March 28, 2024, 01:11:25 PM

Author Topic: Patrick Manning Thread  (Read 15575 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Manning Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2016, 08:07:20 AM »
He died this morning.

Sent from my AZUMI A50c+ using Tapatalk

RIP Patos. Thanks for the service!

Once the diagnosis of AML was confirmed I knew he didn't have much longer...not at his age....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2016, 08:16:35 AM »
One of the best. A real visionary. Really thankful for his service and his impact.

God speed good Sir. Your policies did a lot....for me personally especially. I'll never forget the day that I lay down in the front seat of my mother's car worrying about how I would pay for university...and you announced GATE.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2016, 10:36:59 AM »
RIP Mr. Manning.  :salute:

On a different note. . 
I am really disappointed with some of the remarks posted by UNC supporters on the passing of Mr. Patrick Manning. I did not always agree with some of his decisions but he was our Prime Minister and should be respected in death. Come on T&T we should be better than that.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:46:03 AM by che »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »
One of the best. A real visionary. Really thankful for his service and his impact.

God speed good Sir. Your policies did a lot....for me personally especially. I'll never forget the day that I lay down in the front seat of my mother's car worrying about how I would pay for university...and you announced GATE.

Wow Bourbon an answer to pray.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2016, 11:37:57 AM »

On a different note. . 
I am really disappointed with some of the remarks posted by UNC supporters on the passing of Mr. Patrick Manning. I did not always agree with some of his decisions but he was our Prime Minister and should be respected in death. Come on T&T we should be better than that.

What do you expect from these dUNCe miscreants.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »

Mrs. Hazel Manning speaks with reporters following her husband's passing
https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10154336470652996/

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2016, 12:06:08 PM »

PRIME MINISTER ROWLEY EXPRESSES CONDOLENCES ON THE PASSING OF FORMER PRIME MINISTER PATRICK MANNING

https://www.facebook.com/teamrowley/posts/516265811900018

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2016, 12:19:45 PM »
I bet you Basdeo Panday will be front and centrer in sadness at PM Manning funeral. They battled each other in Parliament but actually had a friendship outside Politics. Presentation College old boys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRFaVbp-bM
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:43:53 PM by Sando prince »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
RIP Mr Patrick Manning

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2016, 02:01:19 PM »

Reactions from around the Caribbean
https://www.facebook.com/MyVTv/posts/1208854885799512

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2016, 02:15:33 PM »

On a different note. . 

There are certain things that shouldn't surprise you. This doesnt.

Manning coulda save them from their death....they would cuss him for depriving them of the chance to reincarnate. There are people who unable to appreciate or analyze things without their biases. And thats just the way it is. I went on a forum today...where cussing Manning was/is a staple. One comment was "That was sudden. 4 look like a good mark for play whe today". Is a fact...we need all kinds of people to make up a world.

A friend sent me some of the speeches he did in the run up and aftermath of May 2010....and...thanks to hindsight you could really see he knew what he was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5occD_nLfU&feature=share

One of the last if not the last of an era. Hopefully history vindicates him even more.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2016, 02:20:36 PM »
Read these....tell me what you notice.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2016-07-02/tributes-manning-past-and-present-politicians

Gail Alexander
Published:
Saturday, July 2, 2016
A young supporter waits for the arrival of former prime minister Patrick Manning on his return from the United States, where he underwent treatment for a stroke. (Photo: Abraham Diaz)

From Prime Minister and People’s National Movement (PNM) colleagues to political opponents, tributes to former Prime Minister Patrick Manning began pouring in minutes after he passed away at 8.15 am yesterday. Here are some of them:

Prime Minister Keith Rowley

Today Trinidad and Tobago was plunged into mourning at the passing of our former Prime Minister and former political leader of the People's National Movement, Mr Patrick Augustus Mervyn Manning.
Mr. Manning will be remembered as a visionary, a patriot and a Caribbean man who always strived for excellence. He made the development and well-being of Trinidad and Tobago his priority and in so doing, dedicated his life to serving our twin island state.
During Mr. Manning’s tenure as Prime Minister, the country experienced unprecedented growth and development, the benefits from that period are still helping us through the trying times we face today.
Up until his death Mr. Manning remained a source of guidance and inspiration to a generation of national and regional leaders who still sought his counsel even after he left active public life.
To Mrs. Manning and the Manning family, my family and I join you and the rest of the country in mourning his death. I extend our heartfelt condolences and gratitude for sharing him with us, since his service to the nation meant time away from his family.”
To the constituents of San Fernando East whom he represented for his entire political career, we extend our deepest sympathy, we empathise with your loss.
In recognition of Mr Manning's passing, flags are to be flown at half-mast at all public buildings and foreign missions from today until the day after Mr Manning's funeral. Subsequent to consultation with the Manning family, it has been decided that a state funeral will be held for Mr Manning, the details of which will be released in due time.

