April 19, 2024, 11:40:47 PM

Author Topic: NBA 2011-2012  (Read 29706 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2011-2012
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 12:20:33 PM »
Come on, Lin can play but if yuh really thought he could do the job against the Heat, it just means the hype workin on you.
Kenny Smith said it, Lin hadn't come up against a team as good as the Heat as yet.
And it really showed.  2 points in the entire first half!

Lin was bound to perform worse against a top team not because the Heat were fresh, but because the Heat are very, very, very good.
This ain't no joke team boss!

Miami need to stop it with these 12+ -point wins.  Save some of that energy for the postseason.

I dunno why you acting like somebody deny the Heat credit.

Soccerman, Lin was the point guard at Harvard man... I saw him play against us three years ago.

Ey iz not my fault yuh boy run up against a big side.

Durant and Co. are a joy to watch yes.  Those fellas playin a young man's game. Hard runnin all game.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »
Soccerman, Lin was the point guard at Harvard man... I saw him play against us three years ago.
Okay maybe he played there as well then but I was watching Mike and Mike this morning and Doug Gottlieb stated he was a shooting guard for Harvard and tried out in the D-league as a shooting gaurd, that's why I was surprised. Gottlieb was stating that the reason his turnover rates were so high were because it wasn't his natural position. I've witnessed a lot of 2 guards bring the ball up the court so maybe he did play point as well for Harvard at times.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
Okay maybe he played there as well then but I was watching Mike and Mike this morning and Doug Gottlieb stated he was a shooting guard for Harvard and tried out in the D-league as a shooting gaurd, that's why I was surprised. Gottlieb was stating that the reason his turnover rates were so high were because it wasn't his natural position. I've witnessed a lot of 2 guards bring the ball up the court so maybe he did play point as well for Harvard at times.

Gottlieb musse smoking dat left over pot from he ND days... I read in SI just this week where Kenny Blakeney (former Duke shithong guard, and Harvard assistant) was talking about his game.  He told Lin during his sophomore year that he was an NBA player, because of his ability to keep his dribble alive in traffic, pull up on a dime at full speed, find the open player... and a fourth thing that just escapes me right now.  Dem is PG qualities, not shooting guard. Not that I arguing with you, I know you not arguing either, just dunno where Gottlieb coming from.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
Former Boston Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace's last game in the NBA ended in a Game 7 defeat to the Lakers in the 2010 Finals, before he announced his retirement.

Now the four-time All-Star is tipped to return to the court, alongside Kobe Bryant and Co. in Los Angeles.

Wallace will be hired to strengthen the Lakers bench, a source told CSNNE.com.

"His days as a starter in this league are gone," the source said. "I think he knows that, and so do the Lakers."

Wallace reportedly impressed at a summer Pro-Am tournament in North Carolina and, according to league sources, is deemed in fine shape to return to the pro game after undergoing a dedicated workout regime.

The veteran's arrival comes amid growing speculation surrounding forward Pau Gasol's future with the team.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »
Bring back West

Stop smiling capo, the linderella story is over
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:14:59 PM by 100% Barataria »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »

Here's a good article on him in the NYTimes... doesn't really say one way or another whether he played the position in college, but kinda hints at it... The Evolution of a Point Guard.

... and here's a funny vid lol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zExrVyTX_aw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zExrVyTX_aw</a>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2012, 08:32:53 PM »
DALLAS
In a stunning demotion, the NBA's reigning Sixth Man of the Year is set to play in the NBA Developmental League.

Lamar Odom, who starred last season for the Lakers, was demoted by the Dallas Mavericks to their D-League affiliate, the Texas Legends, and is expected to play at least one game for the team.

He will debut Saturday night against the Austin Toros, meaning he will miss at least two more Mavericks games.

Odom has been away from the team for the past four games to deal with a family issue.

According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Odom went home to Los Angeles because his father was ill, but it soon became apparent the health issue was not as serious as the first reports from the team indicated.

The Mavericks have explained the unprecedented move as a way for Odom to "get his legs back" before returning to the team.

The 6-foot-10 power forward, who stars on a reality show with wife Khloe Kardashian, is in the midst of his worst season as a pro, averaging 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds and shooting 35.7 percent. He has clearly looked uncomfortable with Dallas, who acquired him in a trade shortly before the season started.

The Lakers originally tried to trade him in a deal to acquire point guard Chris Paul before the NBA stepped in to reject the trade on behalf of the Hornets. Upset over the team's attempt to trade him, Odom said he did not want to return to the Lakers, and he was instead sent to Dallas.

