April 24, 2024, 05:55:06 AM

Author Topic: Brent Sancho Thread  (Read 50621 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News: Brent Sancho is the new Minister of Sport
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »
Has T&T really sunk so low that any person looking to serve their country is automatically considered a corrupt thief?

Big friggin YES. It  also depends on which party everyone assumes you "support". I don't think anyone here  believe Brent is a theif. But they certainly believe he is going into the den of "theives". I like Brent. He was a decent player. He went the distance against injustice and paid the price with his career. I admire him for that especially. The irony about this whole affair is he is now in the former party of Jack Warner. The man who has our football in a friggin mess.  I have no issue with him taking up the MoS dutuies. Opportunity knocks at your door at (inopportune time or the right time). Take your pick. He is now a political figure. He will get a honeymoon period. But that will last as long as his portfolio is not embroilled in bachanal.

Forumites, we can't have our cake and eat it. We either support the man in endeavour to assist sports or don't. We know definitely football will benefit immensely(at least I hope so). What I want from Sancho is the timely distribution of funds for ALL sports teams. Especially when they have regional and world tournaments to participate.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2015, 09:05:25 AM »
I can't believe an argument is Sancho's qualifications better than some past people's and who else is there? Get that ish out of here. Especially when you consider that at most he has 3 or 4 months because let's face it. You have to call elections and then when that machinery starts. That's it. This is not Central FC. This is a multi billion dollar, multi sport,  government bureaucracy. He will need time and support which he doesn't have.

I do not doubt his intentions at all. He was always an activist for good, but anybody who can't see this move for what it is are the ones who are being blessedly naive. That is why everybody is shocked and some appalled.
Also, lie with dogs you get fleas eh.

Let's see what happens. Swima say, what's the worst that can happen? I say his reputation is at stake and those are high stakes indeed.
Good luck.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2015, 09:16:25 AM »
Leh we wait a few months and then gudge de man nah.

He did very good with Central FC.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2015, 09:23:40 AM »
Can a Minister of Sport in one Government, be retained as Minister of Sport or hired by the MIS in a succeeding Government ? ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2015, 09:28:58 AM »
Can a Minister of Sport in one Government, be retained as Minister of Sport or hired by the MIS in a succeeding Government ? ???

YES not likely but YES
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2015, 09:34:55 AM »

YES not likely but YES
thanks Weary So if the road Minister & Ministry doing a fantastic job, people like him, he bringing road & service to the people, like never done before, damn he paving it heself for free..it most likely, he won't be retained because of he's one of them..is that so ?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
I can't believe an argument is Sancho's qualifications better than some past people's and who else is there? Get that ish out of here. Especially when you consider that at most he has 3 or 4 months because let's face it. You have to call elections and then when that machinery starts. That's it. This is not Central FC. This is a multi billion dollar, multi sport,  government bureaucracy. He will need time and support which he doesn't have.

I do not doubt his intentions at all. He was always an activist for good, but anybody who can't see this move for what it is are the ones who are being blessedly naive. That is why everybody is shocked and some appalled.
Also, lie with dogs you get fleas eh.

Let's see what happens. Swima say, what's the worst that can happen? I say his reputation is at stake and those are high stakes indeed.
Good luck.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
From Wired 868:

TTOC welcomes Sport Minister Brent Sancho
(Press Release from TTOC president Brian Lewis)

The appointment of former national footballer Brent Sancho as Minister of sport sends a good signal to the athletes of Trinidad and Tobago.
Minister Sancho is to be commended for accepting the position in what can be best described as challenging times for Trinidad and Tobago Sport given the macro economic reality of falling oil and gas revenue , the recent life sport scandal and other systemic issues bedeviling and hampering local sport.
In welcoming the new Minister of Sport there is confidence that his experience as a national team sport athlete , a professional footballer, managing director of Central FC, his advocacy for player rights will give him the context and commitment to make decisions that are in the best interest of sport and the athletes.
In addressing some of the major problems zero tolerance for corruption and poor governance will be essential success factors.
On behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) I welcome the new Minister of Sport and extend best wises to him for a successful , progressive and forward thinking tenure.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2015, 09:42:40 AM »
Trinbagonians (all, expats to the locals) full ah shit yes. SMH
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2015, 09:57:03 AM »

YES not likely but YES
thanks Weary So if the road Minister & Ministry doing a fantastic job, people like him, he bringing road & service to the people, like never done before, damn he paving it heself for free..it most likely, he won't be retained because of he's one of them..is that so ?

