April 27, 2024, 10:13:05 AM

Author Topic: NFL 2011/2012 season  (Read 3509 times)

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NFL 2011/2012 season
« on: December 16, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »
Was looking to see if there was a thread on this already but didn't find any in the search results.

Some thoughts:
  • Packers looking like a serious threat to go 19-0 but somehow I feel the Saints will ketch them in the playoffs.
  • Playoff football will be back for the 49ers this year. Interesting to see how far Alex Smith and that defense will take them.
  • Eagles dream team looking like a nightmare. Giants and Cowboys battling it out for that NFC East
  • AFC looking a little open. My Pats defense looking like garbage but I hoping they at least give Brady a chance in the playoffs

On a related note, anybody know if they does block the Sunday NFL games on CBS and FOX on Flow cable if you don't have the package? Last time I went home I remember some was blocked. I heading home for the Christmas so wondering if anybody know what the deal is.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2011/2012 season
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 11:58:11 AM »
Just imagine Tim Tebow making all the headlines this year :frustrated:

giggsy11

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »
Just imagine Tim Tebow making all the headlines this year :frustrated:

They acting like he is the first atlethic quarterback ever tuh play the game. It was never good enough for Randall, McNabb, Vick, Vince Young but no Tebow is the best thing since slice white bread! He only gettin props because of his race, he is allegedly still a virgin and he always callin the lord's name in vain! America always gets exposed for what it really is when it comes to who dey does hero worship!

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »
Current gone at the 'stick. You'd think we were watching football in Trinidad.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 09:48:10 AM »
lol @ "current gone'"
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 10:57:32 AM »
Current gone at the 'stick. You'd think we were watching football in Trinidad.

dis when current went

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 10:20:54 AM »
Playoff football will be back for the 49ers this year. Interesting to see how far Alex Smith and that defense will take them.

The running game will have a thing to say as well.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 03:22:04 AM »
Playoff football will be back for the 49ers this year. Interesting to see how far Alex Smith and that defense will take them.

The running game will have a thing to say as well.
True talk. And the coaching finally up to mark for the niners too.

Interesting to watch the 'Suck for Luck' sweepstakes as well.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »
Tim Tebow is the harbinger of the end-times!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »
Tim Tebow is the harbinger of the end-times!

I can't take dis Tebow mania anymore. Now I have to listen to Skip Bayless and his shit all week :frustrated:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »

giggsy11

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 07:13:15 PM »
Not a Niners fan, but I am happy for them and their quaterback. Plus I can't stand the Saints and their overated quaterback. The Niners exploited his panchant to throw the ball up for grabs with some of the throws he usually gets away with. Next to go down is Teblow!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:16:42 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 08:49:50 PM »
It's Tebow Brady Time

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »
Obviously, State Farm's decision to replace the discount double check with Clay Matthew's move has had an adverse effect on the play of the GB Packers. Eli "just throw it up and someone will catch it with their helmet" Manning moves on to face the 49ers.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »
Obviously, State Farm's decision to replace the discount double check with Clay Matthew's move has had an adverse effect on the play of the GB Packers. Eli "just throw it up and someone will catch it with their helmet" Manning moves on to face the 49ers.
For real, Clay and Raji both...we chose the wrong day to play the worst game all season. We looked completely out of sync, dropped passes, poor tackling, Aaron's throws weren't on point at times. I'll give credit to the Giants though, they played well and they've peaked at the right time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »

Keep sleeping on Eli... all season he just throwing it up in the hopes of someone catching it, apparently.  That play was completely by design, the intricacies of which continue to be lost on many people. That was more about execution than luck.

At any rate, I so doh think of this board as having an NFL audience that I forget about checking here... nice win by my Giants yesterday, no real surprise, other than it was easier than anticipated.  The score didn't even reflect the degree of dominance by the Giants... both Packers TDs were scored after the officials were complicit in extending Packer drives.  First one official overruled two others on the field to rule that Greg Jennings didn't fumble... then Bill Leavy mystifyingly ruled there was not enough visual evidence to overrule the call.  Maybe they need DirecTV in HD under the hood, because it sure looked clear as day to me that that was a fumble.

Next was the 3rd Down personal foul penalty on Umenyiora for an alleged "blow to the head of the quarterback".  Maybe I'm just being harsh though... upon further review it did look as though Osi did in fact blow on Rodgers' helmet.  Next time he need to hold he breath longer.

Final score should have been Giants 37, Packers 6, officials 14.

San Francisco next... just as I called it on Saturday on FB, even before we played GB (saying "I look forward to the Giants beating the 49rs next week").  I can't call it yet, but I feel very confident against the 49ers.  There's history here:  in 1990 the Giants went 13-3... the three losses were to Philadelphia, San Francisco and Buffalo.  We revenged the loss against Philadelphia late in the season, beat SF in the NFC title game (Montana got hit by Leonard Marshall, mash up he back and never played for SF again) and beat the Niners, to go to the SuperBowl.  In SB XXV we met the Bills and avenged the regular season loss.

In 2007 we similarly avenged regular season losses to go all the way to the SuperBowl... where we avenged a Week 16 loss to the Patriots by taking the title.

This season the Packers and Niners beat us.  It's hard to win back to back games against good NFL teams (doh ask me what happened against the Redskins), because teams learn a lot more in defeat than they do in victory.  Winning teams have little incentive to change up their attack.  Losing teams have to mash up and build back... often with harsh lessons learned from the loss.  We will be better prepared this time around, not only because we are finally healthy (first time all season), but we are also playing better because players finally having the opportunity to practice together in stretches.

The Niners 'D' is very good against the run and maybe in the secondary.  We are good, not as good, but good against the run and in coverage.  Our pass rush puts us over the top though.  But even if defensively it's a wash, our offense is way more potent than the Niners.  Eli Manning backed up his "elite" talk, and the running game showing signs of life.  Our receivers out of this world though.  Vernon Davis might be better than our two TE's combined (Ballard and Beckum), but Crabtree and Ginn, Jr. can't hold a candle to Nicks, Cruz and Manningham.

One thing that might break in SF's favor is weather... supposed to rain supposedly, which could make a muddy track.  That will slow down not only our receivers, but also our pass rush, and plays into their strength as a running team.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 08:02:52 AM »
the Redskins game was a mirage. That was a photocopy team that played Washington that evening. Their minds were far, far away.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »
Yes sir!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sKBxWLAJE-w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sKBxWLAJE-w</a>

Now to beat the Cheatriots again in two weeks!

1]; } ?>