March 28, 2024, 01:34:55 PM

Author Topic: T&T Olympic Team Manager FIRED???  (Read 4793 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Olympic Team Manager FIRED???
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »
Fellow Forumites I think we can all agree that the current U-23/Olympic team has been the one shining light for our football in 2011 as evidenced by the fact that they are currently our only team preparing for any major tournament this year...they are also our next best hope for a 2nd senior World Cup appearance, as the nucleus of this team has played in both U-17 and U-20 World Cups, and should graduate to being our team for the "Road to Russia" campaign... one thing this group has displayed is a spirit of togetherness and tenacity sadly lacking in their senior counterparts... and one constant has been the presence of Team Manager Norris Ferguson... I have been told by a very reliable source that Mr Ferguson is soon to be replaced (read FIRED) even tho no reason for this has been forthcoming from the folks at the TTFF... but guess what? Norris Ferguson threw his support behind Keith Look Loy in the latter's recent (unsuccessfull) attempt to unseat current (Acting) TTFF President as then East Zone President, one, Lennox Watson! I myself found it strange that while the Coaches were named for the Senior and Olympic teams, followed quickly by the announcement of a "new" Technical Director, NO mention was made of Team Managers... so I (Foolishly as it turns out) assumed that the Manager who did his part in helping T&T get thru it's first two rounds of Olympic qualifiers, would have retained his position... and until someone in the TTFF can say WHY Mr Ferguson has been unceremoniously removed (word is that he has received NO corresspondence from his employers indicating that he has been replaced tho someone else is already lined up to take the reins when the team plays Finland in Tobago next week) I will look at this as yet another example of the vindinctive, nasty style of the characters running our football into the ground!!! So much for Mr Watson and his "NEW DAWN FOR T&T FOOTBALL"... yeah right!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Olympic Team Manager FIRED???
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »
 :frustrated:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 10:53:26 PM »
Let JC and them other naive men on here take chain up with this new TTFF regime old talk about Watson and his men now being willing to make the positive changes necessary to turn our football around!

As sure as they destroyed the prospects of our senior team making the Hex they seemed destined to do the same with our Olympic team regards qualifying for the Olympics!! Let’s hope my gut feeling is wrong!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:02:06 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:48:34 AM »
I hate Watson !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 06:32:38 AM »
Please tell me this is not true ?

Mr Norris Ferguson deserve to be there.

Mr Watson please rethink your decision, we live in a democratic world not a bloody communist country.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 07:16:10 AM »
Please tell me this is not true ?

Mr Norris Ferguson deserve to be there.

Mr Watson please rethink your decision, we live in a democratic world not a bloody communist country.

James,Jack,Watson? over 50 years of communist rule.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »
Was talking to Mr Ferguson tonite. The letter he received from TTFF thanked him for his years of service. But, it read, like all successful businesses, TTFF must re evaluate periodically. (I can't remember the exact wording, but it definately said "like all successful businesses!)

No reason was given for his dismissal, but I think everyone and their dog knows why. Real shame, because Ferguson is a real gent.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 04:26:14 AM »
TTFF axe Olympic team managers
By JOEL BAILEY Friday, January 20 2012
T&T Newsday.

NORRIS FERGUSON and Frank Rodriguez have been relieved from their respective roles as manager and assistant manager of the Trinidad and Tobago Under-23 football team, who are currently preparing for the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifiers in the United States in March.

William Wallace, the second vice-president of the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) and former president of the Secondary Schools Cricket League (SSCL), has been named as the Under-23 team manager.

There were rumours among the local football circuit that Ferguson and Rodriguez were sacked at a Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) Executive Committee meeting last Thursday at the TTFF office on Dundonald Street, Port-of-Spain.

And Ferguson confirmed on Wednesday that he was axed from his role as manager of the Angus Eve-coached TT team.

In a telephone interview, Ferguson stated, “I was called to the (TTFF) office and was told that my services were terminated.”

Both Ferguson and Rodriguez, who have been long-serving match commissioners for both the Digicel Pro League and Blink bmobile National Super League and have been on the Under-23 team’s technical staff for the past couple of years.

Rodriguez is expected to take up a new football-related job soon but Ferguson admitted that, while he will be weighing up his options, he would not be taking his dismissal likely.

“To me, I have to respond to the letter,” he said.

In Ferguson’s letter of dismissal, Richard Groden, TTFF General Secretary, said his organisation is in the process of restructuring and based on Ferguson’s past performances he will be “considered for reinstatement or relocation as is necessary”.

In a letter dated January 13, Groden thanked Ferguson for his contribution and expressed regret about the termination of his appointment.

“I hereby wish to place on record our profound gratitude for and warmest appreciation of your past efforts. However, the Federation, like any other successful business entity needs to be constantly evaluating its own progress ...so that it remains competitive in a rapidly changing environment,” Groden said.

The TTFF General Secretary also requested Ferguson’s assistance “in facilitating the smooth transition of managerial duties” to the new manager and asked him “in the spirit of goodwill” to provide Wallace “with your fullest cooperation as we seek to establish a strong national effort for the success of our national Under-23 team”.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:47:46 AM »
TTFF axe Olympic team managers
By JOEL BAILEY Friday, January 20 2012
T&T Newsday.

:o :o
uuuuuuuuummmm before I go on.....Flex, you got permission??  Or we back in in Mr. Bailey's good books again??  You know how much we just can't do without him..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 05:22:24 AM »
uuuuuuuuummmm before I go on.....Flex, you got permission??  Or we back in in Mr. Bailey's good books again??  You know how much we just can't do without him..... 

Ah was hoping de blacklist was over ? if not he might contact me and then I will have to remove it....    ;D

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 05:33:48 AM »
uuuuuuuuummmm before I go on.....Flex, you got permission??  Or we back in in Mr. Bailey's good books again??  You know how much we just can't do without him..... 

Ah was hoping de blacklist was over ? if not he might contact me and then I will have to remove it....    ;D

If he contact yuh do him de favor of pointing out that he phone connection mighta been bad... what ferguson really say is that he not taking the dismissal "lightly" not "likely."  ::)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 05:55:35 AM »
Sacked U-23 manager claims victimisation
Written by  Lasana Liburd (wired868).

.. New TTFF accused of old habits

Sacked national under-23 football team manager Norris Ferguson accused the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and, in particular, its Interim President Lennox Watson of victimisation after Ferguson and equipment manager Frank Rodriguez were removed from the technical staff on Wednesday.

Rodriguez was part of a slate, headed by FC Santa Rosa President Keith Look Loy, which tried to oust Watson as Eastern Football Association (EFA) president last year after alleging a lack of transparency and democracy in zonal business. Ferguson is the Santa Rosa media and public relations officer.

Look Loy's movement failed while Watson was promoted to TTFF president after Oliver Camps resigned on October 27 2011. FIFA was investigating Camps at the time for his role in the Mohamed Bin Hammam bribery scandal but discontinued the case after the Trinidadian's abrupt exit.

"I feel it is victimization," Ferguson told Wired868. "It is because of my support for Keith because they have never written or told me anything in terms of performance...

"My removal is an indication that there is bad blood between the president and myself."

The TTFF announced several changes to its technical staff over the past week including the promotion of assistant coach Anton Corneal to the post of technical director but was silent on Ferguson and Rodriguez. Press officer Shaun Fuentes confirmed Ferguson's departure but said that the TTFF saw no need for a statement.

"We didn't think it was necessary," said Fuentes. "Once the appointment (of new manager William Wallace) is finalized, we will make an announcement."

William Wallace had discussed his new post with TV6 prior to Fuentes' assertion last night. However, the press officer declined further comment.

A TTFF source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, suggested Ferguson and Rodriguez were not up to the job and that Ferguson, in particular, was removed for poor performance.

There seemed to be no complaints from national under-23 coach Angus Eve, though. Eve felt it inappropriate to comment on the TTFF decision but declared that he was saddened by his manager's departure.

"I feel for Norris," said Eve. "I grew an attachment for the guy professionally and as a person and I'm sorry to see him go."

Last November, Eve and Ferguson steered the Olympic hopefuls through a Caribbean group that included Cuba, Suriname and hosts St Kitts/ Nevis. They play Mexico, Panama and Honduras this March in California but with an altered backroom staff.

Ferguson's dismissal was a drawn out and, arguably, distasteful affair.

The national under-23 men's and under-17 women's squads were treated to a reception hosted by All Sports Promotions on December 28 for their relative successes. The technical staff, according to Ferguson, expected bonuses that were allegedly agreed to before the tour but went home empty handed.

Things got worse for the team manager when, after the TTFF executive committee meeting on January 12, a source called to warn Ferguson that he would be fired. There were more hints of changes afoot from Watson at the Elite coaching symposium on Sunday but, on Tuesday, Ferguson had still heard nothing officially and so reported to a national training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain along with Rodriguez.

On Wednesday, a TTFF secretary told Ferguson that there was a letter for him. And so, without a meeting or even a phone call from his employers, he was relieved of his duties.

The letter, which was signed by TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden, expressed "profound gratitude" and "warmest appreciation" for his services. His dismissal was explained as follows:

"The Federation, like any other successful business entity, needs to be constantly evaluating its own progress as well as that of its rivals so that it can remain competitive in a rapidly changing environment.

"You will appreciate the fact that as a consequence the Federation has to keep its options open. It is in that context... that the Federation has decided with regret to terminate your appointment..."

The letter went on to ask Ferguson "in the spirit of goodwill" to give Wallace his full cooperation so as to ensure a smooth transition.

Ferguson, a two-time Pro League Manager of the Year with W. Connection, is unimpressed with the TTFF's behavior, though, and dismissed any suggestion that he was not a credit to the post.

"They just trying to justify their foolishness," he said. "No one ever addressed me with that so what does that say about their management? And the letter did not say anything about that at all.

"Frank and I got licked up because we supported Keith. That is the truth of the matter."

Tasteless TTFF dismissals

3. Rene Simoes:

Simoes spent six months in limbo and unpaid before the TTFF got around to putting him out of his misery in 2002.

2. Bertille St Clair:

St Clair was on the way to a TTFF meeting in 2005 when he switched on his radio and heard an announcement that he had been fired.

1. Stuart Charles-Fevrier:

Fevrier figured out that he better start looking for a job when the TTFF appointed Bertille St Clair as its head coach in 2004 without bothering to dismiss the St Lucian first.
Editor's Note: Wired868.com is the next generation in online news and, in collaboration with the Soca Warriors Online, intends to broaden the mind of Trinidad and Tobago's online market--at home and abroad. Enjoy!

Norris Ferguson
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:57:12 AM by Flex »

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 06:05:46 AM »
...Trinidad people only talk. Nothing will be done about this. Ferguson is just more "collateral damage" of the ongoing TTFF disaster. And btw, while people stood up to protect Eve's job after the St. Kitt's round of Olympic qualifying (when the Under 23s lost to the host), here he is now talking about "feeling" for Ferguson. case in point. Talk, talk, woof, woof, blah, blah...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 06:22:45 AM »
A TTFF source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, suggested Ferguson and Rodriguez were not up to the job and that Ferguson, in particular, was removed for poor performance.

If dat is de case, den de TTFF Executive need to follow suit.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 06:24:28 AM »
President, de TTFF bought Angus Eve head and now it get bigger as he is interim senior coach he head swell more, do you think he will stick up for Norris Ferguson ? he concern about his job alone.

T&T people dont have heart and guts, we got the house slaves, we was the last stop when the ship came from Africa, so we get de dredges.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »
...But don't worry. Carnaval coming...bacchanal...bacchanal...bacchanal...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 06:58:59 AM »
Lasana how yuh let dat William Wallace reference pass like dat... de way he slide in Ferguson job like dat dey should call him "Knaveheart."  Sad to say but I dunno what, if anything Ferguson can do about the situation, most he could do is let the public know what going on, thanks to Wired868.com and people who serious about journalism like Lasana.  As fuh Fuentes with de "we" talk...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:56 AM »
"The Federation, like any other successful business entity, needs to be constantly evaluating its own progress as well as that of its rivals so that it can remain competitive in a rapidly changing environment."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Stop...it hurts.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank God they kept Groden after their evaluating so TTFF can remain a successful business entity in this rapidly changing environment. Didn't he just bring shame upon them by being banned by FIFA?

I heard thru a TTFF source that Ferguson was allegedly not good at his job and travelled to St Kitts without the National Flag or the National anthem cd. Yet he was ProLeague manager of the year twice.

I smell  :bs:

truetrini

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »

If he contact yuh do him de favor of pointing out that he phone connection mighta been bad... what ferguson really say is that he not taking the dismissal "lightly" not "likely."  ::)

I was just about to post that same thing..dunce ass bitch that he is.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »

I dunno about you but I also heard that he wasn't taking the dismissal likely....in fact what I heard is that he not taking it likely at all!!!

:D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 08:35:17 AM »

If dat is de case, den de TTFF Executive need to follow suit.

:thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
He need to clean the hair out he nose....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »

I dunno about you but I also heard that he wasn't taking the dismissal likely....in fact what I heard is that he not taking it likely at all!!!

:D

...or maybe he not taking de dismissal in de same fashion they send it... easy breezy LOL

------------------

Leave it to saga pinto to point out de man nose hairs yes, lol

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »

We need to boycott the Finland match to send the message to Watson\TTFF of how moronic they really are. 'Successful business'?  :bs:
Hart for president

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
Expose these pieces of shyte. Whomever takes this job, they are a clear as day bottom sniffing lackey with not a mouse's fart worth of integrity. TTFF ship slowly sinking Mr. Wallace, at least have the decency to refuse the appointment if just to keep whatever reputation you still enjoy.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 12:10:56 PM »

We need to boycott the Finland match to send the message to Watson\TTFF of how moronic they really are. 'Successful business'?  :bs:

ent? baliff about to break down the doors and they bawling they successful.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
"The Federation, like any other successful business entity, needs to be constantly evaluating its own progress as well as that of its rivals so that it can remain competitive in a rapidly changing environment."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Stop...it hurts.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thank God they kept Groden after their evaluating so TTFF can remain a successful business entity in this rapidly changing environment. Didn't he just bring shame upon them by being banned by FIFA?

I heard thru a TTFF source that Ferguson was allegedly not good at his job and travelled to St Kitts without the National Flag or the National anthem cd. Yet he was ProLeague manager of the year twice.

Who is the TTFF competing against exactly? Don't they have a FIFA enabled monopoly in the country?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »

Who is the TTFF competing against exactly? Don't they have a FIFA enabled monopoly in the country?

You know how hard you have to compete to finish 2nd when you alone in a race. Himself have to work hard to beat himself you know.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »

Boycott eh sayin' nuttin' if no setta crowd was gonna see the match anyway.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
The fact that all this shit has gone on for so many years, just goes to show how little people in general care about football in T&T. If Carnival, Panaroma and fete was run the same way, yuh would ah see action. When I was home in October, when yuh try to talk local football with people, they just twist up dem face and steups.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>