April 25, 2024, 05:53:32 PM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips & TT Pro League team up for player showcase.  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Lincoln Phillips & TT Pro League team up for player showcase.
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:10:07 PM »
Lincoln Phillips & TT Pro League team up for player showcase.
By Lincoln Phillips.

Former TTFF Technical Director, Lincoln Phillips, has joined forces with the T&T Pro League to begin a series of initiatives designed to provide opportunities for Pro League Players and Clubs to be seen by international scouts. The initiative will also serve to benefit youth players seeking to play for U.S. collegiate programs.

Phillips will accompany coaches from the Seattle Sounders of Major League Soccer for a showcase event featuring invited domestic players from January 2-4, 2012.

In addition, plans are underway to announce a cooperative agreement with the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) to have a college showcase event in Trinidad and Tobago during April 2012 for the purpose of providing a platform for U.S-based men’s and women’s collegiate program coaches to evaluate and hopefully provide scholarship opportunities to young T&T footballers.

The widely followed website, socawarriors.net, will assist in the coordination and registration of players participating in the showcase events.

Phillips, who served as the TTFF Technical Director from 2004 to May 2011, points to the T&T Pro League as the major source of football development in T&T. “If we are to have a strong, viable national program, our professional leagues must be the focal point of any development effort because it is through our domestic clubs that our youth and senior players receive the bulk of their training and development.”

He further noted, “Trinidad and Tobago should be a destination point to attract international coaches, scouts, and even teams.”

“Though I no longer act in an official capacity for the TTFF, I will always reach out to serve my country and help in its overall football development”.

W Connection Football Club owner, David John Williams was among the first to pledge support of the initiatives and added, “W. Connection is happy to be a part of this venture especially as we have gone with a young squad this year and the average age is 21 years old.

The combines will also give young players from other pro league clubs the opportunity to showcase their talents with the hope of attracting overseas offers.”

In a letter of support to The Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago, T&T Pro League CEO, Dexter Skeene, stated “We fully support initiatives to host coaches and scouts from Major League Soccer and other international professional clubs in order to showcase our Pro League players”.

Preliminary plans are to hold the events at various locations in Central Trinidad and Tobago. Details for the events such as registration, venues and times will be forthcoming.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:13:37 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips & TT Pro League team up for player showcase.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:20:52 PM »
Now this is de Lincoln I know !!!!!!

Great work man.

Nice to see SPORTT doing something positive for a change, I am assuming that they paying for this ?.

PS: LP, we need another player combine !!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »
I'm hearing that SPORTT is not supporting this for whatever reason. Seems like the kind of thing they are supposed to support especially with the current challenges. Good to see the collaboration between LP and Pro League though.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »
 :applause:

Great work LP !

Hopefully, Seattle Sounders will sign a few of our players.

SPORTT is a big waste, getting paid for NOTHING.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:55:11 PM »
 :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :applause: :cheers: :wavetowel:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 01:41:47 PM »
First you have to bet better internally, then you have to export players outside. we keep looking to find opportunities for players on the outside, those things will happen automatically if the standard of play increases internally.

which come first chicken or the egg.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 02:34:42 PM »
I'm hearing that SPORTT is not supporting this for whatever reason. Seems like the kind of thing they are supposed to support especially with the current challenges. Good to see the collaboration between LP and Pro League though.
    That eh surprise me because the MOS done decide to take over Football and they going to run it their way,they already indicated what they have in mind for the communities,hireing Coaches for their programs etc etc they took back the money that was not used for the WC,the TTFF is just a figure head.Lincoln is all about the game Football,don't matter what happened the game comes first,i'm glad to see he means well for our Football.

Offline El Tigre

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 12:51:22 AM »
First you have to bet better internally, then you have to export players outside. we keep looking to find opportunities for players on the outside, those things will happen automatically if the standard of play increases internally.

which come first chicken or the egg.

KND2, I do respect your opinion but based on my experience I wish to humbly disagree with your statement.

I firmly believe that when players see that there are abundant opportunities to achieve a higher status in life through football, each player will have the tendency to work harder to improve his game. Conversely, when players are cheated and not given their just due, as in the case with the teams that lost to Grenada in the Digicel Cup and Guyana in the World Cup prelims, then their motivation is severely hampered.

When the institutions charged with providing support, resources and opportunities do so in a good faith manner consistent with the level of patriotism they tend to speak so highly of, I guarantee the players will rise to the occasion.

