April 29, 2024, 08:13:39 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2011-2012  (Read 30000 times)

giggsy11

Re: NBA 2011-2012
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2012, 02:42:39 PM »
Pau should have just have stepped back and not provide a place for Blake to plant his forearm. He aint make no moves to even block shot or jump, so why be in the frame? 

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
Pau should have just have stepped back and not provide a place for Blake to plant his forearm. He aint make no moves to even block shot or jump, so why be in the frame? 
We all know that Blake is a beast and freak of nature and when he launches off like that like that either 1) get out the way or 2) foul him, not to hurt him but you'll have to foul before he takes flight.
I watched the game and he came out to abuse Pau because he knows he's soft.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2012, 05:58:51 PM »
OKC is real trouble boy.  Heat played at home and struggled mightily.
That was a good game though, real battle of d bosses.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »
Heat lookin to open a pastry shop with all them turnovers they have in the 1st quarter.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
Melo with 41 including a huge three to tie and send the game into OT, then another three to bury the Bulls with 8 seconds left.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »
Melo with 41 including a huge three to tie and send the game into OT, then another three to bury the Bulls with 8 seconds left.
Dat was an exciting game!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »
wake up call tonight for my Bulls.. I love my bulls but I have been saying this for a long time if Knicks play wid sum balls they are a ruff team to beat.. anyway My bulls will be ready for them tonight .. its on .. bulls thumping dem tonight watch and see.. Knicks  gonna need more than melo to beat Da bulls tonight .. lets go Bulls.... Miami resting it on Celtics innah embarrassing way tonight also ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
Dat was an exciting game!

Round 2 tonight... hopefully I'll make it back in in time.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2012, 07:15:32 AM »
lookin like NY meetin Rosey and the bulls in rd. 1
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2012, 09:19:08 PM »
lookin like NY meetin Rosey and the bulls in rd. 1
I want NY to claim the 7th spot to see a NY vs Mia first round :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2012, 09:20:59 PM »
All Lebron had to do was hit that first free throw steups.
If Miami doh want to play extra time why they doh make sure it dun in regulation?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2012, 06:55:17 AM »
after watchin bulls heat lastnite....chicago winnin the championship this year......rose score 2 pts but the bench step up big time and de bench have depth to give away.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »
And Miami's bench sucks bad.  No balance.
The big 2.5 can't carry thru another whole season.  And then Spoelstra will take the fall.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »
bulls lucky nuh rass yesterday... dat shot was off balance bad... the shit just went in... I go tek though...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »
after watchin bulls heat lastnite....chicago winnin the championship this year......rose score 2 pts but the bench step up big time and de bench have depth to give away.

:beermug: once it eh HEAT.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »
Mamba's Lone Strike
April 13 -- Years from now, long after his quest for a all-time greatness is over, his legacy is cemented and his face plastered alongside the NBA's Mt. Rushmore with the other greats, someone will have to explain to the next generation how this happened.

Someone will have to explain how it came to be that Kobe Bean Bryant because he is ah shithound finished his storied career among the best of the best in almost every conceivable category of note, how he piled up championships, points, All-NBA honors, All-Star nods and Olympic gold medals and all of the other prizes the legends do, but has just one Most Valuable Player award.

Some poor soul will have to flip through the pages of history (or more appropriately, click through them) and explain why 2008 was the only year that the player who could very well go down as one of the two or three greatest players in league history, was duly recognized as the king of the (regular season) hill just once.

A hoops historian will have to try and explain why a man who spent a decade-plus as a first team All-NBA pick was the captain of that team just once. How did he finish his career with more MVP trophies from The Finals (2) and three times as many All-Star Game MVP trophies (4) on his mantle than he did MVP trophies?

Bryant will watch someone else walk away with the award once again this season, likely either LeBron James or Kevin Durant. They've led the way in the KIA Race to the MVP Ladder all season and will no doubt finish this season there on most people's officials ballots.

Bryant will most likely finish a strong third, the same spot he has held down all season on our list. But that doesn't mean we're comfortable toying with his legacy in this way. He is leading the league in scoring and is fourth in minutes played in this, his 16th season. Both are unbelievable feats when you consider the amount of mileage on his body (playoff minutes included).

For all of the things Bryant has been able to control on the floor, for all of the outcomes he's been able to manipulate with a crossover dribble, a late-game dagger, a simple flick of his wrist, this is one that he'll have to grin and bear as others mark the final score.

