April 26, 2024, 08:49:10 PM

Author Topic: Jones is going nowhere, insists City boss Pulis  (Read 30835 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Jones is going nowhere, insists City boss Pulis
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »

The Trinidad and Tobago international has only started two Premier League games since the arrival of £10m club-record signing Peter Crouch on August 31.

However, he remains a regular in other competitions having started 10 games in the Europa League and FA and Carling cups.

Doesnt sound like a player who simply "riding the bench"...............Squads that want to compete in the Premier league need to have strength and depth.

In 21 Premier league games, Jones made 13 appearances (7 off the bench)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »
So one of the forumites had theorized that KJ doh play the ground game as per the coach's instructions.  Now Stoke gone and pick up a tall striker who real good at playing on the ground and he startin right thru.
KJ need to stop listenin to ppl when they say he so good, next Drogba and all dat BS, and work on his ground game.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
Stoke target Campbell loan
By Soriebah Kajue (SkySports.com). 

Former non-league striker could be on the move again

The 30-year-old enjoyed a fruitful season with Blackpool last term and, despite the Seasiders being relegated, was still able to plunder 14 goals in 35 appearances.

However, since signing for QPR in the summer he has found himself marginalised at Loftus Road and has not been able to make the same dynamic impact as last term.

Campbell has scored just once this campaign and, with Mark Hughes looking to reshape the squad, the former non-league striker could be a casualty of the new manager's vision.

Spearhead

Stoke were keen on taking the striker in the summer but that deal failed to materialise.

Tony Pulis has relied on Peter Crouch and Jon Walters to spearhead his side's attack this term.

Kenwyne Jones and Cameron Jerome have been used sparingly, however, the former has been linked with moves to Wolves and Saudi Arabia side Al Hilal.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 10:11:03 AM »
Kenwyne Jones to Everton FC?
liverpooldailypost.co.uk

EFC are considering a bid for Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones according to reports.

The 27-year-old forward, thought to be valued at around £5m, has scored six in 25 appearances this season but has found himself playing second fiddle to new Britannia recruit Peter Crouch.

Jones was a target for Liverpool last January but if the rumours are to be believed, he could find himself on the other side of Stanley Park this month.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
liverpooldailypost.co.uk

EFC are considering a bid for Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones according to reports.

The 27-year-old forward, thought to be valued at around £5m, has scored six in 25 appearances this season but has found himself playing second fiddle to new Britannia recruit Peter Crouch.

Jones was a target for Liverpool last January but if the rumours are to be believed, he could find himself on the other side of Stanley Park this month.

Everton broke. Unless Pulis willing to send him for free or at a steep discount I cant see that move happening.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »
A lil cambodian brest Milk and everything go be Ok.   KJ will be starting and scoring at will   ;D :beermug:

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:46:52 PM by fatimarima »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 03:27:53 AM »
liverpooldailypost.co.uk

Everton broke. Unless Pulis willing to send him for free or at a steep discount I cant see that move happening.

This unfortunately, maybe as usual Everton will sell someone although they are short.

Would be a good move as Moyes is another very good manager. 

Read Pulis wants £12 Million for him, so is he not for sale, for sale but trying to get an unrealistic price or is someone hawking him around.  Your guess is as good as mine.  Given Stoke have trialled another forward and are rumoured to be interested in a couple of others, there seems more to this than normal tittle tattle as Kenwyne hasn't been playing much, time will tell. 

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2012, 03:59:37 AM »
Pulis was going to bring him on yesterday, but changed his mind and brought Jerome on instead.  He didn't look a happy bunny.

giggsy11

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2012, 10:01:04 AM »
 Need tuh add tools tuh tuh toolbox and not be a one trick pony.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
And you need tuh stifle yuh self!

PS: jones is ah great header of he ball, maybe the best in england, but that don't mean that there's no other aspect of his game.

if you really followed any other team than man U then you would've known that jones was top scorer @ southampton two seasons in ah row and scored most of his goals with his feet, it's just that the coaches he played for in the prem was using him as ah lightening rod.

