April 24, 2024, 05:58:10 PM

Author Topic: Making Their Point  (Read 1362 times)

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Making Their Point
« on: December 30, 2011, 12:22:14 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Phillip__Thompson_launch_protest-136413813.html

These are two men who are speaking out against what they believe to be a ring of corruption involving the ministry of sport and Mr. Roberts and certain individuals. Wrong or right they are not afraid of any backlash. They have appealed to the Integrity Commission, The Transparency Institute, and the Opposition Leader to investigate their complaint.

2259 of you looked at the petition started by Tallman, requesting the immediate resignation of the executive committee of the TTFF, an organization you have been complaining about for years, yet when it came time to make your point, only 425 of us signed it, the rest of you bitches flip flopped.

2% vs 1834%.

That right there sums up why people like Panday, Manning, Warner, Camps, Watson, Roberts, the entire TTFF, and the idiotic bandits in TnT, feel the need to be repeat offenders. They know most of you will just run your f$&king mouth but when the time comes to actually put your asses on the line like the 2% mentioned above, it's not going to happen. My only crime is that I am foreign based. You clowns should be in a side show. That is a shame.

MAKING THEIR POINT: Former Trinidad and Tobago Boxing Board of Control (TTBBC) member Ricardo Phillip, right, and promoter Tansley Thompson protest outside the Ministry of Sport on Abercromby Street, Port of Spain yesterday.—Photo: Stephen Doobay
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:16:38 AM by Flex »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

truetrini

Re: Making Their Point
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:31:17 AM »
SO I signed it, but I looked at it about 100 times to read comments...Please chill, before yuh get ah davejenny award, not to mention the others who do not frequent this site that may have watched!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:32:57 AM by truetrini »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:44:48 AM »
If you signed the petition, then I am not referring to you, am I?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 04:20:11 AM »
KD, the sad truth, as in many countries, is that a large proportion of citizens are completely apathetic. They like to read and complain to their friends, but even the effort of signing a petition is too much bother. Unfortunately, this is the way it is. Sometimes it is useful to make comments like yours, but its really only venting your anger and frustration.
The only people who can really expose and bring change are the media. Once you can fill the papers with your protest it becomes real. Not just one day, but day after day. Politicians will ignore a 10,000 person petition, but put them on the front page for 3 days and they will react.

A democracy will only be as strong as the opposition political party and the press. Citizens do not make a democracy strong. They need a voice that can be heard.

If we had Liburds in the 3 main papers and Jennings at the 3 main TV stations, this would be a different country. But once you have weak editors, producers and owners, we will always be victims.

This country needs investigative television such as BBC Panorama or ITV World In Action. An Ian Alleyne style reporter who investigates political issues. Sadly, there would be very few sponsors, and no TV producer with big enough balls.

More likely is that overseas journalists such as Jennings will be the only journalists to make these documentaries.

What shocks me is that there must be a Trini journalist living overseas who could make one, or at least a Caribbean journo. It shouldn't take a white Englishman to expose this corruption, because, if nothing else, it encourages opponents to play the race card. 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:19:52 AM »
2259 of you looked at the petition started by Tallman, requesting the immediate resignation of the executive committee of the TTFF, an organization you have been complaining about for years, yet when it came time to make your point, only 425 of us signed it, the rest of you bitches flip flopped.

2% vs 1834%.

It actually worse dan dat. In addition to it being posted on de forum, I sent out approx. 5,000 e-mails, tweeted it, and posted it on Facebook pages like  Trinidad Guardian, Trinidad Express, Gayelle TV, CNC 3 Television, Soca Warriors, Trinidad & Tobago Soca Warriors etc. which have thousands of fans. Even accounting for defunct/incorrect e-mail addresses and messages that may have gone to the spam/junk folder, the response has been extremely disappointing, although not totally unexpected.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »

2% vs 1834%.

It actually worse dan dat. In addition to it being posted on de forum, I sent out approx. 5,000 e-mails, tweeted it, and posted it on Facebook pages like  Trinidad Guardian, Trinidad Express, Gayelle TV, CNC 3 Television, Soca Warriors, Trinidad & Tobago Soca Warriors etc. which have thousands of fans. Even accounting for defunct/incorrect e-mail addresses and messages that may have gone to the spam/junk folder, the response has been extremely disappointing, although not totally unexpected.

And I forwarded it to over 300 people too! I'm sure when you count in all the others forwarded by forumites, it probably was seen by over 30,000 people.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 07:40:37 AM »
Speaking for myself, I sign that thing three times and never saw my signature or comments.  >:(

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »

2% vs 1834%.

It ever dawned on you that the views don't correlate to signatures because the same people who already signed might be checking in periodically to see how it coming along?  To preserve the integrity of a petition people normally can't sign twice etc... positive the same applies here.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 07:45:34 PM »
Fellas, not getting the results you expected doesn't mean that the effort was in vain.  SWO and Warrior Nation should be the last to hang its head.  With all the community work Sancho and them doing they could easily find 1000 signatures etc.   Other clubs on the ground could easily do the same.  Do we have people on the ground that could form street teams etc.?   The online signing should be easy enough but it obviously haven't worked.  Are there any T&T pro league personalities, coaches, managers etc. that would sign it?   What about sports writers, critical columnist etc.  Any football magazines, blogs etc. What about a Publicist or PR firm to get the idea talked about on radio, TV etc.?   People in Gov't?  What you are involved in is politics.  So you need those channels to carry your message and voice.  Who is the face on this? Is it SWO or Warrior Nation?  What's our image like in T&T with people on the street?   Listen nah, sad but true people don't care about the greater good beggy beggy approach.  For most people football is entertainment.  So if you want to build a movement it has to be entertaining/hyped or you need the powers that be to endorse it.   Any influential personality or personalities endorsing us on the ground?  The things I mentioned above will help build the hype.  Then the waggonist will come.  Effort is never wasted on something that is good.   :beermug:

Just a thought take it with a grain of salt.   Don't you think that now would be the right time to offer the TTFF an opportunity to restore fan confidence in it's image and dedication to T&T football by forming a strategic relationship with SWO and Warrior Nation?   This site is a powerful resource for fans, players and others.  I'm sure the TTFF understands why the fans will call for every man JACK to resign.  That obviously isn't working but it could be seen on both sides as a sincere stepping stone for understanding, trust and clarity between the TTFF and the fans.  Not trying to make nobody mad just saying my piece.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 01:47:01 AM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>