April 25, 2024, 09:31:14 PM

Author Topic: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread (round 2).  (Read 29533 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Caribbean Cup Thread.
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »
Warmonga- I concur. It use to be Bermuda, now is Guyana. Somebody smoking funny things.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CFU releases second-round group schedules
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
CFU releases second-round group schedules
CONCACAF.com

Eight-time champion Trinidad & Tobago will open its bid for another Caribbean Cup title against St. Vincent & the Grenadines when Group 6 of the second round of qualifying begins November 14.

The Caribbean Football Union released the schedules for Groups 6 and 8 on Tuesday, with both groups to be played November 14-18. Trinidad will host Group 6 at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, while Grenada will stage Group 8 in St. George's.

Seeded side Cuba is joined by Trinidad, St. Vincent and Suriname, while host Grenada will face Guyana, French Guyana and Haiti.

Two teams from each group will advance to the finals with host Antigua & Barbuda, two-time defending champion Jamaica as well as Group 7 qualifiers Martinique and the Dominican Republic in December.

CFU Caribbean Cup
Second Round
All times U.S. Eastern (Local times in parentheses)
Group 6
At Bacolet, Trinidad
Wednesday, November 14

Cuba vs. Suriname, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Trinidad & Tobago vs. St. Vincent & the Grenadines, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Friday, November 16
St. Vincent & the Grenadines vs. Cuba, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Suriname, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Sunday, November 18
Suriname vs. St. Vincent & the Grenadines, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Trinidad & Tobago vs. Cuba, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Group 8
At St. George's, Grenada
Wednesday, November 14

Haiti vs. Guyana, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Grenada vs. French Guyana, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Friday, November 16
French Guyana vs. Haiti, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Grenada vs. Guyana, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)
Sunday, November 18
Guyana vs. French Guyana, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)
Grenada vs. Haiti, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »
Guy has plenty of their players living and play
Warmonga- I concur. It use to be Bermuda, now is Guyana. Somebody smoking funny things.
Plenty of their players living in TT. Plus Shabazz is their coach. And they play TT almost every month. familiarity with TT breaths success.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:59:46 PM by Deeks »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »
I'm happy the games are in Tobago. Long overdue.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »
I'm happy the games are in Tobago. Long overdue.

Could not agree more.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
Guy has plenty of their players living and play
ing in TT. Plus Shabazz is their coach. And they play almost every month. familiarity with TT breaths success.
Ain't no body scared of guyana!! warmonger just being facetious, it's not like these countries in the region playing with all home bred players as before.

these countries running to france and england for foreign born players with ah grand mudda or ah grand fardder who once spend ah six weeks in the country and that makes them eligible to play for them, like bigmag used to say "send for more britz" now it's send for more frenchmen britz and dutchmen.

we have to expect now that when we go into regional tourneys we will be coming up against the likes of pascal chimbonda and florent malouda's brother.

the days of going up against home grown talent is over, bc them fellas sending out for eropean help, and how de hell our local inexperienced pro league youngster could compete with the likes of seasoned 2nd tier french and english players?

we can't keep going to these tournaments with the inexperienced lads. yuh think we won 8 titles with an all local squad? hell no! we had dwight, latas, nakid, marcelle and lewis in the mix and we have to come back to that.

the last two degicel cup that jamaica won they fielded ah majority MLS squad with ah few scandinavian based players in the fold, and we went to the last two degicel cups with a predominant local squad.

the last degicel appearance we also fielded a very weak team filled with rookies and and three MLS players, K. daniel, j.james and y.marshall and one USL players in jaggy, the rest was locals who was wet behind the ears with very little to first timers on the international scene, molino, peltier, marshall, gay, cupid, hector, winchester, daniel cyrus, and jovin jones.

so yeh i hesitant of guyana, bc they will come with their best players, and we coming with an all local quad when instead we should be made to follow suit.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:39:36 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2012, 10:02:27 PM »
Guyana gives me the creeps, just like grenada, fackin spirit teams.
Ain't no body scared of guyana!! warmonger just being facetious, it's not like these countries in the region playing with all home bred players as before.
:whistling:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »
Breds, guyana is ah lucky team and we have to be weary of them especially when they field a strong team, right now you taking what i said out of context.

war was saying that we're acting shook where guyana and these monows are concerned, and i'm telling him we are not, but @ the same time we can't take them lightly either especially since these teams are getting the services of foreign bred players giving them the edge over our local inexperienced wet behind the ears rookies.

