April 18, 2024, 09:02:09 AM

Author Topic: 20-man squad named for friendly vs Finland.  (Read 4512 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
20-man squad named for friendly vs Finland.
« on: January 10, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »
20-man squad named for friendly vs Finland.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

A 20-man squad has been called up to join National Men’s Senior team training for the upcoming friendly international against Finland’s Senior team at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on January 22nd.

The team includes several Olympic team players as well as some from the senior team which participated in the early phase of the 2014 World Cup campaign last year.

Senior Team assistant coach Hutson Charles will be partnered by Olympic team head coach Angus Eve to oversee the national outfit for this encounter. They will be part of an interim staff that has been set up for this particular match.

Among the regular senior players called up include goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, Caledonia AIA striker Devorn Jorsling, Darryl Roberts who is back from injury, Hayden Tinto, US-based defender Carlyle Mitchell, Seon Power, Clyde Leon, Kendall Jagdeosingh while Ataullah Guerra has also earned a recall.

Among the newcomers include Willis Plaza of Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh, Defence Force’s Richard Roy and Kerman Ferguson of T&TEC.

With the T&T Under 23 team preparing for the CONCACAF final round in March, the opportunity has been taken to include some of the team’s members for this encounter against the Europeans with the likes of Sean De Silva who already a senior international appearance and Joevin Jones who also made his debut under ex-coach Russell Latapy, Aquil Selby, Aubrey David, Leslie Russell and Jean-Luc Rochford  being included.

Charles said the emphasis would be on exposing some of the younger faces to international opposition at this stage.

“It’s a rebuilding process for our senior national team and what we are trying to do particularly from this match coming up is to expose some of the Olympic team players along with the other players who are likely to be around for the other World Cup campaign to follow,” Charles told TTFF Media.

“We want to blend these players together including some of the other guys who have been knocking on the door in the Pro League.

While this game is part of the rebuilding process we definitely will not take a positive result for granted but we are also asking the fans to be a bit patient even though we know there will be some disappointment around still following our exit from the 2014 campaign.

But of course the team will be prepared with future campaigns and tournaments in mind. There is the Caribbean Cup and the next Gold Cup to look ahead to already and therefore we’ll be trying to groom our players from this match into the remainder of the year,” Charles added.

The team will train on the 18th and 19th from 9am at the Ato Boldon Stadium. The match on January 22 kicks off at 5pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The T&T Olympic team will also face Finland at the Dwight Yorke Stadium three days later.

T&T squad for Finland

Goalkeepers

Marvin Phillip (T&TEC), Akini Adams (T&TEC).

Defenders

Aubrey David (T&TEC), Akeem Adams (T&TEC), Seon Power (North East Stars), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Leslie Russell (W Connection), Aquil Selby (Caledonia AIA), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps).

Midfielders

Kerlon Ferguson (T&TEC), Kendall Jagdeosingh (North East Stars), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Ataullah Guerra (Caledonia AIA), Jean Luc Rochford (1st Santa Rosa FC), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Sean De Silva (College of Charleston).

Forwards

Willis Plaza (San Juan Jabloteh), Richard Roy (Defence Force), Devorn Jorsling (Caledonia AIA), Darryl Roberts (Unknown).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:50:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 20-man squad named for friendly vs Finland.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
train well boys...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »
Daiz cutarse
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 05:54:27 PM »
Supposing, of course, TTFF not banned by then???????????????

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 06:20:29 PM »
well yes both keepers from T&TEC.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 07:41:05 PM »
Well done "engine"... yuh re-affirm the notion that unless you go to T'dad to play, you don't stand a chance at being called up... I wish U well!
Live large and prosper!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »
Leh we hope de headline after de match is not "LIGHTS OUT"
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
Well done "engine"... yuh re-affirm the notion that unless you go to T'dad to play, you don't stand a chance at being called up... I wish U well!

It have a Pro League in 'Bago deh Scrooge?  :devil:

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »
Lol well at least select players who are playing regular...SMH

How Tinto, Roberts and Akini Adams could be match fit? ???