Lucky for him and his legacy, MVP trophies alone do not decide one's place among the best of the all-time best. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar won a record six MVP trophies, Bill Russell and Michael Jordan five each, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Moses Malone three each, while Bob Pettit, Karl Malone and Tim Duncan won two each. Suns point guard Steve Nash has two, one that could have (and some would argue should have) gone to Bryant. James already has two and could add a handful more before he's done. And Durant is looking for his first of what could be several as well.

Bryant, though, will have to suffer the same MVP travesty as his one-time running mate and nemesis Shaquille O'Neal. One-and-done MVPs.

Whether they were victims of circumstance or some other forces that prevented them from being feted properly is another discussion altogether. But the results remains the same, they are one and done.

And it seems as ridiculous now as it will for generations to come!

(Since we can't rank the entire Bulls team No. 1, we'll just go with our usual rankings from this point on!)

-- SEKOU SMITH

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2012, 08:21:19 PM »
NY in 7th..........76's in 8th......with the 7 remainin games if we could finish 5-2 and magic keep losin we could b in 6th...lookin to face pacers.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:46 AM »
wey boi bulls playingl ike trinidad now heart attack basket ball!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »
Dumbest NBA player....
the guy who post this lacking some brain cells also.
Ladies & gentlemen, i bring you javale:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AgSYA3Gb7oI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AgSYA3Gb7oI</a>
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:57:13 PM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
Bad teams really find a ways to loose, I swear the Nets were on their way to pull their biggest win for the season over the Heat but Lebron just bulldozed them like a frieght train in the final 2 mins after being up by about 7or 8. Hopefully Brooklyn bring them better luck because NJ seem like a blight lol.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2012, 07:20:15 AM »
dwight howard out for the rest of season and playoffs....back surgery......ah guess no olympics either.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
Charles Barkley talked Knicks on WFAN-Radio on Thursday morning, which is to say Charles Barkley bashed the Knicks on Thursday morning.

The opinionated TNT analyst was often critical of Mike D'Antoni's defensive coaching ability, but the coach resigning has done nothing to soften Barkley's opinion of the team.

"The Knicks still stink, dude," Barkley said on the station's morning show. "They're not going anywhere [in the playoffs], they're gonna be one-and-done."

The Knicks are 33-29 after winning six of their past eight games, and are currently the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference. The Knicks are likely to stay in that position, which would mean a matchup with the Heat unless Miami can get past Chicago for the top seed.

"I don't dislike the Knicks," Barkley said. "But they just don't have a good team. I just told you, they're the No. 7 seed. You guys act like they're the No. 1 or 2 seed."

Barkley did have praise for Carmelo Anthony, calling him the "best offensive player in the NBA." The former Suns great also suggested that Knicks interim coach Mike Woodson should get the full-time gig after this season. When John Calipari's name came up, Barkley did not feel it was the right fit.

"Let me tell you something, he's never going to be drunk enough to take that Knicks job," Barkley said. "That would be career suicide. I'm a big, big John Calipari fan, but he's not gonna take that job -- 'cause that ain't a good job."

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »
Bulls like they starting to loose grip coming down to the end, Heat rough dem up last night and Chicago is a physical team.

Also I think the Knicks are capable of going 7 games with the Bulls or Heat, don't think they'll win but the series should be exciting.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »
I just hope Lakers can find a way to hold on to the 3rd spot, if we have to Memphis in the first round that will be pressure.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2012, 07:02:48 AM »
I just hope Lakers can find a way to hold on to the 3rd spot, if we have to Memphis in the first round that will be pressure.

ENTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »

ENTTTTTT

Done deal, managed to claw back real nice and beat OKC at home.  We may not be winning de title but we can still fight, if we make it as far as the west conference finals ah will be very happy
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2012, 07:27:20 PM »

ENTTTTTT

Done deal, managed to claw back real nice and beat OKC at home.  We may not be winning de title but we can still fight, if we make it as far as the west conference finals ah will be very happy

Yea big come from behind win!!! How much games yuh feel dey go give Mr. World Peace?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:48 PM »

ENTTTTTT

Yea big come from behind win!!! How much games yuh feel dey go give Mr. World Peace?

Dread, was wondering about this, I'd say 2-3 if Harding is ok, but if later diagnosis reveals some type of injury, much more.  We know there is no concussion, but the fact that Harding did not come back could spell a longer suspension for Ron, nothing peaceful about his actions today
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2012, 08:18:17 PM »
no more basketball this season fuh artest....harden did suffer a concussion

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »
no more basketball this season fuh artest....harden did suffer a concussion
Because of his record he will suffer a long ban maybe for the rest of the season .. I personally don'tthink it was a dirty play , the player was just in the wrong place and collect a bad blow to his head..
war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>