March 28, 2024, 10:58:10 AM

Author Topic: National footballer's fiancee and beauty queen brutally assaulted  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National footballer's fiancee and beauty queen brutally assaulted
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
This girl is my cousin's cousin and yes it was a robbery. She was unwilling to part with her stuff and tried fighting him off, but the robber wanted it more than her and decided to teach her, who is borse.
How do you know this if she is still unconscious and there were no witnesses to what happened? Let's not jump to conclusions...

I was speaking to someone close to Jan-Michael. He said it was an attempted rape. Not sure how the police know this, but it makes sense of why the attack was so violent.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
This girl is my cousin's cousin and yes it was a robbery. She was unwilling to part with her stuff and tried fighting him off, but the robber wanted it more than her and decided to teach her, who is borse.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up if that was the case.  The way they targeted her face I was concerned that maybe it might have been some petty jealousy scene where somebody tried to mess her up just out of envy/jealousy, along with the robbery.  I will be praying that she pulls through okay.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2012, 08:38:17 PM »

Alright, thanks for clearing that up if that was the case.  The way they targeted her face I was concerned that maybe it might have been some petty jealousy scene where somebody tried to mess her up just out of envy/jealousy, along with the robbery.  I will be praying that she pulls through okay.

Exactly what I thought too! Apparently, she went back to work as she forgot her phone. There is talk of her being stalked, but I stress, this is just talk. Can you believe that no one outside of W.Connection was aware of this? Only because of Lasana and sw.net are people becoming aware. Things going to happen now. Football people will stand together. This man will be locked up within 2 weeks.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »

Exactly what I thought too! Apparently, she went back to work as she forgot her phone. There is talk of her being stalked, but I stress, this is just talk. Can you believe that no one outside of W.Connection was aware of this? Only because of Lasana and sw.net are people becoming aware. Things going to happen now. Football people will stand together. This man will be locked up within 2 weeks.

last weekend my mum sent me an email to pray for her. the email said that she was attacked in a possible robbery and that she fought back. I also heard that it may have been an attempted abduction, rape etc... i don't really know the details and stories floating, just keeping her in prayers. She may be experiencing TBI and possible brain hemorrhaging, details are sketchy since I'm thousands of miles away. She has a baby and Jan is a good fella. Candice is a sweetheart and I pray that she recovers.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
we used to be an "Island"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
This thing have my blood boiling and I have no affiliation to Candice or Jan but it hit close to home. I doubt Jan could even focus in a game right now if he's the starter. Let's hope the police really work hard in trying to investigate this horrible matter :cursing:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:29:54 PM by soccerman »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 03:41:41 AM »
This kinda thing shouldn't be happening to no woman in Trinidad, much less to a young lady related to such a nice young man. Sadly, though, this is what our beloved country is coming has come to.  My prayers are with Jan and his lady and their families.  Even MORE prayers have to go out for our country.   This kinda crime deserve street justice.  Not anything the inept and incompetent and corrupt police could  or should be left to handle.   
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:43:52 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 04:28:22 AM »
Footballers stand together after brutal attack on goalkeepers fiancee‏.
North East Stars Release.

"Football will stand together against these criminals"

That was the message from former National defender Brent Sancho as he spoke on the tragedy surrounding the family of T&T National goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams.

The fiancee of Williams, Candice Worrell was brutally assaulted two weeks ago outside of her workplace in Couva. Candice, who is well known as a model and appears on Digicel billboards, was designated Miss Tourism Queen International in 2009 and represented Trinidad and Tobago in China.

She was found lying in a pool of blood outside of her place of work, Jenexcon Engineering, where she worked as a health and safety officer. After two weeks, Worrell is yet to regain consciousness and  doctors fear that she may also have suffered some brain damage. They have rated her chances of survival as 50-50.

29 year old Worrell's injuries include a shattered cheekbone and her jaw has been broken in two places. The attack took place between 5pm and 5.25pm on Friday 20th January. Her white Blackberry Curve phone is missing, presumed stolen, along with her wallet.

Sancho, DIRECTV North East Stars C.E.O. said " This has shocked the whole club. Jan-Michael may play for one of our rivals, but football is a fraternity and our thoughts and prayers go out to Jan-Michael, his daughter Nevaeh and especially Candice."

