April 25, 2024, 05:53:57 PM

Author Topic: TTFF could name national coach today  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF could name national coach today
« on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:40 AM »
TTFF could name national coach today
T&T Express

Trinidad and Tobago could know today who will replace German Otto Pfister as national coach.

Late yesterday the T&T Football Federation (TTFF), under acting president Lennox Watson, had their executive meeting, at which decisions concerning the fate of the team were expected to be taken.

Fans have awaited word on who will head T&T's technical team after Pfister's contract ran out late last year.

Trinidad and Tobago suffered a disastrous 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign, dumped out of the competition after away losses to Bermuda and Guyana, following which Pfister was sent on leave in November.

T&T's footballers have not been in action since, but they are due to face Finland in a friendly on January 22.

The TTFF has announced a 20-man squad to prepare for that contest, but have just nine days to put together a technical team and training sessions before the match.

Given that the match is so close, it is likely that a local coach will take control of the team for the fixture in an interim period, before a long-term technical staff is put in place.

The likely names that could fill the period on short notice are Anton Corneal and Hutson Charles, who both served as assistant national coaches under Pfister.

Under-23 coach Angus Eve is also another option, although he is also currently preparing the T&T Olympic team for their own friendly against Finland.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF could name national coach today
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:41:40 AM »
Wait...are they really serious? If they appoint a new coach, they will enter into a contract. Once the players move in the bayliffs, FIFA sanctioned football will be suspended, which means no International friendlies. Apparently, the TTFF have no money, so the Govt will need to pay the coaches salary. Why would they use taxpayers money to pay a coach who can't play any games?

Surely, this meeting should have been to discuss how they will deal with the impending disaster? Of course, if stopped behaving like ostriches and dragged their head from the sand, they would have attended court and taken things seriously.

I also notice that no mention was made of the letter they had to send to Warner yesterday to ask for their money back!

They deserve no sympathy for the fate they are about to receive. 

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:19:24 AM »
All of this is PR nonsense...business as usual at Dundonald Street...the Soca Warriors can't levy on nothing...the TTFF owns NOTHING...no new coach will be appointed today...the TTFF is a stagnant pool that the cabal is attempting to stir from the bottom but only muck will surface...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:39 AM »
Wait...are they really serious? If they appoint a new coach, they will enter into a contract. Once the players move in the bayliffs, FIFA sanctioned football will be suspended, which means no International friendlies. Apparently, the TTFF have no money, so the Govt will need to pay the coaches salary. Why would they use taxpayers money to pay a coach who can't play any games?

Surely, this meeting should have been to discuss how they will deal with the impending disaster? Of course, if stopped behaving like ostriches and dragged their head from the sand, they would have attended court and taken things seriously.

I also notice that no mention was made of the letter they had to send to Warner yesterday to ask for their money back!

Where are you getting this from?

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 07:40:56 AM »

FIFA will not intervene so long as the federation continues to operate; bailiff or not. The TTFF has no assets so there is nothing to collect. If the judge has the power AND is inclined to issue a bankruptcy order, that could take quite a long time. In the meantime, the senior team is not involved in any major competition so there is no incentive for FIFA or CONCACAF for that matter to get involved in what is essentially an internal player matter. While the case may seem special to us, federations are frequently embroiled in disputes with their players. This one just happened to reach ridiculous levels because it involved Warner.

The only two surefire ways FIFA will get involved is if the TTFF cannot operate (a la the CFU) or if the government get so involved with its operation that it warrants third party interference (very possible knowing the Minister's special talent for self indulgence).

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
Look at this, without Jack Warner everyone confuse and can't find their way.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
Battyhole, without jack warner our football would've been further ahead, them same men who headless without jack crook warner is ah product of jack himself, those were is lackeys. if yuh had any sense at all you would know fuh sure that jack warner killed football in trinidad and tobago!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
Battyhole, without jack warner our football would've been further ahead, them same men who headless without jack crook warner is ah product of jack himself, those were is lackeys. if yuh had any sense at all you would know fuh sure that jack warner killed football in trinidad and tobago!

Jack may have killed football in T&T but those crumbs he threw out to his lackeys seemed to have guaranteed their undying loyalty!!
Jack made the right move going into politics, he is a master of enslavement!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 11:20:40 AM »
Anton Corneal- Here I come and No dog bark,

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »
Hopefully I'm wrong but.....

i sense a last minute cancellation and a game against the PFL best 11 ............. :-\

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »
Please just let Fenwick take over in the interim.
Hart for president

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
Apparently Anton Corneal is now the Technical Director.  According to TV 6 news

WDMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :bs:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:26:51 PM by STEUPS!! »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »
...It's as I said above...it's only TTFF games...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
Apparently Anton Corneal is now the Technical Director.  According to TV 6 news

WDMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :bs:

Girl, I see Villafana introduce the report and den say Anton Corneal on de line....I switch de channel one time!!!.....I refuse to listen to he and be insulted further......
Ah mean Watson and dem operating normel, normel....like we didn't just crash and burn on the road to 2014 but rather like we done win the World Cup already!!!...

:cursing: :cursing: :bs: :frustrated: :banginghead: :banginghead: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »
Corneal appointed TTFF Technical Director

Anton Corneal has been appointed as the Technical Director of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation. This was among some of the decisions taken at a meeting of the Executive Committee of the TTFF at its headquarters on Thursday. According to TTFF Acting President Lennox Watson, Corneal’s selection to chart the way forward for T&T’s football from a technical standpoint was a fitting one considering his vast background as a player, coach and coaching instructor. Watson revealed that the centre of the TTFF’s focus for the upcoming 2012 calendar will be its development programme which will see emphasis placed on the men’s national Under-23, Under-20 and Under-17 teams as well as the women’s Under-20 and Under-17 teams. An interim technical staff has been appointed to oversee some of the senior team’s international friendlies with Hutson Charles and Angus Eve as the two coaches. Their first fixture is on January 22 vs Finland’s senior team at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 5 pm.

