March 28, 2024, 11:46:59 PM

Author Topic: Brent Sancho Thread  (Read 50263 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brent Sancho Thread
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:20:56 PM »
Brent on success.
By Brent Sancho (Wired868).

Arghhh another early rise; it's the only way possible to beat the Diego Martin traffic and make it into downtown Port of Spain in time for court.

One thing's for sure, I have had good practice as this case has dragged on for five-plus years. Although the past year or two has been more about legal wranglings and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (TTFF) shenanigans, the reason I have and still continue to attend each court date, is to not only witness for myself the audaciousness of key figures like Mr. Warner, Mr. Camps and Mr. Groden but also in hope that Judge Rampersad puts an end to this fiasco.

When one thinks six years ago we were coming off the plane to a hero's welcome and everyone wishing us well only to be later blacklisted and called names—the blacklisting cost me my international playing career. My last game for Trinidad & Tobago was in June 2006.

The funny thing about it is we played like true warriors in 2006; we dug in and fought not just for ourselves but for our country. Obviously I was of the belief that, after a good showing in the tournament, the bigger clubs would come banging down my door–-they did to a degree but a combination of bad choices and a false sense of "ah reach" syndrome, which most Trinis have in abundance, caused my demise.

No need for the handkerchiefs just yet as I do feel that the Brent Sancho of 2012 is not a bad place to be; actually he's great.

Life has changed a lot since then; I am a new father and soon-to-be husband, an owner of a Japs restaurant mobile outlet, Chief Executive Officer of Pro League football club, North East Stars and a jack-of-all-trades–-no pun intended.

My days are no longer dotted with cones and footballs but starts with a wake up call from my eager son at 6.00 am, followed by a prompt opening of Japs at 9.00 am. Football still monopolizes the majority of my day while the odd football commentary or acting job—mostly advertisements thus far—pops up now and again.

It was difficult returning to Trinidad after all those years abroad, one gets used to a certain level of: professionalism, respect, workmanship, attitude and the list goes on. I love my country, so please understand that my criticism is for its betterment and maybe that's what really gets me to court every time–I want a better Trinidad and Tobago.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:17:59 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Re: Brent on success
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:08:37 PM »
Hmm...if Brent thought he reach after scoring an own goal, then I cah even imagine where Aurtis and Denzil and them mind were. They probably thought they would be playing for Real or Barca.

I understand where he coming from though. Keep the struggle going. At least we on the website still keeping the fire burning in our own way for the Soca Warriors.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:24:08 PM »
 :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 07:15:27 AM »
Hmm...if Brent thought he reach after scoring an own goal, then I cah even imagine where Aurtis and Denzil and them mind were. They probably thought they would be playing for Real or Barca.

I understand where he coming from though. Keep the struggle going. At least we on the website still keeping the fire burning in our own way for the Soca Warriors.
@ least the man was honest in his assessment, i've seen board members who had the same head in the clouds "we reach" syndrome after the WC in 2006. they were doggin jamaica when they were doing bad flunking out the hex and the gold cup. it had man even saying that "we will not be like JA" who were one time visitors to the WC, only to do worst! you eh see how much boasters gone missing since nov 2009.

i have tuh congratulate sancho, the man have heart! he talked about the same things that most xpats hate to acknowledge and would rather sweep under the carpet.

T&T is ah real slack place, and the worst part is, it don't have to be like that. we have the resources and the potential to be the jewel of the caribbean, but instead, the ppl who have the power to implement change have no vision, ideas and know how, and would not give up power to capable hands even if their mammy's life depended on it.

what he's saying is what i've been saying all along. most trinis have no "true love" for their country, and the concept of patriotism amongst trinis home and abroad is donning or waving ah flag, boasting of how proud they are to be trinis and talking other nations bad, but when it comes to true commitment to country, they either fall way short or back peddle into oblivion.

but rest "assure" that none of these trinis who claim to be sooooooo proud and glad to be trini, would pay the ultimate price of patriotism, not with their time, their money, let alone their blood!  it's all rum talk and nothing more.

PS: that's why dempsey and dem always buss we arse! those guys does truly play for the pride of being american.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:12:34 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 07:46:04 AM »
Brent said "we dug in and fought not just for ourselves but for our country"

And now your country owns you MILLIONS ?

Makes you wonder who did he really fought for ?

Brent of all people should be the last to talk, his own goal probably cost T&T a chance to progress to the next round of the world cup.

Brent, how much does a own goal worth ?