FYI jones scored ah few wonder goals in the prem with his feet, and against two of the best keepers in the prem, ryaner and gomes.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »

PS: jones is ah great header of he ball, maybe the best in england, but that don't mean that there's no other aspect of his game.

if you really followed any other team than man U then you would've known that jones was top scorer @ southampton two seasons in ah row and scored most of his goals with his feet, it's just that the coaches he played for in the prem was using him as ah lightening rod.

FYI jones scored ah few wonder goals in the prem with his feet, and against two of the best keepers in the prem, ryaner and gomes.

And if you would take off your blinders when it comes tuh Jones you would realize that if he is not scoring with his head he is not bringing anything else tuh the table. And as far as me only following United, if you followed other footballers other than Jones you would understand/know that it is football not headball/headtennis.  He is one demensional, as you are blind in your steadfast need tuh make excuses/defend him. What are you on his payroll or something? Pulis said he bought Crouch tuh push Jones, how is that working out?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:57:02 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »

And if you would take off your blinders when it comes tuh Jones you would realize that if he is not scoring with his head he is not bringing anything else tuh the table. And as far as me only following United, if you followed other footballers other than Jones you would understand/know that it is football not headball/headtennis.  He is one demensional, as you are blind in your steadfast need tuh make excuses/defend him. What are you on his payroll or something? Pulis said he bought Crouch tuh push Jones, how is that working out?
Fella, iza big man, i doh have no time fuh the who knows what and who's ah better plaudit than who, i  don't really defend jones as much as i does set the record straight concerning the false analysis ppl make of him, TBH i believe that ppl does put to much weight on kenwyne's shoulders, same way they did with dwight and stern.

in regards to KJ's ability, meh boy, yuh really never watch KJ play football did you ? bc if you truly did, you would never have said the things you did. first off, KJ could kick accurately and precisely on target with his both feet, and has scored some great goals in the prem with both feet, and the only reason KJ scores so mush with his noggin is bc that's how his clueless coaches has decided to use him, as ah aerial threat.

same for crouch, peter crouch scores most his goals with his head, and why not, he's 6ft 7in and could jump, IMO that's using your advantage well. as for pulis saying that he bought crouch tuh push jones, fella , if you believe that, then i selling the savannah for $2.00 TTD, yuh want tuh buy it from meh?

PS: as for not bringing anything else to the game, you really need tuh fackin stop pronto!!! just go ask sunderland fans what they miss most of all about jones, and they would tell you of his defensive ability especially on corners and set pieces!

also ask daren bent who was his bess supplier when he was @ sunderland, and he will tell yuh the same way he stated in an article on sky that "KJ was the best strike partner he ever had"! yuh really need tuh stop fackin lying on the bredder, please shut it guy, bc yuh talkin out................
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:36:55 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »

Fella, iza big man, i doh have no time fuh the who knows what and who's ah better plaudit than who, i  don't really defend jones as much as i does set the record straight concerning the false analysis ppl make of him, TBH i believe that ppl does put to much weight on kenwyne's shoulders, same way they did with dwight and stern.

in regards to KJ's ability, meh boy, yuh really never watch KJ play football did you ? bc if you truly did, you would never have said the things you did. first off, KJ could kick accurately and precisely on target with his both feet, and has scored some great goals in the prem with both feet, and the only reason KJ scores so mush with his noggin is bc that's how his clueless coaches has decided to use him, as ah aerial threat.

same for crouch, peter crouch scores most his goals with his head, and why not, he's 6ft 7in and could jump, IMO that's using your advantage well. as for pulis saying that he bought crouch tuh push jones, fella , if you believe that, then i selling the savannah for $2.00 TTD, yuh want tuh buy it from meh?

PS: as for not bringing anything else to the game, you really need tuh fackin stop pronto!!! just go ask sunderland fans what they miss most of all about jones, and they would tell you of his defensive ability especially on corners and set pieces!

also ask daren bent who was his bess supplier when he was @ sunderland, and he will tell yuh the same way he stated in an article on sky that "KJ was the best strike partner he ever had"! yuh really need tuh stop fackin lying on the bredder, please shut it guy, bc yuh talkin out................

