March 26, 2024, 11:05:04 PM

Author Topic: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.  (Read 36946 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If you have any connections for a tryout link me.
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
Ian Wright was nearly 22 when Crystal Palace signed him, Ian Cox was 23 when Palace spotted him. Both players had given up on playing football professionally and were both spotted playing in the minor London leagues (similar, I guess to Eddy Hart League). English clubs often employ dozens of scouts, most only being paid a stipend of £20 or £30 per week (TT$200-$300).

T&T clubs do not have this scouting network. So if it means we have to get excited by a dvd or video clip, whats the problem? For every Ian Wright or Ian Cox a scout discovers, there will be dozens a year who go on trial and fail. A scout, as good as he may be, is still only one guy, with one guys opinion. Dozens of people have seen Roopies video (including foreign coaches) and most feel he is worth a look.

Maybe, after this, sw.net will receive many more, and maybe one of these guys will be the next Dwight Yorke. T&T has talented players, but not all of them have been given an opportunity. Bring 'em on, I say, the more the merrier. I would never get tired of seeing exciting young kids showing their potential.

One diamond is all we hope for.   

nobody not saying no...

but if he ent make... he ent make... why people have to see something sinister behind dat, other than he not good enough at this moment or he is not what de coaches looking for?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »
I honestly hope this young man can improve to the point of making the TT team. Because in my brief like time I have seen some "real diamonds" who turn out to be plexiglass. On the other hand, I remember Eulilia Davis(former PNM minister) husband, Ken  in QRC who was not the best of players when he entered school. But by his senior year played a hell of a game in defence against St. Joseph College to save we from getting demoted. i wish the yute all the best.

While quite a few raving about this yuteman, I am wondering what is being done to encouraged the local Roopchands, Maraj, Khans, Sookrams(both male and female) to take their football to the next level.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »
So wait, it was so easy to make Liverpool side back then?  Hit two targets and dribble some cans?  I could do all dat.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »
I spoke to one of the guys from Herkimer County Community College and he said Mike is really a good player, he is probable one of the best on the team. He said the coach loves him to.

He told me, that he will improve once he keep training at a higher level.

So if Mike read this, a message to you, keep your head up and go for it 150%, forget party and gal for now, that will come.

The current T&T Under 23 team is very good and have been together for a long time and maybe you cant make the team as yet, but I am sure you will be there one day.

Angus Eve is a good coach and he will turn you into a better player, I am not sure if you are still in T&T, but if you are, keep trying, we want to see you in the red, black and white.

You have nothing to loose and all to gain, the ball is in your court, so play well and be not only a start boy player, but smart and discipline, fight like a Soca Warrior.

Fitness is also a main factor.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 09:27:14 AM by Errol »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2012, 08:16:45 PM »
For those of you who have bombarded me for details of Roopie's try out for North East Stars.....heres an update.

Senior team played the Reserves today up by St Johns, St Augustine.

Roopie played from the start for Reserves (same team who beat Army Reserves last week, which included many 1st team players including Richard Roy and Ross Russell jnr).

North East play in a 4-2-2-2 formation and this is replicated in the Reserves so players can interchange within the system. This means that Roopie played on the left, but quite narrow, which is not really his position.

They played 3 x 30 minute sessions. Roopie settled in ok with some nice first touches and solid short passes. Worked hard closing down the opposition. Most of the time he played against Marc "Passion" Leslie, who is a solid player.

Only once did Roopie manage to take a run down the left with the ball, but skipped past a couple of players and very nearly nutmegged Charles Pollard.

Roopie sat out the second session as he had a thigh muscle pull, but after some physio work he played the third session.

Much of the same in the third session.

Roopie never really had the chance to show his best stuff. Some of this was due to the formation and some due to being new to the team with no real chance to build understanding.

Aside from the North East coaches - Alcantara & Jeffrey and Sancho, there was also an assistant coach from St Johns University in USA who has spent a few days with North East looking for talent. All of the coaches confirmed Roopie as a quality player.

He will now train with the Reserves to get acclimatised and then obviously, if he shines through, will move up to the senior squad.

He's a hard working player (which obviously didn't show on the dvd) and can take licks. It was full body contact today and Roopie took some knocks but got on with his game.

