March 29, 2024, 12:08:35 AM

Author Topic: Time for the TTFF Spring.  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Time for the TTFF Spring.
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:30:44 AM »
Time for the TTFF Spring.
By: Lasana Libuard (wired868).

Hutson "Barber" Charles, a former "Strike Squad" stand-out and Defence Force legend, was having a hard time curbing his enthusiasm on Sunday night. Shaun Fuentes, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) press officer, did his best to help.

The national football team had just lost 3-2 to the visiting Finland national outfit at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

Finnish coach Mixu Paatelainen brought an inexperienced squad to Trinidad primarily as a bonding exercise. It is minus nine degrees celcius in Helsinki at the moment and their domestic competition is on its winter break.

Still, Finland triumphed against a local outfit ranked seven places higher by FIFA.

Despite that cold data, though, the sense of optimism was not confined to Charles. Eight players used by the hosts on Sunday were under-23 while three more were debutantes.

The relative order and cohesion on display was also heartwarming after a dispiriting and short-lived 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign. The fact that this glimmer of hope was offered by a coaching staff comprising two respected former local internationals—Charles was assisted by T&T's most capped player, Angus Eve—added to the appreciation of Sunday's work.

Until, that is, Fuentes introduced Charles with the word "interim".

Charles might have tactically prepared the players and set the tone for the new-look "Soca Warriors". But he was not really the coach.

The TTFF has not gotten around to selecting one yet.

Maybe it will be Charles in the end; perhaps not. Who can tell what the likes of TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden are thinking?

At a recent High Court hearing of sobering significance—it could lead to the TTFF's bankruptcy—not a single representative from the football body bothered to turn up. And, by way of excuse, TTFF lawyer Om Lalla suggested that Groden might be wandering around the building, unable to find the right room.

It might prompt a chuckle at first but think harder. Can we be certain that the TTFF Executive Committee member can find its way up a flight of stairs without MP and ex-TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner there to hold its hand?

Gross incompetence and unfathomable stupidity is actually the kindest thing that one can say about former TTFF President Oliver Camps and his entourage. Because if Camps and Groden did not quit school at the same standard as the "Three Stooges", then something more sinister may be amiss regarding the disappearance of millions of taxpayers' dollars. - Read More

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:14:43 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Time for the TTFF Spring.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 06:51:24 AM »
Boss article Lasana !!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:44:43 AM »
Bakes may be can help me here,Interim in local terms means someone is acting in a position(right?),if that is so then at the moment the TTFF don't have an administration,everybody in position seems to be interim,Interim executive committee,President,Coach etc the only person like they have a permanent job is Anton.
To me this sounds like they are preparing for bankruptcy,these guys not going to court because they are not responsible for anything,be prepared for more fireings because if you are not on board they kicking you out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:07:38 AM »
I agree with Coop's regarding the court appearance... big deal that none of them were in court, that's what their attorney(s) are for.  Overall Lasana hit on some good points but the personal attacks struck me as unprofessional. Fine to say them things on a message board, but not when you're trying to be a respectable media outlet/journalist.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:25:00 AM »
I agree with Coop's regarding the court appearance... big deal that none of them were in court, that's what their attorney(s) are for.  Overall Lasana hit on some good points but the personal attacks struck me as unprofessional. Fine to say them things on a message board, but not when you're trying to be a respectable media outlet/journalist.

I like Lasana, a whole lot too, but I agree with you on this!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:38:58 AM by truetrini SC »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:39:16 AM »
Was

I like Lincoln and Lasana, a whole lot too, but I agree with you on this!

Was there anything in Lincoln's article that was personal? It looked like he went out of his way to avoid personal attacks.

The attorney representing both the TTFF and Camps as well as Warner if he is joined is a bigger issue than whether Groden et al appeared in person in the courtroom. Lalla's response to the judge's inquiry about Groden's whereabouts sounded like a real mamaguy so I'm concerned the judge is in on the joke. The strategy I don't understand is why the players didn't include Jack as a defendant from the beginning. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:41:18 AM by tempo »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 08:44:25 AM »
Nice read, keep hitting them Lasana. The Media in T&T is to soft.

Just asking here guys as for the court case, if this is a new TTFF will they be responsible for a old bill ? because Jack not cooperting and his money is already in a hidden account that no one in this world could access, Camps is broke, and the current TTFF is on the verge on bankrupt.

So how will the 06 Warriors get their money ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »
Was there anything in Lincoln's article that was personal? It looked like he went out of his way to avoid personal attacks.

