April 27, 2024, 06:07:25 PM

Author Topic: 8 killed over holiday weekend  (Read 3649 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
8 killed over holiday weekend
« on: December 27, 2011, 10:31:45 PM »
8 killed over holiday weekend
By Akile Simon 
Story Created: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:51 PM ECT

WITH eight persons being murdered in separate incidents over the long Christmas weekend, Commissioner of Police Dwayne Gibbs yesterday expressed concern over the incidents but assured the police will continue to do all in their power to deal with such incidents.
The eight killings occurred between last Friday and yesterday in Valencia, Maracas/St Joseph, Claxton Bay, San Fernando, Laventille, Aranjuez and Caroni.
Two of the victims, one of them a woman, were stabbed, while the other six were shot during separate incidents.
The dead people have been identified as army Sgt George Sheldon Froix, Sheldon "Nippy" Gillman, Kern "Chucky" Mitchell, Anil Bhagwandass, Brent Dickson, Noel Marcano, Amanda Phillip and Krishandath "Trudy" Ramesar.
Gibbs spoke with the Express during a brief telephone interview shortly after returning to the country from an overseas trip.
Gibbs said he hadn't had a chance to catch up with what has transpired in the country during his absence but gave the undertaking the police will continue to work with the various stakeholders to provide effective and efficient policing.

He said at the end of 2011, the country would have recorded a lower crime rate and he intends to maintain this with the possibility of taking the rate to an even lower level compared to the past years.
Gibbs said: "At the moment I'm not in a position to say anything since I'm trying to get up to speed with all that has transpired during my absence so I'm not in a position to take any questions.
He added, "We are hoping to expand on all of our policing initiatives especially dealing with the 21st Century Policing Initiative. My wish for 2012 is to have crime way down in the sense that we see people trying to work together and not solving their differences by killing each other and for the country to flourish economically and politically."

Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner in charge of Anti-Crime, Operations, Mervyn Richardson, said yesterday the police have recognised that within the past two weeks many of the homicides committed were a result of conflict between several parties.
He said the issue of people being unable to find effective ways in settling disputes is one of serious concern and must be addressed by individuals themselves.
He said, "We are concerned that within the last two weeks we have seen a marginal increase in homicides. We are investigating every incident and I could tell you that several of them are expected to be completed within the earliest possible time.
"Every life lost is a concern to us and one too many as we remain in this all-time-low in homicides and it's unfortunate what happened in East Port of Spain last week at the Trou Macaque, Laventille, Plannings.
"I want to assure the public that we are doing all in our power to ensure their safety and security. We also want to thank them for calling in and providing us with information in solving homicides and crimes and urge them to continue doing so.
"As we move into the pre-Carnival season, there would be an even greater police visibility throughout the country."
The latest killing occurred at Forres Park, Claxton Bay, where Ramesar was shot by unknown assailants while liming at the side of the roadway. Ramesar was shot twice about his body and once in his head a stone's throw away from where he lived at Allarack Road, Caratal Road.
His family believe persons who were jealous of Ramesar, who worked as a farmer and a watchman, chose to end his life.

