April 18, 2024, 06:17:20 PM

Author Topic: Soccernet just mentioned this website  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soccernet just mentioned this website
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »
That is a huge accomplishment to see www.socawarriors.net being mentioned in a soccernet article:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/967803/world-cup:-trinidad-and-tobago-coach-otto-pfister-refuses-to-panic?cc=5901
-----

Otto Pfister is remaining calm ahead of his Trinidad and Tobago side's must-win qualifier against Barbados.

A surprise 2-1 defeat to Bermuda in Hamilton on Friday means the Soca Warriors are already three points behind Group B rivals Guyana in their bid to move into the next stage of qualification.

As a result, three wins from their remaining three fixtures are vital, but Pfister is not yet fearing the worst.

"Bermuda were a good team on Friday,'' the veteran German boss told www.socawarriors.net. "I never look for excuses but we had three or four key players that didn't play and we had three players that played for me for the first time.

"That was difficult for the co-ordination. We now have a home game and I think the competition is open. Bermuda also have their next game at home. This is football and we have to respect the defeat and go again.

"There is no need to press the panic button. In football you have three possibilities. Win, lose or draw. We lost, but the first two games we won and now we have to try and win again.''

Barbados are bottom of the pool and have yet to either score or register a point. Bermuda will look to force their way into the reckoning for top spot by producing another shock, this time against Guyana in Prospect.

In Group D, Canada will put their perfect record on the line against Puerto Rico in Toronto.

A 7-0 win over St Lucia on Friday means Stephen Hart's side are four points clear of St Kitts and Nevis at the top of the group, and a win will put them within touching distance of the next stage.

"It is nice to be home and to know we will have some following on Tuesday,'' Hart said of his side's return to home soil.

St Kitts and St Lucia pair off in the group's other game.

Another side with a 100% record are El Salvador. Ruben Israel's men face Group A's bottom nation the Cayman Islands in San Salvador, where a win is expected of them.

"We hope to reach a good level and perform to get the result,'' defender Victor Turcios said on www.laprensagrafica.com. "From the first day of the group we were told not to underestimate any team. They will want to give their utmost to get the result.''

Suriname host the Dominican Republic in the group's other game.

Elsewhere, Haiti will look to extend their faultless run to four wins from as many games when they face Curacao in their Group F clash in Port-au-Prince, with Antigua hosting the US Virgin Islands in the same pool.

In Group C, Panama take on Nicaragua in Panama City, and Guatemala go up against Belize in Group E.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:36:38 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soccernet just mentioned this website
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:37:22 AM »
RF yuh nah mess about wid dis football ting yuh dey pon de ball all de time,that being the case do you think TT will get out of the mess they are in at the moment.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 09:38:02 AM »
Nice one!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:56:13 AM »
So now that big people are looking at us should we try to be civil to each other even if we dont agree at everything.Let us show that we can be objective and try to be articulate,people should know that Caribbean people are second to none.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »
If you think everyone is civil over on soccernet article then you better think again!

I think our forum is pretty civil by most football forum standards and we don't need to change our behaviour too much to impress outsiders!
Once men can refrain from cussing out each other and are allowed to express their honest opinions then I think the forum is already great as it is as we are all hopefully here to discuss and learn from each other!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
RF yuh nah mess about wid dis football ting yuh dey pon de ball all de time,that being the case do you think TT will get out of the mess they are in at the moment.

Your federation needs to step up big time now that Warner is no longer around.  If you look around CONCACAF, you will see that the top 5 teams are busy playing international friendly games and preparing their teams. Coast Rica just played Brazil, and I read somewhere today that they will host Spain next month. Mexico is playing Brazil tomorrow, Honduras facing Jamaica, USA has played a ton of international games this year. look also at the quality teams Jamaica has played this year (Argentina, Colombia, Peru etc) and you will see that the various federations are busy organizing games.

I remember 10-15 years ago this same Bermuda team giving Jamaica some problems in world cup qualifying, i think Jamaica were able to overcome them 1-0 home and away, but this Bermuda has traditionally been a decent team, much the same way teams like Martinique, Guadeloupe can beat anyone on their given day.

But looking at the tables, any follower of the game in the caribbean over the years will tell you that no way a Guyana should be leading a zone that includes T&T, a team that has played in a recent world cup finals. If this is the same Guyana that lost 4-0 to JAmaica last year, then, indeed, T&T has some improvements to do to get out of the next rounds.  With quality players like Jones, John, Edwards etc, you will advance...but it will be harder to get out of the next group and passage to the Hex, not only for T&T, but for all teams involved.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:48:36 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 10:55:07 AM »
Also, I know the majority of posters on this board sees Jack Warner as the "cancer" that has eaten away the soul of T&T football, but I honesty believe the man has doesnt termendous things not only for T&T football, but caribbean football as well. I mean, how many Youth world cup finals have T&T hosted? The lagacy is there for all to see, you have  the various stadia that were build to host these tournaments. You have the Center of Excellence, which is really a CONCACAF owned facility etc

With Jack out the picture now, it remains to be seen how things progress from here.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »
Wha accomplishment yuh tellin' meh 'bout? steups...soccernet is someting? We larger dan dem...Dem supposed tuh pause before dey call we name up in dey mouth lol...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:04:58 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »
RF thanks for your response to my question and i would like to add that we should be thinking about re-building for the Caribbean Championship,the GC and 2018,who in their right mind will give us even half a chance of getting in the HEX,only the most optimistic Trinbagonian,I am one of them and I have given up.Regards.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »
RF thanks for your response to my question and i would like to add that we should be thinking about re-building for the Caribbean Championship,the GC and 2018,who in their right mind will give us even half a chance of getting in the HEX,only the most optimistic Trinbagonian,I am one of them and I have given up.Regards.

Shame on you Frico!  :shameonyou:
You don't give up until you are mathematically out of the running! Our 2006 World Cup qualification when we were the very last team to qualify for the tournament should have thought you that lesson!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 04:29:36 AM »
Wha accomplishment yuh tellin' meh 'bout? steups...soccernet is someting? We larger dan dem...Dem supposed tuh pause before dey call we name up in dey mouth lol...

Armmmmmm..............Just one question, did Pfister actually speak to www.socawarriors.net??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 05:17:21 AM »
Best post you ever made RF.

Flex, boy......
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 06:47:02 AM »
Armmmmmm..............Just one question, did Pfister actually speak to www.socawarriors.net??

No, i suspect Pfister didnt speak to Socawarriors.net directly, just that the author of teh article didnt have the time to research that, he just came here, saw the quote, and decided to give this message board credit...what you complaining about  :)

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 07:49:09 AM »

No, i suspect Pfister didnt speak to Socawarriors.net directly, just that the author of teh article didnt have the time to research that, he just came here, saw the quote, and decided to give this message board credit...what you complaining about  :)
And men does so the Trini journalists lazy lol

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 09:06:15 AM »
Best post you ever made RF.

Flex, boy......

:beermug:

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile