April 27, 2024, 02:21:07 AM

Author Topic: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread (round 2).  (Read 29566 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread.
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
Any results .....linx.......or anything...... even ah radio..... st lucia sucks not even a single radio coverage stueppssss.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:31:10 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »
Any results .....linx.......or anything...... even ah radio..... st lucia sucks not even a redio coverage stueppssss.
Only French radio.

Dominican Republic 1 - 1 Martinique match now over.
Saint Vincent beat Curacao 4-0 which I believe means they are through to the next round (could well end up in T&T's group)

Second matches underway, Guyana up 1-0 over Saint Lucia.  Guadeloupe 1 - 0 Puerto Rico only a few minutes in.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:49:07 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
Any results .....linx.......or anything...... even ah radio..... st lucia sucks not even a redio coverage stueppssss.
Only French radio.

Dominican Republic 1 - 1 Martinique match now over.
Saint Vincent beat Curacao 4-0 which I believe means they are through to the next round (could well end up in T&T's group)

Second matches underway, Guyana up 1-0 over Saint Lucia.  Guadeloupe 1 - 0 Puerto Rico only a few minutes in.
Look like guyana making ah late run and three teams would end up with 6 points in that group, guyana (providing the results remain the same), and st vincent and st lucia already have 6 points so it will come down to goal difference.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2012, 07:06:29 PM »
Look like guyana making ah late run and three teams would end up with 6 points in that group, guyana (providing the results remain the same), and st vincent and st lucia already have 6 points so it will come down to goal difference.
Guadeloupe 3 - 0 Puerto Rico.  Guyana 3 - 0 Saint Lucia around half time!  If this result hold Guyana would go through at Saint Lucia's expense and would be in T&T's group.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 25, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
Guadeloupe 3 - 0 Puerto Rico.  Guyana 3 - 0 Saint Lucia around half time!  If this result hold Guyana would go through at Saint Lucia's expense and would be in T&T's group.
St lucia real shit down deh self dey man! i wanted guyana tuh get beat out and  kinda wanted st vincent in our group rather than guyana.  st lucia must mount ah come back or maybe guyana could put up @ least three more on the board to win the group.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »
St lucia real shit down deh self dey man! i wanted guyana tuh get beat out and  kinda wanted st vincent in our group rather than guyana.  st lucia must mount ah come back or maybe guyana could put up @ least three more on the board to win the group.
One goal for Saint Lucia would change it, must be getting late in the match now.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »
So:

Group 2:
Curacao 0 - 4 Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Saint Lucia 0 - 3 Guyana (T&T will face Guyana)

Group 7:
Dominican Republic 1 - 1 Martinique
Guadeloupe 4 - 1 Puerto Rico
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:36:30 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »
Trin-Guy clash. The new Old Firm.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »
That was fackin weird, st lucia won the first two games and went into this last game the group leader with 5+ points with st vincent and guyana both on three points with losses and a 0 goal average and st lucia blew that! all they needed was a goal or two, even if they lost.

now that we have guyana cuba and surinam in our group, the only team we could afford to lose to is cuba, which mean we have to beat surinam and guyana mercilessly! i don't believe guyana is ah better team than us, but we have to teach them a lesson and not encourage a grenada precedent.

ah hope baba get to have some more of the overseas based like hyland, roberts and maybe jones could join in since he not sweatin @ stoke.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:57:43 PM by just cool »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »
That was fackin weird, st lucia won first two games and went into this last game the group leader with 5+ points with st vincent and guyana both on three points with losses and a 0 goal average and st lucia blew that! all they needed was a goal or two, even if the loss.

now that we have guyana cuba and surinam in our group, the only team we could afford to lose to is cuba, which mean we have to beat surinam and guyana mercilessly! i don't believe guyana is ah better team than us, but we have to teach them a lesson and not encourage a grenada precedent.

ah hope baba get to have some more of the overseas based like hyland, roberts and maybe jones could join in since he not sweatin @ stoke.
Cuba were absolutely terrible in World Cup Qualifying and lost a few players to defections.  Suriname are always very hit and miss.  Interesting Saint Lucia's coach was also nicknamed Baba.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
I really don't like the idea of guyana in our group, like i said before, they are a spirit fackin team, they did the same thing to haiti in the last qualifying in trinidad where they beat haiti out for the last spot to go to the degicel cup final and now st lucia.

i also resent that phoney shabazz and that pr!ck criss nurse who was going on about how they were better than us and how they should have beaten us, i never forgot his remarks.

i hope this rime we put ah big dent their arses and not take them lightly as we did in the encounter in guyana.