"FYI, manU has little to no aerial capabilities, yes they have very good nifty forwards with loads of skill and comfortable with the ball @ their feet, but no real targetman who's great in the air, and kenwyne could fix that problem."

Wait first yuh ballin that 'coaches just usin him tuh score goals with his head and not setting him up tuh use his other skills,' that you swear he has.  But yuh postin other places that he need tuh go to sides who don't have aerial capabilities and Jones would fix that. So why would you build your case for him tuh move to a side on his 'aerial capabilities? Wouldn't he just be repeating the same scenario yuh complaining about? You might just want tuh stop talkin out of your ........ or remember what yuh dos be postin.

My opinion of Jones is based on what I have seen, it aint personal, if I can critique Rooney who is a much better player than Jones, who the frig is Jones for me not to do the same? In my opinion his strength is heading and he has a limited skill set with the ball at his feet. You can disagree all you want makes no difference to me.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
Listen gigsy, i on the verge of becoming an arsehole to you, now that's not really my style, but i hate arguing with ppl, especially ppl who yuh have tuh spell out every thing syllable by syllable to.

now for the last three post, all you did was repeat yuh self without bringing anything substantial, which means that i also had tuh reiterate, and that's quite annoying bc we not going anywhere, which leads me to believe that it's either yuh like tuh argue , or yuh don't believing in conceding when ah better argument is presented, either way, i have no time fuh dat, bc if i wrong i will admit it and move on, that eh really no sweat for me, bc i can't know every thing, that's just where i'm @.

IMO manU or arsenal would be good for KJ, bc he would be playing for good managers and with players who knows how tuh set up ample goal scoring oportunies, and he could also be used as an aerial threat bc these teams don't have notable target men with aerial prowess, that's the reason why i mentioned those teams as opposed to where he is now and where he's been in the past where they "only" played him in the capacity of an aerial player,

roy keene did it, just hoof it to KJ and pray that he scores, spragia did it as well and pulis is the master of it, and it has weakened his game tremendously!

if you're ever to see KJ's full potential, he has to play for a manager and players of a high calibre who knows how tuh utilize ah player's every aspect, and not just in one solitary capacity, and i think that manU or arsenal is the place to be, that's the only reason i mentioned them and the fact that they could use a player like KJ who's not only speedy and can run @ defender, but he also has that special talent of beating players in the air, something both teams severely lacks.

but if you insist on ripping into the kid and comparing with big players like rooney and co. then be my guest.  good luck with that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:31:12 PM by just cool »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012, 03:27:44 AM »
Listen gigsy, i on the verge of becoming an arsehole to you, now that's not really my style, but i hate arguing with ppl, especially ppl who yuh have tuh spell out every thing syllable by syllable to.

now for the last three post, all you did was repeat yuh self without bringing anything substantial, which means that i also had tuh reiterate, and that's quite annoying bc we not going anywhere, which leads me to believe that it's either yuh like tuh argue , or yuh don't believing in conceding when ah better argument is presented, either way, i have no time fuh dat, bc if i wrong i will admit it and move on, that eh really no sweat for me, bc i can't know every thing, that's just where i'm @.

IMO manU or arsenal would be good for KJ, bc he would be playing for good managers and with players who knows how tuh set up ample goal scoring oportunies, and he could also be used as an aerial threat bc these teams don't have notable target men with aerial prowess, that's the reason why i mentioned those teams as opposed to where he is now and where he's been in the past where they "only" played him in the capacity of an aerial player,

roy keene did it, just hoof it to KJ and pray that he scores, spragia did it as well and pulis is the master of it, and it has weakened his game tremendously!

if you're ever to see KJ's full potential, he has to play for a manager and players of a high calibre who knows how tuh utilize ah player's every aspect, and not just in one solitary capacity, and i think that manU or arsenal is the place to be, that's the only reason i mentioned them and the fact that they could use a player like KJ who's not only speedy and can run @ defender, but he also has that special talent of beating players in the air, something both teams severely lacks.

but if you insist on ripping into the kid and comparing with big players like rooney and co. then be my guest.  good luck with that.