Witnesses told police that around 9 p.m. that a gunman wearing a ski mask on his face and with a hat with a headlamp emerged from a track leading to Allarack Road where Ramesar was liming and shot him.
The gunman then walked away from the scene.
Ramesar was at the time liming and drinking on the road with his sister, Rekha Ragoonath, friend Anthony Rampersad and neighbour Indradeo Pulchan.
Ragoonath, who turned 17 yesterday, said when she saw the gunman she initially wanted to run because she thought he looked strange.
Ragoonath said: "This guy came out wearing a ski mask and a hunting light on his head. At first he just flashing around in the bushes and trees so we thought it was a hunter. We usually would see persons with head lamps, but the ski mask was not normal. But when he reached about eight or nine feet away from Trudy he just started to shoot and my brother fell to the ground. He (the killer) didn't look at us or anything. He just went up to him and shot him again to make sure he died. Then he just walked back from where he came, he didn't run away".
The family rushed Ramesar to the Couva Health Facility but he was pronounced dead on arrival there.
His mother, Sumatee Ragoonath, said her son was set up by persons whom he knew. "My son didn't interfere with anybody unless someone interfered with him," she said.
Ramesar served one year in jail in 1999 for stealing, his family said.
Between 8.30 p.m. on Saturday and 1 a.m. on Christmas Day, there were three more killings.
Bhagwandass, a 35-year-old watchman, was riding his bicycle along Abuckle Trace, Caroni, when a man walked up to him and shot him about the body. He fell and died on the roadway, police said.
His killing is believed to be as a result of old argument he had with another man over a quantity of cocaine, police said.
Dickson, 33, of Soogrim Trace, Laventille, was gunned down around 12.30 a.m., on Christmas Day. Officers from the Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) responded to reports of a shooting in the area.
When they got to the scene they found Dickson with a gunshot wound to the head and chest lying dead next to a community centre. Police believe his murder was gang related.

Marcano, 55, is believed to have been murdered around 1 a.m. the same day on the compound of a garbage disposal company at Patraj Trace, off the Don Miguel Road Extension, El Socorro, south.
The victim, who police said was employed as a watchman, and also lived on the premises, was seen arguing with two men who are believed to have murdered him.
One of the suspects is believed to have stabbed Marcano twice in the chest, killing him on the spot.
The men later went to the Barataria Police Station and claimed they "found" Marcano dead in a guard booth on the compound.

Army Sgt Froix, 40, and Mitchell, 24, an Arima resident, were gunned down while liming at D'Rum Shop bar in Valencia early on Saturday. Russell Samlal, another patron at the bar, was also shot and critically injured.
And in the first incident, which occurred at Upper Wharf Trace, Maracas/St Joseph around 8.45 p.m., Gillman, 35, of Prizgar Lands, Laventille, was shot 16 times about the body while liming at Upper Wharf Trace.
He died at the scene and his killing was described by police as being linked to a dispute he had with a drug dealer within the North Eastern Division.
—with reporting by Susan Mohammed

So wait ..these thugs kill d man and then gone and claiming dey find him..ah wonder how dey get ketch..
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:33:32 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

truetrini

Re: 8 killed over holiday weekend
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:07:22 AM »
Bring back the SoE and de curfew now!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 06:52:25 AM »

Oh gorm......yuh take the words right off mih keyboard!!!  Where Dinho??  He still waiting 6 months to judge whether or not the SOE was successful??  Steups!!   ::) ::)  :bs:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 08:20:59 AM »

Oh gorm......yuh take the words right off mih keyboard!!!  Where Dinho??  He still waiting 6 months to judge whether or not the SOE was successful??  Steups!!   ::) ::)  :bs:

D SOE was 2 give we a lil breather from d murders. So when a nxt breather is needed it will return.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »
Allyuh will be taking short breaths right after carnival... doh fret lol

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »

D SOE was 2 give we a lil breather from d murders. So when a nxt breather is needed it will return.

anyone that have to take 6 months to evaluate the efficacy of the SoE clowning in real facking time!

No facking person was convicted for any serious crimes during that time..NONE!  WTF Dinho asking for 6 months for..yuh joking right?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »

anyone that have to take 6 months to evaluate the efficacy of the SoE clowning in real facking time!

No facking person was convicted for any serious crimes during that time..NONE!  WTF Dinho asking for 6 months for..yuh joking right?

I would like to see the homicide stats for December 2011 compared to December 2010 and December 2011 and the average of January -August 2011. I think that would be a reasonable gauge.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »
It is very sad that this happening. It seems that this violence is unabatable. I was reading that Costa Rica and Honduras are also having an unprecented amount of murders the past couple years. The Mexicans have arrived. The US is actively involved with these 2 countries to try and stem the tide of murders. Now I am reading that Venezuela's murder rate is 4 times that of Mexico. That is unforgivable, unconcionable, utter sadness. We in TT on a real slippery slope.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-16349118

A Venezuelan campaign group says the country has suffered a record number of murders in 2011.