Minister in the OFFICE OF THE Prime Minister Stuart Young
It is with a great sense of sadness that the PNM Family has been informed of the passing of Mr Patrick Manning, former Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago and former Political Leader of the PNM.
On behalf of the members of the PNM and on behalf of the Executive of the PNM, I take the opportunity to express our sincerest and heartfelt condolences to Ms Hazel Manning, her sons and Mr Manning's wider family.
Mr Manning served Trinidad and Tobago for decades as a leader with great vision and his passing is a loss to the Nation and to his party, the PNM. We join in prayer for his soul and his family and thank him and his family for his life and his invaluable contributions. We ask that God rest and bless Mr Manning's soul.

Opposition leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar
It is with deep sadness that we heard of the passing of former Prime Minister Patrick Manning.On behalf all in the Parliamentary Opposition and the United National Congress, we send our heartfelt sympathies and prayers to his wife, Hazel, and his sons and close relatives.
Mr Manning was Prime Minister by electoral victory three times in our history - 1991, 2002 and 2007. He was also our longest serving Parliamentarian and one of the longest serving Public Servants in the region. Indeed, his wife Hazel has always exemplified strength and fortitude in her family, something which was clear throughout their public life.
The grief we share at his passing is, without doubt, grief that will be shared by our fellow nations in the region. We wish the Mannings God's guidance and support and pray that the former Prime Minister will find a place of joy and rest.

FORMER PNM CHAIRMAN DR LENNY SAITH
The time will come for me to speak, the shock has not subsided. Suffice to say, he was more than a colleague, he was a friend.  We knew each other wll before 1986 when I chaired the PNM . . . I will miss him. I can tell you Patrick lived for his work, from early morning to late, late at night, He was a hard, hard worker. My condolence go out to Hazel and the boys.

FORMER COP LEADER, WINSTON DOOKERAN
Mr Manning’s political life was one of courage and one in which he never swerved from his commitment to building a modern T&T. I always felt his vision was laudable. Being from San Fernando, I knew him and I knew his family. I always had a very close relationship with him on a personal basis. I’m deeply saddened by his passing. I believe T&T owes a debt of gratitude to his stewardship as difficult as it has been. He will be remembered for his sincerity of purpose and his vision for the nation.

FORMER UNC MP/ILP LEADER JACK WARNER
Trinidad and Tobago has lost one of its most experienced and valuable political minds with the passing of Honourable Patrick Manning. I am consoled by the fact that two months before he died he and I met privately at his home and we made up whatever differences we had, whether real or imagined. I am certain that he will be better off where he shall finally rest than he was in Trinidad and Tobago these past six years.
Though we differed in some aspects of our political philosophy and ideology and in how we believed the problems facing our country could be solved and in how the development of our country and its people ought to be pursued, as one human being to another, it is impossible not to appreciate the great things that Mr Manning achieved and the contributions he made to this country and to his political party of choice.
I take this opportunity to offer tribute to Mr Manning as a former Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago and to extend condolences to Mrs Hazel Manning, his family, the supporters of the People’s National Movement and constituents of San Fernando East whom he served for his 44-year political career.
Mr Manning’s strength was in that he conceived of a vision and pursued it relentlessly and with passion, regardless of what the critics said. This is one of the hallmark qualities of strong leadership. Another distinguishing quality was that he was deeply loved by his followers and admirers, and respected by his opponents and colleagues.

EX-PNM MINISTER Jerry Narace
Patrick Manning will go down in history as one of Trinidad and Tobago’s greatest leaders; one of the greatest fighters for the people of T&T within our region and one of the greatest proponents of the Caribbean region as an economic and cultural force in the modern world.
We live today in a country that Patrick Manning transformed with his vision. It is a country with greater freedom and prosperity; a society more advanced than the one he inherited when he became prime minister. When others saw only limits to T&T’s growth, he saw the true potential of our land. During his tenure as prime minister, he created a strong economic and energy architecture through pivotal policy changes, fueling the country’s infrastructure, health system, education and culture.
No one was more deeply committed to the Caribbean integration than Patrick Manning. He was pivotal to the creation of the Caribbean Single Market with all its benefits to the people, while he always advocated our commitment to Caricom. His leadership in the region is unparalleled, setting an example for all regional leaders.
We have lost a great leader and a great man. I have also lost a dear friend.

