April 24, 2024, 06:34:10 PM

Author Topic: Journals of a Trini footballer in India.  (Read 5349 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Journals of a Trini footballer in India.
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »
making the Hex and not qualifying is a failed world cup campaign.

he my book at least.

maybe other people just happy to make the hex.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
Goodluck Densil....keep working hard on the field and try to take away as much as you can from the experience.

Like we may need to learn a thing or two from the Indian pro league, 5-10,000 in the stands...

That's good that they get that many people but....
5000-10,000 people in India sounds like a lot but that is like 50-100 people in a country over 1 BILLION

You missing the main point that crowds of 5-10 thousand per game can support a league whereas 50-100 cannot. The fact that the country's population is very large isn't that relevant here

Yuh really think that a country's population being very large isn't relevant here ???

A country that's 1000 times more populated than T&T doesn't matter that they get crowds 100 times bigger?

For every 6 people on Earth better than 1 live in India -

Sorry but you're not being logical, it is relevant.

You are right. What I really meant was that your point - a country that's 1000 times more populated than T&T doesn't matter that they get crowds 100 times bigger - is irrelevant. 

What's relevant is that they have a profitable league and Trinidad doesn't. The population could have been a million times larger than Trinidad's, but if they pulling big enough crowds (10K+), that's all that matters. The fact that football has only penetrated a small portion of the Indian market is actually a positive rather than a negative as you alluded to - which is why Nike willingly sposnors a "lesser" football league. In the end people care about the bottom line. The Indian population and market support a professional football league, even if it is a second or thrid tier sport over there.

You are arguing about the relative popularity of football in Trinidad vs India. Investors, Nike included really only care about the absolutes.
Exactly :beermug: And I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I was trying to elude to the point that the Admin of the Pro League need to find ways in which they can penetrate the market to get people in the stands and boost attendance. It may not be a bad idea to reach out to India (despite the population) to find out what steps did they take to get to this point and hopefully we can take away something from them to help better our league and attract sponsors.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »
making the Hex and not qualifying is a failed world cup campaign.

he my book at least.

maybe other people just happy to make the hex.

I would be happier makin it to the hex than that shit we had to deal with last year.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 10:31:39 AM »
from what i see on wikipedia, dempo is do well in the i-league. maybe bleeder could get an AFC champions league run with them?

1]; } ?>