The Venezuela Violence Observatory says at least 19,336 people have been killed this year, an average of 53 a day.

The figures suggest Venezuela's murder rate is the highest in South America and four times that of Mexico.

Criminal violence is set to be a major issue in next year's elections, when President Hugo Chavez is seeking another term in office.

"We must inform the nation that 2011 will end as the the most violent year in the nation's history," the Venezuela Violence Observatory (OVV) said in a news release.

Its figures - based on research by several Venezuelan universities - suggest that in 2011 Venezuela had a murder rate of 67 per 100,000 inhabitants.

That compares to 32 per 100,000 last year in neighbouring Colombia and 14 per 100,000 in Mexico, two countries suffering widespread drug-related violence.

The Venezuelan government has recognised the problem of violent crime, though its figures are much lower.

Last February, Interior Minister Tarek El Aissami told Congress the murder rate was 48 per 100,000 inhabitants.

'Impunity'

The OVV says violent crime has risen steadily in Venezuela since 1999 when President Chavez took office. In that year only 4,550 murders were registered.

President Chavez has established a new security force to tackle crime The group did not give an overall reason for the rising violence, but said the problem was fuelled by impunity, with the great majority of killings going unpunished.

A high level of gun ownership is also a factor.

Along with the murder rate, levels of robbery and kidnap have also been going up.

In November, President Hugo Chavez announced the creation of a new armed force - the People's Guard - to improve public security.

Thousands of troops were deployed to support police on the streets of Caracas and other regions where crime levels are high.

Several Latin American countries have murder rates far higher than the global average of 6.9 murders per 100,000 people.

The highest rate in 2010 was in Honduras, which suffered 82 murders per 100,000 inhabitants, according to the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:30:55 PM by Deeks »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
Wait, I thought T&T's murder rate was the highest in the region?

Jah Kingdom and dem men real had me fool yes!!

He had me thinking twice bout going home for T&T Carnival 2012 and possibly moving to Jamaica but I think my fears were misplaced?!  :o
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »

Nope....

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=54625.1230

So if 6 months to a year down the road, I see that the level of crime, murders and state of society reverts to its pre-SoE state i will say that it was a failed exercise. And I will feel real hopeless too, because it will be like nothing we do could help we.

I just chalk it up to the fella's fondness for swimming against the PNM undercurrent on the fourm....ah doh feel he meant half the things he said in his posts over on that thread.....because if he did......lawd fadder.....*smh*  ::)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:48:11 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »

He had me thinking twice bout going home for T&T Carnival 2012 and possibly moving to Jamaica but I think my fears were misplaced?!  :o
So what is T&T's murder rate per capita?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 09:46:32 PM »

Yuh need to ask Jah Kingdom who is the expert on those matters!! ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 10:24:28 PM »

Weh yuh tellin meh bout jakingdom fuh! is you who bring it up, so i askin you.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 12:02:58 AM »

Look here do a search on goole and stop wasting meh time nah! Like yuh lazy or what?!

And Happy New Year by the way!!  :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 04:39:54 AM »

Look here do a search on goole and stop wasting meh time nah! Like yuh lazy or what?!

