April 28, 2024, 03:51:01 AM

Author Topic: BOY'S HEAD FLUSHED IN TOILET  (Read 7824 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
BOY'S HEAD FLUSHED IN TOILET
« on: January 26, 2012, 05:48:19 AM »
BOY'S HEAD FLUSHED IN TOILET
By NALINEE SEELAL Thursday, January 26 2012

A TEACHER at a school in Maraval was up to last night being quizzed at the St Clair Police Station after an eight-year-old student of the school accused the teacher of flushing his head in a toilet bowl at the school shortly after midday on Tuesday.

The student, Kaya Rullow of Woodbrook was reportedly forced to stand outside his Standard III classroom for almost three hours after the incident, on the instruction of the teacher.

However, when his father Parvar Rullow arrived at the school to take his son home, he was told the disturbing news.

An incensed Rullow went to the St Clair Police Station where he lodged a report with Woman Police Corporal Ferrette. The schoolboy told police that shortly after midday on Tuesday he and another student from his class, were playing tag near the boys’ restrooms when they were confronted by the teacher who chastised them both for playing in the toilet area.

The boy told police that he was grabbed by the teacher who forced him into the toilet stall and forced his head into the toilet bowl before flushing. Water from the toilet bowl splashed over the boy’s face and head. The frightened boy said he began gasping as the water cascaded over his face with some of the water entering his nose and mouth.

Young Kaya told police that when he began fighting to get his head out of the toilet bowl, the teacher pulled his face from the bowl and took him to the front of his class where he was ordered to stand for close to three hours until the school bell rang at about 3 pm to herald the end of classes for the day.

The boy claimed that the incident was witnessed by another student who is expected to be interviewed by the police today. Kaya was taken by his mother to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital yesterday afternoon to be medically examined to ascertain if he suffered any injuries as a result of the incident.

Police sources revealed that the teacher was called to the St Clair Police Station yesterday and told to give a statement on the allegations. Up to press time, the teacher was still at the police station being quizzed by Cpl Ferrette and Sgt Gokool. The teacher reportedly expressed remorse for her action.

Newsday understands that the incident sparked widespread talk among students of the school and their parents.

Kaya who reported for classes yesterday was reportedly taunted by other students and called “toilet boy” but because he is considered a strong-willed student he did not cry or show any sign of being embarrassed.

His father Parvar Rullow told Newsday yesterday that the teacher apologised to him yesterday for the incident but he believes that an apology is not enough. “I have to go through the process of the law to correct something like this. I am asking the system to deal with this situation. I feel hurt, embarrassed and children are calling my son “toilet boy”.

“It bothered me enough to take action. I believe this should never be repeated to another student. This is outside the norm, very inhumane and not action becoming of an educator.

“However my son is a very high spirited, well balanced child and I do not intend to let this incident disrupt his schooling,” the angry father said. Rullow pointed out that this incident should never have happened and his son, in fact no child, deserves such treatment.

Rullow said he has every confidence that the law will take its course in this matter.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: BOY'S HEAD FLUSHED IN TOILET
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:06:17 AM »
Thank God the father didn't swing for him as is becoming the case these days. That's crazy stuff.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:16:48 AM »
Thank God the father didn't swing for him as is becoming the case these days. That's crazy stuff.

True...but I not so sure I would not have reacted the same way too nah.  >:(
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 07:18:49 AM »

True cause had that been my son it would've been hell to pay.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 07:44:38 AM »
he woulda get a beat down and swirly just like he give in d nastiest toilet I could find............because dat teacher have to be some kinda beast or mentally unstable and judging by the reaction of d father... read.. no bad john ting..........dat boy ent seem like no kinda chronic trouble maker type either
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »
That teacher needs a beat down
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »
I'd waterboard his arse....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »
FYI

Blackman's Private School

2 chirren involve. D Yankee child who told his parent. D TT child eh say nutten.

Dis 1 will get intresting
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:36:50 PM »
he woulda get a beat down and swirly just like he give in d nastiest toilet I could find............because dat teacher have to be some kinda beast or mentally unstable and judging by the reaction of d father... read.. no bad john ting..........dat boy ent seem like no kinda chronic trouble maker type either

de boy father even admitting de boy "high-spirited". dat juss another word for trouble-maker.

when i was dat age teacher was still sharing belt for trouble-makers.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »

It's a her....but I'm with you on that.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 06:19:29 AM »

It's a her....but I'm with you on that.