Look at the funny thing, week in, week out, Sancho and Kelvin in the press talking this and that and not one of them willing to take it further, all they do is give off hot air, now let someone else come in and take their own money and invest it in T&T football, you will see how fast Brent and company try to jump on the ship.

These guys just looking for the quick way out and not one of them have they country or football at heart.

North East Stars is a perfect example of how Sancho can run football. They are last on the table considering they have played more games that Police (3 games in hand) and Defence Force (5 games in hand). They have a foreign coach and about 5 foreign players and still cant cut it. Their top scorer is Seon Power with ONE GOAL.

Ask Sancho how to throw fetes, he is good at that.

Carnival is around the corner and teams will go on break again, expect to see the whole NE Stars team in every fete.

Sancho needs to fix his house before he can fix someone else.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:55:18 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:57:55 AM »
Listen hear Jack Horner, the country do not owe them players nothing. Is Warner who owes them. He control everything. That is why we need term limits to prevent this crap from happening. Everybody talks about Patos was a dictator and all of them have the same socalled dictatorial tendencies. Jack and Patos, allyuh made from the same cloth. Stubborn and hard head. You skating on mango skin with you comments dey, horner.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:00:55 AM »
Warner took his OWN money for years and invested it into T&T football, something no one TODAY willing to do NO ONE !!!!!!, dont you think he deserve to get some back ? its is a business !!!!

These guys never took their money out and do nothing for the game, NOTHING !!!!!!

Who today wants to take their own money and run T&T football ? not even the people currently there.

Jack said many things in the past and no one heard him, now all of a sudden they hearing, once money involved, they hearing.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 08:07:20 AM »
Warner took his OWN money for years and invested it into T&T football, something no one TODAY willing to do NO ONE !!!!!!, dont you think he deserve to get some back ? its is a business !!!!

These guys never took their money out and do nothing for the game, NOTHING !!!!!!

Who today wants to take their own money and run T&T football ? not even the people currently there.

Jack said many things in the past and no one heard him, now all of a sudden they hearing, once money involved, they hearing.

Warner took his OWN money for years and invested it into T&T football, something no one TODAY willing to do NO ONE !!!!!!, dont you think he deserve to get some back ?

Show me.....just show me. I really want to know how a school teacher made millions to invest in football. I think it was the other way around Mike mate. I think Warner made money out of football, then Re invested the money he made from football in order to obtain power.

Thats smart, but not quite the sacrificial benefactor that you're describing!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 08:48:47 AM »

Lets be honest fella, i know yuh like and appreciate mr warner, but lets be sensible and admit that warner didn't have to do that, and if he did, then he's even dumber than i thought.

every federation under the FIFA banner gets ah stipend from fifa every yr to operate, and depending on their economy, they also receive cooperate sponsorship from the business community. jamaica who has less industries than us have kept afloat by these methods, and they have enjoyed much more success than us to date.

as ah matter of fact, cpt burrell does not spend ah nickle out of pocket to fund the JFF, he goes about it the way many have, and to be honest, i think he might be on top of the game as far as making money from football without govt funding.

now lets examine jack warner's claim of funding T&T's football with "his own" money! fist off, jack hosted like about three WC finals here, i think the under 20ies, womens under 17, and another big fifa tourney. in those tournaments he was handsomely paid, by fifa, cooperate sponsors from all over the globe, and i believe he had the TV rights and gate receipts.

he also had the tv rights to all gold cup appearances in the last 15 or so yrs, he also had the rights to ah few WC final in the past, he also had TV rights to the hex matches of which T&T competed in every one except 1997, he also had gate receipts for every WCQ games that played either in the oval at the stadium, he also had sponsorship from adidas, puma, carib, beewee, the ministry of sports and ah few big name sponsors right here on the island, so if jack funded the mens national team with his own money, then where did all the money he got for gate, TV, and local sponsorship and the govt went?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »

you have proof of that Jack took his own money? Has he shown you any documents, etc. And maybe he did. But he has made a thousand times over the years than  what he put in. You can fall for that. Not me or most people on this site.

I would not? Until We known what TTFF liable for or to whom, why put money in there. Plus, the people who running TTFF is Jack people. You think them buisness don't know about Jack or what. That entire cabal has to go before people feel confident to sink substantial money in TTFF.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »
I am not talking about using they money to give the TTFF, I meant, using their money to actually take over and run the federation or T&T football.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 09:42:04 AM »
So many people in the news lately just talking and if all of them come together they will do damage, but that will never happen, its only individual fights.

They should take a page from the TTFF, if is one thing the TTFF have, is unity this is why they always comes out on top.

