March 28, 2024, 06:03:04 AM

Author Topic: Patrick Manning Thread  (Read 15572 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley pays tribute to Manning!
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »
Its ok for you folks up north to cuss each other in Primaries and hug up for the election but not ok for us in the islands?
Well in the US, you have to be able to mend the fences. That is the nature of politics in this country. You have to deal with your base and many other coalitions, within and outside your party. Look at the Republicans right now. They have to deal with their conservative base. Then, they have to deal with the "radical" tea party. They have to get some Hispanics, Asians, Jews and Blacks.
So that is the nature of the beast up here.

Panday said that politics has its own morality(correct me, I might be quoting wrong). I have seen DLP, ULF,DAC of old formed coalition. Didn't Robbie and Panday form a coalition. The old WI Federation had inter island part coalition. It lasted about 5 years. Look what happening to Scotland and Eng. Catalan and Spain.

The gulf between Patrick and Keith was real. So what. Patrick was using PNM party unity to squash dessension within the party. And Rowley quite rightly tell him no. Haul they arse. If this and that  wrong, it friggin wrong. I glad he challenged Patrick on the Calder Hart issue. It showed the utter contempt that Patos was showing to anyone who questioned the lack of transparency of all the PNM projects.

Patos could do like Panday and go in a corner and sulk like an old goat for the rest of his life. Or help his party regain credibility and respect.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:49:48 PM by Deeks »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »

The gulf between Patrick and Keith was real. So what. Patrick was using PNM party unity to squash dessension within the party. And Rowley quite rightly tell him no. Haul they arse. If this and that  wrong, it friggin wrong. I glad he challenged Patrick on the Calder Hart issue. It showed the utter contempt that Patos was showing to anyone who questioned the lack of transparency of all the PNM projects.

Patos could do like Panday and go in a corner and sulk like an old goat for the rest of his life. Or help his party regain credibility and respect.

stop talkin sense....
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »
Exactly. Dr Rowley knows that a unified front speaks volume to the voters and pro Manning supporters.

So what's Manning's excuse for the get-together then?  Rowley has an ulterior motive (to hear you tell it), so then what does Manning get out of this?  Or could it just be that they're big enough to put aside their personal differences in deference to the interest of the party?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2014, 07:17:01 PM »
Bakes you are so right they are big enough to put aside their personal differences in deference to the interest of the party .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:02 PM »
Whatever happened to Panday award?  Did he accept it?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2014, 08:27:46 PM »
Zulu... is de whole "Devil you know..." philosophy.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
Exactly. Dr Rowley knows that a unified front speaks volume to the voters and pro Manning supporters.

So what's Manning's excuse for the get-together then?  Rowley has an ulterior motive (to hear you tell it), so then what does Manning get out of this?  Or could it just be that they're big enough to put aside their personal differences in deference to the interest of the party?

attention and proof that the Rottweiler (Dr Rowley) still needs him.  Unified front = interest of the party.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »
attention and proof that the Rottweiler (Dr Rowley) still needs him.  Unified front = interest of the party.

The same man who unsolicitedly received a nomination for the Nation's highest award from his political nemesis... who despite having retired from public office continues to be adored by rank and file PNMites... this is the man you saying craving attention and validation from Rowley?

LOL

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2014, 05:14:45 AM »

The same man who unsolicitedly received a nomination for the Nation's highest award from his political nemesis... who despite having retired from public office continues to be adored by rank and file PNMites... this is the man you saying craving attention and validation from Rowley?

LOL

thank you.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
Um....Manning is still an MP. He hasnt retired from public office. And Manning has shown due to his stroke he eh able with all dat.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

socafighter

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2014, 07:31:49 AM »

LOL

What medication are you on...

The highest honor was just a political ploy by Kamla ...this man so full of hate he refused it .

Ain't he religious ..his book says turn the other cheek...