The 32-year-old had reportedly considered sitting out the season following two offseason tragedies. In July, he was in New York to attend the funeral of his cousin when the car he was riding in hit a motorcycle, which struck and killed a 15-year-old boy who was walking nearby.

"I guess he told you guys he was actually thinking about taking the whole year off," Mavericks star Dirk Nowitzki said Friday. "So obviously it was a lot deeper than people, I guess, expected, so it is what it is.

"He's a good guy to me. He's always fun to be around in the locker room and always got jokes. He's rapping constantly, free-styling. I guess he's just working through some personal stuff."

The defending-champion Mavericks, who are 21-15 this season, play at New Orleans on Friday and host Utah on Saturday.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »
Heat with a stutter.
Who think Lebron was wrong to pass to Haslem?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »
Gimme ah chess bounce dey weary.  Wade look like he was having a baby  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:45 AM »
Derron Williams dropped 57...he was on fire all game

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 01:32:59 AM »
Damn... that's smoking, lol

Meanwhile my Knicks couldn't catch a break with the refs in Boston all game.  They finally had a chance to steal a 'W' and fumble it away... D'Antoni lost for ideas.  No way you let Paul facking Pierce shoot a three to tie the game and you leading with seconds on the clock.  That and Carmelo Anthony is the softest frigging 6'8 I ever see.  Dude crashes the board hard... love that about him.  But he too frigging in love with the jumpshot.  You blasted 6'8 and you dancing and chucking up shot from the perimeter like your name is Larry Bird... steups.

I won't blame the loss on the refs, D'Antoni or 'Melo though... too many turnovers.  Yuh not supposed tuh  win, and yuh not going to win doing shit like dat.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »

:beermug: We in 3rd spot at d moment. I cool wit dat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »
Damn... that's smoking, lol

Meanwhile my Knicks couldn't catch a break with the refs in Boston all game.  They finally had a chance to steal a 'W' and fumble it away... D'Antoni lost for ideas.  No way you let Paul facking Pierce shoot a three to tie the game and you leading with seconds on the clock.  That and Carmelo Anthony is the softest frigging 6'8 I ever see.  Dude crashes the board hard... love that about him.  But he too frigging in love with the jumpshot.  You blasted 6'8 and you dancing and chucking up shot from the perimeter like your name is Larry Bird... steups.

I won't blame the loss on the refs, D'Antoni or 'Melo though... too many turnovers.  Yuh not supposed tuh  win, and yuh not going to win doing shit like dat.

Yea Bakes you guys fought back and gave it away. With celtics having the last shot down 3, you have to be in Allen and Pierce's grill, no breathing room, make that shot as difficult as possible for them to take.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »

Metta World Peace!!!! :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »
Heat with a stutter.
Who think Lebron was wrong to pass to Haslem?

So I watched the replays of that last play and listened to the opinions of the so called "experts". To answer your question, it was the right play to make, Lebron drew traffic and executed a perfect bounce pass to Haslem to hit a 15 foot jumper on the buzzer. And that's the problem right there...you cannot depend on Haslem to make that shot, he's not made for that. This is where Lebron falls short IMO, the Heat were down in the fourth, Lebron pretty much single handedly brought them back in the game, in fact they got the lead late in the game and Harris scored a 3 point play to put the Jazz back up....then Lebron deffer again for Haslem to win the game. In those key moments, he has to learn to take those tough shots to decide the game. That's the one aspect Kobe has over him, everyone in the gym knows Kobe will take the last shot and he will take it despite of that.

He had a hot hand in the 4th quarter, hitting difficult shots and then he passed the ball off to Haslem when the game mattered most??? Just like the all-star game, hottest man on the court at that ponit in time then he tried to force a pass to Wade for a turnover when the game was on the line. If the pass to Haslem was for a dunk or lay-up then fine but not to make that jumper to seal the deal.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »
why is everyone still talking about lebron past up on the last shot against Utah .. he was double team and made a great pass to udonis ..  udonis or Whatever his name is should have been question as to how you miss a wide facking open shot frm the top of the FT line ? I dislike Lebron as a miami heat player but that was a great pass.