Sancho, Kelvin Jack, Shaka, Flex, de ther 14 Warrriors, Gally, Lasana, Fenwick, Tallman,.... etc etc come together they go do some damage.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
I like this article by Sancho....it was honest. Much respect

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »
Nice read Sancho, not clean yet, but good job.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 07:44:29 PM »
I am not talking about using they money to give the TTFF, I meant, using their money to actually take over and run the federation or T&T football.
Well let's say some rich Trini with more money than Jack want to pump money into footbal and put a proposal that for him to put money he must have all the say. Hiring, firing, scheduling friendlies, using his own companies to do everything. You think Jack and his boys go care for that. You friggin' mad.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 05:39:15 AM »
I like this article by Sancho....it was honest. Much respect

Now getting a chance to read this and lookie, lookie, Diamondtrim and I agree on something...... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 07:04:33 AM »
Brownie..........

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Brent Sancho Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 03:43:18 AM »
Sancho: No offer was made.
By —Ian Prescott (Express).

BRENT SANCHO, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Players Association, has denied that former T&T Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser Jack Warner made a $15 million offer to 13 former Trinidad and Tobago footballers in a bid to settle an outstanding dispute over 2006 World Cup revenue.

Warner made the statement yesterday in an interview with I95.5FM, but Sancho denied it.

"I don't know why Mr. Warner would say that, especially today when he is expected to furnish the courts with accounts pertaining to the funds raised during the 2006 World Cup campaign."

The players have sued the TTFF in a dispute over earnings generated during the 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign. On Wednesday, representatives of 13 former and current T&T players took levy action against the Federation which is in breach of a High Court judgement.

The court had ordered that TTFF had to pay the players $4.2 million within seven days of its October 11, 2011 ruling. Wednesday's levy action saw the TTFF office at 43 Dundonald Street, Port of Spain, stripped of furniture, computers and even trophies.

Sancho said that some time back, he remembered Warner's lawyer Om Lalla speculating about what kind of money might end the impasse. The former England-based T&T national defender felt it was basically delay tactics which came after players insisted on seeing the audited accounts of revenues collected during the World Cup campaign.

Based on public records and statements attributed to former Sport Minister Roger Boynes, Sancho estimated that close to $200 million was raised in 2006.

"It was a set of bush talk between their lawyer and our lawyer, where they were asking what figure might be appropriate to settle the matter. They never once made a concrete offer," Sancho declared.

"The court has given Mr Warner until today to provide the books concerning the 2006 World Cup revenues. If he does not do it we will further explore our legal options and we will also be going after (former TTFF president) Mr. (Oliver) Camps to recoup some of the money owed to us," Sancho said.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho: No offer was made.
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 07:37:32 AM »
drive the wood een Big B
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
Pong dem  :busshead:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »
Sancho will be vindicated. Stay tuned.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 05:49:10 AM »
Sancho: No books from Warner
By Ian Prescott (Express).

BACK TO COURT

THIRTEEN Soca Warriors footballers will hold an international conference call today to plan strategy with their lawyers before heading back to court on Tuesday to renew battle against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF).

The players are involved in a multi-million dollar legal battle with the TTFF over 2006 World Cup revenues and on Wednesday took levy action after their former employers breached a Trinidad and Tobago High Court judgement which instructed the TTFF to pay the players who represented T&T at the 2006 World Cup, a total of US$724,000 as an interim payment.

Port of Spain High Court Justice Devindra Rampersad had given the TTFF until October 18, 2011 to make the payment. Justice Rampersad also ordered the Federation to have its former special adviser Jack Warner present all relevant documents regarding all the finances of the country's participation in the 2006 World Cup. Warner was given a Friday, February 10, 2012 deadline.

Yesterday, Soca Warriors spokesman Brent Sancho revealed that Warner had not presented them with a copy of the financial records as mandated by the High Court. He said they must now determine their next step before heading to court early next week.

"Warner was required to give the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation the financial record and also present as a copy of the records at the same time by the end of Friday. We have not received any," Sancho declared. "He did not present the financial records. So again he has defied the courts. We have a Government minister who feels that he is above the law."

The Express also contacted attorney Om Lalla, who has represented Warner and the TTFF for a long period during the ongoing legal battle. Lalla said he was not sure if Warner had complied with the court request.

"There was a request made of him. I did not deal with it," Lalla said. "It may have been done, but I cannot say for sure because I did not deal with it," Lalla said.