North East players, Anton Wolfe and Charles Pollard presented Williams with a bouquet before W Connections Tuesday night game versus T&TEC. "Its not enough" said Sancho. "Nowhere near enough. But we wanted to show Jan-Michael that we are supporting him. We only heard of this incident through an article written by Lasana Liburd, which was posted on the socawarrior.net forum. We had seen nothing in the press or on television about this."

North East Stars Operations Director, Kevin Harrison has already begun to organise a fundraising effort amongst the football fraternity. " There's not much we can do to help" said Harrison "We just pray that Candice is strong enough to fight back. However, we are incensed that this matter has received no public exposure. The man that did this is still out there and the police have no leads. Someone must know who this man is. Somebody must have seen something."

Harrison and Sancho have set about raising funds to offer as a reward for information leading to the prosecution of the attacker. "Already we have had pledges from several sources including the 13 Soca Warriors currently fighting the court case against the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation.

These guys understand the meaning of fighting adversity as a group and immediately responded to my request for a donation." Sancho said that North East Stars sponsors, DIRECTV had pledged to organise a collection at their offices. " Already, the generosity of people in and around football is outstanding. We understand that the website from which we learnt of this tragedy, Soca Warriors.net, is also organising a collection from its worldwide football supporter membership. "

Harrison said "I will be writing to all Pro League clubs to ask them to organise collections from the players and will be requesting permission from the Pro League to organise a collection from supporters at Fridays matches. I spoke to several of W.Connections staff and they can't believe this has happened. The investigation doesn't seem to be making progress. We can't ease the pain of Candice and Jan-Michael, but we can do everything in our power to apprehend the thug who's responsible.

I'm hoping now that this story will be on every TV news programme and the front page of every paper. We need the public to come forward and assist the police. This man is still out there and no woman is safe until he is locked up. Its even more worrying with carnival approaching. What kind of coward would beat a woman like this? Our wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters and daughters must be protected."

Anybody wishing to make a donation can contact Harrison by email at kh.northeaststars@gmail.com

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:31:22 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:00 AM »
She was found lying in a pool of blood outside of her place of work, Jenexcon Engineering, where she worked as a health and safety officer. After two weeks, Worrell is yet to regain consciousness and  doctors fear that she may also have suffered some brain damage. They have rated her chances of survival as 50-50.

29 year old Worrell's injuries include a shattered cheekbone and her jaw has been broken in two places. The attack took place between 5pm and 5.25pm on Friday 20th January. Her white Blackberry Curve phone is missing, presumed stolen, along with her wallet.

When I first read the story I was too shocked to respond.  Reading it again, especially this part, ah sit down here in work and ah want to cry.....this could have been me leaving my work place or home or anywhere.  This could have been me.....*sigh*  :'( :(

@ Bakes boy, it doh take much to set off these animals yuh know especially if you resist them.  And sometimes if even if yuh eh resist, they taking your things and still inflicting damage to your person........is ah kinda madness dread, that ah cyar comprehend.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 07:45:22 AM »
As my wife told me, these days Trinidad only good for fete and food.
Everything else absolutely sucks.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2012, 07:47:36 AM »
Not even fete and food. De ture cluture dead in T&T...

Ask Stern John, he hit ah youth man ah slap and have to beg for mercey now....  :rotfl:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »
Dred, this is so disturbing iz not funny. I couldn't even finish reading the article yesterday, I had to log off. We have to find a way to show that this type of behavior is unacceptable in our society. Unless the attacker is mentally ill, there is no way that anybody should even fathom doing something like this.

I'z hardly cuss, but this is pure fackery. Bring the FBI in here.

And Sam, I doh mean to be rude, but that last comment was in poor taste in light of the subject matter.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »
Hope they find the cowards responsible for this.
Hart for president

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2012, 10:49:42 AM »
So this didn make papers yet?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »

Yeah, think it in the express
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2012, 12:12:37 PM »

Absolutely horrible - really hope she pulls through.