Most refreshing was his enthusiasm, and he's a genuinely nice guy.

Looking forward to him settling in and setting the Pro League alight, but first, I can't wait to see him in the Reserves, maybe even this week!

Will keep you all updated. I think you guys have taken him to your hearts as its only through this site that he's in T&T. So I truly hope he can make the grade so we can all be proud of the small part we've played in contributing to T&T football.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
Good stuff... thanks for the report :beermug:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »
Great stuff FS  :thumbsup:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »
nice one FS,allyuh doh make joke

once he learn the system I glad too bad fuh dat fellah, man prove online vids does work to get wukk
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »
I hope Roopie eh get introduce to dwarika..Cause allyuh go have to pick him up frm one a de local rum shops...... Play yu ball Roopie when yu Deck di national colours I going and buy 5 jersey wid yu name on it....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline 41laromain

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 07, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
Yo Roopie, I hope you are keeping your head up high, you know, cause some TRINIS done start to put you down aready, me i going and give you credit for leaving your family in the US as a 20 year old kid taking some time off from collage to come to TRINIDAD to play ball homeboy.

If that is you passion then youth man go for it, it reminds me of all the millions of people thats comes to AMERICA to fulfill thier dreams it is what it is when someone has a desire to acheive something in life the things they go through to acheive that gold.

FLEX I have to give you much credit man the youth did not make the under 23 team but you did link him with NE Stars just think in life people like FLEX you have open the doors for this kid he will live with that great felling for the rest of his life.

I hope many of us can do the same and also Roopie can be able to help and assist many others, it does not have to be the KHANS, THE SINGHS, THE SOOKRAM we are one people just struggling to make it.

I wish the youthman all the best, if your desire is to play ball for TNT youth, go for it, hope some other coaches see you and push you to the next level, some of we TRINIS act like we produce ball players like BRASIL, ARGENTINA, SPAIN, ETC.

TRINIDAD football has gone backwards 20yrs from the days of DOM BASIL MATTHEWS, the real St Benedicts when we had guys who had a passion for the game, until we have guys like that again TRINIDAD football will be right where it is, you have guys who have a game tomorrow and they in the club partying till 4am, then you want to play ball and win matches like them youth who not reach the top level yet but want big money.

Ask men like DE LEON, CAVE, ARCHIE, BREWESTER, LENARD, CUMMINGS, ETC how much them ever get paid in them days TRINIDAD football and they was the best, almost the whole of TRINIDAD team was from St Benedicts, politics and sports dont mix, man like JACK and CORNEALS kill TRINIDAD football.

I hope the unnder 23 team can hold thier heads togather and make themself proud wearing your national colours. Roopie keep your head up any time there is a tryout keeping on the doors as long as you are determined to make it your day will come, bless.

One Love
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:20:40 PM by Flex »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2020, 06:35:55 AM »
Wonder where Roopie playing now?

I feel we lost out on a good player here.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 05, 2020, 08:17:04 AM »

Tried googling, does he have a brother and lvie in Newburgh? If so there's a potential story here; http://www.timeshudsonvalley.com/stories/life-of-a-conqueror,11052 - says he's a carer for his brother. He alos has a defunct page as a staff member at Herkimer Generals, a school he played at.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #222 on: March 05, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »

Tried googling, does he have a brother and lvie in Newburgh? If so there's a potential story here; http://www.timeshudsonvalley.com/stories/life-of-a-conqueror,11052 - says he's a carer for his brother. He alos has a defunct page as a staff member at Herkimer Generals, a school he played at.

Yes, that's his brother.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 05, 2020, 06:58:35 PM »

Yes, that's his brother.

As much as we love football. this situation is bigger than football. His love and dedication to his brother is a great blessing. He will be Blessed. As Shorty sang. Who God Bless No man shall ever curse .... He shall be first.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2020, 08:01:48 PM »

Yes, that's his brother.

As much as we love football. this situation is bigger than football. His love and dedication to his brother is a great blessing. He will be Blessed. As Shorty sang. Who God Bless No man shall ever curse .... He shall be first.

Ent.

1]; } ?>