JC thats very unfair and actually wrong.

Because of the history and players could attract Keane had very little choice.  Its true he is missed in a defensive capacity, it is true he is / could be better than he has shown.  It is a fact prem teams looked but never really took the interest much further, indeed I don't think he has played aswell in his time anywhere than he did under Keane for that period.

But under Keane was when he really not noticed, got his big contract and money, just maybe that was / is his undoing.  He was deemed "unplayable" and I doubt he has had a better 6-8 months in his football life.  Since then he has lived upto that far too infrequently.  The debates I used to have on here during that time were surreal, a lot of people seen things in his game that simply weren't there and a lot of that was down to being one of your own, which is fair enough.  Yes he showed glimpses of what he had, passing a man in the channels, shooting scoring, but all too often he also should he lacked composure in front of goal.

He was bought by Stoke for what he is not what he could be, because thats the way they play, Kenwyne knew that, his agent knew that, everybody knew that.

You can't go through life blaming everyone else for things that are in your control, there is nothing wrong with Kenwyne improving aspects of his game by himself without coaches, many players have done it.  Kenwyne isn't about "potential" anymore, he should be delivering on his potential and he isn't, circumstances may have played a part, but I'm afraid the biggest part of all has been played by the lad himself.  I wouldn't mind seeing him back at Sunderland under MON and he like Keane will get the best out of him, but not for big money by any stretch.  I like him a lot but he remains one of the most frustrating players I have seen and struggle to understand.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »
Come on kev, i'm surprised that you of all ppl believe that KJ was utilized well under keane. the time that KJ spend under keane was abysmal! take that same KJ and put him in the care of any of the top four managers and he would be ah mega star.

under roy keane i saw the same tactic as tony pulis, dump the ball from the 6yard box to the final third where  kenwyne would either flick on header or head it out to the winger, rarely would the defenders bring the ball from the back to the mids who would distribute to the attacking players.

that's why KJ was known for holding up play, bc he was always the first to receive the ball from the keeper. another thing that keane did quite frequently was to play KJ as the lone striker, @ home or away, and that was ah very frustrating for a young target man who had no one to play off.

i don't believe KJ has to work on much of his game, just his touches needs tightening up, but i'm of the opinion that jones has been and still is being used in ah limited capacity and would love to see him move on from struggling teams with proficient players and manager.   JMO.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »
JC read again what I wrote, Keane had very little choice, we didn't have that team by choice, he was a rookie manager etc.

If it wasn't for Keane he simply wouldn't of had that profile, there were many managers that commented at the time they looked at him at Southampton but passed.

He played really well upto about the Liverpool game in his 1st season then went off the rest of the season looking tired / jaded, he then got injured and have albeit very rare glimpses of that form again.  Bruce came and it was fairly obvious they just didn't get on for whatever reason and he handled him (and a few others) badly. 

JC he went for relatively cheap money, if he was so good why wasn't there a big queue waiting to sign him and a bigger fee.   

He needs a fair bit of work on his game, ball control, shooting and application.  I got slaughtered on here one week for reporting what Paul Merson said on SSN about him, one week he looks like a superstar the next a pub player. 

Its chicken and egg he simply isn't going to get a chance at a big club when in reality he seemingly can't get on the pitch for Stoke, he might get a chance with a decent coach such as Moyes, JOL or even MON as his way forward.  There has also been a marked change in attitude of clubs being promoted in rather than being tight and having 1 up front to playing more on the front foot due to Hull, Blackpool, Norwich and swnasea showing its probably their best chance of survival rather than backs to the wall.   Kenwyne needs to earn the right to play in a better team and apparently a lot of teh managers / coaches of those teams don't think he has as of yet.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 08:48:50 AM »
take that same KJ and put him in the care of any of the top four managers and he would be ah mega star.

JC take win yes!!! :rotfl:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »
Pulis was going to bring him on yesterday, but changed his mind and brought Jerome on instead.  He didn't look a happy bunny.