Well here's the interesting thing when I started to read the story I automatically thought it was a man involved.  Then I read it was a woman.  Ah wonder how many forumites above who commented that it was a man read the story in its entirety and still thought it was a man.  Somehow it was quite natural to assume it was a man......somehow I can't imagine a woman doing that to a child.  She probably doesn't have any of her own or she is just a pig.

Either way, if it was my chile the school woulda have to call police for de both ah we.....cuz who eh dead badly wounded when I done with she!!!   :pissedoff: :cursing:.....but what de hell it is going on dese days??!!  Is like people taking ah turn in chirren tail........as if the situation with the murder rate among adults wasn't enough to hurt we head.....steups!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 06:28:53 AM »
well I thought it was ah man :-[ , I eh sure bout d beat down, but ah woulda still swirly she ass
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:31:41 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »
Look, from a woman it bad, but I get my a$$ whitewashed nuff times from female teachers when I was growing up in Mucurapo Boys.
Toilet flushing bad doh get me wrong, but I've seen wuss things.

Sad part is, I don't know what I would do.  I might jus lose it on her and this is a person you usually blindly truss with the health and wellbeing of your chile.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »
d ting is when yuh consider d hidden dangers dat reside in a toilet bowl yuh have to be mad wit dat woman, parasites and bacterial infections does fuuck up people bad yuh know, worse if yuh get sometimg dem doctors here never see before
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
is a woman?  :cursing:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »

worse yet, I hearin is d principal WTF 
I pity the fool....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »

eh?? you went boys industrial or wha?

de only ting I could think would be wuss is if ah teacher push yuh dong and put ah 3 coil steamer on yuh shirt
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »

eh?? you went boys industrial or wha?

de only ting I could think would be wuss is if ah teacher push yuh dong and put ah 3 coil steamer on yuh shirt

Let me tell you, the have wuss teachers out dey, I nut calling no names here :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cops get confession statement from teacher
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »
Cops get confession statement from teacher
By Nalinee Seelal (T&T Newsday)

POLICE probing a report that a schoolteacher at Blackman’s Private School in Maraval placed the head of an eight-year-old school boy in a toilet and flushed it at the school’s compound on Monday afternoon have reportedly obtained a confession statement from a teacher.

Police sources revealed yesterday that the teacher spent several hours at the St Clair Police Station on Tuesday afternoon where a statement was given confessing to placing the student’s head in the toilet bowl and flushing it.

Minister of Education Dr Tim Gopeesingh immediately ordered a probe and said disciplinary action would be taken. Minister of Gender Affairs, Child Development and Youth, Verna St Rose-Greaves, said she would carry out her own investigations and offered support to the family.

The story was exclusively reported by Newsday yesterday. Sources revealed that in the statement to the police the teacher reportedly admitted to doing the same thing to another student of the school but that student was not identified.

The parents of that child have not come forward or reported the matter to the police. However, following the confession statement given by the teacher to Woman Police Corporal Ferrette at the St Clair Police Station on Tuesday, police officers cautioned the teacher following which Justice of the Peace Marissa Singh, authenticated the statement.

Police officers also interviewed Kaya Rullow, the student who was the alleged victim of the assault who was accompanied to the station by his mother. The boy who is a standard three student of Blackman’s Private School was taken back to his school’s compound on Tuesday where he pointed to the toilet where his head was placed in a toilet bowl and flushed. He was also medically examined at the Port-of-Spain General Hospital and a medical report submitted to Ferrette.

Police sources revealed that Ferrette has to seek permission from the lone eyewitness to the incident before a statement is recorded from him. The boy who was also subjected to the same flushing of his head in the toilet bowl never told his parents about the incident but instead informed other classmates about what had transpired and this resulted in him and Rullow being taunted and called “toilet boys”.

Newsday understands that after the eyewitness is interviewed Ferrette will then submit a file to the Senior Superintendent of the Port-of-Spain Division for directions in the matter. Education Minister Tim Gopeesingh told Newsday yesterday that he has instructed that investigations begin immediately in the matter.

He said the principal of the school Arlene Blackman, 67, as well as the school supervisor for the area will report to the Chief Education Officer Sharon Mangroo to give an account of the incident. Gopeesingh described the incident as totally unacceptable.

“This type of behaviour by teachers cannot be tolerated and disciplinary action has to be taken,” he said. Gopeesingh said it was unfortunate that the ministry had to learn about the incident through the media.

“It is unacceptable and it shows that the school supervisors are not doing their work properly. The school supervisor has to be held accountable because if an incident occurs on the same day a report should be submitted to the ministry and it is clear, that is not happening,” he said.

St Rose-Greaves, yesterday vowed to do her own probe of the incident .