i'll be the first to tell yuh tuh never to take these smaller nations lightly. but i'm not scared to sh!ts of them either, just vigilant.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:13:55 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2012, 02:22:12 AM »
Breds, guyana is ah lucky team and we have to be weary of them especially when they field a strong team, right now you taking what i said out of context.

war was saying that we're acting shook where guyana and these monows are concerned, and i'm telling him we are not, but @ the same time we can't take them lightly either especially since these teams are getting the services of foreign bred players giving them the edge over our local inexperienced wet behind the ears rookies.

i'll be the first to tell yuh tuh never to take these smaller nations lightly. but i'm not scared to sh!ts of them either, just vigilant.

[/

d man rite. we trini's have a way of taking things for granted, and is get complacent. vigilance is a must.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Caribbean Cup semis at Dwight Yorke Stadium.
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2012, 04:08:53 AM »
Caribbean Cup semis at Dwight Yorke Stadium.
T&T Express Reports.

Eight-time champions Trinidad and Tobago will open its bid for another Caribbean Cup title against St Vincent and the Grenadines when Group Six of the second round of qualifying begins November 14.

T&T will host their group in Tobago at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, while Grenada will stage Group Eight in their capital city of St. George's. The top two finishers from each group will qualify for the eight-team Caribbean Cup finals to be held in Antigua and Barbuda. Already through to the December finals are hosts Antigua and Barbuda, defending champions Jamaica, Martinique and the Dominican Republic.

Both of the final two second-round qualifying groups will be played November 14-18. Seeded side Cuba will joined by T&T St. Vincent and Suriname in Group Six, while hosts Grenada will face Guyana, French Guyana and Haiti. T&T will open the series on November 14 against St Vincent, before meeting Suriname on November 16. They end qualifying on November 18 against the Cubans.

The T&T Football Federation (TTFF) has announced that the tickets for each day of action, priced at TT$40 (covered) and TT$20 uncovered stands at Dwight Yorke Stadium and will be sold on matchday at the venue. The TTFF is also hopeful of drumming up sufficient support that will see the fans turn out as the twelfth man to support the team in its journey forward to the Caribbean Cups Finals in Antigua in December, and subsequently the CONCACAF Gold Cup next year.

Midfielder Densill Theobald, currently in training with the team under head coach Hutson Charles, added: "It's a good opportunity for us to play in from of our home fans. I think the country at large is eager to see the boys do well and they want to be part of it.

"We are quite pleased to see the prices also which means that it's reasonable enough for the fans to show up in their numbers. It would be fantastic for us to play in front of a packed Dwight Yorke Stadium next month and I can assure you we are working hard to ensure we deliver the goods on the pitch," Theobald said.

CFU Caribbean Cup: (Second Round)

Group 6 [At Bacolet, Tobago]

Wednesday, November 14

Cuba vs. Suriname, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)

Trinidad & Tobago vs. St Vincent & the Grenadines, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Friday, November 16

St. Vincent & the Grenadines vs. Cuba, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)

Trinidad & Tobago vs. Suriname, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Sunday, November 18

Suriname vs. St Vincent & the Grenadines, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)

Trinidad & Tobago vs. Cuba, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Group 8 [At St. George's, Grenada]

Wednesday, November 14

Haiti vs. Guyana, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)

Grenada vs. French Guyana, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Friday, November 16

French Guyana vs. Haiti, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)

Grenada vs. Guyana, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

Sunday, November 18

Guyana vs. French Guyana, 5 p.m. (6 p.m.)

Grenada vs. Haiti, 7 p.m. (8 p.m.)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »
Well I wish they had done matches on alternating days, looks like it will be a very busy few days for me  :banginghead:

I wonder if they will broadcast the matches because they are in Tobago (I doubt it)?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
Well I wish they had done matches on alternating days, looks like it will be a very busy few days for me  :banginghead:

I wonder if they will broadcast the matches because they are in Tobago (I doubt it)?

I doubt it, was looking forward to seeing the games live but that is the one weekend that i can't go over to Tobago for the weekend.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »
Article in Dutch about Suriname (includes their squad)
http://www.natiosuriname.com/2012/11/jaliens-neemt-achttien-spelers-mee-naar.html

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2012, 10:27:41 AM »
Seems like Guyana have problems, they're missing some players because they couldn't afford to bring them in.  Other reports say the players quit due to a $12/day per diem.
http://propagandapress.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/guyana-football-federation-paying-12day-5-players-quit-team/

My predictions for tonight:

Cuba and Suriname draw
Haiti beat Guyana
T&T beat Saint Vincent
Grenada beat French Guiana
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:30:52 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:57 PM »
Seems like Guyana have problems, they're missing some players because they couldn't afford to bring them in.  Other reports say the players quit due to a $12/day per diem.
http://propagandapress.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/guyana-football-federation-paying-12day-5-players-quit-team/

Cuba and Suriname draw
Haiti beat Guyana
T&T beat Saint Vincent

Cuba and Suriname draw
Haiti beat Guyana
T&T beat Saint Vincent
Hey mr worm, any linx for any of the games, including the grenada game audio or video coverage?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cuban star Marcel Hernandez stuns Suriname in 5-0 thrashing
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
Magical Marcel dismantles Suriname
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Cuban attacker Marcel Hernandez lit the flame at the 2012 Caribbean Cup qualifying tournament tonight with an outstanding performance in a resounding 5-0 win for the Spanish-speaking islanders against Suriname at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago.
If communist Cuba espouses the importance of collectivism over individualism, Hernandez did not get the memo. Or maybe his exotic skills are just impossible to hide.
Either way, Cuban president Raúl Castro would be wise to give him an extra security detail. Scouts in the stands were salivating as the 23-year-old floated around the field and tore into the Suriname backline from all angles.
By the final whistle, Hernandez had scored four times and was also involved in the other item. He should have had a handful too.
Four minutes into the game, Hernandez collected the ball 40-yards from goal and dribbled straight past Suriname’s two holding midfielders and through a stunned defence to slot home. Inexplicably, Grenadian referee Valman Bedeau, on the advice of his assistant, ruled it out for offside.
Bedeau probably reasoned that Hernandez must have had help to execute such a dashing move.
No matter. Two minutes later, the Cuban maestro put the ball in the back of the net again with a crisp shot past Suriname goalkeeper and captain Ronny Aloema to open the score summary. And he doubled the advantage in the 36th minute with neat finish inside the opposing area after a right side corner kick.
The halftime interval brought only temporary relief. Hernandez dribbled Surinamese midfielder Stefan Baneti and bewitched two more defenders before delivering a raking left side cross that Aloema could only palm into the path of the onrushing Ariel Martinez. Martinez produced an assured finish for Cuba’s third.
Read more:
http://www.wired868.com/2012/11/14/magical-marcel-dismantles-suriname/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cuban star Marcel Hernandez stuns Suriname in 5-0 thrashing
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2012, 06:04:31 AM »
Scouts from where?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »
Several Pro League clubs were on the lookout for talent. It would not be unusual if there were some North American scouts too.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2012, 08:02:00 AM »
Posted by: asylumseeker
« on: Today at 06:04:31 AM » Insert Quote
Scouts from where?

From Boyscout headquarters in St. Ann's

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2012, 08:24:05 AM »
Several Pro League clubs were on the lookout for talent. It would not be unusual if there were some North American scouts too.

I'd think they'd want to wait until the Finals in Antigua when all the best talent would be on show.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
I assure you that they would happily take this boy right now and skip the finals. When you see a player of quality, you know it immediately.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2012, 02:00:30 PM »
Scouts scout low and high. Going to Antigua is a no-brainer, but recall the focus is on individual talent so tracking non-finals competition is also not unheard of. 

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »
I assure you that they would happily take this boy right now and skip the finals. When you see a player of quality, you know it immediately.
you sure right there .. yuh nuh need no final fi see a good player .. 4 goals and a assist? shoo...looks like stardom written on dat . I hope he dnt deffect...

warmonga
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
Unless the Cuban gov't change policy, this guy eh going nowhere. Unless he defect......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2012, 06:29:37 PM »
Scouts from where?

...against Suriname, no less.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2012, 09:15:39 PM »
Does anyone have information on the  dates schedules and sites for this round of the playoffs in Antigua?
Thnaks

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »
Does anyone have information on the  dates schedules and sites for this round of the playoffs in Antigua?
Thnaks
In earlier reports they said that i starts on the 3rd through the 16th of december.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »
Thnaks
In earlier reports they said that i starts on the 3rd through the 16th of december.
Is this true or not, those in the know please respond.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2012, 04:13:21 PM »
Thnaks
Matches will be at Antigua Recreation Ground and Sir Vivian Richards Stadium.  Matches supposed to kick off on the 7th.

1]; } ?>