April 19, 2024, 02:49:51 PM

Author Topic: Brent Sancho Thread  (Read 50557 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News: Brent Sancho is the new Minister of Sport
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2015, 03:37:49 PM »

Lawd Fadder, this is going viral on Facebook  :D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2015, 03:49:27 PM »

Lawd Fadder, this is going viral on Facebook  :D

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2015, 04:06:50 PM »
Sancho appointed new Minister of Sport.
ttproleague.com.

Harrison takes over as managing director at Central FC

Brent Sancho has been appointed the new Minister of Sport, replacing Rupert Griffith, who had been acting in that post following the resignation of Anil Roberts last July.

Sancho was a surprise announcement made by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in her address to the nation on Monday night.

Following his swearing-in on Tuesday (today), Sancho said, “For the next couple months, or however long my tenure would be, I want to make sure there is pride, it is athlete driven, and we get the right funding to our athletes to make sure they represent our country in the right way.

We have an abundance of talents in this country and although we have not given them the right support all the way through, they have still done well, and I am looking forward to raising the bar even more for them.”

The 37-year-old Sancho will now separate himself from duties as managing director of Central Football Club, the club he co-owns, meanwhile 52-year-old England born co-owner Kevin Harrison, formerly the operations director, will serve as managing director in the absence of the former Trinidad and Tobago footballer and member of the 2006 “Soca Warriors” squad.

Harrison assured that new changes wouldn’t negatively affect the Couva based club “because the philosophy we have built will still present.”

“He (Sancho) won’t be involved in the club,” said Harrison. “It is something that we discussed. It is a good move for him although, politically, its not the best time to take that position with all the controversy that’s going on.

“But he has steady hands to the ship. He is just a neutral person and he is doing it for Trinidad and Tobago. We don’t know how long it will be for because election is around the corner, but maybe he can steady things, being a sensible head.”

Harrison said he believes strongly that Sancho can have a positive impact as Sports Minister and with the position can get corporate Trinidad and Tobago involved in sport again.

“He (Sancho) had assisted the government recently and had been the voice of players in the past few years,” continued Harrison. “Maybe the government looked at him as someone well respected with a good head on his shoulders because that’s the type of people that they need right now.”

Sancho has been at the forefront of an ongoing legal battle for monies owed to the 2006 “Soca Warriors” by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).

Last September, Sancho, along with twelve (12) others “Soca Warriors”, received cheques from the prime minister, which represented the balance of the money the court said was owed to them.

But despite the pay off, Sancho vowed the players would continue with their legal action.

Sancho said then, “While the procedure has gone before the court we have unearthed a lot of wrongdoing and we intend to find the person responsible for the missing funds. We will continue with our legal battle and bring those missing funds back to the TTFF.”

He also had given the assurance that once the missing funds were recovered, the players would reimburse the Government.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »
Listen all he is a is a non-threatening face for the PPP. As Minister locum tenentes can he realistically do anything while inside there in 7 months or less? No!
Also as one of the people who led the lawsuit against the TTFA/TTFF he is now in a tenuous position because he has a standing issue in the court against them.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2015, 04:18:02 PM »
I have lost all respect for Sancho. All this shows is that he is an opportunist and it makes me wonder if this was part of the deal when he accepted money from this Gov't. The mere fact that he associates with these people, who lack any sort of moral compunction states a lot about he as a person. Those of you who say he can help with football are living in lala land as there are 7 months or less left for an election. All budgets have been assigned for the year so all he is there to do is sign off and make the gov't look as if it is inclusive of non-Hindus.

MEP, I agree with your point also. I had not really looked at budget assignments. It truly makes some sense. But for argument sake. What if PNM was in power and Patos or Rowley had offered the portfolio to him. Would you have called Sancho an opportunist. Was Ato an opportunist when he took the position for PM Panday.

I still think he would have been an opportunist. A lot has to be called into question as to why they settled and accepted the bonus from this gov't.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2015, 05:17:56 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153047459955610

"He can't even score in the right goal... He could govern a ministry? Steupse."