Good! Its time KJ stick up for himself and show his displeasure because this nonsense has been going on for too long. You cant not play the man for months at a time. Pulis is an ass.
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 02:01:08 PM »

You cant not play the man for months at a time.

Seems like he can actually. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 02:05:23 PM »
So is KJ 4th in the pecking order now?  KJ yuh better do something quick.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 02:34:26 PM »
Nah, he kinda second still. How Pulis using dem is: Crouch>Kenwyne partnered with Walters>Jerome>Fuller.
Long as Crouch performing and/or healthy, KJ ain't getting a sniff.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »
take that same KJ and put him in the care of any of the top four managers and he would be ah mega star.

JC take win yes!!! :rotfl:
So IYO, who is ah big starboy footballer? rooney, vanpercie, tevez? who??!! and if they are, tell me which one of them could head ah ball like KJ, tell me which one faster than KJ, and tell me which one ah dem does get trippled teamed in every game like KJ??

now if managers askin their defenders tuh keep serious tabs on ah player and allowing others tuh roam fee, what does that tell yuh about that players ability?? well i will tell yuh what that spells fuh me, "stay close to this guy bc he could really hurt us!" and you want tuh turn around and laugh bc i say that KJ could be ah big player if he were to play for ah top manager?

that's why i hate tuh even engage trinidadians in any kind of topic, bc everything they don't understand they laugh @ like ah bunch ah fackin school girls, and always quick yuh push they face up in some foreigners arse, while doggin we own ting!

the fackin boy damn good, it's just that in the past three yrs he had ah few bad breaks, first he got injured badly, then he ran into ah pr!ck manager (bruce), then he had marital problems, the bredder had ah tough past few yrs.

you think it easy playing for ah newly promoted team? first off no big player wants to take ah chance on that, they all want to play champions league football and win some silver wear, they don't want tuh struggle with no championship calibre team, that's bc their chances of failure is supercedes their chances of success. so yuh on ah team with ah bunch ah scrubs who can't even put in ah simple cross, yuh must suffer under those circumstances.

i bet you anything, that if jones was to move to any one of the top four teams he would be ah big success story! that's bc good player does make good players, and bad players does make good players look bad.

players who allyuh rate and eh doin sh!t that allyuh rate over KJ = torres, rooney, carrol, anelka, bentner, chicharito.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:54:20 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »
Nah, he kinda second still. How Pulis using dem is: Crouch>Kenwyne partnered with Walters>Jerome>Fuller.
Long as Crouch performing and/or healthy, KJ ain't getting a sniff.
Pulis is one of the worst coaches when it comes to rotating players, it seems like he don't believe in resting players and giving others ah chance tuh shine, just look @ how top coaches does do it, man like harry, sir alex and villas boas does alternate player regularly.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »
JC yuh was goin good til de end dey.  Chicharito eh belong on da list caw he injured.  Anelka eh belong dey caw he eh playin.  Even Rooney yuh cah put in dat.  The rest could stay caw dem gettin level run ah cah do one ass fuh as great as they are either said to be or expected to become

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 03:35:46 PM »
JC yuh was goin good til de end dey.  Chicharito eh belong on da list caw he injured.  Anelka eh belong dey caw he eh playin.  Even Rooney yuh cah put in dat.  The rest could stay caw dem gettin level run ah cah do one ass fuh as great as they are either said to be or expected to become
Rooney doin bad hosre!  the man who really holding up manU in the race is wellback and nanny, yuh dun know that rooney having ah bad season when he only bag 13 prem goals thus far, normally in the past rooney done have twenty something goals in de bag, but for rooney 13 goals in the league is ah failing grade. ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 07:55:10 PM »
JC read again what I wrote, Keane had very little choice, we didn't have that team by choice, he was a rookie manager etc.

If it wasn't for Keane he simply wouldn't of had that profile, there were many managers that commented at the time they looked at him at Southampton but passed.

