March 29, 2024, 09:03:21 AM

Author Topic: Anil Roberts & The Combine  (Read 7197 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Anil Roberts & The Combine
« on: January 09, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »
Heard this from a close source that when Anil Roberts was approached to help with future combines he said that he is not interested and that American colleges and leagues does take advantage of our players and treat them like slaves. He said the American is the last bastion of slavery. And American coaches both college and professional mistreat and exploit Trinidadian players.

There are interest from a few more MLS teams interested in T&T players and they want to have more combines where players will have the opportunity to get a scholarship or a pro contract.

SPORTT is also unwilling and discouraging and said, they express concern that we don't have enough players in T&T who were academically eligible to qualify for admission into the US colleges.

Seattle Sounders coach were very impress with Matthew Woo Ling and will keep an eye on Molino, Adams, Plaza and Joevin.

LP is in talks with Seattle coming back with their team for preseason in Tobago. I heard the combine was very well organized and well attended with some 90 players viewed. I believe this is the type of thing our players would benefit from.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:39:20 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anil Roberts & The Combine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
Heard this from a close source that when Anil Roberts was approached to help with future combines he said that he is not interested and that American colleges and leagues does take advantage of our players and treat them like slaves. He said the American is the last bastion of slavery. And American coaches both college and professional mistreat and exploit Trinidadian players.

They treat boys like ANIMAL!!!  ;)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
Imagine that. Anil calls the 2006 warriors "mercenaries" for asking for their money, holds money from national team players, puts them in sub-standard hotels, and keeps money from the Pro League BUT others are guilty of exploiting players? Between the ministry and the TTFF I'm not sure who are the biggest exploiters of Trinbagonian footballers. Ask Julius James, Scott Sealy, Stern, Shaka, and others who got their break outside of T&T in the U.S. if they felt exploited. Anil is a real embarrassment.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 04:59:11 PM »
To make matters worst didn't Anil Roberts went to school in the US?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:51:40 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
To make matters worst didn't Anil Roberts went to school in the US?

I heard he was arrested and had to be bail out by Lincoln Phillips.

Yeh, he went to Virginia Commonwealth University where he played fuh LP.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
If this is true den ANil is a big tun tun dan even Warmonga

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
Imagine that. Anil calls the 2006 warriors "mercenaries" for asking for their money, holds money from national team players, puts them in sub-standard hotels, and keeps money from the Pro League BUT others are guilty of exploiting players? Between the ministry and the TTFF I'm not sure who are the biggest exploiters of Trinbagonian footballers. Ask Julius James, Scott Sealy, Stern, Shaka, and others who got their break outside of T&T in the U.S. if they felt exploited. Anil is a real embarrassment.

Anil is a real ka-ka hole and BY FAR the worse Sports Minister Trinidad and Tobago EVER had!

He SOLD OUT the Warriors for Jack's $$$$ and a position/chance to run for election in the PP Government.

If dey did serve free liquor at the Combine he woulda make every one in ah government Prado!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:24:53 PM by truetrini »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 06:16:08 PM »

They treat boys like ANIMAL!!!  ;)

:rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »
Embarrassing and Shameless. Who give this man a job in Gov't?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:44 AM »
Anil is a bastard child !!!!!

I hate that f00cker more than Oliver Camps.....

One day he will fall real hard and I hpe no one pick him up.....

He feel he is unstopable, wait !!!!!!

Big head, big mouth BITCH !!!!!!!

Lucky to get that job, he uncle Jack hook him up....

Imagine a minister saying shit like this....

Uneducated fargott !!!!

DIE bitch.... I hope you die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:07:47 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 07:07:12 AM »
Embarrassing and Shameless. Who give this man a job in Gov't?

All who wanted 2 rise
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »

1) Julius James
2) Scott Sealy
3) Stern John
4) Shaka Hislop
5) Brent Sancho
6) Kelvin Jack
7) Kevin Jeffrey
8) Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick

(please add more...lets see how many we can name!)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:47:39 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
Bring back the "large flag man"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:53:47 AM »

1) Julius James
2) Scott Sealy
3) Stern John
4) Shaka Hislop
5) Brent Sancho
6) Kelvin Jack
7) Kevin Jeffrey
8) Leslie "Tiger" Fitzpatrick

(please add more...lets see how many we can name!)

David Nakhid
Richard Goddard
Colin rocke
Mark Jeremy
Garth Pollonais
Sheldon Cipriani (who played with Anil for Fatima in the 80s)
Graeme Rodriguez
Warren Steele
Anton Corneal
Richard Chinapoo
Scott Rodgriguez (again played with anil for Fatima).