Keep up the great work folks. I really enjoy reading the posts.
LP
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:05:45 AM by El Tigre »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 02:04:21 AM »
nice...expose de fitball

and ah hope allyuh realize...socawarriors.net going to play a very big part in 2012...history
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
It seems like, to me, you are auditioning for the role of  technical director of the TTFF.  Wait, weren't you the technical director at one point in your life? Not impressed. Maybe, you should audition for president of the TTFF. Maybe, then you could tell the people of TnT where your boy Wacko Jacko is hiding all those millions he stole from the players and the taxpayers of TnT. In 2005, you described footballers in TnT as the most important resources. Why don't you do the right thing and reveal the truth. You don't have to worry about Wacko firing you. It's okay.
As far as your little initiative with Mr. Skewness is concerned shows a lack of vision and initiatives on the part of the TTFF executive committee and Mr. Skewness of the tt pro league. I am probably the only person on this forum with the belief that Mr. Skewness is stunting the development of the so called pro league because of his lack of vision and ability to improve upon the growth and attractiveness of the players and the league itself.
As far as your tenure as technical director is concerned, not impressive. In 2007 in one of your interviews you stated that a good national team is the result of a good development programme and if we have good development programmes we will have good national teams. Have you seen the results of your labor? It's nonexistent. Where is the good development programmes you talked about in 2007?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »
The widely followed website, socawarriors.net, will assist in the coordination and registration of players participating in the showcase events.

Say a lil bit about this nah.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 09:14:38 AM »
It seems like, to me, you are auditioning for the role of  technical director of the TTFF.  Wait, weren't you the technical director at one point in your life? Not impressed. Maybe, you should audition for president of the TTFF. Maybe, then you could tell the people of TnT where your boy Wacko Jacko is hiding all those millions he stole from the players and the taxpayers of TnT. In 2005, you described footballers in TnT as the most important resources. Why don't you do the right thing and reveal the truth. You don't have to worry about Wacko firing you. It's okay.
As far as your little initiative with Mr. Skewness is concerned shows a lack of vision and initiatives on the part of the TTFF executive committee and Mr. Skewness of the tt pro league. I am probably the only person on this forum with the belief that Mr. Skewness is stunting the development of the so called pro league because of his lack of vision and ability to improve upon the growth and attractiveness of the players and the league itself.
As far as your tenure as technical director is concerned, not impressive. In 2007 in one of your interviews you stated that a good national team is the result of a good development programme and if we have good development programmes we will have good national teams. Have you seen the results of your labor? It's nonexistent. Where is the good development programmes you talked about in 2007?

::) The TTFF is broken, the government is broken, the pro league clubs are the only semblance of football that seem to be attempting to do something. So, your hostility is directed at the wrong target.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »

When the institutions charged with providing support, resources and opportunities do so in a good faith manner consistent with the level of patriotism they tend to speak so highly of, I guarantee the players will rise to the occasion.

Precisely. A lot of the talk about playing solely for patriotism comes from non-athletes who have never been hit by the physical and mental challenges that come with pushing yourself to become good enough to be counted among the national ranks. People talk too about how much football is a mental game but they fail to realize that you face an uphill battle if your personal ducks and your association/administration's ducks are not in order.

Expect to get some flack here and there in this place because of perceptions of your role in the TTFF. But we are in need of people to push smarter initiatives, raise the bar and keep serious pressure on the MoS, Pro-League and TTFF to change the way they do business. With the elephant slowly being pushed out of the room there is more space for others to do thier thing, with less constraints. Welcome to the board.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 12:10:00 AM »
Nice work, LP

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »
        What do you expect to benefit from this,tell me a Technical Director that was ever successful with any program in T&T wheather foreign or local,if you don't have support financially and otherwise for your programs they will have never work,i think LP did as much as he could have done or allowed to do during his time as TD.This is nothing but trying to discredit,put down,embarass someone who's only crime is trying to help Football in T&T,i was surprised to see him come on here to share his ideas and views with us,i hope his time here last with the way you guys like to attack each other.   

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 08:37:10 AM »
I must complement Lincoln for doing a good job, he is now doing more work than he ever did while he was with the TTFF as a TD. At least its a start and he is trying, unlike Keith Look Loy who think he could fight against the laws in T&T, not man is an island Pal.

I remember I had these two men bowing to Jack Warner at one time, they called him sir.   :rotfl:

I can assure you that nothing will come out of this Pal.

MLS might be improving but their laws are not the best and they have to much restrictions. This is a waste and that is why SPORTT will not support this.

Ask Lincoln what happen to Stoke City and their to Trinidad.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 09:29:17 AM »
I must complement Lincoln for doing a good job, he is now doing more work than he ever did while he was with the TTFF as a TD. At least its a start and he is trying, unlike Keith Look Loy who think he could fight against the laws in T&T, not man is an island Pal.

I remember I had these two men bowing to Jack Warner at one time, they called him sir.   :rotfl:

I can assure you that nothing will come out of this Pal.

MLS might be improving but their laws are not the best and they have to much restrictions. This is a waste and that is why SPORTT will not support this.

Ask Lincoln what happen to Stoke City and their to Trinidad.

You seem to come around only when things worry you mr. Horner and make predictions that always fall short. So let me get this straight, SPORTT does nothing to support any program created to bring some level of purpose and excitement back to football and you get joy out of this? I didn't believe anyone would be so vindictive and evil but there is a feeling among some that Jack and his clan would try to jam everything up since he's banned from the game; you have just confirmed that feeling is justified.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:30:49 AM by tempo »

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »
Mr Tempo, if you want to bring excitement back into the game why not invite teams in leagues that have a better chance of signing players from T&T instead of teams in the MLS who does not have respect for our players and who is only allowed to sign four foreign players.

I am sure LP with all the links he have he could get a few teams from Belgium, Italy and Portugal to come to T&T, these leagues have less restrictions.

This is stupid, the same way T&T players run to England for trials even though they know they cannot get sign because they do not meet the requirements.

David John Williams will approve this off course, because he isn,t any better and only looking for a quick dollar even if he have to send his players Guam, once the transfer money is good to hell with them even if they unhappy, ask Clyde Leon. Ask him how much money he got for Hector in Vietnam. Them players might come back with gunnerera and yellow fever just for a few dollars.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:06:20 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 08:12:55 AM »
Mr Tempo, if you want to bring excitement back into the game why not invite teams in leagues that have a better chance of signing players from T&T instead of teams in the MLS who does not have respect for our players and who is only allowed to sign four foreign players.

I am sure LP with all the links he have he could get a few teams from Belgium, Italy and Portugal to come to T&T, these leagues have less restrictions.

This is stupid, the same way T&T players run to England for trials even though they know they cannot get sign because they do not meet the requirements.

David John Williams will approve this off course, because he isn,t any better and only looking for a quick dollar even if he have to send his players Guam, once the transfer money is good to hell with them even if they unhappy, ask Clyde Leon. Ask him how much money he got for Hector in Vietnam. Them players might come back with gunnerera and yellow fever just for a few dollars.

My God....there's "gunnerera" in Vietnam??? Thank God they don't get gonorrhea there, like they have in T&T!!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 08:33:31 AM »
Sorry for the miss spell, hopefully your shallow mind could get the point.

Besides, I have a job and will be in work soon, so I do not have to time to correct simple mistakes.

You are all over the place, are you Lincoln or Sancho.

This camp is three weeks away and does anyone know the venue, I want to catch some kicks, it would be nice to see the bias Americans in action, they already know what the outcome would be, ask yourself why the actual team didn't come to Trinidad alongside the coach to play against a pro league 11 so we can better showcase our talent.

Bring the coach, pay him, he comes to our small island, drink free rum, eat to his pleasure and laugh on his way back to Seattle.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »

MLS is not the only league with a foreign player limit, but I guess you forgot about that; no problem. Also, you raise an interesting point about the leagues in Portugal, Belgium, and Italy. When I think of leagues where T&T players are highly prized and respected, those countries are the first to come to mind  ::). Really, are you serious!? There is only one player from T&T playing in Belgium, none in Italy, and zilch in Portugal. Plus how many coaches from T&T are plying their trade in those countries? MLS and America has it's flaws, but give Jack its jacket  ;D, there are more T&T players and coaches able to find wuk in the US than the countries you think give more respect to T&T.

Outside T&T and the U.S., England has more Trinbagonians plying their football trade than any other country in the world. But hey, no need to quibble on that little fact especially if it gets in the way of your fascinatingly poor reasoning.

