April 19, 2024, 04:47:42 AM

Author Topic: Brent Sancho Thread  (Read 50547 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking News: Brent Sancho is the new Minister of Sport
« Reply #150 on: February 04, 2015, 02:01:09 PM »
ok so thats not u quoting yourself?.. can't blame me for editing anything lmao! i hadda arks b.c iz bakes we talkin bout here yuh know :D

It should be evident to anybody who has completed primary school that the quotation was not mine.  Not only that, you didn't "arks" anything... instead like ah ass yuh decide to jump to conclusions talking about who I remind you of.

buh why u quoting ppl without proper linkage my dere .. huneybunch sugar plumage.

i know why.. u want to confuse me! is a setup!

PS: i failed common entrance b.c the teacher name was bakes.

i gone yes.. everytime me and bakes having fun ppl does get demoted etc lmao  :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 02:05:15 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 04, 2015, 02:06:07 PM »
buh why u quoting ppl without proper linkage my dere .. huneybunch sugar plumage.

i know why.. u want to confuse me! is a setup!

The link is right there in the post, along with quotation marks and italics... how much more help you need?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 04, 2015, 02:07:59 PM »
oh iz ah quote from facebook.. nah man.. dat just not right !!!

seriously though what i would do is take a screenshot and then post the image b.c it really looking like u posted that comment eh bakes.. no lie.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 02:10:50 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 04, 2015, 03:21:21 PM »
The fact that Sancho has chosen to join a political party that may not be returned to power,tells me he is a silly boy,why couldn't he wait and fraternize with the PNM,assuming they win.Maybe he knows something we don't,one thing though,KPB has acted proper by sacking anyone who has acted underhand,good for her.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 04, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »
Discussion about Sancho's appointment going on right now on the Sunshine Hour on Street FM at this link: http://www.thestreet919fm.com/

Tune in now!!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 04, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
Let me help you ....He works for Central FC ...Central FC is sponsored by SIS....who gets the major contracts from this government?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 04, 2015, 04:59:13 PM »
Let me help you ....He works for Central FC ...Central FC is sponsored by SIS....who gets the major contracts from this government?

People now starting to make the connection.  I pointed this out about 8 months ago... the fact that SIS was the principal sponsor of both the PP and Central FC by itself is not an issue.  What was problematic was his antagonistic stance towards the FA and the government's own convoluted role in that antagonism... to the extent that they contributed to the TTFA's problems.  Then they turn around and pay these players... rather than give the money to the FA, directly pay the players... that is a huge issue.

A woman name Juliet just call in and make some real cogent points:  "You as a young man with a degree, that degree comes with an implication of integrity.  So when you see corruption, and you gone and stamp your seal of approval on that corruption, it says a lot about that young man."

Forget about the whole "degree means yuh have integrity" thing... we know that's not the case... but regardless, the ties to SIS, the clear corruption in this government, and you run in there grinning like you win de lotto... Sambo Sancho showing he real colors and he getting tear apart (he and Alonso) for aligning with this government.  A number of callers talk about how it likely that the PP will put Sancho to stand against Warner... and that they could never vote for him because of what they now perceive as a lack of integrity on his part.  He seriously miscalculate... no matter how FS and elan want to spin it.

The hosts of the show going too far by focusing on the own goal vs. Paraguay though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:29:21 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 04, 2015, 05:09:15 PM »
Just like when yuh pardna hire he fadda and it had no conflict ah interest because he is a big goalkeeper coach. Daiz not nepotism, that smart decisions.

Me eh spinning nutten where you see that. I glad for Sancho. Full stop. I see absolutely nutten wrong. If he succeeds fair play, if he fails is he losing sleep not me.

It happens all around the world where ppl connected to a company walk away and take up a position where you can point to a conflict of interest.

How much work Halliburton get in Iraq and Afghanistan.

And Finally I doh tote feeling for man. Especially man I doh know. Hard luck they with the projection.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »
I sure I have a link somewhere to a newspaper article or two or three or four where Sancho well waste down this PM and Government definitely in the first two years of their reign.