RAMESH LAWRENCE MAHARAJ
I knew Patrick since the 1980s, well before I entered Parliament since we were both from San Fernando. We were always friendly and later. He was also my MP, so this is very sad news.”
Before his death, I had heard from someone in the San Fernando General Hospital that he was having dificulties and I contacted John Jeremie (former Attorney General) who I know to be close to him. He said he was in the US but had been  contacted by the family with the news also.
When were were in Parliament, as Opposition whip, we clashed but were still cordial.   In 2001, when I - as UNC  AG- had spoken out on corruption - he was one of those  I had a meeting with at the Hilton
He ought to be remembered as a man who gave total sevice to T&T. Those opposed to him would know even when there was political rivalry, his paramount aim was the welfare and benefit of T&T. He was good statesman, committed to ensuring the Parliamentary form of government continued and also committed to constitutional reform. During his service to the PNM, there can be no doubt he upheld the high ideals of integrity and democratic values. I extend condolences to his wife and sons and will certain pay my respects in person at the funeral.

MOVEMENT FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE LEADER DAVID ABDULAH
THE MSJ extends its condolences to Mrs. Hazel Manning and to all members of the Manning family on the passing of Mr. Patrick Manning, former Prime Minister. The passing of a loved one, regardless of that person’s station in life, is always a time of sadness for the members of the family and we therefore say to Mr. Manning’s family that we sympathise with the loss of your husband, father, brother, cousin, uncle.
At the same time, Mr. Manning was much more than a family man. He was the person who served as a Member of the Trinidad and Tobago Parliament for longer than any other; was the only person to have lost and then won the government and had the distinction of being the second longest holder of the office of Prime Minister. His was a life dedicated to public service through politics. In our times when so many have little or no interest in public service and where others see public office as a means to private gain and personal enrichment, Mr. Manning’s life stands out as a repudiation of such selfishness. His example must not be glossed over or ignored.
It is well known that the social movements such as the Federation of Independent Trade Unions and NGOs (FITUN) were opposed to many of Mr. Manning’s policiesduring the period 2002-2010. We will not pretend the intense struggle of different ideas and philosophies of what should constitute development and good governance between Mr. Manning and the social movements did not exist. History must not be re-written.
To his credit, Mr. Manning sought to engage persons outside of his political party—and even persons who were opposed to the PNM—to contribute to national development. Thus, while I served as president of FITUN I was asked to serve as chairman of the board of the Cipriani College of Labour and Co-Operative Studies and a member of the Core Committee of the Vision 2020 process. Many other citizens of all political persuasions also participated in the 2020 process. In this regard Mr. Manning must be commended for recognizing that this country’s future could not be built with only some of the population.
Mr. Manning did seek to bring about change in T&T—some of which will stand the test of time. The Brian Lara Promenade made downtown Port of Spain a better space; the floating of the TT dollar, though criticised at the time, has stood us well in terms of economic growth as was the decision to establish an LNG industry. He ran his leg of the relay race doing it his way, gave us an example of public service and so may he now rest in peace.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:22:23 PM by Bourbon »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2016, 03:11:26 PM »
RIP Patos.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2016, 03:57:42 PM »
RIP Mr Manning.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2016, 04:29:06 PM »
RIP. Mr. Patos Manning. You have done your part. Go HOME and rest yourself.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZhQz_i0gFbU&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZhQz_i0gFbU&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2016, 08:05:28 PM »
RIP Mr Manning!
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2016, 10:56:42 AM »
RIP Mr Manning. Thank you for your service. :salute:
whey boy!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2016, 01:26:41 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-GM39cOB53M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-GM39cOB53M</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2016, 01:28:39 AM »

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Prime Minister, Ralph Gonsalves expressed condolences to the family of the recently deceased Former Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QfTDDJj57oQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QfTDDJj57oQ</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »

The funeral rites for Former Prime Minister Patrick Manning is to be given at the Holy Trinity Cathedral on Saturday. The Chief Celebrant will be Anglican Archbishop Reverend Claude Berkley when the procession begins at 10am. Leeron Brumell was at the Cathedral and spoke with the Cathedral's Administrator, Father Carl Williams.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0s4dYSkTiR8&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0s4dYSkTiR8&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2016, 10:00:32 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2016, 12:49:54 PM »

See these pics from PM Patrick Manning state funeral

https://www.facebook.com/OPMTT/photos/?tab=album&album_id=291377404548115

State Funeral in Honour of Former Prime Minister Patrick Manning

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2016, 04:25:54 PM »

CONDOLENCES TO THE MANNING FAMILY
(THE HOWARD UNIVERSITY FAMILY)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »
Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley pays tribute to "one of our finest sons." He said Mr. Manning was a man who was prepared to give and after 35 years of serving in public life, he never heard Mr. Manning speak of getting anything for himself.
WATCH VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/vb.377693645609/10154235269495610/?type=2&theater

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2016, 01:08:12 PM »
FULL FUNERAL SERVICE for Former Prime Minister of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago Patrick Manning

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Zkop8c9t5Bc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Zkop8c9t5Bc</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2016, 09:53:48 PM »
The first set of dUNCe say it was not real. After the press carried it the second set of dUNCe say he eh write it.

1]; } ?>