May 01, 2024, 01:06:20 PM

Author Topic: Police say....  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Police say....
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:42:43 PM »
...de ole man shoot heself oui....ha lawd

Ailing Austrian shot dead in bed
Cops puzzled over 'suicide'
Story Created: Jan 31, 2012 at 11:02 PM ECT

SUICIDE is suspected in the death of a former counsellor of Austria, who was found shot to death in his bed at his Valsayn home early yesterday.

The victim has been identified by police as 82-year-old Rudolf Sturm, of 13 Woodlands Road, North Valsayn.

He was discovered with gunshot injuries to the body in his bed around 7.30 a.m. yesterday by his wife, Urmilla Maharaj, 40, who notified the police.

Police said Sturm was ailing for some time with cancer and may have shot himself with his licensed 9mm pistol while at his home.

They are a bit puzzled over the fact that the victim was shot twice in the chest.

His pistol, believed to be the weapon used in the incident, was found under his body. Police have recovered two spent shells from the scene.

Police said Maharaj reported to them that when she awoke shortly after 6 p.m., she called out to Sturm but got no reply. She left home and went to purchase doubles and upon returning, she decided to make a check on Sturm and found him dead.

According to police, a 30-year-old employee of Sturm was held on Monday after Maharaj reported the employee stole a quantity of jewelry, amounting to $900,000, from the residence over a period of time.

Up to late yesterday, the woman, who hailed from Las Lomas, remained in custody at the St Joseph Police Station.

Officers said they found what appeared to be a suicide note in the victim's room near his body.

A post-mortem is expected to be conducted on the victim's body later today at the Forensic Science Centre in St James to determine if he shot himself twice in the chest.

ASP Nazrool Hosein and Insp Seemungal Rampersad, including Sgts Vetus Hernandez, David, Cpls Bennett, Ashram Dass, Hezron Lynch and PCs Subash Harripersad and Sunil Ramoutar, were among the officers who visited the scene.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ailing_Austrian_shot_dead_in_bed-138452209.html
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Police say....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »
what kinda frame of mind one could be in to shoot yourself twice in yuh own chest. but then again, is that even physically possible?  ???

from reports, apparently the man was really suffering lately

SAD
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »
2 Shots:

On a technicality maybe... but extremely difficult, I would have to see the entry wound to determine if it' was even possible. I highly doubt it since the weapon was a .9mm and the .9mm has a penetration of 12+ inches avg., that amount of penetration (+ powder burn) would cause massive trauma and extreme pain to even get quick second shot off (may be he has a muscle spasm from shock and got that second shot off). We're talking about muzzle velocity 300+ & coupled with 500+ joules... I say start an investigation and detain the wife & employee because something is fishy!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:55:12 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »
Real Fishy...  "Check he, cause he steal jewels worth 900K over a period of time."    ;D 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 04:01:02 PM »
Gsr on his dominant hand (and the patterning) would be the fastest way to tell if he pulled the trigger!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 05:05:26 PM »
Jeez!!!!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »
Gsr on his dominant hand (and the patterning) would be the fastest way to tell if he pulled the trigger!

for real. but den again is trinidad we livin so all dat high tech investigation eh happenin ::)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »
real CSI viewers.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:57:24 PM »
hahaha yeah CSI... NCIS...

Nah ballistics & guns are just a hobby of mine...! I was just trying to explain how fishy that two shot thing appears to be. Testing for GSR should be simple forensics, nutten high tech about it!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:13:10 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »

Nah ballistics & guns are just a hobby of mine...! I was just trying to explain how fishy that two shot thing appears to be. Testing for GSR should be simple forensics, nutten high tech about it!
nah ah just pullin stones...buh if it is suicide wouldnt he shoot himself in the head?
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 09:39:23 PM »

nah ah just pullin stones...buh if it is suicide wouldnt he shoot himself in the head?

With all the variables I outline and ole talk I throwing, what you just profile is the biggest indicator that there was foul play.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:45:19 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 11:51:31 PM »
"He was discovered with gunshot injuries to the body in his bed around 7.30 a.m. yesterday by his wife, Urmilla Maharaj, 40, who notified the police."

"Police said Maharaj reported to them that when she awoke shortly after 6 p.m., she called out to Sturm but got no reply. She left home and went to purchase doubles and upon returning, she decided to make a check on Sturm and found him dead."

Dias real doubles dat woman eat dey :thinking:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:03:07 AM »
Family is always the first people you look in things like this.

Anybody ever see the cops episode about the lady that went to the undercover officer to get she husband kill? She was a rel good actor dread  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 06:36:58 AM »
So the gentleman who died is 82 and most likely wealthy, and his wife is 40!!

hmmmmmmmmmm :thinking:  :-X

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »

dais de first ting run up in my brain...how ah bed ailing ole man go shoot heself twice in he chest
sad ting is....dais probaly how dey go close de case
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>