April 29, 2024, 10:21:41 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2011-2012  (Read 30009 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2011-2012
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2012, 06:40:45 AM »
no more basketball this season fuh artest....harden did suffer a concussion
Because of his record he will suffer a long ban maybe for the rest of the season .. I personally don'tthink it was a dirty play , the player was just in the wrong place and collect a bad blow to his head..
war
u jockin too much....yuh need glasses.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2012, 07:24:29 AM »
 :rotfl:

Sorry fuh Harden, Ron need another name change
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2012, 08:48:05 AM »

SMH
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2012, 02:53:33 PM »
Because of his record he will suffer a long ban maybe for the rest of the season .. I personally don'tthink it was a dirty play , the player was just in the wrong place and collect a bad blow to his head..
war

Yeah, it was so accidental that after he clock Harden Artest eh even pause to apologize or check on de man.  I give him the benefit of the doubt thru the whole Indiana thing, even two years ago when he was with Houston and square off with Kobe... but Artest is just an emotional imps.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »
Fortunately or unfortunately, I saw that part of the game. I am still trying to figure out Ron Peace Artest. I don't think he saw the guy, but he knew a body was close by and throw the elbow thinking the person would move away. But Harden could not stop his forward momentum and got the elbow. Like Bakes said, many people gave him the benefit of doubt in his previous altercations, but this one was stupid. I don't even want to mention Balotelli. Some of these guys just have a streak of dotishness running thru their viens.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »
Christie says good riddance to Brooklyn-bound Nets

Posted Apr 23 2012 7:23PM - Updated Apr 23 2012 8:13PM

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- As the Nets prepared to say goodbye to New Jersey, Gov. Chris Christie bid the Brooklyn-bound NBA team good riddance.

The typically blunt Christie said he would shed no tears over the departure of the Nets, who played their final home game of the season Monday night against the Philadelphia 76ers as they prepare to move to New York next season.

"My message to them is, goodbye," Christie said at an afternoon news conference at Newark Beth Israel Hospital where he signed a bill to promote organ and tissue donation. "You don't want to stay, we don't want you."

The Nets have played the last two of their 35 years in New Jersey in Newark at the Prudential Center Arena, the high-tech home built by the city of Newark and the NHL's New Jersey Devils in 2007.

The Nets' owners in the 1990s had sought to move the team to Newark from the Meadowlands but couldn't work out financing a new arena. They eventually sold the franchise in 2004 to real estate developer Bruce Ratner, whose plan all along was to move the team to Brooklyn, and the Nets wound up in Newark as they waited for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to be completed.

Christie scoffed at the team's decision to choose New York over New Jersey.

"That's one of the most beautiful arenas in America they have a chance to play in, it's in one of the country's most vibrant cities, and they want to leave here and go to Brooklyn?" he asked. "Good riddance, see you later. I think there'll be some other NBA team who may be looking to relocate and they might look at that arena and the fan base in the New Jersey and New York area and say, `This is an opportunity to increase our fan base and try something different."'

Nets coach Avery Johnson was more charitable when asked if he sympathized with fans who had been following the team for years.

"I do in a lot of ways because you have some fans who have really been here, supporting the Nets," he said before the game. "You had fans who were here through the 12-win season, losing twice in the finals and that's really rough. It's tough getting there, but it's tough when you lose in the finals. I have been a part of a team that lost in the finals, but they continued to come back."

Told of Christie's comments, Johnson said: "Well again, everyone has an opinion. We're moving on. Hopefully, we'll move on and be successful."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
de race for scorin title headin dong to de wire boy.....KD and de shithong called kobe tied on 27.9..........come on kevin!!!!!!!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »
de race for scorin title headin dong to de wire boy.....KD and de shithong called kobe tied on 27.9..........come on kevin!!!!!!!!!
:rotfl: I ain lying yuh doh give Kobe ah chance atall

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »

Doh study he and as for CC, why he eh hush, anybody want to play ball in de swamp land!!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »

Doh study he and as for CC, why he eh hush, anybody want to play ball in de swamp land!!
ah bet yuh 2 carib durant win it.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
Bet on, I want 2 shandy when black mamba take de title, on Sunday yuh see de fire he lite up in OKC backside -- best closer in de game today, hands down

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
Bet on, I want 2 shandy when black mamba take de title, on Sunday yuh see de fire he lite up in OKC backside -- best closer in de game today, hands down
they pull that victory out they ass....OKC win de 2 previous.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
James Harden not cleared to return yet

Updated Apr 24, 2012 3:01 PM ET

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)

Thunder reserve James Harden has not yet been cleared to play after suffering a concussion when he took an elbow to the head from the Lakers' Metta World Peace.

Coach Scott Brooks disclosed the news Tuesday morning. He would not say whether he would play Harden if doctors allow it or hold him out as a precaution.

''That's hypothetical. I don't know,'' Brooks said. ''Until I find out if that is the case, I would have to think about that.''

The Thunder are locked into the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference playoffs with two regular-season games remaining, against Sacramento on Tuesday night and Denver on Wednesday night.

