March 28, 2024, 07:30:59 PM

Author Topic: Brent Sancho Thread  (Read 50260 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sancho appointed to FIFA Tribunal Players' Status Chamber
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2021, 05:17:53 AM »
Sancho appointed to FIFA Tribunal Players' Status Chamber
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago Pro League interim chairman Brent Sancho has been appointed to the FIFA Tribunal Players’ Status Chamber (PSC) for a four-year stint, beginning on October 1.

Sancho is the only representative from the Caribbean to be selected to this 32-member committee.

The PSC will establish and monitor compliance with the FIFA regulations concerning the status and transfer of players, and determines the status of players for various FIFA competitions. Its jurisdiction is set out in the regulations concerning the status and transfer of players.

According to Article 54 of the FIFA Statutes, the football tribunal shall pass decisions relating to football-related disputes and regulatory applications.

Sancho said his name was put forward to the sport’s world governing body by Concacaf for possible selection. He is also the only former international player to be appointed on this tribunal.

The ex-national defender was elated with his new post and hopes the appointment can aid the improvement of football throughout the region.

Sancho said, “The goal is about getting as much knowledge as possible and being able to use that knowledge to enhance my environment, which is T&T and, by extension, the Caribbean. I’m very passionate about the advancement of Caribbean football.

“I plan to use this to try to assist in whatever way I can. I’m getting a lot of offers to carry on in Europe and North America but for me right now, I want to be able to impact first within T&T and the Caribbean before I do anything else,” he added.

Sancho, the former Minister of Sport, has been pursuing a FIFA-certified diploma in Club Management and is expected to graduate at the end of the year. Only 24 persons from 450 applicants worldwide were selected to take part in this course.

He is scheduled to travel to Spain, in two weeks, to be part of the World Football Summit.

Sancho, who is also the owner of Pro League club Central FC, believes his pursuit of this diploma, his previous position on the Concacaf task force for the Caribbean Professional League, and years of administrative and executive work on the domestic football circuit fit the criteria to be appointed on the FIFA tribunal.

He mentioned, “It’s been a good journey. I’ve been involved in some very interesting projects, discussions with investors who are trying to purchase clubs in Europe. The past two to three years have been a process of learning and advancement.

“It’s a lot of work as you would expect. But I’m grateful to represent T&T, the Concacaf region and to continue to do work in the sport.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Brent Sancho Thread
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2021, 12:56:33 PM »
Sancho: Benefits for T&T football once TTFA listens.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

T&T's football is set to benefit tremendously from the appointment of Brent Sancho, the T&T Pro League acting chairman, to the FIFA Players Status Committee.

Sancho who has six more months to complete a Diploma in Sports Management with the FIFA was recently appointed to the FIFA Players Status Committee for four years, with a responsibility to be among a team that will monitor compliance with the regulation and status of the transfer of players in the various Leagues and FIFA competitions.

He starts officially on October 1, but presently he is going through information relating to procedures, getting familiar with the language and how things are to work etc.

Yesterday Sancho said he intends to approach local and regional football authorities to provide assistance from the knowledge he gained, but it will all be up to them if they want to learn. " I've now been asked to be a servant for T&T and by extension the Caribbean, so it's important that I take whatever information and bring it back for the powers that be so it can be utilised.

It gives a lot of best practices across the world in different situations and different scenarios, hence why there will be some benefits for us locally because there are different modules in place, where you can take some of it and put it back into use in T&T football.

It is an exciting time, I spoke to the chairman from Argentina today and they're all looking forward to coming together and coming up with new solutions. I think we would all agree that football is always evolving, so you have to stay up with the times and make sure that this particular department stays up to what is current in football so that we can be of assistance towards the growth of the sport.

You can have all the know-how and all the knowledge in life but if you don't want to implement it and you don't want to put things into practice it's not going to work, so as much as I am happy to get the experience, if the powers that be don't want to take whatever is given from what I've gained, then it all comes to nought, but I hope that will not be the case."

Sancho already appears to be a well sought-after official as he told Guardian Media Sports about approaches he received from regional and international interests for assistance to either acquire a football club in Europe or help in regional management of the game.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »
Yes. You are being sucked in slowly but surely.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2021, 07:52:57 PM »
Former T&T footballer Brent Sancho believes the time has come for issues off the field to get out of the way of the talent on it. Sancho, who was speaking on the heels of his appointment to the FIFA Tribunal’s Players Status Chamber, articulated his vision for a new type of administration style in the region, and Trinidad and Tobago in particular.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9B7OYGu7o2A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9B7OYGu7o2A</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2021, 11:48:14 PM »
Slowly but surely! Have the national players been paid.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 02, 2021, 07:51:36 AM »
Trifactor Podcast sat with Brent Sancho recently and discussed his career, the state of TT Football and his perspectives. Was a good one.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LgILFUkjSUY&amp;t" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LgILFUkjSUY&amp;t</a>

Follow us on all platforms including all streaming platforms Spotify, Google and Apple Podcast:
https://linktr.ee/trifactorpod
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>