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
why is everyone still talking about lebron past up on the last shot against Utah .. he was double team and made a great pass to udonis ..  udonis or Whatever his name is should have been question as to how you miss a wide facking open shot frm the top of the FT line ? I dislike Lebron as a miami heat player but that was a great pass.

war
War I'm not disputing the pass, well executed but great players need to know who they're passing too. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Lebron should pass to Haslem to hit a buzzer beating jumper. The Jazz will double Lebron and leave Haslem open 10 out of 10 times in that situation. That's just me though but Lebron has the skill set to take a jumper while double teamed, he's used to that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
So I watched the replays of that last play and listened to the opinions of the so called "experts". To answer your question, it was the right play to make, Lebron drew traffic and executed a perfect bounce pass to Haslem to hit a 15 foot jumper on the buzzer. And that's the problem right there...you cannot depend on Haslem to make that shot, he's not made for that. This is where Lebron falls short IMO, the Heat were down in the fourth, Lebron pretty much single handedly brought them back in the game, in fact they got the lead late in the game and Harris scored a 3 point play to put the Jazz back up....then Lebron deffer again for Haslem to win the game. In those key moments, he has to learn to take those tough shots to decide the game. That's the one aspect Kobe has over him, everyone in the gym knows Kobe will take the last shot and he will take it despite of that.

He had a hot hand in the 4th quarter, hitting difficult shots and then he passed the ball off to Haslem when the game mattered most??? Just like the all-star game, hottest man on the court at that ponit in time then he tried to force a pass to Wade for a turnover when the game was on the line. If the pass to Haslem was for a dunk or lay-up then fine but not to make that jumper to seal the deal.

Nah, daiz Haslem's shot... he making that mid-range shot since at Florida.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2012, 07:33:29 PM »

Metta World Peace!!!! :beermug:

The basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:05 AM »

No horrors soccerman I really didint read yu post .. all I know is several of my players frm my over 35 league keep pestering me bout it so I look at the highlights and I taught it was a great pass and any player finishing a game should be able to hit that shot .. It was uncontested. Lebron only had the ball for a mere second without anyone on him . look at the replay and you will see he was double team and if he drove the lane I believe time will have expired. Lebron is a great player but I believe wade and bosh is a better finisher than lebron.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
Yea no scene at all...I like Lebron's game the man is blessed with the physical ability and talent but if he wants to be a GREAT player in the NBA he has to learn to close out games. I've seen Udonis hit the mid range jumper many times but when the game is on the line, Lebron has to get selfish and take those shots himself not dish it off to a role player to win the game. I'm sure Rose, Kobe, Durrant even Carmelo would've placed it upon themselves to put the game in their hands as the franchise players.

I follow LJ on twitter, after the game this was one of his tweets "Man I have a sick feeling in my stomach right now! Really wanted tonight's game. I just had to make one more dang play out there." I'm guessing he finally realizing himself that he has to start closing out games as the marquee player on the team.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »
Yea no scene at all...I like Lebron's game the man is blessed with the physical ability and talent but if he wants to be a GREAT player in the NBA he has to learn to close out games. I've seen Udonis hit the mid range jumper many times but when the game is on the line, Lebron has to get selfish and take those shots himself not dish it off to a role player to win the game. I'm sure Rose, Kobe, Durrant even Carmelo would've placed it upon themselves to put the game in their hands as the franchise players.

I follow LJ on twitter, after the game this was one of his tweets "Man I have a sick feeling in my stomach right now! Really wanted tonight's game. I just had to make one more dang play out there." I'm guessing he finally realizing himself that he has to start closing out games as the marquee player on the team.

I DVR'ed PTI yesterday and they were talking about the play... looking at it again, I'd say the pass to Haslem wasn't a bad choice, but the better play for me would be to drive to the bucket and at least draw contact on Jefferson and let the refs make a decision.  By saying "LeBron needs to take that shot" I keep picturing him taking a jumper, but keeping the ball in his own hands and taking it to the cup is also, him "taking the last shot".  So in that sense, I'd agree that in this particular instance, he needed to take the last shot.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
My brain says I have to stop watching the Wizards, but is like a car crash, I can't turn away. Somehow they manage to overcome a 20pt deficit and beat the Lakers. that doh compute either, but i have a great "highlight" to restore my sanity.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oyk5wdQAgR8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Oyk5wdQAgR8</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2012, 11:03:29 AM »
My brain says I have to stop watching the Wizards, but is like a car crash, I can't turn away. Somehow they manage to overcome a 20pt deficit and beat the Lakers. that doh compute either, but i have a great "highlight" to restore my sanity.

With all that (and it's a lot of bloopers from the Wizards this season) you'll still managed to beat my Lakers so I don't think you can comprehend how I'm feeling :cursing:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »
Say what yuh want about the Wizards... they have the prettiest court in the NBA.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oyk5wdQAgR8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Oyk5wdQAgR8</a>
I sure he getting not top ten  today on espn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Black Lives Matter..