Efforts by the Express to contact Warner yesterday were unsuccessful.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 08:44:49 AM »
Om are u no longer d man lawyer? I guess u 2 busy wit d CRIME WATCH fella
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sancho says players patriotic not greedy.
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:35 AM »
Sancho says players patriotic not greedy
By RENALDO MATADEEN (NEWSDAY).

Brent Sancho, has emphatically denied that the levy of the ex-footballers against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) last week is one of malicious intent.

“It isn’t about funds or some selfish act of grabbing money for our pockets. It’s a bigger picture we are looking at and that is the federation being held accountable and for failing to restructure local and national football,” he said

The former national player vehemently stated the position of the players, after Justice Devendra Rampersad ruled for an interim payment of $4.2 million to the 13 2006 Soca Warriors.

The fiasco, which boiled over with the raid on the TTFF headquarters and subsequently Jack Warner’s recent radio interview, saw the Works and Infrastructure Minister incessantly lambaste the footballers as ‘greedy’.

“It’s a travesty for Warner to throw these words around when he and the TTFF are showing no transparency. What transpired with the raid was the judicial system at work.

They ruled in our favour a few years ago for the monies after the World Cup so for Warner to also say that there was never any obligation or contract shows how wrong he is. That’s why the courts ruled in our favour back then, and that’s why they are ruling towards us right now,” added Sancho.

Sancho professed that the issue was the administration and institution of the TTFF in its entirety as he voiced concerns over the credibility of the federation.

“They’re just sitting back and doing nothing. Warner said he produced the relevant books but why did (Justice Devendra) Rampersad rule in our favour? From the case, the judge deemed what the TTFF produced as unacceptable, hence the event that transpired.

It is clear that something is wrong and needs to be clarified,” Sancho claimed.

Sancho also highlighted a poignant issue into what the annual FIFA grant was being used for.

“Where are these developmental programmes? FIFA has nothing to show for it. You can’t fool the public continuously and the court ruling will bring this to light,” affirmed the North East Stars CEO. Sancho admitted that FIFA intervention was inevitable and it may be the only way to institute change and restructure local football with strategies to regain a top status in the region.

“We do not want any funds nor reprisal for ourselves, nor from the Government. There is a bigger entity to be tackled here. Where did the money the TTFF possess for football and its development go? It’s millions of taxpayers dollars and no one is accounting for it?

Lennox Watson says they have no funds yet they still are trying to operate,” remonstrated Sancho. “Everyone needs to join and discover where these funds went because that’s what will be used to further our younger players in the game and foster a future for TT football,” he elaborated.

In closing he divulged, “Watson is just waiting for nothing. The TTFF is fading and broken.”

Sancho said that while last week was depressing and sad, it was the step needed for transparency and accountability.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho says players patriotic not greedy.
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 06:08:32 AM »
 :-\

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 06:49:46 AM »
The importance of this action is more than any of us can ever imagine. It stretches beyond the corridors of football and sport to a national level of institutional oppression that has cascaded the society for years.

This is justice being served, and we not talking about bandit and murderer but the perception that white collar crime in this country is unpunishable. I cyah even lie, i want the revo 13 to crush d TTFF and bring it down to its knees, might sound bad but i don't care about any existing program that may be affected. In introspection i concluded that the sentiment is not just about football but a societal toxin that is actually getting the proper treatment.

Morale is improving
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »
This is a test case for accountability and transparency as Sancho has stated! This is beyond football! Justice Rampersad has the entire nation looking at him and much wider I imagine!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 08:42:23 AM »
Well put Mr Sancho!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Add some more pressure while yuh at it!
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Jadel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 05:52:01 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but FIFA is the most corrupt institution in the world, they lack transperancy and legally accept bribes, they can't be challenge. Does Sancho and company really expect postive change with FIFA intervention....... :rotfl:

I find it strange that everytime Sancho is in the media he is calling for government or FIFA intervention knowing it would cause football in T&T to cease. Why hasn't he called for the establishment of a FIFA Normalization comittee to ensure that the football at least goes on while the federation is investigated and reconstructed.

Is it because local members of the Normalization Comittee won't be legible for Federation elections  ???

He has not once mention Under 17 or Under 23 and their current campaigns and the negative effect a suspension would cause. Does he not care about the youth the future of T&T football.

And if he should succeed and Fifa suspends the TTFF times passes and he becomes head of the TTFF does he expect these players to respect him  ???

The former players are not wrong to pursue the matter, matter of fact it is their legal right,  I sincerely hope they are doing it for the right reasons otherwise the they will inherit a cycle that wanted to stop.

1]; } ?>