I think Brian who eh take a vow of poverty wuk for both governments I think as Finance Minister not 100%.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2015, 10:40:04 AM »
Everybody, this portfolio is until election. So let's see how he go perform.

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2015, 10:40:28 AM »
Regarding one's reputation and the Trinidadian public, one just has to look at the fine example Ian Alleyne set during the St. Joseph by-election. A man who's job it was to ensure that crime and corruption was exposed through media suddenly campaigned as a potential government representative to the parliament. People say how he couldn't go back on crime watch whether he win or lose... all his credibility gone.

Guess what, Crime Watch is still the number 1 local show on tv and Ian Alleyne is still "crusading" for the meek. Brent Sancho hasn't yet appeared on a platform, though I suspect he will. Nevertheless, he will be ok.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #102 on: February 03, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »
Aye, yo, Brent. The MOS missing millions. Ask the Ugly One about that money. You know who he is. It will be interesting to see the relationship between the negligent, delinquent ttfa and the new Minister of Sports. Stay tuned. Uhmmmm.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »
Wow, quite a development... Not much else to say - will reserve judgement until I hear how it's going

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2015, 11:35:44 AM »
Mixed feelings about this.  I have liked and respected Sancho fuh a long time but I am really bothered by his acceptance of this appointment.  Not because I see him as a snake or anything of the sort, but because he appears to have been "bought" by Kamla and she brigade.  When we look back at the payment issued by the government to our 06 Warriors (with Sancho being both the most visible and vocal) it sets the table for what has now occurred.  When we consider that the very same governement that partnered with the enemy, and stood watch while that nastiness Warner spewed blatant lies to confuse the ignorant has now appointed Sancho how can we not be skeptical.  I am not even concerned by any political ambition he may have, but I am disturbed by any rout taken thru and as part of this government.  What makes it even more bothersome is that with such little time remaining, I can't see how he could reasonably believe he will accomplish anything within T&T government that is most notorious for its bureaucracy from hell.

I will observe but this is disappointing.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
Should of appointed him alot sooner though big move- I like Brent for Sports minister!  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »
Glad to see that at least a handful of forumites are able to keep their eyes on the ball.  The bulk of missing funds from the 2006 campaign is Ministry of Sports funds, let's see if there's any agitation by the new Minister to go after those funds.  As of last week the DPP has been given the entire dossier on the missing funds, so the proverbial ball is in the government's court and Sancho now holds serve.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2015, 12:19:17 PM »
why so much negativity?  There is a chance he can do well........there have been a few decent performing ministers here and there from PNM past to PP present.........is there something that Sanch has done over the years to think he will fork things up?  Is because Kamla give them d money dat PNM didn't?  I giving it some time before condemnation. I say well played Sancho. Just hope yuh eh sell yuh soul for a 15 minutes Cobo sweat

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2015, 12:38:10 PM »
Is because Kamla give them d money dat PNM didn't?

Breds, I think you confuse here. The Manning gov't game them a million each when they came back from Germany. You forget!!?? The money Kamla gave them was what was owed to them by the Jack WarnerTTFF. Remember that Jack was in the PP government, and Kamla defend Jack. Some of us suffering from a dose of  amnesia here.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:40:19 PM by Deeks »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »
Everybody, this portfolio is until election. So let's see how he go perform.
Your comments are indeed timely and sobering, Deeks!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »
That is a real juicy prospect with Sancho now having the resources and the info to find out about the 06 funds.
And a potential run against Jack Warner.

He have it easy though.  Just hold the ship steady until elections. Any failures can be easily blamed on his short term in office and/or his predecessors.

Cobo sweat haha

Just hope yuh eh sell yuh soul for a 15 minutes Cobo sweat

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2015, 12:40:25 PM »
Is because Kamla give them d money dat PNM didn't?

