March 28, 2024, 02:57:04 AM

Author Topic: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.  (Read 36955 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »
It will be insane if Roopie Score  ;D

Best of luck brother (war say he buying a shirt with yuh name on it)
Dats right ... :beermug:

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »
Unfortunately Mike did not make team.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
Of course not!! Don't give up Roopie, the U.S always looking for good players!!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
Hopefully this doesn't mean that's it's over for him where T&T is concerned. He didn't makt this team, now.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
idiot coaches ,know nothing about generating excitiment ,or promoting hype to sell a product .Had a chance to start selling the great brown hype and just skipped it .

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2012, 05:06:14 PM »

...he didn't make it this time....he did damned good to get as far as he did.....the other day, the Seattle Sounders were conducting "tryouts" in Trini.....some "select" players were present, among whom I would LIKE to think were some of our finest national players.  From what I saw, if Mike keep up the good attitude and continue working hard, he will be making our national teams with ease in the future.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
This why the olmpic program always broke ,they cant sell cake to a starving man .Use your players to make money in shirt sales .But u need a marquee player or players .

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
This why the olmpic program always broke ,they cant sell cake to a starving man .Use your players to make money in shirt sales .But u need a marquee player or players .

Not taking away from your point eh, but a marquee player have to play to get that kind of status.  While we like what we saw with Roopie, that doesn't mean that even if he made the squad he would instantly become that.  I hope he doesn't give up tho because he have some very serviceable tools that can prove useful

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »

Not taking away from your point eh, but a marquee player have to play to get that kind of status.  While we like what we saw with Roopie, that doesn't mean that even if he made the squad he would instantly become that.  I hope he doesn't give up tho because he have some very serviceable tools that can prove useful
Your right marquee is the wrong word .Maybe marketing tool for target market .

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »
idiot coaches ,know nothing about generating excitiment ,or promoting hype to sell a product .Had a chance to start selling the great brown hype and just skipped it .

Whatever we think of the coaches, they have spent months developing the players to play a specific system. The system does not accomodate a player like Roopie. It is based on short passing and long balls if needed. They do not encourage running with the ball.

Roopie has the potential to force a change in this system. You wouldn't order Ronaldo not to run with the ball! So, first, Roopie has to earn the coaches faith and then they can accomodate him.

Also, remember, he is in a foreign country with no friends. He is an outsider. He probably feels uncomfortable and unloved and will be treated as a threat by most players.

In my opinion, he should not have attended the camp until he had a few games in Trini and found his feet. Had I been his agent, I would have told the coach that he had a slight tweak and wasn't quite ready to train, but is really excited about linking up with the team soon. But, of course, Roopie has no agent, I believe, so he needs some good advice to help his career.

Roopie is the kind of player a coach will build his team around. Him on the left mid, another speedy AM on the right and a couple of target men through the middle. Passing is pretty, but theres nothing like a good winger in full flight!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2012, 09:48:16 PM »

Whatever we think of the coaches, they have spent months developing the players to play a specific system. The system does not accomodate a player like Roopie. It is based on short passing and long balls if needed. They do not encourage running with the ball.

Roopie has the potential to force a change in this system. You wouldn't order Ronaldo not to run with the ball! So, first, Roopie has to earn the coaches faith and then they can accomodate him.

Also, remember, he is in a foreign country with no friends. He is an outsider. He probably feels uncomfortable and unloved and will be treated as a threat by most players.

In my opinion, he should not have attended the camp until he had a few games in Trini and found his feet. Had I been his agent, I would have told the coach that he had a slight tweak and wasn't quite ready to train, but is really excited about linking up with the team soon. But, of course, Roopie has no agent, I believe, so he needs some good advice to help his career.