The attorney representing both the TTFF and Camps as well as Warner if he is joined is a bigger issue than whether Groden et al appeared in person in the courtroom. Lalla's response to the judge's inquiry about Groden's whereabouts sounded like a real mamaguy so I'm concerned the judge is in on the joke. The strategy I don't understand is why the players didn't include Jack as a defendant from the beginning. 

Even without Jack being joined, Lalla's involvement represents a clear conflict of interest.  About 18 months ago I suggested on here that Jack Warner needed to be joined as a third-party defendant, sued directly in his individual capacity, rather than thru his agency relationship with the TTFF.  I just chalked it up to me not knowing as much as Mssrs. Townley, Hislop et al. 

Last week I repeated the same concern, as well as the concern that the judge was playing de ass by issuing an order to the TTFF to get documents from Jack, rather than to Jack himself... and that he gave a very spurious reason for not joining Jack then and there ("Jack promise to produce the information if requested, so no need to bring him in as a defendant right now").  I was then put in my place by Football Supporter, Esq. for misleading forumites on the issue.  Since I not in de people court on a regular basis and clearly don't know what going on I decide to sit back and watch de ride.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 09:23:38 AM »
Was

I like Lincoln and Lasana, a whole lot too, but I agree with you on this!

There are differing opinions on this, but what I understand from Townley is that Warner was an employee or agent of TTFF. Therefore it is TTFF & Oliver Camps who are initially responsible for overseeing the correct accounting procedures and financial matters. However, it was always assumed that Warner would eventually become involved. If they tried to include him initially, without any actual evidence, Warner may have wriggled out. Once Camps swore an affidavit that Warner had the money, they asked that Warner be added as a materiel witness. Warner got around this by confirming that TTFF could have any information once it was requested. The judge therefore saw no need to add Warner AT THIS STAGE as he was ordered to supply full and complete accounts together with relevent evidence such as bank statements, receipts, emails etc. If the judge is not satisfied, he has the ability to add Warner.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 09:44:21 AM »
So in other words, Jack walking free agian ?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »
Another piece of priceless crap article with nothing but assumptions and I am gald to see some of the posters here finally agreeing.

Lasana has nothing on the TTFF and Jack Warner and all the writing he is doing is falling on deaf ears, same for Andre Jennings, no one even take these men seriously.

Hutson Charles and Angus Eve is in the TTFF pockets, they have no choice. We will always find a yes man, there is a dime a dozen in T&T.

Richard Groden did what he had to do in order to buy time. These players not getting a black cent, they had the chance to name Jack in the case and got stage fright because they wanted the case to be over and walk away hands full, but now it back fired.

The 06 Warriors does not have T&T at heart and once they get their money they done with T&T, so pot calling kettle black.

No one on this earth stopping Jack, remember I said so.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Another piece of priceless crap article with nothing but assumptions and I am gald to see some of the posters here finally agreeing.

Who agreed with that assessment?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 06:52:49 AM »
Would like to see Lasana cover some pro league games for a change though.

But I enjoy is writings anyway, dont matter what he writes about, its always exciting to read.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »

Lasana has nothing on the TTFF and Jack Warner and all the writing he is doing is falling on deaf ears, same for Andre Jennings, no one even take these men seriously.

Hutson Charles and Angus Eve is in the TTFF pockets, they have no choice. We will always find a yes man, there is a dime a dozen in T&T.

Richard Groden did what he had to do in order to buy time. These players not getting a black cent, they had the chance to name Jack in the case and got stage fright because they wanted the case to be over and walk away hands full, but now it back fired.

The 06 Warriors does not have T&T at heart and once they get their money they done with T&T, so pot calling kettle black.

No one on this earth stopping Jack, remember I said so.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tallman, Flex....is there any chance you can give us a "wanker" emoticon?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 12:15:09 PM »
Good article.

What we have here is a reporter who has no fear of repercussions. A lot of reproters miht have tempered their writing as to not offend too much, after all they have to worry about future interviews, games etc.

(i) Lasana didn't say anything that most of us don't already agree with.

(ii) His wording was sometimes harsh and yes he could've used some more diplomatic words. But this shi% with the TTFF and Warner has beeng goin on for well over a quarter of a century. There comes a time when people must tell it like it it. It's not like the TTFF membership or Warner has any shame. By all means make them look foolish if it's true. Another example, is Anil Warner, Buxo Potts and the mess they are creating in the TTBBC.

(iii) Remember that Lasana had his character much maligned by Warner Sr. and Jr. a few years ago in the Press. He needs to not get petty in his criticism. He was borderline here. But I think he did a good job.

Well done Lasana. Embarass the shit out of these shamelss people.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>