April 27, 2024, 10:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Finland Game (22-Jan-12).  (Read 9814 times)

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Finland Game (22-Jan-12).
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »
Any radio coverage or possible link .... Want to watch meh boy Sean play .......and excited to watch molino

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
All these "coaching courses" these fellas doing, they cyah run dong by UWI and do ah lil public speaking course?

:rotfl:  LMAO...same ting I was thinking!!!!!!
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »
Just Cool. You are right! I know how it feels when you are abroad and stuff happening here! I think generally people support the boys but not the administration and they feel if they support they would be supporting them indirectly! Some folks are just sabotaging progress of the game ! But we are not a country of people who put country before self! Even Jamaica more mature in that regard! They will stay and let everything fall with them! Play yuh mas!
Eh bro, i will let yuh in on ah lil secret. yuh see if we were still in the WCQ, and this game was on an international date and all the big players was back home for the encounter, all these ppl who saying that they boycotting the TTFF, they would've been bought their tickets weeks ago and raring to go!

the truth is, there's no glory and no incentive for them to watch this game,  they are fair weather fans, they only support teams when the going is good, so don't make any excuses for them.

yuh know how long these ppl boycotting the TTFF? since the black list! and ppl was flying all the way to nashville to watch we get we arse cranked in! that's bc we were still in contention for WC glory, but now we are out out out, they wouldn't spen 1 cent....... matter of fact if yuh paid them, they still wouldn't attend, bc noh glory noh dey so.

PS: yuh ever seen anyone on here supporting wolves, blackburn, wigan, coventry, doncaster, or fullam unless one of our boys was playing for them?

i've never seen ah long time supporter of these teams, that's bc they are for the most part glory hunters!  that's why most of them are so critical of our players, BC they are used to supporting big name money teams and players that our boys can't measure up to. it's ah sham.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:06:06 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »
No darrly and caryle mitchel boy??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
Radio coverage

www.i955fm.com

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
chat.socawarriors.net

I got the "Dream Team" of Ken Butcher, Edgar Vidal, and Andre Baptiste

They estimate 400 spectators.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:57:42 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
T&T: 1.Marvin Phillip (Capt), 2.Curtis Gonzales, 3.Akeem Adams, 4.Clyde Leon, 5.Seon Power, 6.Mekeil Williams, 7.Kendall Jagdeosingh, 8.Ataullah Guerra, 9.Richard Roy, 10.Kevin Molino, 11.Joevin Jones.

Subs: 12.Keon Boucher, 13.Hayden Tinto, 14.Willis Plaza, 15.Devorn Jorsling, 16.Jean-Luc Rochford, 17.Aquil Selby, 18.Sean De Silva, 19.Leslie Russell, 21.Andre Marchan (GK).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jadel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 03:28:35 PM »
 Plaza and Jorsling on the bench  ???

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2012, 03:31:13 PM »
33' Mekeil Williams Goal, assist Seon Power after long ball from Curtis Gonzales

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »
...and Finland equalize

They're calling one of the Finnish players Heineken  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 03:38:29 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
Halftime, 1-1

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
chat.socawarriors.net

I got the "Dream Team" of Ken Butcher, Edgar Vidal, and Andre Baptiste

They estimate 400 spectators.

De chat room have cobweb in it.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
how the fellas looking
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »
66' Molino goal...2-1.  Plaza crosses, Jorsling involved somewhere, Molino scores off post I guess.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 04:29:08 PM »
Finland equalize again, T&T apparently complaining that ball went out and Kolehmainen capitalizes and scores.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 04:32:50 PM »
Finland score again, 3-2.  Cross come in, free header and a goal...apparently Russell to blame after just coming on.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »
Game over, Finland win 3-2

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
It sounds like the goals against T&T came from lapses in concentration during times when the inexperienced feel they could take a mental break. 1) right after we scored, 2) instead of playing to the whistle they were arguing about the ball going outside 3) while we were making a substitution etc.

Inexperienced???
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:55:03 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
Maybe.  Let's hope is that, but I haven't heard of a T&T team do it like this for a while.  Flip flops like this are usually technical.  That's all I'm saying. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
It sounds like the goals against T&T came from lapses in concentration during times when the inexperienced feel they could take a mental break. 1) right after we scored, 2) instead of playing to the whistle they were arguing about the ball going outside 3) while we were making a substitution etc.

Inexperienced???

Nope that is we usual routine.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »

Inexperienced???
You asking answers?? that has always been the achilles heel of T&T football from time immemorial, the attacker buss they arse tuh put us on top, and the defenders fall asleep or become dotards as soon as we start playing well.

this is one of the reasons i hate local based defenders, and local coaches, bc they have no clue how to organize and motivate ah defense.

it's my opinion that if T&T had spain's defenders under ah local coach, we would concede to guyana and bermuda easily, same way pfister conceded with power and adams.

these local based defenders need tuh leave T&T and go learn how to defend properly, bc if they continue there in dat minor league, then they will always be a liability to the team, bc the level of play is simply not competitive enough.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 05:48:44 PM »

Inexperienced???
You asking answers?? that has always been the achilles heel of T&T football from time immemorial, the attacker buss they arse tuh put us on top, and the defenders fall asleep or become dotards as soon as we start playing well.

this is one of the reasons i hate local based defenders, and local coaches, bc they have no clue how to organize and motivate ah defense.

it's my opinion that if T&T had spain's defenders under ah local coach, we would concede to guyana and bermuda easily, same way pfister conceded with power and adams.

these local based defenders need tuh leave T&T and go learn how to defend properly, bc if they continue there in dat minor league, then they will always be a liability to the team, bc the level of play is simply not competitive enough.