I just came back from T&T  and he is not well liked maybe to the PNM till I die groupies.
Did you see the clip on when he lost the election at Balizer house when they booooooed him . This man is so loved .....thats why Kamla is in Office .... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Look at the Lara Stadium...POS flooding . He built Big buildings without infrastructure
If he had used his brain he would have posted Government ministries about the Island and Tobago.So much jobs after his billion spent on Conferences...wha happen ???

Why didn't he give Tobago , more opportunities for self government ...I can go on and on
but why ....PNM till I die will claim oh thats in the past after squandering two oil booms
with poor roads , no water and electricity .

The election results in 2015 will surprise you PNM till I die supporters ..watch the ride folks ..

Ah gats me popcorn ready to watch the fun...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:35:44 AM by socafighter »

socafighter

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2014, 08:10:09 AM »
Rumblings from the PNM ‘alternative’

Gail Alexander
Published: Guardian
Saturday, September 13, 2014

It was noticeable to others apart from PP House leader Roodal Moonilal that there was less than impressive desk-thumping support from PNM MPs during Opposition leader Keith Rowley’s budget reply in Parliament yesterday. “Not one of them was pounding the desk; he’s talking about the next PNM Government, but they don’t seem to believe it,” Moonilal noted after Rowley ended...

PNM till I die read this article ....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »
thank you.

Yes, that would perhaps explain Rowley's motivation... but Patos don't need to make nice with Rowley just to get attention he already getting.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:18 AM »
Um....Manning is still an MP. He hasnt retired from public office. And Manning has shown due to his stroke he eh able with all dat.

Bourbon, Manning is ah MP in name only.  His personal physician is a good friend of mine... he eh really business with political office right now.

EDIT:  But yuh right, he ent officially retire from public office yet.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:08:30 PM by Bakes »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »

LOL

The highest honor was just a political ploy by Kamla ...this man so full of hate he refused it .

I just came back from T&T  and he is not well liked maybe to the PNM till I die groupies.
Did you see the clip on when he lost the election at Balizer house when they booooooed him . This man is so loved .....thats why Kamla is in Office .... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Look at the Lara Stadium...POS flooding . He built Big buildings without infrastructure
If he had used his brain he would have posted Government ministries about the Island and Tobago.So much jobs after his billion spent on Conferences...wha happen ???

Why didn't he give Tobago , more opportunities for self government ...I can go on and on
but why ....PNM till I die will claim oh thats in the past after squandering two oil booms

The election results in 2015 will surprise you PNM till I die supporters ..watch the ride folks ..

Like your yellow jersey fitting you nicely today

socafighter

« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2014, 05:27:19 PM »

LOL

Like your yellow jersey fitting you nicely today

I noted that I am not affiliated to any party ...I do pay taxes in Trinidad and Tobago , thus
my interest .

I do the same in Ottawa, Canada... no political affiliation....and has never voted in my life...

History has taught me ..they are all the same . Politicians do not run  Countries the
 mandarins in the civil service does...

Now you see the color I wear ... since I can afford to be factful without reprisals ..
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

socafighter

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »

Bourbon, Manning is ah MP in name only.  His personal physician is a good friend of mine... he eh really business with political office right now.

EDIT:  But yuh right, he ent officially retire from public office yet.

His personal physician is a good friend of mine..

So what ...that physician is not allowed to disclose any thing about Manning to you , if that is what you are implying...so cut the crap out nah... :bs:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2014, 03:45:23 AM »
All-points bulletin on Hippocrates? Apparently, check the morgue.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2014, 11:46:48 AM »

I expected you of all people to be much more sophisticated than that. Then again this wouldn't be the first time you've given me cause to reassess how much credit I give you at times.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2014, 02:40:00 AM »

I expected you of all people to be much more sophisticated than that. Then again this wouldn't be the first time you've given me cause to reassess how much credit I give you at times.

That I needed permission to be amused by socafighter, did not occur to me.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:11:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »

By all means, find "humor" wherever you meet it... but the implication of her statement was silly, as was your invoking of Hippocrates.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »

By all means, find "humor" wherever you meet it... but the implication of her statement was silly, as was your invoking of Hippocrates.