Trinidadians is de worse, yes! lol

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2015, 06:22:50 PM »
So FS, things are looking up for Central. You all definitely getting allyuh subvention now.With all ah that! Nothing less tha CFU champs or vice-champs  ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:24:32 PM by Deeks »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2015, 07:37:49 PM »
From Wired 868:

TTOC welcomes Sport Minister Brent Sancho
(Press Release from TTOC president Brian Lewis)

The appointment of former national footballer Brent Sancho as Minister of sport sends a good signal to the athletes of Trinidad and Tobago.
Minister Sancho is to be commended for accepting the position in what can be best described as challenging times for Trinidad and Tobago Sport given the macro economic reality of falling oil and gas revenue , the recent life sport scandal and other systemic issues bedeviling and hampering local sport.
In welcoming the new Minister of Sport there is confidence that his experience as a national team sport athlete , a professional footballer, managing director of Central FC, his advocacy for player rights will give him the context and commitment to make decisions that are in the best interest of sport and the athletes.
In addressing some of the major problems zero tolerance for corruption and poor governance will be essential success factors.
On behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) I welcome the new Minister of Sport and extend best wises to him for a successful , progressive and forward thinking tenure.

Ent Gypsy had experience too in the  " cultural fraternity" well he was another impact flunky minister before he was let go to pasture ( eat all the food yuh want).  What credentials- what overall sports management? What is the big picture thinking for all sports development in TNT?
This is like saying a successful played naturally translates into a successful coach!! Ala Latapy

Review the appointments of this government- from the first one involving false papers - how many appears to be patronage?
This has the stench of a political ploy to win over a specific sector of the population. Next watch for  Keshon Walcott as minister of youth Affairs or deputy sports minister lol

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:01:40 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »
Could it be that Sancho is making a bee-line to the ttfa presidency? And what about Central FC? With the brain of the organization now occupied with the central government in power, what will happen with that ship? Hey Pinky, what's up?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »
Could it be that Sancho is making a bee-line to the ttfa presidency? And what about Central FC? With the brain of the organization now occupied with the central government in power, what will happen with that ship? Hey Pinky, what's up?

FS is in charge now. Don't  worry they would not skip a beat ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
I have lost all respect for Sancho. All this shows is that he is an opportunist and it makes me wonder if this was part of the deal when he accepted money from this Gov't. The mere fact that he associates with these people, who lack any sort of moral compunction states a lot about he as a person. Those of you who say he can help with football are living in lala land as there are 7 months or less left for an election. All budgets have been assigned for the year so all he is there to do is sign off and make the gov't look as if it is inclusive of non-Hindus.

So, help me here.... how is being Minister of Sport for 7 months supposed to be opportunist? Aside from 7 months salary what exactly is this going to do for him? If PNM get in, you think they're going to pay him any notice. So, again, exactly where is this "deal" that he made?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2015, 10:20:49 PM »
So FS, things are looking up for Central. You all definitely getting allyuh subvention now.With all ah that! Nothing less tha CFU champs or vice-champs  ;D

Again....Central & Point Fortin Civic already receive the subvention along with W.Connection, North East Stars, Jabloteh, Caledonia and Rangers.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2015, 10:22:18 PM »

Thanks K.D. what am I to do without The Brain?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2015, 10:24:10 PM »
From Wired 868:

TTOC welcomes Sport Minister Brent Sancho
(Press Release from TTOC president Brian Lewis)

The appointment of former national footballer Brent Sancho as Minister of sport sends a good signal to the athletes of Trinidad and Tobago.
Minister Sancho is to be commended for accepting the position in what can be best described as challenging times for Trinidad and Tobago Sport given the macro economic reality of falling oil and gas revenue , the recent life sport scandal and other systemic issues bedeviling and hampering local sport.
In welcoming the new Minister of Sport there is confidence that his experience as a national team sport athlete , a professional footballer, managing director of Central FC, his advocacy for player rights will give him the context and commitment to make decisions that are in the best interest of sport and the athletes.
In addressing some of the major problems zero tolerance for corruption and poor governance will be essential success factors.
On behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) I welcome the new Minister of Sport and extend best wises to him for a successful , progressive and forward thinking tenure.

Ent Gypsy had experience too in the  " cultural fraternity" well he was another impact flunky minister before he was let go to pasture ( eat all the food yuh want).  What credentials- what overall sports management? What is the big picture thinking for all sports development in TNT?
This is like saying a successful played naturally translates into a successful coach!! Ala Latapy

Review the appointments of this government- from the first one involving false papers - how many appears to be patronage?
This has the stench of a political ploy to win over a specific sector of the population. Next watch for  Keshon Walcott as minister of youth Affairs or deputy sports minister lol

Almost a fair point. Now tell me who (aside from Jack Warner) has brought more new corporate dollars into professional football? (And you can't count Jabloteh as their situation is well known)

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2015, 02:08:51 AM »
Wait!!!!! Somebody left Football Supporter in charge? OMFG.............
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2015, 02:48:44 AM »
Sancho looks well pleased after the swearing-in ceremony!  :devil:

Five ministers sworn in

From left, Minister of National Security Carl Alfonso, Attorney General Garvin Nicholas, Minister of the People and Social Development Christine Newallo-Hosein, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, President Anthony Carmona, Minister in the Ministry of Works Kwame Mutema and Minister of Sport Brent Sancho at the swearing-in ceremony, which took place at the Office of the President shortly after 8.30 am, February 3, 2015. Photo: Office of the Prime Minister
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 02:52:01 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Caption this photo folks!!
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2015, 03:10:22 AM »
Caption this photo folks with the five newly sworn-in ministers!  :devil:

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:14:00 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2015, 05:59:40 AM »
Wait!!!!! Somebody left Football Supporter in charge? OMFG.............

