April 20, 2024, 01:38:54 AM

Author Topic: T&T Pro League graphics  (Read 5293 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who does your heart beat for?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
FS,
       I thought Connection is a central team since they are a Savonetta based team. So South has 2 teams. Connection and TTEC.

Well, they play most of their games at Manny Ramjohn in Marabella, and many of their youngsters are from South, so I feel they are a South team. As mentioned before, their catchment area could stretch to 20-30 miles, so I suppose it depends on your view. For instance, although T&TEC are based in the South, I think they get most support at Hasely Crawford and they really are a National entity rather than a community team, in my opinion. Police also are based in South, I believe, but they same applies. Truth is, I think only Joe Public could claim to play in their community, and maybe St Anns at a push.   

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 05:28:16 AM »
Flex, Good job on exposing these fools who come on the forum and brag without action.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=56008.msg787533#msg787533

Hey FS..... FYI, Lincoln Phillips was bringing Stoke City to T&T last year on most of their own cost and SPORTT turned it down.... furthermore, foreign teams will be willing to pay their way for preseason, we did it in the past, trust me some teams will do it.....

Why not point Shervaughan in our direction ? I have never heard of this person.

You said, As for coming over in April, I will let you know when fixtures are released...... well I have waited months for you to send me your roster etc... and still cant get it, I also sent you questions for an interview on certain players, still cant get that, I asked to have Sancho check his email in reference to the (Wise words from a few "esteemed football elders" Article) still cant get that, I've asked for to purchase a NE Stars shirt, you said it coming in two weeks, still cant get that.....so I wouldn't hold my breath...  lol...   

Forget blaming anyone, SPORTT, TTFF, TT Pro League, SSFL, The Zones and Super League need to put things behind them and work together... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sport Minister is a DEAD HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!....... I though Gary Hunt was bad.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:05:36 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »
my heart don't beat for any of these teams bc none of them rep where i come from, the closest would be caledonia or san juan but they still not my area :(

we need more teams that rep the area and have that grass roots following like in the past

So you want a team from exactly in your area. I would think Caledonia would be the team that would rep, Morvant, Beetham, lavantille, even belmont to a certain extent and East PoS.....no?

to a certain extent yes, but the majority of peeps from the edr in my area only support those teams because bleeder or hardest or another player from our area was on the team.... otherwise they say forget about that, we need more local teams in the area, there is no team in st joseph either, joe public is close but no cigar, so in reality none of them rep me, only some players who ply their trade for them.

the teams in the pro league on the whole are not representative of the population.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 12:39:04 PM »
my heart don't beat for any of these teams bc none of them rep where i come from, the closest would be caledonia or san juan but they still not my area :(

we need more teams that rep the area and have that grass roots following like in the past

Not sure where you're from, but if you want to emulate the British system, anything under 50 miles counts as local. My team, Gillingham was 30 miles away and for some people in places like Dover, they would travel around 60 miles.

Of course, theres the other extreme such as East London, where Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham and Leyton Orient are all in approx 5 mile radius, not counting Barnet and Dagenham. Many of my schoolfriends considered Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs to be their local teams, despite being 50 miles away and having to pass Gillingham, Charlton, Crystal Palace, Millwall and West Ham to get there. Obviously they wanted top class football, but to be fair, they would go to every home match and several away matches.

The real sell outs were the ManU & Liverpool fans who may not even get to see a home match but would maybe get to see their teams when they played in London. Although my family was from Liverpool and I lived there for 2 years when I went to college, they were my "top" team but it was Gills I would follow up and down the country.

The old joke used to be who wears a red and white scarf and comes from Essex? A Man Utd supporter!!

Point being, although I promote community football, you don't have to be living next to the stadium. I would regard Laventille, Morvant, Maritime up to Barataria as Caledonia's catchment area and the whole of PoS as St Anns. Jabloteh would command the EMR from Barataria up to St Augustine with Joe Public taking over from Tunapuna up to Trin City. North East could possibly claim Arima, particularly now they play at Larry Gomes and of course W.Conn rule the south. DF, T&TEC and Police are a bit tricky, but noboby can really claim Central, particularly Chaguanas. I think this is an ideal location for a new community club.

for the majority of edr residents, cale is not their team, that is a morvant team and we don't consider ourselves being from morvant, so it doesn't rep the majority and the few that do support is mainly because a player from the plannings or around the area is playing on the team, that is the main reason why support for the pro league is so weak, my mother's side is from st joseph and the closest team is joe public but guess what? same story there, all my family that play football in curepe, st joseph, maracus don't identify with joe public, because its not their team, the east london mentality is very similar to that in tt.

community teams will work in tt and will thrive, that is a fact

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »

You dont have ah f00cking heart !!

love your enemy as you love yourself, so I think I do have a heart  :D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »
Football Supporter, I have tried many times with great ideas and was just ignored by the CEO. I am still willing to oblige. He's always getting back to me.

I am trying to visit T&T in April with a party of 14, we might be interested in a game or two, the problem is, we don't know the fixtures and this happen every year !!! not to mention its a never ending story with cancelations and postponement of games and the public is not notify in a timly manner.

Flex what team are you taking to Trinidad?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I love my team
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: I love my team
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »
Much better.

Good job by Skeene and company, I really hope people start coming out to games.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »
Much better.

Good job by Skeene and company, I really hope people start coming out to games.

ditto
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
Really good effort, will there be merch for the teams this year?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stamp your authority
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:49:20 AM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
For Life
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Pro League graphics
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »

1]; } ?>