Now he want to play "yes Prime Minister"?  Firetruck Sancho yes!!!  He on shit!!!!

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :puking: :puking: :puking: :bs: :bs: :bs:

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2015, 05:27:17 PM »
Just like when yuh pardna hire he fadda and it had no conflict ah interest because he is a big goalkeeper coach. Daiz not nepotism, that smart decisions.

Me eh spinning nutten where you see that. I glad for Sancho. Full stop. I see absolutely nutten wrong. If he succeeds fair play, if he fails is he losing sleep not me.

It happens all around the world where ppl connected to a company walk away and take up a position where you can point to a conflict of interest.

And Finally I doh tote feeling for man. Especially man I doh know. Hard luck they with the projection.

elan the more you talk the bigger sycophant you revealing yuhself to be.  First off Lincoln Phillips is a legend, both as a player and as a coach... so it's not like there was no merit to his hiring.  If there was any nepotism it wasn't because my "pardna" as yuh put it hire him, but because Lincoln Phillips' pardna, Randy Waldrum hire him.  Waldrum took the TTFA job for free in large part because of his relationship with LP, so even if yuh want to spin it that LP was unqualified for the position that is on the coach who picked his staff, not on the FA.  Of course the nepotism talk is utter rubbish, but that's not surprising given the source.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:34:05 PM by Bakes »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2015, 06:06:46 PM »
Bakes -
rather than give the money to the FA, directly pay the players... that is a huge issue.
this is something I wondered about why give it directly that's taxpayers money.
Elan I'm surprised at you. I thought you were a smarter thinker than that. This Government is corrupt. There are no ifs ands or buts. For him to align himself with them is a disgrace. When things were going well they didn't want him...now that things are bad he is welcomed with open arms.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2015, 06:31:19 PM »
Bakes -... why give it directly that's taxpayers money.

MEP, not sure if this is the question you're asking... but they could have given it two ways, as a moral obligation to pay off the debt that the man who bought the election for them, arguably with money stolen from the FA... OR, simply as part of th regular disbursement to the FA as a sporting body.  Is how many times the FA ask them for help with resolving the issue?  There are ways to justify it either way you look.  Giving it to the players directly... how could they ever justify that... if not on the same moral obligation grounds?  Except this way they try to buy some PR by tugging on the heartstrings of the public.  Same thing they did with the CFU payments... promise to pay the salaries, then don't pay it, wait for the TTFA to get blamed by Kenwyne and others, approve the money for payment, but instead of having the FA pay them, call a big pappyshow at the PM's residence so that the press and public could see Kamla handing over check.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2015, 07:00:44 PM »
Taking SIS money and being a member of this government is different story. If SIS say that is the only way to get the money then you tell them NO THANKS. So you know SIS is an agent of the government and they using you to be visible that bad enough but your club needs funds so you play along.

You agree to be the MOS and you will go after Jack. You do not think that the missing money will be found at Rienzi? Will you be allowed to connect the dots assuming that you get to the 1st dot?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2015, 07:14:50 PM »
Man gone in the jeps nest too... Ministry of Sports/ Lifesport and all that.

Arguably the most corrupt and deceitful administration that has ever governed this land and Sancho and Alfonso run in there with open arms.

The sad thing about it being their appointments being nothing more than attempts to distract the population from the very serious allegations of misconduct facing the AG. The first AG to be facing criminal charges.

Steups....You really allow yourself to be a pawn in this game bai....In this day and age? Cut ur locks too cause ur shaming us rastas.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2015, 08:00:47 PM »
It could be that at the moment Sancho has no political ambitions and simply intends to serve for a time as asked to.
As somebody pointed out before, joining this sinking ship so late in the term is political suicide.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2015, 08:47:17 PM »
This thing have me singing "bakanal and a million gyurl, oooh aha ah love bakanal"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2015, 09:39:19 PM »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »
Come nah man, Bauer. That image on page 3 of this thread.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2015, 09:58:31 PM »
 :cursing:  :rotfl: :banginghead: few days well I trying to figure out how to upload it

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2015, 02:17:58 AM »
:cursing:  :rotfl: :banginghead: few days well I trying to figure out how to upload it

:heehee: :heehee:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2015, 02:59:31 AM »
Minister Sancho focuses on new venues.
T&T Express Reports.