Watson also said Otto Pfister’s contract as head coach of the Senior team will not be renewed. Pfister’s final match in charge of the  “Soca Warriors” was a 2-0 win over Guyana last November. A TTFF technical committee was also approved and it includes Richard Quanchan as chairman, Rodill Clarke (Deputy chairman), Roland Forde, Marlon Morris, Wayne Riley, Jinelle James and Corneal. “I feel satisfied that we have kick-started proceedings towards implementing some of the measures that will enhance the development of our football, more specifically our national youth teams that will supplement our Senior National teams,” Watson said yesterday. Corneal meantime, in an immediate response to his appointment said he was truly honoured to be presented with the opportunity to serve in the capacity of technical director. “I feel honoured to help with the development of football in Trinidad and Tobago. I have been the assistant Technical Director for several years with Mr Lincoln Phillips in which a development programme was implemented,” Corneal told said. “But due to of lack a funding many areas of the programme could not be realised. I believe our coaching education programme will be a key area to developing coaches at all levels of the game. “A conscious effort must be made to synchronise our club football, colleges league and the Pro league with an emphasis on proper development. Coaching schools, community teams, primary schools and zonal teams will help form the foundation of our football. These programmes are only possible with the support of the Government and the business community, I know with planning, implementation and patience we will see a better product in our National teams,” Corneal added.

Corneal qualified the T&T Under-17 team to the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in 2007 and was assistant coach with the T&T Senior team at the 2006 World Cup Finals and Under-20 team at the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup. He is also a FIFA Grassroots instructor. Corneal was an understudy to Leo Beenhakker at the 2006 World Cup. Head of the TTFF’s marketing agency All Sport Promotions Anthony Harford stated also that another statement in relation to court-related matters involving the TTFF will be issued in the near future.

guardian

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:09 PM »
Is someone throwing crap in our faces? What has this man done on his own to achieve this position! He has been hiding behind foreign coaches for too long and pretending to be acquiring knowledge for which no one has seen any concrete results!
He has failed on so many occasions with teams at different levels! How come he is still there? Like jack is he fadda?
Latapy was removed after failing to qualify for the gold cup! Corneal gets promoted for failing to qualify or the World Cup! Something stinks to high heavens!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 11:20:10 PM »
Different day,same  :bs:  I was hoping to hear Fenwick name being mentioned for the position

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 11:27:51 PM »
Why we have so many haters boy? Man doh want to recognize dat Anton is de most qualified local. He have de experience as player and a coach plus he was the Assistant TD when LP was dey.  De man have all de badges and he is a qualified FIFA Instructor.  Let there be no doubt dat de man resume cork.  De boy have real ranks.  He got his badges on his own not because of who he fadda is.  Some of de same back biters doh even bother to question de appointments of former players to coach de national team like Latas and now dey given Angus Eve and Hutson Charles a bligh. Wha is dem men qualifications fuh coaching a high level club team far less a National Team? Player reputation and pep talk does only go so far yuh know. Unless SH name come up for TD, doh grouse bout Corneal Appointment.  He win by default. Let de man earn he stripes.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 04:49:18 AM »
Why we have so many haters boy? Man doh want to recognize dat Anton is de most qualified local. He have de experience as player and a coach plus he was the Assistant TD when LP was dey.  De man have all de badges and he is a qualified FIFA Instructor.  Let there be no doubt dat de man resume cork.  De boy have real ranks.  He got his badges on his own not because of who he fadda is.  Some of de same back biters doh even bother to question de appointments of former players to coach de national team like Latas and now dey given Angus Eve and Hutson Charles a bligh. Wha is dem men qualifications fuh coaching a high level club team far less a National Team? Player reputation and pep talk does only go so far yuh know. Unless SH name come up for TD, doh grouse bout Corneal Appointment.  He win by default. Let de man earn he stripes.
Breds, doh mind dem fellas! i would rather see corneal coach we team before latas and even yorke. @ least corneal knows good players, while latapy and yorke was in charge of the hex after pancho and pick one set ah goat and leave good players on the side lines with their frenism business.

i was all for ah foreign coach and TD, bc IMO our local coaches eh ready yet, and we need qualified capable hands to guide and strengthen and raise our level of play, but since the ppl who running football cyar see that and want tuh go all local tuh save ah buck, then we have tuh get the most qualified ppl in charge and not the most reputable.

so yeh i would have to say corneal for the job since lennox watson said in my presence that he fenwick would never ever coach T&T as long as he is a high rankin official in the TTFF.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 07:12:50 AM »
 :frustrated:

Hey fellas!! I switching off the football where the senior men's team is concerned until those guys in our federation stop taking we for stupidees!!

For now you will only catch me on here (Football Forum) to support our women's or the Olympic team!

Catch me accross in T&F, General, Jokes or Culture and Entertainment if you want to vibes with me as I tired of pulling my hair out over the running of our men's senior team!!
No wonder we get booted out of World Cup qualifying by Guyana!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »
:frustrated:

Hey fellas!! I switching off the football where the senior men's team is concerned until those guys in our federation stop taking we for stupidees!!

For now you will only catch me on here (Football Forum) to support our women's or the Olympic team!

Catch me accross in T&F, General, Jokes or Culture and Entertainment if you want to vibes with me as I tired of pulling my hair out over the running of our men's senior team!!
No wonder we get booted out of World Cup qualifying by Guyana!!
Tschuss! don't let the door hit yuh where the Good lord split yuh. T&T football is not for the faint hearted. :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:32:45 AM by just cool »

1]; } ?>