as for cuba, they are a very good team, no matter if they bummed in the WCQ, remember they were up against better opposition, panama , canada and honduras is nothing to sneeze at.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:57:05 PM by just cool »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2012, 03:40:48 AM »
ah hope we demoralize that guyanese team, and shut shabazzz up once and for alll he stink terrorist munddderc*&t
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2012, 06:08:45 AM »
ah hope we demoralize that guyanese team, and shut shabazzz up once and for alll he stink terrorist munddderc*&t
Our football always up an dong,when we expect win we get lorse especially wid de homeboys,lets hope we get some ah de farriners fuh dem mud slingers an shut dem up for a while.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2012, 06:40:53 AM »
Right now TT can't demoralize anybody unless that country send they school boy team. We just need to work on the homeboys, because we not getting the Euro foreigners for the Carib. tournament. The guys who playing in the MLS whose team not in the playoffs will probably be  available.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
I think  Concacaf.com got it wrong, they claimed that Guyana won the group and St. Vincent will fall in Trinidad group while Guyana will join Haiti, Grenada, French Guyana

http://www.concacaf.com/page/GoldCup/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2961469,00.html

The final standings is as followed:

St. Vincent 6 pts  + 4 goals
Guyana 6 pts.  + 3 goals
St Lucia  6 pts  + 2 goals
Curacao +6 , -9 goals

Guyana can't finish first because St. Vincent earn the tie-breaker. Even if St. Vincent and Guyana were to finish with the same number of goals, St. Vincent would of still won the group because they had won 2-1 against Guyana. They own the tie-breaker advantage
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:23:35 PM by truehaitian »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »
Puerto Rico 0 - 1 Dominican Republic at the half.  That would send DR through.

Have to say current and former Pro League players have left their mark on recent matches.  Faņa has been Dominican Republic's best player, Cornelius Stewart played a massive part in sending Saint Vincent through, while Guyana had Vurlon Mills and Gregory Richardson who both scored three goals in three matches, also featured Charles Pollard, Trayon Bobb, and Walter Moore.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
Puerto Rico 0 - 1 Dominican Republic at the half.  That would send DR through.

Have to say current and former Pro League players have left their mark on recent matches.  Faņa has been Dominican Republic's best player, Cornelius Stewart played a massive part in sending Saint Vincent through, while Guyana had Vurlon Mills and Gregory Richardson who both scored three goals in three matches, also featured Charles Pollard, Trayon Bobb, and Walter Moore.
If we own players put in the performance that those other Caribbean boys are putting in then we could do much better.We giving them the training to beat we but that shouldn't happen coz we better than them,ah doh mean that in a nasty way.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2012, 05:08:28 PM »
If we own players put in the performance that those other Caribbean boys are putting in then we could do much better.We giving them the training to beat we but that shouldn't happen coz we better than them,ah doh mean that in a nasty way.
Dominican Republic won 3-1, they are through to the final round.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »
2-2 right now between Guadeloupe and Martinique, was expecting an entertaining match and it hasn't let me down yet.

Finished 3-3, very exciting match.  Martinique through though.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:05:47 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
2-2 right now between Guadeloupe and Martinique, was expecting an entertaining match and it hasn't let me down yet.

Did you watch the match?? whos group is martinique in, JA's group or ATB?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »

Did you watch the match?? whos group is martinique in, JA's group or ATB?

I listened to it then watched some of the replay.  I don't know which group they are in the final round, they finished second in their group.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Round 2 schedules
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »

http://www.concacaf.com/page/GoldCup/NewsDetail/0,,12813~2965076,00.html

KINGSTON, Jamaica - Eight-time champion Trinidad & Tobago will open its bid for another Caribbean Cup title against St. Vincent & the Grenadines when Group 6 of the second round of qualifying begins November 14.

The Caribbean Football Union released the schedules for Groups 6 and 8 on Tuesday, with both groups to be played November 14-18. Trinidad will host Group 6 at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, while Grenada will stage Group 8 in St. George's.

Seeded side Cuba is joined by Trinidad, St. Vincent and Suriname, while host Grenada will face Guyana, French Guyana and Haiti.

Two teams from each group will advance to the finals with host Antigua & Barbuda, two-time defending champion Jamaica as well as Group 7 qualifiers Martinique and the Dominican Republic in December.

