June 05, 2024, 07:22:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Finland Game (22-Jan-12).  (Read 10023 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Finland Game (22-Jan-12).
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
Well said COOPs- To be fair to Gally he said that he had a brand- Kaiso Soca and after the failed W/C attempt , He asked when he was in charge to take us to France that he wanted all the age groups to play his brand so that the transition from the under 17- 23- to the national team will be smooth and easy. That is the nearest we came to a local brand. Stern John said the best brand in terms of keeping possession was under the recently fired German. We even looked like Barca  at some stages of the last qualifiers.
 What ever brand we play we need to defend and make a faster transition from defence to offence.
 Plus we need a playmaker- I am hearing hopeful signs about DeSilva  Well the commentators at the last match really rosted Jaggy all three cannot understand how he is still on the National Team Radar, yet some one who was at the game on this forum said he was great. I guess to each his own.
       I agree with you Gally tried but one man can't impliment a brand,if a brand have to be successfull it have to be implimented nationwide,it has to become our DNA.Every national team Coach we had at all levels local or foreign came with their own phylosophy/plan so we could never have a consistant brand of Football,look at the difference between local and foreign players or players that play on certain teams or players that play in certain leagues,they are always different,there is no cohesion when these guys come to play for T&T because we don't have any brand/style,our teams that had any kind of success are those who had players together over a period of time.
      You want to tell me in the whole of T&T we struggling for a playmaker,every local team should have a playmaker or two,some how we have a tendency to go for certain names than select players based on performance,players don't need to compete for selection on a national team so i'm not surprised by what people say about players.     

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2012, 05:11:18 PM »
Well said COOPs- To be fair to Gally he said that he had a brand- Kaiso Soca and after the failed W/C attempt , He asked when he was in charge to take us to France that he wanted all the age groups to play his brand so that the transition from the under 17- 23- to the national team will be smooth and easy. That is the nearest we came to a local brand. Stern John said the best brand in terms of keeping possession was under the recently fired German. We even looked like Barca  at some stages of the last qualifiers.
 What ever brand we play we need to defend and make a faster transition from defence to offence.
 Plus we need a playmaker- I am hearing hopeful signs about DeSilva  Well the commentators at the last match really rosted Jaggy all three cannot understand how he is still on the National Team Radar, yet some one who was at the game on this forum said he was great. I guess to each his own.
       I agree with you Gally tried but one man can't impliment a brand,if a brand have to be successfull it have to be implimented nationwide,it has to become our DNA.Every national team Coach we had at all levels local or foreign came with their own phylosophy/plan so we could never have a consistant brand of Football,look at the difference between local and foreign players or players that play on certain teams or players that play in certain leagues,they are always different,there is no cohesion when these guys come to play for T&T because we don't have any brand/style,our teams that had any kind of success are those who had players together over a period of time.
      You want to tell me in the whole of T&T we struggling for a playmaker,every local team should have a playmaker or two,some how we have a tendency to go for certain names than select players based on performance,players don't need to compete for selection on a national team so i'm not surprised by what people say about players.     

They should have never fired the German.  Now we reshaping the "youngsters"  Into what?  Schuuueeps.   I'm not beating down the fellas.  I just want 2 things in T&T Football, Consistency and Common sense. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »
highlights recorded , Blink giving me issues tonight,  Ill try and see if i can upload it still, if not tomorrow morning instead
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
Right now the only local brand has to to come from a club team or various club teams. Coaches with pro teams have the most time with the players. It is unlikely for the national team coach to get players and mold them into Barca in 5 days. He has to get them for a length of time. Right now that is not easy because the pro clubs want their players for their league. A lot of time when the national coach asked for the players, easpecially a star player, club sees this as a nusance. The only time the coach has full control is when the season has ended. But then, some players want to rest. Another thing that compound the situation is the stopping and starting back of the league when there is some WC game. That should not happen. Play ball.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »

They should have never fired the German.  Now we reshaping the "youngsters"  Into what?  Schuuueeps.   I'm not beating down the fellas.  I just want 2 things in T&T Football, Consistency and Common sense. 

Preacher although I have no beef with Otto, TTFF should not have hired him in the first place if they felt they were not fully committed. They, the TTFF undermined Otto with their vai-kee-vai plans for the qualifying rounds. One warm up match before the first qualifying game?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »
it was a decent workout for the team...organized and physical team the finns...

i did not go there to really look at the "team" per se... because that would be asking a lot... so i looked more at the individuals...
afterall..a back 4 is a mini team within a team ... so 2 a midfield..a front 2 and so on...

team analysis and criticism would and should be for the U 23s on Wednesday

so with that in mind...