Harden was hurt when World Peace, formerly known as Ron Artest, swung his left elbow and hit him on the back of the head behind his left ear during a game Sunday. Harden was able to fly back to Oklahoma City and is going through the league's new process of getting cleared to play after a concussion.

''There's steps that we have to take. We just have to continue that, the process of doing all the steps,'' Brooks said, adding that there was ''really no update.''

He said Harden ''did a few things but just not everything'' in the team's shootaround on Tuesday morning.

''He seems fine to me,'' NBA scoring leader Kevin Durant said. ''I'm happy that everything is OK with him, nothing too serious, I guess. We're just taking it a day at a time. We care more about James' health than him being on the court playing basketball for us.''

Even with nothing to gain in the West standings, Brooks said he will ''definitely'' play his normal starters this week but he may reduce their playing time slightly.

''We still want to keep working on playing good basketball, working on our good habits,'' Brooks said. ''We've done a good job all year. We're not going to stop now. No matter who plays, we still have a standard that we have to make sure it's in check.

HISTORY LESSON
 How many times has Metta World Peace/ Ron Artest been suspended? Let's count.

''I really don't know right now the minutes. Still, they have to play a good amount of minutes to get a good rhythm and a good flow of the game. I can't imagine 40 minutes. It's probably mid-30s to low 30s on the guys that average that.''

Durant ranks third in the league with 38.7 minutes per game and just moved past Kobe Bryant for the scoring lead after the Thunder's loss in Los Angeles on Sunday. Fellow All-Star Russell Westbrook is averaging 35.5 minutes.

''If I play, I don't want to play 15, 20 minutes,'' Durant said. ''Scotty, whatever he wants me to do, I'll do it. But I really don't want to play a half or something like that. I want to go out there and, if I do play, kick it in full drive and use that as an opportunity to get better.''

''Once I'm in the mode and the energy is going, I just don't like to get pulled out and sit for a while,'' he added. ''I just want to hopefully play as long as I can. But we'll see what Scotty does.''

Durant, who has won the scoring title the last two seasons, is averaging 27.906 points to Bryant's 27.862.

''I know if I was in that situation, it would be on my mind and I would want it,'' Brooks said. ''I'm selfish and I would want to be able to say I'm the scoring champion. Kevin hasn't brought it up.''

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2012, 05:00:55 PM »
barataria look like u boy kobe bow to KD in de scorin title race.

DURANT FOR MVP

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
barataria look like u boy kobe bow to KD in de scorin title race.

DURANT FOR MVP

ha ha, one more game to go, see how close dem #s is, Kobe going and put up 40+ vs de queens later in de week.  Under all de ole talk, doubt we culd beat OKC in 7, but ah takin what ah culd get!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:27 PM »
artest out for 7 seven.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:32 PM »
artest out for 7 seven.

I think that's fair considering his history

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2012, 11:20:12 AM »
artest out for 7 seven.

lakers have 1 more reg season game plus they gettin knock out in de 1st rd....so this extendin to next season......BARATARIA AND WEARY ALLYUH HEAR MEH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2012, 02:40:20 PM »
artest out for 7 seven.

lakers have 1 more reg season game plus they gettin knock out in de 1st rd....so this extendin to next season......BARATARIA AND WEARY ALLYUH HEAR MEH.

:rotfl: that would be funny if it worked out that way.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
artest out for 7 seven.

:rotfl:  yuh clown, jus means Ron coming back by de time we play San Antonio in de West Conference finals  :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Kobe needs to score at least 38 pts tonight vs the Kings to claim the scoring title, think he'll get it?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
Kobe needs to score at least 38 pts tonight vs the Kings to claim the scoring title, think he'll get it?
HELL NO. :praying:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2012, 05:39:43 PM »
HELL NO. :praying:

Done deal, yuh know he motivated as hell for accolades, type A++++ personality. Would be very surprised if he did not go for it tonight...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
artest out for 7 seven.

I'm not deaf I'm  ignorin u.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:19 PM »
bulls have no. 1 seed

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2012, 09:05:15 PM »
lakers playin nuggets...if they get pass them....is thunder in they ass.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2012, 05:03:18 AM »

would not be bad if nuggest series went 6, we need Ron for the OKC series

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2012, 07:07:17 AM »

would not be bad if nuggest series went 6, we need Ron for the OKC series
if it should come to that.....it will b de series of the playoffs.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2012, 11:29:03 AM »
The lakers will be beat the thunder.  In crunch time (final few minutes of game), the thunder is still a jumpshooting team.  In the double OT game they kept taking jumpshoots and missing, when they finally drove to the basket they ended up shooting free throws.  Common sense woud say to continue driving but no, lets take some more jump shots and miss.  The West finals will be lakers and spurs.  I hope i wrong and lakers get knockout early.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
As yuh know I and I is a lakers fan, but honestly, ah tink we need a perfect series to beat OKC, no injuries, mamba hitting 50+% every game, Bynum dominant in de paint, Ron strong at de forward and contributing, Pau having de form of his life, Sessions dishing, and strong bench support from Barnes, Blake and others.

Anyting can happen, but for us to prevail ah tink we will need de perfect series.  One series/game at a time doh, Denver 1st up

1]; } ?>