bull them hard Roopie !!!!!!!!!!

Two points i want to make here

1.  When Maund came into the side, they were alot younger and a little more impressionable as youthmen.  But now having matured a little as well as having the experience of Maund going on the play for USA (although i have heard that it was lack of interest from the TTFF that cause him/his father to make the switch), they would be once bitten, twice shy to open their hearts/arms to a newcomer.

2.  I see no place for a race issue...........triniairman brought it up (apparently it was in his thoughts)

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »
they need goals ,that is paramount .ifhe scores he joins there crew.that is all.

1]; } ?>