In one of his first official meetings since being appointed Minister of Sport, Senator Brent Sancho reviewed plans yesterday morning for the opening of the three national venues for cycling, tennis and aquatics with executives of each of the respective National Governing Bodies (NGBs).

The meeting was also attended by outgoing Minister of Sport, Dr. Rupert Griffith. Each NGB has outlined a schedule of events to coincide with the opening of each mega facility. The events are designed to showcase the talent within the various disciplines, promote Trinidad and Tobago as a destination as well as market the modern facilities which will be accessible to elite athletes, local, regional and international.

According to a release from the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Sportt) Minister Sancho was pleased with the progress being made in each discipline and was careful to impress upon the executives the need to get value for money. He also was keen to learn about opportunities to secure investment from the private sector, for these events and beyond, so as to wean the NGBs off their heavy reliance on state funding.

Minister Sancho further stressed the need to increase participation in sports and improve the level of adjudication, officiating and use of timing and other technical systems so that future hosting of events may be driven by local expertise. Comprehensive training programmes in these areas will take place prior to opening of the facilities, the release stated.

Minister Sancho will conduct private site visits to each of the new national facilities over the weekend.
The National Cycling Velodrome in Couva and National Tennis Centre in Tacarigua are scheduled to be completed in June while the National Aquatics Centre, also in Couva, is due to come on stream in July/August.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2015, 11:04:50 AM »
T&T Express Reports.

In one of his first official meetings since being appointed Minister of Sport, Senator Brent Sancho reviewed plans yesterday morning for the opening of the three national venues for cycling, tennis and aquatics with executives of each of the respective National Governing Bodies (NGBs).

The meeting was also attended by outgoing Minister of Sport, Dr. Rupert Griffith. Each NGB has outlined a schedule of events to coincide with the opening of each mega facility. The events are designed to showcase the talent within the various disciplines, promote Trinidad and Tobago as a destination as well as market the modern facilities which will be accessible to elite athletes, local, regional and international.

According to a release from the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Sportt) Minister Sancho was pleased with the progress being made in each discipline and was careful to impress upon the executives the need to get value for money. He also was keen to learn about opportunities to secure investment from the private sector, for these events and beyond, so as to wean the NGBs off their heavy reliance on state funding.

Minister Sancho further stressed the need to increase participation in sports and improve the level of adjudication, officiating and use of timing and other technical systems so that future hosting of events may be driven by local expertise. Comprehensive training programmes in these areas will take place prior to opening of the facilities, the release stated.

Minister Sancho will conduct private site visits to each of the new national facilities over the weekend.
The National Cycling Velodrome in Couva and National Tennis Centre in Tacarigua are scheduled to be completed in June while the National Aquatics Centre, also in Couva, is due to come on stream in July/August.

Uh oh. Mistake number one. There have been some late payments to the contractors and I heard from good sources that the aquatic centre, which was originally due to be opened in May is not going to be opened before October November. Notice they pushed the may date back to August already. The non-payment wasn't on his watch, but by the same token, Griffith had little control over it either. Drop in oil prices threatening to stagnate progress on may projects right now. That is the ketch-ass for him, he coming in when economy is at an uncomfortable place, and all the talk already about disbursing funds on time could well be his undoing due to a back squeeze from Ministry of Finance.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2015, 11:18:37 AM »
T&T Express Reports.

Uh oh. Mistake number one. There have been some late payments to the contractors and I heard from good sources that the aquatic centre, which was originally due to be opened in May is not going to be opened before October November. Notice they pushed the may date back to August already. The non-payment wasn't on his watch, but by the same token, Griffith had little control over it either. Drop in oil prices threatening to stagnate progress on may projects right now. That is the ketch-ass for him, he coming in when economy is at an uncomfortable place, and all the talk already about disbursing funds on time could well be his undoing due to a back squeeze from Ministry of Finance.