The benefit of ownership, my son, or the folly, depending on your viewpoint!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2015, 06:02:01 AM »

SANCHO: "Madame Prime Minister; may I suggest that we all wear numbers on our jackets so you can identify us from a team sheet?"
KPB: "Wonderful idea Mr Sanko, you're making a difference already. Now, run along while the big people talk"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2015, 08:42:03 AM »
FS any expenditure under 1 million the PS approves so any Minister has to do is make sure that their friends, family etc do wuk for under 1 million. Let me tell you how creative you can get. When Kamla was MOE she had a company from Penal cleaning the blinds in the Ministry. So doh talk bout is only 7 months salary. There are lots of ways to line yuh pocket with 1 day in govt. By the time the next guy sets up shop monry still running until you realize that the blinds leaving POS to go Penal to get clean.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2015, 08:43:18 AM »

Kamla: Ok Kwame, you get de puncheon and let Garvin get some red bull and fry channa for cutters,
Sancho: F00ck them, I looking for check book, is eat ah food vibes I on.
Hosein: She feel I is Bette Midler or wha.
Carl: Shut yuh ass now nah Kamla and run de parasaud.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:45:22 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2015, 08:54:38 AM »
Sanch,
Remember whether yuh run as head of Central FC, TTFA or MOS,
Keep yuh eye on de ball and push to have:
1. Jackulito quaking in his boots and toozin' his pants.
2. Uncle Tim and Shell-done fully aware dat dey lazy ass behaviors must stop.
3. De money trail followed for de missing funds ...as far as the legal process will allow.
4. Extradition plans for Jackulito, Horner and de rest finalized.
5. Encouragement for Renraw to travel and tell him yuh have his back. Day of reckoning coming homie.
6. All Football teams and other sport teams on alert to get seriously cracking with early performance goals.
If no money to do anything major, then grab the microphone and talk about the sickness affecting the Jackulito-infected sports mentality and the need to aim high in sports and pay attention to T&T legacy.
People watching closely.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:09:41 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2015, 10:34:21 AM »

Kamla: "First tings first! I need allyuh to shred these documents on the desk in front of me! It have all kinda evidence about former ministers inside of here!"
Sancho: "I go do it! Hmm... I wonder if I could find anything on Jack here boy?!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »
We supporting them people in the TTFA who eh doing nothing other than begging, and people want to argue that they are qualified and deserving of their posts.

But Sancho on the other hand.........................
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2015, 01:49:07 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153047459955610

"He can't even score in the right goal... He could govern a ministry? Steupse."

Trinidadians is de worse, yes! lol

This is such an unfair statement. bakes .. let it go ! u remind me of the people who were burning becks shirts etc in england when he got sent off vs argentina. it's just a game.. same thing for latas, had he scored different game but he didn't, i dont see people trying to pin him to a wall for it. sigh.

Give Mr.Brent a chance before you jump to conclusions and make poor statements.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:52:21 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »
Honest question: Are there no conflict of interest issues with regards to his holding this position along with his position with Central F.C.?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
This is such an unfair statement. bakes .. let it go ! u remind me of the people who were burning becks shirts etc in england when he got sent off vs argentina. it's just a game.. same thing for latas, had he scored different game but he didn't, i dont see people trying to pin him to a wall for it. sigh.

Give Mr.Brent a chance before you jump to conclusions and make poor statements.

Something wrong with your reading comprehension?  Do you understand the purpose/meaning of quotation marks?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2015, 01:57:30 PM »
ok so thats not u quoting yourself?.. can't blame me for editing anything lmao! i hadda arks b.c iz bakes we talkin bout here yuh know :D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2015, 01:59:30 PM »
ok so thats not u quoting yourself?.. can't blame me for editing anything lmao! i hadda arks b.c iz bakes we talkin bout here yuh know :D

It should be evident to anybody who has completed primary school that the quotation was not mine.  Not only that, you didn't "arks" anything... instead like ah ass yuh decide to jump to conclusions talking about who I remind you of.

1]; } ?>