DJW and many of the other Pro League owners run a business. A necessary part of running that business is the selling of player's rights. As for owners looking to make a "quick dollar"; are you the pot or the kettle?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 05:43:43 AM »
You are right to say DJW and many of the other Pro League owners run a business, because I said the same thing just in a honest way, they run a business and they have to sell players to survive or over full their pockets, even if it means selling players to any club and any country and not even asking the players or telling them the terms and condition or giving them a percentage of the transfer fee, ripping them of bold facely.

Did you see the Otto Pfister video ? maybe you should watch it again, the players dont know anything, where they will be living, how much tax they paying, what is their salary, how much is the transfer fee, who picking them up in the airport- etc.

You guys worried about Jack Warner fulling his pockets, you should also look at how our players get treated by some of the pro league bosses and how they make $$ of some of the players backs.

Seattle Sounders just signed Cato, now what is the purpose of them coming to T&T again ? I assume you might say Cato will not take an international spot because he signed as a developmental player, I assure you, not for long.

Furthermore, you are talking nonesense about most of our players playing in MLS and England and that Belgium and other European countries are not the place to go, our players go to MLS and England because they prefer to go there, its simple as that, and that the lower leagues in England requires less, the EPL has new rules now, hence the reason we have only one EPL player, and don't tell me about Jlloyd and Zamora because they are UK citizens.

We have two Trini born player in the lower leagues in the UK, the same amount in Belgium a place they can obtain a European passport easier and doors will be open.

MLS/America have restrictions, ask Keon Daniel, he knows first hand.

Daniel Cyrus might be coming home. Sporting Kansas have few international players (Aiyegbusi, Cesar, Collin, Cyrus, Joseph and Nielsen).

Sealy is none existant and will be release next month.

Birchall is free and may go back to England.

We have two players in the MLS now and that is Cato and James who looks sure.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 06:27:57 AM »
Dear Combine Participant:

The Seattle Sounders of Major League Soccer and I invite you to participate in a combine for the purpose of scouting the best young footballers in Trinidad and Tobago.  This will be the first in a series initiatives designed to attract international coaches, scouts, and teams to Trinidad and Tobago.

The event will take place on January 2 and 3, 2012 at The University of West Indies-SPEC grounds at the St. Augustine Campus. The morning session will consist of a series of 60 minute games on day one followed by two 90 games on day two. Registration will take place at 8:00 am and kickoff for the morning matches at 9:00 am on January 2.  Afternoon matches are scheduled for 2:00 pm.

A red shirt courtesy of Under Armour will be provided. Players will be expected to bring the following:

1) - Black shorts
2) - White Socks
3) - Shin guards (mandatory)
4) - Water

Please click the link below in order to register. A confirmation letter will be sent to players who are registered and cleared. Players who are not registered will not be able to participate:

Thank you and we all look forward to your participation.

Best Regards,
Lincoln Phillips
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:17:45 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 07:21:32 AM »
What is the age limit for these aspiring players?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 07:33:08 AM »

You just miss out!
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 07:36:18 AM »

I think it's 23.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 09:27:35 AM »
KND2, I do respect your opinion but based on my experience I wish to humbly disagree with your statement.

I firmly believe that when players see that there are abundant opportunities to achieve a higher status in life through football, each player will have the tendency to work harder to improve his game. Conversely, when players are cheated and not given their just due, as in the case with the teams that lost to Grenada in the Digicel Cup and Guyana in the World Cup prelims, then their motivation is severely hampered.

Keep up the great work folks. I really enjoy reading the posts.
LP

I didnot realise that it is the man himself posting here.

Welcome LP and good luck with the combine.

Hopefully, this will spring a few more combines and constantly and not a one in a blue moon event.

And I don't normally agree with Mr Horner but he does have a valid point, in reference to having teams come down so players will be better gauged. Maybe you should really try to get the team to actually come down with their coaches so we could see a few exhibition games, I am sure it will generate revenues and eventually grow.

Our players will also get a better chance to show what they can do in a live game, by a coach having a few practice sessions may not reveal a lot and if a player gets picked for a trial in the US after the combine he could be in for a surprise not to mention a waste of his hard own money.

I remember when Shaka brough FC Dallas to T&T, there was a lot of broken promises.

Glad to see the SWO playing a valid role, sadly LP didn't do the same while there with the TTFF.

Good luck.

1]; } ?>