Roopie is the kind of player a coach will build his team around. Him on the left mid, another speedy AM on the right and a couple of target men through the middle. Passing is pretty, but theres nothing like a good winger in full flight!
      I'm surprised this topic has gone on for so long,you all tried your best to get Roopie on the team he just could not make it,all kind of reasons were given now the Coaches don't know what they doing.The bottom line is Roopie eh ready for international Football,he has to much hang ups as far as the game is concerned and if you coming at that level to complain about who like and eh like you forget it,at that level it rough to each his own because everybody wants to make it.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2012, 09:52:54 PM »

I'm surprised this topic has gone on for so long,you all tried your best to get Roopie on the team he just could not make it,all kind of reasons were given now the Coaches don't know what they doing.The bottom line is Roopie eh ready for international Football,he has to much hang ups as far as the game is concerned and if you coming at that level to complain about who like and eh like you forget it,at that level it rough to each his own because everybody wants to make it.
No worries eh coops like you say a player of his skill are a dime a dozen according to you .Hater lol

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2012, 09:54:51 PM »

I have to blame the coaches cause we have no marketing people to blame ,its not a coaches job .I knew they would not of picked him .

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
hold on...this is a decision for Mr Angus Eve... until he comes out to say why ...then everything else is speculation.
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2012, 10:10:58 PM »
Why allyuh not willing to consider that this kid simply may not have been good enough to make the cut?

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:18 PM »
yeah ok just trust there judgement .Well they already decided anyway, hope they right and another diamond in the rough didnt just wash away.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
won"t it be funny if it was a staged video ,and he couldn do any thing  :rotfl: .he look short to.Cant wait for angus take.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »

He might wish to focus on finishing school or tying up loose ends in the U.S. then hooking up with a local pro-leagu/super league outfit. Something like what Cameron Roget did.  Not an easy descision, especially considering the state of local football.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2012, 04:20:05 AM »
Once Angus Eve is coach no foreign born making T&T side. Look at the line up vs Finland and see how many foreign born played.

Them local coaches (Gally, Eve and Anton, Coops etc....) is anti American and anti foreign born.....

Sorry, hopefully Roopie will use this experience to his benefit, he have the talent, but he needs some fine tuning.

Maybe he should consider playing for a Pro League team in Trinidad, it will do him some good, he will be in a better enviorment for sure.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:49:56 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2012, 07:22:26 AM »
Why allyuh not willing to consider that this kid simply may not have been good enough to make the cut?

Thanks dinho... nobody never see him play but for some clips of JUCO football...

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:06 AM »
This old talk about anti American,foreign born and hater is a load of crap,did any one ever know or heard about Roopie before he sent that video and asked for a Tryout?that's all we had of that guy until he got to T&T and they really got to look at him,nobody knows why he did not make the team we can only speculate,could be a number of reasons,this is a national team you talking about,you want to put someone on a national team to see how they look?
If Roopie is a diamond in the rough why isn't he tracked in the US like Deleon and others,may be only in T&T he could be a diamond.Lets keep tabs on Roopie and see what the future holds for him,does anyone know what team,club,league etc he plays in at the moment?   
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:26:23 AM by Coop's »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2012, 07:30:57 AM »
This is not about Roopie, one cannot judge a player by ONE clip but check de stats under these coach.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »
The difference between CC soccer and Olympic qualifiers is huge.  The way he dominated in those clips suggests he can play at a higher level so hopefully now that he knows he could be part of the national team, he will be motivated and have a better idea of what is required get to this level.
I see he's listed as assistant coach at the CC he played for.  He needs to find a serious club and continue training.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2012, 11:04:10 AM »
No shame in that at all, I would remind him of Craig Johnston, Boro and Liverpool.

From his biography

But first let's go back to Johnston at his crappest, when he was a 15-year-old who had just flown 12,000 miles from Australia for a trial with Middlesbrough FC. "In my first youth team game, we were playing Leeds United and we were losing 3-0. The manager at the time was Jack Charlton and in the dressing room at half time he was seething. He had a go at everyone and then he said to me: 'And as for you, you kangaroo, you can f**k off right now. You're the worst player I've seen in my life.' "

So, unknown to the rest of the club, Johnston devised himself a training regime and devoted himself to it single-mindedly. "I would get garbage cans and put them in a row and run through them with a ball in 10 seconds. If I touched a can, I would start again. I would put on a blindfold and sense the football with my feet as I dribbled. I put two small crosses on the wall and hit them with my left and then my right foot. If I was good and concentrated hard it would take me three hours. If I was poor, it would take me six hours. It always seemed to be bitterly cold and wet in Middlesbrough."