Well beyond that, these facility projects too far along for him to really impact ($$$ woes aside); contracts already signed, funds supposedly budgeted & allocated, palms already greased and hand over is supposed to happen this year. He can't walk in there and cancel plans, alter budgets or even fire contractors. As regards these things he's the project manager making sure they delivered on time.

In the few months he has, he should really ensure that there are strong programs in place to take advantage of these facilities and encourage people to get involved in these sports. Not sure to what extent there were plans in place for this, but he can be the man to make sure it exists and is realistic.  The facilities are a sunk cost and they are here, so the time to debate whether we should have built them is gone. Time to maximize what exists and put a structure in place so that they don't end up overgrown with trees and watermelons.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:22:18 AM by grimm01 »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2015, 11:30:47 AM »

elan the more you talk the bigger sycophant you revealing yuhself to be.  First off Lincoln Phillips is a legend, both as a player and as a coach... so it's not like there was no merit to his hiring.  If there was any nepotism it wasn't because my "pardna" as yuh put it hire him, but because Lincoln Phillips' pardna, Randy Waldrum hire him.  Waldrum took the TTFA job for free in large part because of his relationship with LP, so even if yuh want to spin it that LP was unqualified for the position that is on the coach who picked his staff, not on the FA.  Of course the nepotism talk is utter rubbish, but that's not surprising given the source.

Me, sycophant, again with the projection. I don't have Sancho Phone number in my phone or know about he wife or he business. I don't have the GS of the TTFA on speed dial or on whatsapp.

I never even see Sancho play football in person.

I am not the person who defend every :bs: that the TTFA do.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2015, 12:56:37 PM »

Me, sycophant, again with the projection. I don't have Sancho Phone number in my phone or know about he wife or he business. I don't have the GS of the TTFA on speed dial or on whatsapp.

Sycophant, like I said.  Try yuh best and spin it however yuh want yuh can't run from it.  The inanity of your response reveals as much.  This has gone from a half-ass defense of the indefensible to yet another thinly-veiled complaint about "Bakes" and he "defense" of the TTFA.  I too doh have nobody in the TTFA on my phone (far less speed dial), or even on WhatsApp, but don't let facts get in the way of your over active imagination.  Continue to tell us how great a thing this is that Sancho is doing for the country... and why we should feel honored  ::)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »
Let me ask a serious question. Can it be considered unpatriotic to turn down an offer by a prime minister to serve in his/her administration? I wonder if people feel forced to take up posts when the pm calls..

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2015, 01:30:23 PM »

Sycophant, like I said.  Try yuh best and spin it however yuh want yuh can't run from it.  The inanity of your response reveals as much.  This has gone from a half-ass defense of the indefensible to yet another thinly-veiled complaint about "Bakes" and he "defense" of the TTFA.  I too doh have nobody in the TTFA on my phone (far less speed dial), or even on WhatsApp, but don't let facts get in the way of your over active imagination.  Continue to tell us how great a thing this is that Sancho is doing for the country... and why we should feel honored  ::)

Defense. Why should I have to defend Sancho? Where you see me post anything thing about what Sancho doing for he country or I feel honored. Even if I did so what? Don't let facts get in yuh way. Make it up as yuh go along.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »
I just wonder,how many sporting personalities in TT would have refused the job as Minister of Sport,and as bad as I hear the UNC have been ,I suspect the PNM is no better at the moment,there seems to be quite some in-fighting in the party.The PNM don't appear to be the united cohesive force it once was,chances are they could be no better or could even be worse.You cannot help but give credit to KPB for some actions she has taken against some members of her party,she has acted with principle,something that is not known in politics.
My feelings about Sancho is,he thinks the UNC will be returned to power because,there is no doubt KPB and the UNC have done quite a bit to improve the lives of many,it is visible.If the UNC wins,Sancho will be the Minister of Sport,I expect he will get regular cuss,just like JW got when he was a UNC government Minister.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
^^^^^ :yapping: :yapping: :yapping: :yapping: :yapping: :yapping: :yapping: :puking:

1]; } ?>