I hope, upon reflection, you eventually locate the injudicious nature of your original comment.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2014, 07:27:03 PM »
I hope, upon reflection, you eventually locate the injudicious nature of your original comment.

Nope... can't locate it.  Perhaps it's hiding behind the logical leaps and naked assumptions attendant to your own comment?

1. Your invocation of Hippocrates is off base, seeing that the Hippocratic oath governs the ethics of the medical treatment of patients, not physician-patient confidentiality.

2. Even assuming arguendo that it governed physician-patient confidentiality, both your positions assume a breach of that confidentiality.

While I am from time to time privy to information that the wider public may be ignorant to, I have never heard (for myself) nor have I ever been told anything that was shared in confidence.  The invocation of the first-person account here is deliberate, as it should further serve to underscore the absurdity of your assumptions.  As I said, such an observation from the mindless harpy is understandable, hence why I wasted no effort responding.  Having now been forced to revisit my assessment of you (yet again), I'm convinced that a similar approach is now necessary going forward.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »

Nope... can't locate it.  Perhaps it's hiding behind the logical leaps and naked assumptions attendant to your own comment?

1. Your invocation of Hippocrates is off base, seeing that the Hippocratic oath governs the ethics of the medical treatment of patients, not physician-patient confidentiality.

2. Even assuming arguendo that it governed physician-patient confidentiality, both your positions assume a breach of that confidentiality.

While I am from time to time privy to information that the wider public may be ignorant to, I have never heard (for myself) nor have I ever been told anything that was shared in confidence.  The invocation of the first-person account here is deliberate, as it should further serve to underscore the absurdity of your assumptions.  As I said, such an observation from the mindless harpy is understandable, hence why I wasted no effort responding.  Having now been forced to revisit my assessment of you (yet again), I'm convinced that a similar approach is now necessary going forward.

As much as yuh would like to send me back to school, I have no need to go. As "injudicious", not wukkin fuh yuh, perhaps "imprudent" helps. I have assumed nothing. Doh let hubris blow yuh house down.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Pray for Mr Manning
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
 :(

Published on Jun 28, 2016, 12:31 pm AST
By Donstan Bonn
Trinidad Express

Former Prime Minister Patrick Manning has been taken to hospital and the nation is being asked to pray for him.

Manning, who served three terms as prime minister, was admitted to hospital  on Monday night and his condition is listed as 'incapacitated'.

The announcement of Manning hospitalisation was made by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley as he spoke at the opening of the Ministry of Education Tower in Port of Spain on Tuesday.

In 2012 Manning suffered a debilitating stroke, effectively ending a political career that began in the 1970s.

Manning also served as Opposition Leader on two occasions and was the longest serving Member of Parliament when he officially exited politics last year, having served as the MP for the constituency of San Fernando East for over 40 years (1971-2015). 

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pray for Mr Manning
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »

A MESSAGE FROM MRS. HAZEL MANNING

Mr. Patrick Manning was admitted to hospital last evening for investigation concerning an aberration in his blood-count. He is resting comfortably and is in good spirits. We continue to pray for him
https://www.facebook.com/meetmanning/posts/1380616095287575

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2016, 04:13:21 PM »
He is resting comfortably and is in good spirits. We continue to pray for him

:thumbsup:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »
He is resting comfortably and is in good spirits. We continue to pray for him

:thumbsup:

Hope everything turns out ok for him.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Manning Thread
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2016, 11:27:48 AM »

FROM MRS. HAZEL MANNING:

After conducting the appropriate tests, Mr. Manning was diagnosed last evening as having Acute Myeloid Leukemia and is being prepared to undergo treatment.
We thank everyone for their support and prayers and ask that you continue to pray for him as he undergoes treatment.
https://www.facebook.com/meetmanning/posts/1382733701742481

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Manning Thread
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2016, 06:48:07 AM »
He died this morning.

Sent from my AZUMI A50c+ using Tapatalk

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>