Breds, I think you confuse here. The Manning gov't game them a million each when they came back from Germany. You forget!!?? The money Kamla gave them was what was owed to them by the Jack WarnerTTFF. Remember that Jack was in the PP government, and Kamla defend Jack. Some of us suffering from a dose of  amnesia here.

Dose of stupidity.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:33 PM »
Mixed feelings about this.  I have liked and respected Sancho fuh a long time but I am really bothered by his acceptance of this appointment.  Not because I see him as a snake or anything of the sort, but because he appears to have been "bought" by Kamla and she brigade.  When we look back at the payment issued by the government to our 06 Warriors (with Sancho being both the most visible and vocal) it sets the table for what has now occurred.  When we consider that the very same governement that partnered with the enemy, and stood watch while that nastiness Warner spewed blatant lies to confuse the ignorant has now appointed Sancho how can we not be skeptical. I am not even concerned by any political ambition he may have, but I am disturbed by any rout taken thru and as part of this government.  What makes it even more bothersome is that with such little time remaining, I can't see how he could reasonably believe he will accomplish anything within T&T government that is most notorious for its bureaucracy from hell.

I will observe but this is disappointing.

this right here is what is striking......if jack was still in gov't.....sancho and rest would be out in the cold.......they were largely ignored and basically shit upon by these very pieces scum that reside in gov't........now u turn cheek and join d parade.....I hate people that are willing to allow themselves to be used as pawns, then try to justify it with self righteous bull about goin to make difference.......steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
When we consider that the very same governement that partnered with the enemy, and stood watch while that nastiness Warner spewed blatant lies to confuse the ignorant has now appointed Sancho how can we not be skeptical

Quote from Mad Scorpion. Anyone should see why many on this forum are skeptical. But again, forumites. I think we should support Sancho 100%  as  the Minister of Sport.  When election time come, allyuh go make  up allyuh own minds.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »
When we consider that the very same governement that partnered with the enemy, and stood watch while that nastiness Warner spewed blatant lies to confuse the ignorant has now appointed Sancho how can we not be skeptical

Quote from Mad Scorpion. Anyone should see why many on this forum are skeptical. But again, forumites. I think we should support Sancho 100%  as  the Minister of Sport.  When election time come, allyuh go make  up allyuh own minds.

Election eh have to come for us to make up our minds. I living here and seeing the nonesense live and in colour.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2015, 02:21:35 PM »
I have lost all respect for Sancho. All this shows is that he is an opportunist and it makes me wonder if this was part of the deal when he accepted money from this Gov't. The mere fact that he associates with these people, who lack any sort of moral compunction states a lot about he as a person. Those of you who say he can help with football are living in lala land as there are 7 months or less left for an election. All budgets have been assigned for the year so all he is there to do is sign off and make the gov't look as if it is inclusive of non-Hindus.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2015, 03:08:27 PM »
I have lost all respect for Sancho. All this shows is that he is an opportunist and it makes me wonder if this was part of the deal when he accepted money from this Gov't. The mere fact that he associates with these people, who lack any sort of moral compunction states a lot about he as a person. Those of you who say he can help with football are living in lala land as there are 7 months or less left for an election. All budgets have been assigned for the year so all he is there to do is sign off and make the gov't look as if it is inclusive of non-Hindus.

While he may be an opportunist - if he improves the quality and does his job in a suitable fashion then what is the problem? I think firing the guys who weren't performing and hiring new ones with potential to fulfill the duties ahead of them is the right thing to do - recognizing and dealing with the situation is decent administration. The guys that held the position had alot of time to improve but didn't - so they were replaced.

I think alot of people here are in for a rude awakening if a new administration is appointed, if you think things are bad now, buckle up because it can be way worse.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2015, 03:29:49 PM »

MEP, I agree with your point also. I had not really looked at budget assignments. It truly makes some sense. But for argument sake. What if PNM was in power and Patos or Rowley had offered the portfolio to him. Would you have called Sancho an opportunist. Was Ato an opportunist when he took the position for PM Panday.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »
By the way 3 pages already for this thread!!!

1]; } ?>