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 08:34:19 PM »
Dwight Howard among five NBA trade scenarios to watch as deadline nears

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports

With the NBA lockout pushing back the trade deadline to March 15 and the playoffs beginning just six weeks later, some team executives are wondering whether it’s even worth it to make a trade this season. And several officials have called this the quietest trade deadline in years.

“I’d be surprised if we see a lot of deals,” one Western Conference executive said. “In a short season, you can survive another 30 games and start talking trade to teams during the draft lottery.”

Said an East exec: “A playoff or playoff-hopeful team might do something to get them over the hump. But even if you have a problem guy, you don’t have to wait that long for the season to be over. It’s always hard to predict.”

Dwight Howard could leave the Magic as a free agent after the season if he isn't traded.
(NBAE/Getty Images)
The Orlando Magic’s potential trade of Dwight Howard is just one of five scenarios to watch leading up to the deadline.

Howard: The Orlando center hasn’t dropped his request to be dealt, but the Magic have spent more time discussing potential trades to bring in some help than deals to send him elsewhere. Howard can become a free agent after the season, and the uncertainty surrounding his future has stalled other potential trades.

“Dwight is holding up the league trade-wise right now,” one general manager said. “Everyone has crazy ideas here and there. But teams are reluctant to make a trade until something happens there.”

[ Adrian Wojnarowski: Magic still resisting Dwight Howard trade ]

Los Angeles Lakers big men Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol: The Lakers will likely only move Bynum in a deal for Howard, sources said. The Houston Rockets still have interest in Gasol – who they nearly acquired in the offseason – but will likely have to recruit a third team that can send a point guard to the Lakers. The Rockets have shown no inclination to move their own point guard, Kyle Lowry.

The Lakers also could target the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Ramon Sessions, Utah Jazz’s Devin Harris or Portland Trail Blazers’ Raymond Felton in potential smaller deals. The Minnesota Timberwolves have shopped forward Michael Beasley to the Lakers, among other teams.

Boston Celtics’ Big Four: The Celtics won’t trade Rajon Rondo unless they receive a superstar in return. Trading Paul Pierce also appears unlikely. Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett are in the last year of their deals, which could free up salary-cap room in the summer. But Boston could also decide to deal either for a draft pick or quality young player.

Phoenix Suns guard Steve Nash: Nash will only be moved by the deadline if he asks to be traded, a source said. The All-Star, however, doesn’t appear interested in making that request. Nash is in the last year of his contract and could walk at the end of the season.

Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis: The Warriors’ preference is to include Ellis in a package for Howard. Ellis also has become more expendable because of the development of rookie Klay Thompson.

Other players to watch: Beasley; Felton; Sessions; Harris; Warriors center Andris Biedrins; Blazers guard Jamal Crawford; Charlotte Bobcats forward Boris Diaw; New Orleans Hornets center Chris Kaman; Rockets guard Courtney Lee; Dallas Mavericks forward Shawn Marion; Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon; Milwaukee Bucks forward Stephen Jackson; Sacramento Kings forward J.J. Hickson; Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2012, 05:47:46 PM »
LOS ANGELES (AP)
Kobe Bryant scored 10 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter and hit a go-ahead jumper with 41.7 seconds to play, leading the Los Angeles Lakers to a 97-94 victory over the Boston Celtics on Sunday.
Andrew Bynum had 20 points and 14 rebounds for the Lakers, who rallied from a five-point deficit in the final 2 1/2 minutes. The All-Star center hit a short hook shot over Kevin Garnett with 15.5 seconds left, and Boston couldn't get a good look at a tying 3-pointer.

The Lakers scored the final eight points in their 18th victory in 19 home games, stylishly finishing their third straight victory over Boston.

Rajon Rondo had 24 points and 10 assists for the Celtics, who opened an eight-game road trip by blowing a late lead. On Boston's final possession, Ray Allen failed to get free for a 3-pointer before Rondo badly missed a tying attempt.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »
I doh know what wrong wit Wade and Lebron nah.  Real gallery for the last play, Lebron call Wade over to get the ball, then Wade tellin his teammates to clear the way. I say he goin and smoke the defender and finish from close in, this clown look to take a jumper from just inside the 3-point line with a man right up in his face.  Luckily he was able to play the foul which I think he would have gotten if he didn't score. 
That could have so easily missed and it woulda been more overtime, plus endless talk from all the Lebron and Heat haters.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »
Oh boy, Miami just choked big-time.  Orlando gave us so many chances with all the missed free throws in overtime, but Miami just could not score.  Lebron missed two late three point attempts.

1]; } ?>