The training paid dividends: he was recruited into Middlesbrough's first team and scored in his debut match against Everton. "I remember reading Charlton saying, 'I always knew the kangaroo would bounce back.' We've met up since and had a good laugh about it." Five years after his dressing-room dressing-down by Big Jack, the 20-year-old Johnston was snapped up by Liverpool FC for a then record fee of £570,000. "For a day I was the most expensive footballer in England, then the following day Liverpool bought Mark Lawrenson for £900,000."

The lad needs to get feedback on why and go on from there.  Its easy to make a show reel, players are sometimes vastly different when its real.  Whatever it is, he has more than the basics to build on.

Wish the lad well

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »
Nice post Kev... lol@Charlton's kangaroo comment  :rotfl:

Mike needs to continue taking whatever criticism he gets in a positive light, let it motivate him to work on his game and not let this disappointment define him.  He should also know to pick sense from nonsense and not pay too much attention to some of the comments in this particular thread... which I'm sure will echo comments he's heard before, and will hear in future.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2012, 02:29:25 PM »

Thanks dinho... nobody never see him play but for some clips of JUCO football...

The youth looked a good player......but did anyone look over the clips and see the movement of the teams that he played against?  Even Roopie said that the skill level of the players while on "trial" was at a level he has never seen before.   

The player probably just wasnt good enough........we just need to take that as it is.  That Olympic squad has been together too long to add any "squad players", they need players that can improve the team.

ah love it!!

nb: The guy got some talent, so hopefully he can play at a higher level and develop some more.  I hope the TTFF keep him on their radar
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »
Eve probably had no intention of putting him on the team this trip, no matter how good he turned out to be.  It was prob just a chance to have him train with the group and have look.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2012, 03:59:07 PM »

The youth looked a good player......but did anyone look over the clips and see the movement of the teams that he played against?  Even Roopie said that the skill level of the players while on "trial" was at a level he has never seen before.   

The player probably just wasnt good enough........we just need to take that as it is.  That Olympic squad has been together too long to add any "squad players", they need players that can improve the team.

ah love it!!

nb: The guy got some talent, so hopefully he can play at a higher level and develop some more.  I hope the TTFF keep him on their radar

We have a coach from St Johns over here to look at some guys. He doesn't know of Roopie, but he said the Herkimer College is a good source of talent and he has had a few guys from there who have moved on to the MLS. Basically, he said if Roopie is a stand out player there, he has a good chance of progressing.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2012, 07:06:45 PM »

A few clips and he supposed to be on a national team????????????????????

Is jus so man does make side now?

A 7 page (and countin) thread about a kid who run thru some players in a low level competition?

I have a neighbour who does advantage man in d road....Flex could link him wit a call up?

We not serious at all....either as posters or as fans.....we jus desperate

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »
Ian Wright was nearly 22 when Crystal Palace signed him, Ian Cox was 23 when Palace spotted him. Both players had given up on playing football professionally and were both spotted playing in the minor London leagues (similar, I guess to Eddy Hart League). English clubs often employ dozens of scouts, most only being paid a stipend of £20 or £30 per week (TT$200-$300).

T&T clubs do not have this scouting network. So if it means we have to get excited by a dvd or video clip, whats the problem? For every Ian Wright or Ian Cox a scout discovers, there will be dozens a year who go on trial and fail. A scout, as good as he may be, is still only one guy, with one guys opinion. Dozens of people have seen Roopies video (including foreign coaches) and most feel he is worth a look.

Maybe, after this, sw.net will receive many more, and maybe one of these guys will be the next Dwight Yorke. T&T has talented players, but not all of them have been given an opportunity. Bring 'em on, I say, the more the merrier. I would never get tired of seeing exciting young kids showing their potential.

One diamond is all we hope for.   

1]; } ?>