I  have a few more but the names escape me.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
is it imperative to have the govt involved in this? Ah mean.. not just the current gov't but previous administrations get level licks when they decide not to fund or align with stuff like this. Why can't this be done without gov't approval/help?

Anil is a confirmed ass years now, but we have to stop the breast feeding from govt.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 10:28:40 AM »
is it imperative to have the govt involved in this? Ah mean.. not just the current gov't but previous administrations get level licks when they decide not to fund or align with stuff like this. Why can't this be done without gov't approval/help?

Anil is a confirmed ass years now, but we have to stop the breast feeding from govt.

Yes and no....

If the TTFF was better run and more organised, then I am sure they coud play a part.

You have to remember its a man on the outside of T&T fooball circle doing this for he benefit of our players in T&T, why shold he consistently use his own money.

It must be a combine effort.

Yuh know, everybody hates America and yet they die to follow them, whe yuh go Trini all them people down they is want to be. An next thing do, de place is very divided as far as race goes, they are so stupid in Trinidad its a blasted shame, Tobago should go independance, Trinidad will bring them down, people in T&T only looking for free handouts...

We culture dead and the leaders NOT doing anything to fix this.

Kamal have to be de worst PM T&T ever had and she have a bunch of crooks working for her.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:35:50 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
* squeaky girly voice* Ask Anil * squeaky girly voice*

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »

I think the govt offers a 150% tax rebate for companies that invest in sport yet the same companies that participate in sports were the same who participated before the tax incentive. There are no real new players in the football sponsorship landscape. This makes it harder to not turn to gov't for assistance. So until corporate T&T and the TTFF figure out they have to invest and spend their own money in order to seed growth in football that would benefit them in the future, the choice for program funding is rather limited.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:14:41 PM by tempo »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
I thought was ask Anil a friend of mine say is ASS Anil ,Put the hole PP party in the Guinness book or records something will surely break.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »

I think the govt offers a 150% tax rebate for companies that invest in sport yet the same companies that participate in sports were the same who participated before the tax incentive. There are no real new players in the football sponsorship landscape. This makes it harder to not turn to gov't for assistance. So until corporate T&T and the TTFF figure out they have to invest and spend their own money in order to seed growth in football that would benefit them in the future, the choice for program funding is rather limited.

First of all we have to ask ouselves, which companies can the TTFF ask for sponsorship. How many companies in TT can sponsor a team. I don't mean giving t shirts with company logo to play. I mean putting down serious money to accomodate at leat 20 players for 1 to 4 year cycle. Apart from the gov't teams, I don't see any big name company doing that. Ispat in central has been in TT for a while. We know they making money and have sponsored cricket. Have they ever done any for football. The only guy from Central who tried for a couple of years was DOC's Engineering. He own Khelewalas.

The ANSA group do their spnsorship thru Carib. They have been sponsoring sports for years. I know that have had semi  pro teams, but not a full fledge proteam. This group has a lot of companies.

http://www.ansamcal.com/eng/sectors.asp?articleid=99&zoneid=9

It is easy for us to say that x, y and z companies should be sponsoring but we don't know what are their business plans. Do they see naturing athletes as beneficial to them or not.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 05:22:09 AM »

Sport and Youth Affairs Minister, Anil Roberts enjoying the music at Tribe ICE while his companion smiles for the camera.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 07:24:52 AM »

First of all we have to ask ouselves, which companies can the TTFF ask for sponsorship. How many companies in TT can sponsor a team. I don't mean giving t shirts with company logo to play. I mean putting down serious money to accomodate at leat 20 players for 1 to 4 year cycle. Apart from the gov't teams, I don't see any big name company doing that. Ispat in central has been in TT for a while. We know they making money and have sponsored cricket. Have they ever done any for football. The only guy from Central who tried for a couple of years was DOC's Engineering. He own Khelewalas.

The ANSA group do their spnsorship thru Carib. They have been sponsoring sports for years. I know that have had semi  pro teams, but not a full fledge proteam. This group has a lot of companies.

http://www.ansamcal.com/eng/sectors.asp?articleid=99&zoneid=9

It is easy for us to say that x, y and z companies should be sponsoring but we don't know what are their business plans. Do they see naturing athletes as beneficial to them or not.

Actually, aside from the senior team, you also have to field a reserve team, plus 3 youth teams. You have to budget for at least TT$1 million, but that would be real tight. TT$1.5 million would be nearer, but $2 million if you want so called top players. A T&T international will cost you between TT$7k to $9k per month.

1]; } ?>