April 23, 2024, 05:27:55 PM

Author Topic: Great News! Panday to form team to contest UNC polls  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great News! Panday to form team to contest UNC polls
« on: December 14, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
Long time now we suffering for a lack of kicks!

http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=36314

Former Prime Minister and Leader of the United National Congress, Mr. Basdeo Panday, has vowed to take back the party he helped to form in 1989.

Basdeo Panday

At a News Conference on Tuesday, Mr. Panday said the rank and file of the party has expressed displeasure in the direction of the party. He said under the theme "Generation Next," he will lead a team to contest the 2012 UNC internal elections.

He said: "We shall put up a full slate of candidates in the next internal party elections which are due in a few months time. I emphasise, I want no office, I shall serve in an advisory capacity only."

The UNC evolved from Club 88 in 1989 after Mr. Panday and six members of Parliament broke away from the NAR. The UNC then became known as a grassroots party that attracted a large East Indian following. Mr. Panday said the present-day UNC knows nothing of the people's struggles to build the party over the past 22 years.

"The rank and file who have been speaking to me claim that the good name of the UNC. The party which they formed from Club 88 in the cold rain and thunder, mud and slush in Aranguez in 1989, is now being given a bad name and bad reputation by the PP Government."

The former Prime Minister, who has been out of active politics since the People's Partnership came into Government in 2010, also accused the UNC Members of Parliament of losing touch with their constituents.

He said over the next few weeks, his faction of the UNC will launch their campaign with public and cottage meetings, the use of social media websites, and interviews. He said they will also set up a website at: www.takebacktheunc.com

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Great News! Panday to form team to contest UNC polls
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
 :rotfl: lack of kicks like yuh did not watch d daily briefin during d SOE. Plus like yuh 4get Don't Be Rude. IS KICKS DAILY WIT THIS GOV'T
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
:rotfl: lack of kicks like yuh did not watch d daily briefin during d SOE. Plus like yuh 4get Don't Be Rude. IS KICKS DAILY WIT THIS GOV'T

There is a difference between a comedy of errors...and wholesome kicks. Imagine de picong.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:51:01 AM »

There is a difference between a comedy of errors...and wholesome kicks. Imagine de picong.

K
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »
Seems as if he is paving the way for Mickela who has struck me as being an excellent politician but far removed from racial politics which might be a setback given the current climate.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
I thought Patos and Bas were going to form an alternative to PP/PNM.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 04:40:14 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!  *rubs hands in glee*   :drool:  :drool:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!  *rubs hands in glee*   :drool:  :drool:

:rotfl: 2012 shaping up nicely

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
This has to be bad for the people of T&T...steups, why he and Patos eh stop causing commess and ride out?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
This has to be bad for the people of T&T...steups, why he and Patos eh stop causing commess and ride out?

Unless there is constitutional amendment for term limits of PMs, Patos and Bas are within the rights to "cause commess".

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:33 AM »
Seems as if he is paving the way for Mickela who has struck me as being an excellent politician but far removed from racial politics which might be a setback given the current climate.

i wonder why... ;)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:03 AM »

i wonder why... ;)

::) I wonder also

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:29 AM »

i wonder why... ;)

what u insinuatin boss man >:(

;D ;D ;D :D :D ;)
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>