Stuueeepppssss! you need help oui. ::)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 07:43:58 AM »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »

Stuueeepppssss! you need help oui. ::)
Cyah doubt yuh there! Like yuh talking from yuh own experience!!   ;)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
WAR IS BACK .. f**k SOE  .. f**k SAVING LIFES IN LAVENTKILL BLACK SHIT AND SHE CREW  WEY ALLYUH DEY ...  LET DI KILLING BEGIN .. ROWLEY WEY YU DEY ? LIFES WAS SAVED DURING DI SOE AND YU PUSSYHOLE A STILL TALK BULLSHIT .. JES c**t , BLACK SHIT, & MR PROUD TO BE BLACK AKA TRINITY CROSS WEY ALLYUH DEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL DI ARSEHOLE WHO OPPOSED THE SOE WEY ALLYUH DEY NOW ?????? MAYBE DI WUTLESS PIECES OF SHIT WHO BRINGING DOWN TNT WILL KILL OUT THEMSELVES AND TNT WILL BE NICE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 03:20:11 PM »
WAR IS BACK .. f**k SOE  .. f**k SAVING LIFES IN LAVENTKILL BLACK SHIT AND SHE CREW  WEY ALLYUH DEY ...  LET DI KILLING BEGIN .. ROWLEY WEY YU DEY ? LIFES WAS SAVED DURING DI SOE AND YU PUSSYHOLE A STILL TALK BULLSHIT .. JES c**t , BLACK SHIT, & MR PROUD TO BE BLACK AKA TRINITY CROSS WEY ALLYUH DEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL DI ARSEHOLE WHO OPPOSED THE SOE WEY ALLYUH DEY NOW ?????? MAYBE DI WUTLESS PIECES OF SHIT WHO BRINGING DOWN TNT WILL KILL OUT THEMSELVES AND TNT WILL BE NICE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR
Thanks war, thanks eh.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »

WAR
Thanks war, thanks eh.
stupid is as stupid does......why u even bother to respond
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »
War, Merry Christmas. U OK?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »
Stuueeeppssss, weh allyuh so diplomatic wid he fuh, tell this racist piece ah sh!t how he mudda make him nah man! fuh yrs now i watchin this warmonger guy goin on about patrick manning and the PNM, and i know exactly where de fack he coming from, he's ah racist fackin bangara boy!!!

is ppl like him who does be on the internet using racist slurs like if they back in the 1700s! allyuh cyar see that the internet give these weaklings like whoremonger ah forum tuh spill they stinkin racist guts! yuh eh see the fella all the way in one of the biggest metropolis in the world but still acting like he back in the swamps of barrackpore, that goes to show, you could take the bangara out the swamp, but yuh can't take the swamp out the bangara.

BTW, yuh really want tuh know who spoil trinbago, it's not the pawn up in laventille, diego, carenarge, or caledonia, but rather the indian and syrian businessmen who fuh yrs was and still running guns and cocaine back and forth from the mainland and giving it to the poor nayger in town tuh push fuh dem.

i go call some name fuh yuh since yuhs ah lil country boy and yuh don't know shyte about trinidad,   TEDDY MICE KHAN, NAIM NAYAH, THE RAMLOGAN BROTHERS, DOLE CHADEE, NARISH FROM THE COCONUT, INDIAN MANIKOO FROM BAMBOO SETTLEMENT AND THE BIG BOSS FROM GASPARILLO
(i eh go call his name bc it would be impolite and unwise tuh do so) these are just ah few of the ppl who helped "bring downT&T" like you said, and i know bc i was in the mix, trust meh!

i was in the under world when you was running around in diapers eating yuh snot so doh try tuh make one ppl look bad while exonerating the real culprits. all the men i named above was indians from teddy to the boss in gaspariillo, and they were just "some" of the main players, and believe you me there were many more!

i got ah birds eye view, though i was ah yute and didn't have much of ah role, none the less i was there and i could name and point fingers.

the fellas who was known to the police were small fry, man like fowl, sticks, kabba, daylight, bulls, bachannal williams, polo, turkey,  chicken, and fats were all pawns in the game eating of the scraps from the big dealers table, but the big players went undetected and even in some cases protected by the cops and politicians.