Marvin...congrats on the armband...solid...not much chance on the 3 goals.. and flapped at a couple long balls

Power... tough day dealing with the strength of the finns..but .. he did well as he is good in the air...maybe the best heading defender we got... again..playing with a new "partner"..made a more difficult

Mikel Willams... not a bad debut...good raw material to work with... took his goal well.... a fit Cryus and Primus on the U23 should keep him out ... but an eye should be kept on him

"boyo" Gonzales.. right back.. not sure ive seen him play at right back before ...did not go forward much...if at all...passed it off ok ... was a bit wild and blade- like ,at the start...and i mean bad... made Avery look like a soft man...but maybe he wanted his debut remembered...

Akeem Adams... I cry a tear for this kid...for me..at the U17 level and World Cup... i had him down of one of our brightest prospects..a man to solve and own that position for a decade...i cannot believe how stagnated he got...but i should have know better because it can happen...but who knows...maybe its something off the field...maybe...but i feel for him...and i feel its a tactical thing..almost intelligence..

Clyde Leon...could only imagine how unsettled he is now... but i do think Clyde leon is going nowhere with the senior national team...sorry...very ordinary player.... and yes i know his role da da da...

Atulla Guerra.. I cant hide my love for this player...i cant... de man could play.. nice on the eye... pass the ball well..inventive... streak of madness here and there...but we all know he wotless... but i will always pay to watch him...hope he really settles down and ready to have a "career"..  he started in the middle..where he likes the most...sadly it will take a strong coach to keep him focused.. and we guessed that the only Player Pfister sent home... Terry fenwick so far was the only  man to sort him out.. and you should hear Fenwick stories on doing that...

Kevin Molino... his progress got me happy....keep going kid... had a good game...but saw him play better in bigger matches...but had a good game.. this kid looks like he wants it all...

Joevin Jones... played left midfield.. decent job without being spectacular...being left footed he provided natural width.. not sure if this is Angus' plan..adams and jones for u23...

Jagdeosingh... played right midfield... left footed player..so cut inside a few times... but mind you...not shy on his right foot...did well... used his strengths well..pace and a bit of trickery...

Richard Roy... seen him briefly for army... old school bustling with a good shift type forward... would have to see him more at this level... he might tell you he wished he did more and picked up better positions in this match

subs
DeSilva.... came on in the middle... first touch was to take a corner..good service.. and with the same play Molino played an expensive disguised reverse lofted pass to DeSilva...so this is his second touch...lets see.. maybe i can hit an acrobatic volley on target...reveals the players confidence in his own ability... made good choices with passes and positions. .. except when he his some overweight long passes in the dying minuets.. ended on the left...which he seems to not enjoy...but hey..looks like that for u23s also...

Jorsling... made himself busy around the box in his normal style.. turned into traffic a few times....

Roachford...this player for me is the opposite of what i said of Akeem Adams above... at U17...i thought he was very ordinary...but his progress has been so much better...but thats how it goes...

Boucher... very little time
Leslie Russell... very little time.. yes he was out of position for the winner..but they all were..

so yea..thats my opinion...and everybody's got one

Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »

Preacher although I have no beef with Otto, TTFF should not have hired him in the first place if they felt they were not fully committed. They, the TTFF undermined Otto with their vai-kee-vai plans for the qualifying rounds. One warm up match before the first qualifying game?

:beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2012, 05:42:33 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xA5NAvFdR0M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xA5NAvFdR0M</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wp424Mip2_o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wp424Mip2_o</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2012, 10:24:06 AM »
The commentators were saying they were watching some sort of feed that had replays and everything during the match so I wonder if they will show the full match on delay.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2012, 10:54:08 AM »
The commentators were saying they were watching some sort of feed that had replays and everything during the match so I wonder if they will show the full match on delay.

They were supposed to have shown it delayed at 9 PM T&T time on Sunday.
http://www.usportt.com/usporttv/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »

They were supposed to have shown it delayed at 9 PM T&T time on Sunday.
http://www.usportt.com/usporttv/

Also being shown on wi sports

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »
Is anyone taping it ?
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2012, 03:53:44 PM »
I thought we lost our adidas sponsorship? ??? ??? ???

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2012, 07:39:21 AM »
I thought we lost our adidas sponsorship? ??? ??? ???

So what they suppose to do, throw away de shirts they have..

Use yuh head nah.....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:41:22 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>