At this age it is way too late for them. These problems must be addressed at the U-10 U-12 U-14 level after that it is too late but then again ent we Technical Advisor is a borse?

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

[/quote]

At this age it is way too late for them. These problems must be addressed at the U-10 U-12 U-14 level after that it is too late but then again ent we Technical Advisor is a borse?
[/quote]

Co-sign

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »
We wanted change,we getting change lets work with what we got,Jack and Camps gone,LP gone,Latapy and Pfister gone,Lok Loy gone,Ferguson gone,you all can name the rest.
We have to give the present Coaches and players a lot of credit for their performance today,when you take into consideration the condition our Football is in it's not easy to put your heart out,it's not easy when you know the people you are playing for or representing are not there to support you,yet those same people want to be critical of every thing you do.
I thought was only Football had financial/coruption problems,at the moment Cricket,NAAA and Boxing have issues with the MOS,everybody fighting for money. 
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:well done guys,loss 3-2 good start.   

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 07:47:50 PM »
now come back from the game. best $40 i ever spent.i gone expecting finland to cut we ass, next thing i seeing we looking bettern than the side. the main problem for me was the lack of a proper first touch and trust in other players. sean da silva look good. jaggy look great. they were just more technically inclined than us. in a rematch we could beat them.

all that said and done i would pay to see dem again. I happen to love my team...........
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »
Just Cool. You are right! I know how it feels when you are abroad and stuff happening here! I think generally people support the boys but not the administration and they feel if they support they would be supporting them indirectly! Some folks are just sabotaging progress of the game ! But we are not a country of people who put country before self! Even Jamaica more mature in that regard! They will stay and let everything fall with them! Play yuh mas!

Eh bro, i will let yuh in on ah lil secret. yuh see if we were still in the WCQ, and this game was on an international date and all the big players was back home for the encounter, all these ppl who saying that they boycotting the TTFF, they would've been bought their tickets weeks ago and raring to go!

the truth is, there's no glory and no incentive for them to watch this game,  they are fair weather fans,

JC, I glad you could stay dey in the good ole USof A or wherever you are and pronounce on who are fair weather fans or not.  Whey dey hell yuh was when ah fighting traffic to go and see every blasted game against Guyana up in the Marvin Lee?!!  Ah was fair weather fan then??   Steups!!!

When ah jump on de plane and went Nashville, ah was a fair weather fan then??!!  Ah blasted fed up with the shit and whether or not this was a big International or not I wasn't going.  Because ah fed up!!!    This is how I choose to show my dissatisfaction.....you eh like it tough!!!!!  Like ah say stay dey and pronounce on supporters.  The fact is whether I go to the game or you stay dey and pass judgement eh changing the FACT that T&T football right now is not worth the stress until we get a well run functioning TTFF Executive in place. 

In the end I know you and I want basically the same thing......we are choosing to go about it differently......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
Just a couple of points to gain some perspective.

Finland aren't a bad team. In recent years they drew with Portugal home and away and dreww 3-3 in Germany. The reason their FIFA ranking is so low is because they have to play some pretty damn good teams.

That said, on this tour they have mostly home based players as the daye wasn't FIFA sanctioned. Many players had only a few caps and some were making their debuts. However, they are a well organised team.

Losing 3-2 is by no means an embarrassment. However, until Da Silva came on, T&T looked devoid of ideas. I think Da Silva could be a massive player.

Also, why didn't Plaza start? He is the leagues in form striker. Roy is very lively and gets in good positions, but his strike rate is poor. When Plaza came on, he was out on the right. I feel he should have played done the middle. That said, he did well to make the second goal. Adams is a weak spot. He's always licked for pace, and has not learned how to deal with that weakness.

Don't know if anyone from TTFF (aside from Fuentes) went to watch the Finnish train, but you will note from my observations that they like to attack down the wings. Could easily have been stopped.

I think the U23s may fare better on Weds.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 09:02:36 PM »
However, they are a well organised team.

Well yes i expect the U23 to fair better.  It's the story of T&T football.  Side to kill and you let them of.   Lose today and them beat them later when it doesn't matter.   But you raised the critical question FS.   How long would it take for us to be a well organized team?    You would think our brand should be on lock by now. 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 10:14:05 AM »
However, they are a well organised team.

Well yes i expect the U23 to fair better.  It's the story of T&T football.  Side to kill and you let them of.   Lose today and them beat them later when it doesn't matter.   But you raised the critical question FS.   How long would it take for us to be a well organized team?    You would think our brand should be on lock by now. 
       What brand you talking about,T&T have a brand?every club and colleges Coach/team plays or does things differently,every national Coach/team men,women and youth does things differently,as a matter of fact they all do their own thing,to have a brand you got to have the same patern,systems,phylosophy etc through out the country.
       When you look at players from other countries you can identify them with those countries because of the way they play.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
Well said COOPs- To be fair to Gally he said that he had a brand- Kaiso Soca and after the failed W/C attempt , He asked when he was in charge to take us to France that he wanted all the age groups to play his brand so that the transition from the under 17- 23- to the national team will be smooth and easy. That is the nearest we came to a local brand. Stern John said the best brand in terms of keeping possession was under the recently fired German. We even looked like Barca  at some stages of the last qualifiers.
 What ever brand we play we need to defend and make a faster transition from defence to offence.
 Plus we need a playmaker- I am hearing hopeful signs about DeSilva  Well the commentators at the last match really rosted Jaggy all three cannot understand how he is still on the National Team Radar, yet some one who was at the game on this forum said he was great. I guess to each his own.

1]; } ?>