She told yesterday’s post-Cabinet news conference at the Diplomatic Centre that she had not yet got details of the incident. “I have not seen the report unfortunately. I don’t have the details. One of my officers is trying currently to get some background on that,” said St Rose-Greaves.

“Any incident like that is unfortunate, and I’m sure it would have been reported to the authorities, and whatever action is necessary will be taken. From where I am, I am going to have my own investigation and do whatever we can whether it is to support the family, to help the child over this, to make some intervention in the school, to get to the bottom of what’s been happening.”

Police officers of the St Clair Police Station were informed on Monday afternoon by Parvar Rullow, the child’s father that when he went to pick up his son at the school the child told him that his head was placed in a toilet bowl and flushed.

The disturbed father made an official report to the St Clair police and this prompted a police investigation into the matter. Yesterday at Blackman’s private school classes were not disrupted, but the principal was reportedly not at school when Newsday visited. However, Martin Blackman, son of the principal said the matter was now engaging the attention of lawyers and was at a sensitive stage and he preferred that lawyers communicate with the press on the matter.

He promised that a statement on the incident would be released yesterday afternoon but up to press time this was not forthcoming. When Newsday spoke with parents collecting their children yesterday afternoon they said their children did not inform them about the incident and neither were they briefed by the principal of the school.

Young Rullow, who is an American citizen has been deeply affected by the incident but according to his father is a strong boy. Newsday understands that an official report on the incident is to be made to the American Embassy on Marli Street, Port-of-Spain.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »

WWWWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT???!!!!
  I await confirmation of this....Weary, what yuh peeps in Min of Ed saying??  Dis allegation is true??

Also,

Young Rullow, who is an American citizen has been deeply affected by the incident but according to his father is a strong boy. Newsday understands that an official report on the incident is to be made to the American Embassy on Marli Street, Port-of-Spain.

As if the Ish and Steve matter wasn't enough.......Uncle Sam goh ban we just now.....laawwddd fadder.... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:29 PM »

WWWWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT???!!!!
  I await confirmation of this....Weary, what yuh peeps in Min of Ed saying??  Dis allegation is true??

Also,

As if the Ish and Steve matter wasn't enough.......Uncle Sam goh ban we just now.....laawwddd fadder.... ::)

Well u know ah part ways wit d MOE. So I will have 2 investiquire.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 06:29:49 AM »
Parents sent comfort letter by Maraval principal
Saturday, January 28, 2012

Letters have been distributed to parents whose children attend a popular private primary school in Maraval yesterday informing them “not to worry” despite the principal being accused of allegedly flushing the head of a Standard Three pupil—an American citizen, in a toilet bowl. The letter, which carried Thursday’s date also cited the Newsday newspaper stating that details of a report which highlighted the incident were erroneous. While parents had expressed outrage over what transpired, others have expressed concern over the principal’s mental health. According to some parents, the morning before the alleged incident occurred, the principal attended a funeral and then returned to the school.

They questioned whether the principal experienced a “meltdown” when she reportedly committed the act. The letters also assured parents that the situation was being addressed very seriously by the school and that the school was also in the process of retaining a lawyer. Investigating officers are expected to approach the Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard early next week for instructions. The nine-year-old boy has been immediately removed from the school and was expected to be placed at another private institution. His father has already initiated legal action. The letter read:

“Dear Parent,
Just to put you hearts at ease. I have been determined to put a stop to the reports of nasty, frequent and mischievous behaviour in the boys’ bathroom. Other principals has also expressed similar concerns. In order to protect you sons, I have issued an ultimatum at the beginning of the term to all boys that any unacceptable behaviour in the boys’ bathroom would be dealt with as a matter of urgency. The story in the Newsday gives an extremely distorted version of what happened when I received a report about two boys playing in the boys’ bathroom. I am seeking professional advice on the way forward.” The letter was signed by Arlene Blackman. The victim’s father described the letter as “unremorseful and deceiving to parents.”

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-01-28/parents-sent-comfort-letter-maraval-principal
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 07:26:08 AM »
let the attempt at shameless ass covering begin.............on your mark............ get set..........................
I pity the fool....

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »
Nothing justifies what was done to this child, EVEN if he in fact misbehaved.

This teacher should not even be working at the school anymore. That she expressed remorse for her action is an admission that she committed the act and for that she should be terminated immediately.

This sort of thing is completely unacceptable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
Nothing justifies what was done to this child, EVEN if he in fact misbehaved.

This teacher should not even be working at the school anymore. That she expressed remorse for her action is an admission that she committed the act and for that she should be terminated immediately.