Anyway I'll be there to support

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »
Sunday the 22nd? I think i might make the trip.............no fetes for that day on my schedule...lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
Sunday the 22nd? I think i might make the trip.............no fetes for that day on my schedule...lol

a fete still more reliable than that game breds...

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »
Where is Pfister?  Did they release him?   I hope he has been notified.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 01:16:01 AM »
Where is Pfister?  Did they release him?   I hope he has been notified.
He got a text

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 05:44:29 AM »
Doc, who de ass is  "engine"...

Yuh talking in riddles again.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 06:04:05 AM »
Doc, who de ass is  "engine"...

Yuh talking in riddles again.

Ah tink he referring tuh Kerlon Ferguson.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 06:19:55 AM »
I thought I heard in passing last night on TV6 (was busy doing some work in my room and the TV was outside) that Otto Missing in Action? Any truth in that? I think I heard Eve and somebody else taking charge? Or am I mistaken?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 11:28:12 AM »
Now I'm just confused.. I didnt even know we still scheduled football matches.
Hart for president

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »
Now I'm just confused.. I didnt even know we still scheduled football matches.

Don't joke...we're very near to that being the case!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
:timeout: Did we not bring Pfister back or is he still on leave? Anyone has any info on this?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
:timeout: Did we not bring Pfister back or is he still on leave? Anyone has any info on this?

Pfister's contract supposedly expired on December 31st.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »

TTFF making noise about changing they way they conduct business but they still carrying on with the same old ways. Not at all surprising
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 07:30:31 AM »
*phew*
I thought is me alone who still thought that Pfister was still coach.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »

TTFF making noise about changing they way they conduct business but they still carrying on with the same old ways. Not at all surprising
This is the said reason i stopped following anything T&T back in 2001, all the hoopla and the fackin nonsensical trauma for nothing ah fackin tall! if yuh firing the man just come out and make ah declaration and stop wid the muddacnt stalling, "mr pfister we want tuh thank you for your efforts and your time, but your services will no longer be required" and it dun right there! next!

all this fackin stallin and holding up the flow just tuh fire de fackin man don't make noo kinda sense period, yuh either keep the man or fire him! ayyeee.

i think i might have tuh stop wid T&T football for good yes, that's why the stadium and the pro league doh have no spectators, bc it's yrs they playing all these fackin silly games wid the football and ppl's emotions that the true football supporters just got so dogone fedup wid de bull sh!t and decided to stop supporting all together.

it's not bc the teams weren't doing well, or the boys was not getting the desired results, but it was the organizers and the administrators who's been killing football in trinbago with their aimless approach to sports in general.

just when yuh thought these ppl could go no lower, especially when they start showing signs that they had learned from their obvious mistakes and decide to move on, they turn right around and repeat them again.

since 2006 these clown can't get it together, instead they just keep going round in circles, and five yrs just wasted away, what ah stinkin shame!    :frustrated:

does my eyes deceive me?? or am i missing something here, how dunce and out of it could trinbagonians be??  :puking:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:41:31 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »
[does my eyes deceive me?? or am i missing something here, how dunce and out of it could trinbagonians be??  :puking:

Sad to say, but REAL facking dunce!

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
heard on sky sports that qpr new coach mark hugues interested in kenwyne jones
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »
heard on sky sports that qpr new coach mark hugues interested in kenwyne jones

???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »
Why are the U-23 players included in this training squad? Since the U-23 team is also scheduled to play Finland, it seems to me that we could have been looking at other non U-23 players for this senior team clash.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »
Why are the U-23 players included in this training squad? Since the U-23 team is also scheduled to play Finland, it seems to me that we could have been looking at other non U-23 players for this senior team clash.

Again Tallman, yuh not learning. Why you want to make so much sense for. Just give the same 18 players all the experience, we does do it with coaches so it applying to players too.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
Tallman- Why are you surprised that the Under 23 training with the A team. Nothing the Federation had done is doing and will do makes sense- neither book nor common sense. Then again Commom sense is not common in Trinidad & Tobago A  forward thinking technical director would have added to both pool to give new blood an opportunity to shine.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »
It is a none FIFA date so I doubt any of Finlands top players will be present. Maybe the squad that Finland are bringing is U23.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>