He played really well upto about the Liverpool game in his 1st season then went off the rest of the season looking tired / jaded, he then got injured and have albeit very rare glimpses of that form again.  Bruce came and it was fairly obvious they just didn't get on for whatever reason and he handled him (and a few others) badly. 

JC he went for relatively cheap money, if he was so good why wasn't there a big queue waiting to sign him and a bigger fee.   

He needs a fair bit of work on his game, ball control, shooting and application.  I got slaughtered on here one week for reporting what Paul Merson said on SSN about him, one week he looks like a superstar the next a pub player. 

Its chicken and egg he simply isn't going to get a chance at a big club when in reality he seemingly can't get on the pitch for Stoke, he might get a chance with a decent coach such as Moyes, JOL or even MON as his way forward.  There has also been a marked change in attitude of clubs being promoted in rather than being tight and having 1 up front to playing more on the front foot due to Hull, Blackpool, Norwich and swnasea showing its probably their best chance of survival rather than backs to the wall.   Kenwyne needs to earn the right to play in a better team and apparently a lot of teh managers / coaches of those teams don't think he has as of yet.
Kev, my beef was never about keane or the dilemma he found himself in, but rather kenwyne jones and the way he was misguided and misused by his managers past and present, roy in particular.

(1)i know keane was ah rookie manager, i've been around english football long enough to know the roy keane saga, but that doesn't exclude the fact that he's misused the kid in every which way in order to fend off relegation, and didn't help his game in the least.

sometimes he would use KJ as ah "holding" forward defending and attacking all at once, in most cases as the lone striker with no one to play off, and in more cases than none, he also had his fair share of defensive duties running back to help out a porous defense when he should be attacking, that's what keane brought to the table in regards to kenwyn.

don't get me wrong, i have nothing but the uttermost respect for roy keane,  he did what he had tuh do, and i rate him for his no nonsense approach to the game, and for giving our boys ah chance tuh shine, but lets face it, with or without keane KJ was headed for the prem that very season.

(2) do you remember that very season david nugent , chopra and KJ were top scorers in the championship, and they were all targeted by promoted teams, and darby county was seriously interested in KJ even before keane put in ah bid.

jones was on darby county's radar when billy davies was bussing his balls to sign him and put in ah 5 mil bid only to have george burley turn it down refusing to release KJ bc he was chasing promotion and jones was seriously in his plans. it's only when jones went on strike burley decided to let him leave for 6 mil and a stern john swap.

(3) in reference to things that jones need to work on, i'll have to agree with you on his touches (ball control) that has been his biggest flaw as a frontman, but surprisingly i've actually noticed that he's gotten better in that department, seems like he's been working on his ball skills bc in the WCQ it was obvious that he's technically better.

on his shooting , i'll totally have to disagree with you in that regard. i remember his first goal in the prem vs redding, and let me tell you, that ball was struck extremely well and from a very difficult angle, players who can't shoot would not have been able to pull that off and with such ease and accuracy.

last season he also pulled off another wonder goal against spurs which was definitely ah candidate for goal of the yr, that ball was hit with such poise and technique that there's no way that this kid lacks in the shooting department. i think ppl assume that bc he scores more goals with his head he has no ground game, but that side of him they rarely get to see bc of how these one dimensional coaches chooses to use him.

last but not least, in regards KJ's not being able to demand ah big pay day bc of his performance under bruce. bro i remember his last season under bruce, liverpool and harry rednapp was in for jones, rednapp even put in ah bid for 12 mill, and bruce and quin blatantly turned it down in the january transfer window, only to turn around and sell him in the summer to stoke for 8 mill.

it's obvious that those guys (spurs) already acquired the players that they needed, after all, who's gonna sit around and wait for jones when there are other players to target.

trust me kev, there will always be ah market for high jumping strong speedy relatively young players, and this transfer window proved it, moyes is interested, and so is hughs, but pulis seem to be another stubborn mule like bruce, and instead of releasing the player, he insist on holding on to ah bad situation.

a lot of these english coaches have some serious ego's, and always manage to destroy players instead of nurturing them and elevating their game, hek, even the fans are equally impatient unsympathetic and vicious.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:33:43 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>