This sort of thing is completely unacceptable.

problem is she is principal and I think owner\ founder aswell........... she go fire she self?! yuh ent see d usual trini circle of wagons startin to form........she lookin to ride dat out if she can
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »
Flushing kids heads in a toilet is what bullies in American schools do.
You tellin me this woman knows no better than a kid bully?

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 03:34:25 PM »
  hm i does deal with some 'strong-willed students' in my job at an elem school.   the thought never cross my mind to do that to them tho...i would like to see the case history with this child, whether he has an IEP, 504 or whatever.   i wonder if he is special ed or something.   sooo much to consider in this case

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 06:00:38 PM »
  hm i does deal with some 'strong-willed students' in my job at an elem school.   the thought never cross my mind to do that to them tho...i would like to see the case history with this child, whether he has an IEP, 504 or whatever.   i wonder if he is special ed or something.   sooo much to consider in this case

IEP and 504 is American in T&T is hit and hope.

And if the child has some equivalent to IEP or 504, then she eh following the teaching plan at all at all and that makes the violation wuss in my opinion.  She should get fired, and lose she license asap!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 06:02:41 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »
 If they close down the school it going to rell ease up traffic on the saddle.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
CRUELTY TO CHILDREN
By NALINEE SEELAL Friday, February 3 2012

POLICE officers last night charged Arlene Blackman — Principal of Blackman’s Private School in Maraval — with two counts of Cruelty to Children, under the Children’s Act, Chap 46:01, Section III(I), for allegedly placing the head of two students in a toilet bowl at her school and flushing it.

The charges were laid by Woman Police Constable Ferrette and Cpl Rennie Grant, of St Clair Police Station and Port-of-Spain Criminal Investigations Department (CID), respectively. Instructions to charge Blackman, from Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard SC, were given late last night after lead investigator Acting ASP Ajith Persad sought Gaspard’s direction. Mrs Blackman is expected to appear before a Port-of-Spain Magistrate today to answer two counts of cruelty to children.

At about midday yesterday, a party of officers led by Woman ASP Lewis and including WPC Ferrette went to the school at Saddle Road, Maraval where Blackman, 67, was escorted out of the compound at 2 pm, placed in a marked police vehicle and driven to Port-of-Spain CID, where she remained up to press time last night.

Shortly after 3 pm, Blackman’s attorney Pamela Elder SC arrived at CID and spoke with her client. Police sources revealed that Blackman appeared calm after being detained and was accompanied by her daughter Angela.

According to sources, at about 5 pm yesterday, students Kaya Rullow, eight, and Josiah Richmond, ten, the two Standard Three pupils of Blackman’s Private School, accompanied by their respective parents, went to CID where they both pointed out Mrs Blackman to police, during what spurces termed as a, “verification exercise”.

Carver Rullow, Kaya’s father, told Newsday that his son was called to a room inside of Port-of-Spain CID, where the Principal was, and the boy was asked by police if Mrs Blackman was the person who placed his head in a toilet bowl and flushed it. Young Kaya, according to his father, told the police ‘yes’.

The same procedure was carried out with Josiah, who also positively pointed out Mrs Blackman in the verification exercise which was supervised by Acting ASP Persad, who has been spearheading the probe for the past two weeks.

Following the verification exercise, police recorded statements from the parents of both schoolboys and then they were allowed to leave. Rullow told Newsday, at the end of the verification exercise, that he was pleased with the pace of police investigations into the report made by both him and Josiah’s parents, regarding the toilet flushing incident.

Last week Tuesday (January 24), Rullow went to St Clair Police Station and reported that the school’s principal placed his son’s head in a toilet bowl, at the school compound, and flushed it.

Rullow also told police that his son informed him that he and another student were playing in the toilet area of the school, when they were confronted by Principal Blackman, who chastised them for playing near the toilet area and proceeded to flush their heads in one of a toilet bowl.

The following day (Janaury 25) Blackman was called to the St Clair Police Station, where she gave a statement to police which was later authenticated by a Justice of the Peace. The Principal was cautioned by the police before being allowed to leave.

On Friday last (January 27), Principal Blackman issued letters to parents of children attending her school, assuring that all was well and that she was determined to deal with issues involving male students in the toilet area of the school.

However, that same day, Nikesha Richmond, the mother of Josiah, took him to the Port-of-Spain CID where she reported that his head was also placed in a toilet bowl at the school’s compound last week Tuesday and flushed.

On Saturday last, police accompanied by the two students and their parents went to the school where photographs of the toilet bowl were taken and a police draughtsman also took drawings of the toilet bowl.
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>