CFU Caribbean Cup
Second Round
All times U.S. Eastern (Local times in parentheses)
Group 6
At Bacolet, Trinidad
Wednesday, November 14
Cuba vs. Suriname, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Trinidad & Tobago vs. St. Vincent & the Grenadines, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Friday, November 16
St. Vincent & the Grenadines vs. Cuba, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Suriname, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Sunday, November 18
Suriname vs. St. Vincent & the Grenadines, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Cuba, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Group 8
At St. George's, Grenada
Wednesday, November 14
Haiti vs. Guyana, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Grenada vs. French Guyana, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Friday, November 16
French Guyana vs. Haiti, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Grenada vs. Guyana, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Sunday, November 18
Guyana vs. French Guyana, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Grenada vs. Haiti, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »
Well I don't know how T&T avoided Guyana there, they must have gone by head-to-head.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2012, 09:37:29 AM »
Well I don't know how T&T avoided Guyana there, they must have gone by head-to-head.
Worm, that all local and MLS guyanaese team woulda get their arses handed to them. remember the guyana team that beat us had @ least 4 english players and they were the ones that hurt us, ala leon cort and rickey shakes.

the last degicel preliminary round had guyana st vincent and haiti and we beat all three very easily  adn with an all local team. the only team that gives me the willies iz cuba, i believe if we are well prepared we could handle these regional teams.

next round i will be very nervous especially if we go with an all local team. i believe this time we @ least need a carlos or a kenwyne in the final round. maybe this time darryl roberts , hyland and peltier will be added, though i believe that houton hector is way better and more valuable a player and goal threat than hyland.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »
"According to FIFA's Article 2.3" ...Here is how Guyana ends up finishing first

In the event that teams are tied on points at the end of the Group Stage, the following tie-breaker criteria shall be applied, in order, to determine the ranking of the teams.

- Greater number of points earned in matches between the teams concerned
- Greater goal difference in matches between the teams concerned
..."
The result of the last place team(i.e Curacao) was dropped based of FIFA's rulling..The 4-0 win against Curacao for St Vincent did not count..5-1 win for St Lucia and 2-1 for Guyana against Curacao did not count..

After the Curacao results were deleted and only games between the top 3  finishers count, we have

Guyana  6 points + 2 goal

St Vincent 6 Points + 0 goals

St Lucia 6 points,  -2 goals
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:07:11 AM by truehaitian »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
Truehaitina, you is a real mathematician. Are related to to True Mathematics who went to Howard U. I am not joking, that was the guy real name.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2012, 12:02:59 AM »
Anyone knows if nov 14th fall on the international break? i think i saw where it might be, but not really sure.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »
According to the calender it says the 14th is a match day, but according to EPL fixtures it's not.

FIFA Calendar

Events
    Meetings

Events
All dates of the meetings are subject to change and updated versions will be published throughout the year
28 October - 11 November   AFRICA > 2012 > African Women's Championship 2012   Equatorial Guinea
01-18 November   FIFA Futsal World Cup Thailand 2012   Thailand
14 November   Friendly match day   
01 December   Official FCC Draw   Brazil
06-16 December   FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2012
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Time   Home       Away   TV   Venue
5:00 ET    South Korea     v     Australia       Hwaseong Stadium
6:35 ET    China     v     New Zealand       Hongkou Stadium
TBD    Andorra     v     Iceland       Estadi Comunal de Aixovall
TBD    Armenia     v     Lithuania       Republican Stadium
TBD    Bulgaria     v     Ukraine       Vassil Levski Stadion
TBD    Israel     v     Belarus       Ramat Gan Stadium
11:30 ET    Czech Republic     v     Slovakia       Andruv Stadium
12:00 ET    Cyprus     v     Finland       Neo GSP Stadium
1:00 ET    Hungary     v     Norway       Ferenc Szusza Stadium
1:00 ET    Liechtenstein     v     Malta       Rheinpark Stadion
1:00 ET    Saudi Arabia     v     Argentina       King Fahd International Stadium
2:00 ET    Chile     v     Serbia       AFG Arena
2:30 ET    Austria     v     Ivory Coast       Linzer Stadium
2:45 ET    Ireland     v     Greece       Aviva Stadium
3:00 ET    Turkey     v     Denmark       Turk Telekom Arena
7:30 ET    Brazil     v     Colombia       
10:00 ET Russia  v  United States Kuban Stadium 2:00 ET Italy  v  France TBC 2:00 ET Luxembourg  v  Scotland Josy-Barthel FT Romania 0-0 Belgium National Arena (55,000) 2:00 ET Sweden  v  England Friends Arena FT Poland 0-1 Uruguay PGE Arena Gdansk (35,000) FT Panama 2-2 Spain Estadio Rommel Fernandez (30,000)
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Time   Home       Away   TV   Venue
7:00 ET    Argentina     v
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:33:52 AM by just cool »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2012, 05:25:12 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/z8xx_L0K5fM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/z8xx_L0K5fM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2012, 10:37:16 AM »
wait nah guyana is sum big freeking team allyuh sttudying how we avoiding them ? wah di f**k really wrong wid allyuh fellas boi.. allyuh smoking mi weed or what.. Let we worry bout Jamaica nah man ,forget guyana .. guyana is a freeking shit squad .. dont lemme hear bout guyana and football again .. this is the last time I go mention guyana and football in the same sentence..

war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>