so the more yuh come wid yuh racist talk, is the more i go bring proof of how it was indeed your ppl and not mines who help bring down T&T in the worst way!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:35:16 PM by just cool »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 08:44:44 PM »
Stuueeeppssss, weh allyuh so diplomatic wid he fuh, tell this racist piece ah sh!t how he mudda make him nah man! fuh yrs now i watchin this warmonger guy goin on about patrick manning and the PNM, and i know exactly where de fack he coming from, he's ah racist fackin bangara boy!!!

is ppl like him who does be on the internet using racist slurs like if they back in the 1700s! allyuh cyar see that the internet give these weaklings like whoremonger ah forum tuh spill they stinkin racist guts! yuh eh see the fella all the way in one of the biggest metropolis in the world but still acting like he back in the swamps of barrackpore, that goes to show, you could take the bangara out the swamp, but yuh can't take the swamp out the bangara.

BTW, yuh really want tuh know who spoil trinbago, it's not the pawn up in laventille, diego, carenarge, or caledonia, but rather the indian and syrian businessmen who fuh yrs was and still running guns and cocaine back and forth from the mainland and giving it to the poor nayger in town tuh push fuh dem.

i go call some name fuh yuh since yuhs ah lil country boy and yuh don't know shyte about trinidad,   TEDDY MICE KHAN, NAIM NAYAH, THE RAMLOGAN BROTHERS, DOLE CHADEE, NARISH FROM THE COCONUT, INDIAN MANIKOO FROM BAMBOO SETTLEMENT AND THE BIG BOSS FROM GASPARILLO
(i eh go call his name bc it would be impolite and unwise tuh do so) these are just ah few of the ppl who helped "bring downT&T" like you said, and i know bc i was in the mix, trust meh!

i was in the under world when you was running around in diapers eating yuh snot so doh try tuh make one ppl look bad while exonerating the real culprits. all the men i named above was indians from teddy to the boss in gaspariillo, and they were just "some" of the main players, and believe you me there were many more!

i got ah birds eye view, though i was ah yute and didn't have much of ah role, none the less i was there and i could name and point fingers.

the fellas who was known to the police were small fry, man like fowl, sticks, kabba, daylight, bulls, bachannal williams, polo, turkey,  chicken, and fats were all pawns in the game eating of the scraps from the big dealers table, but the big players went undetected and even in some cases protected by the cops and politicians.

so the more yuh come wid yuh racist talk, is the more i go bring proof of how it was indeed your ppl and not mines who help bring down T&T in the worst way!

:beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 08:47:13 PM »
Stuueeeppssss, weh allyuh so diplomatic wid he fuh, tell this racist piece ah sh!t how he mudda make him nah man!

been there done that.....but he simple isn't worth that kind of effort.........he was born ah piece of human shit and should be accordingly discarded as such and with little thought after the fact like the turd he is

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:48:52 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »

WAR

Boy haul yuh stink mudder c**t...do dat for de new year...fassy cyat hole modder cyunt

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 10:13:30 PM »
So who is "black shit" supposed to be?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »
Fellahs, leh we go out the Old year on a nice head, hah! Happy New Year. God, Jah, Allah, Krishna Blessings!!!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
So who is "black shit" supposed to be?

Me! and anyone who is afro Trini.... That stink nasty c**t...yuh eh see he mention Trinity Cross?  because I was vocal in decrying the SoE as shit and useless.  dat slimy c**t.

By de way I f**king ah sweet indian all now, ask Deeks and Tongue dem know she.

nasty cyat hole bitch named warmonga 
JES c**t , BLACK SHIT, & MR PROUD TO BE BLACK AKA TRINITY CROSS WEY ALLYUH DEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL DI ARSEHOLE WHO OPPOSED THE SOE WEY ALLYUH DEY NOW

Half ah dem who playing de arse dey own modder f**king black man

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »

Lawdie, lawdie!!!!!

Happy new year, True!!!!!

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 11:26:05 PM »

Lawdie, lawdie!!!!!

Happy new year, True!!!!!

Happy indeed...

1]; } ?>