Express finally ran it.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ex-beauty_queen_critical-138452174.html

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2012, 12:22:15 PM »

Absolutely horrible - really hope she pulls through.

Express finally ran it.
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ex-beauty_queen_critical-138452174.html

It was also on CNC3 News last night.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
Another very sad incident.

Brings another interesting point to light - in any other country in the world, this stuff happens. Is not only Trinidad that men get on so during these incidents. These men are mentally very disturbed, most a result of very unfortunate life development. They disregard everything to do with compassion and mercy, and they see someone who is supposedly well off as the sworn enemy. Throw in she have a lill color and very attractive, that only makes it worse. These monsters blame people like the victims for their situation, hence their rage when committing the act.
You expect a man who has been beaten, raped, continually emasculated, seen his mother and sister beaten and raped, etc. etc. to show mercy after he just finish smoke a joint and hadda go put down a wuk to get money for he next fix?

What is even more  a travesty is the fact that stuff like this goes on every day to multiple women in Trinidad, small little trinidad by these sickos out there. Its because this person is somebody it gets this attention.

Trinidad is a small place, everybody know everybody.... The police know 99% of the shady characters - I am almost certain the central police at least have a list of suspects. But stuff like this is so widespread, the resources are stretched, so cases dont have the attention they deserve. As this case get national attention now, it may be different.

Hopefully they can use all that multi-million dollar spy equipment and track the blackberry... I see on CSI NY a time they were actually able to remotely turn on blackberry phones to track them.

And the state of emergency last year when they held them hundreds of badboys and gangsters. If its one positive thing that could have come out of that, it should be that they took DNA and fingerprint samples in the processing...

We need closed-circuit cameras on all street corners too asap.

Hope she pulls thru, prayers with the family...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Another very sad incident.

Brings another interesting point to light - in any other country in the world, this stuff happens. Is not only Trinidad that men get on so during these incidents. These men are mentally very disturbed, most a result of very unfortunate life development. They disregard everything to do with compassion and mercy, and they see someone who is supposedly well off as the sworn enemy. Throw in she have a lill color and very attractive, that only makes it worse. These monsters blame people like the victims for their situation, hence their rage when committing the act.
You expect a man who has been beaten, raped, continually emasculated, seen his mother and sister beaten and raped, etc. etc. to show mercy after he just finish smoke a joint and hadda go put down a wuk to get money for he next fix?

What is even more  a travesty is the fact that stuff like this goes on every day to multiple women in Trinidad, small little trinidad by these sickos out there. Its because this person is somebody it gets this attention.

Trinidad is a small place, everybody know everybody.... The police know 99% of the shady characters - I am almost certain the central police at least have a list of suspects. But stuff like this is so widespread, the resources are stretched, so cases dont have the attention they deserve. As this case get national attention now, it may be different.

Hopefully they can use all that multi-million dollar spy equipment and track the blackberry... I see on CSI NY a time they were actually able to remotely turn on blackberry phones to track them.And the state of emergency last year when they held them hundreds of badboys and gangsters. If its one positive thing that could have come out of that, it should be that they took DNA and fingerprint samples in the processing...

We need closed-circuit cameras on all street corners too asap.

Hope she pulls thru, prayers with the family...

Wah yu talking bout, I wiped someones BB from the office when they were let go and they weren't even on our BES.
Take it from me, nuff tech stuff out dey to catch anyone.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »
To all our sister forumites at home, Weary, Sugars, etc. Please! Please! Please! Be carefull!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2012, 10:06:38 PM »
To all our sister forumites at home, Weary, Sugars, etc. Please! Please! Please! Be carefull!

Thanks
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
There will be a collection from supporters at tonites double header at Larry Gomes. There will also be sales of matchday lottery tickets with 50% of sales to the winner and 50% to the fund. Anybody who would like to assist with the collection, please send me a p.m. Thanks

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Battered beauty queen shows slight improvement
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »
Battered beauty queen shows slight improvement… Connection captain and family hopeful
By Lasana Liburd (wired868.com)

Former beauty queen Candice Worrell remains in a comatose condition at the St Clair Medical Centre, more than two weeks after she was brutally assaulted and robbed outside her work place at 38 John Street, Montrose, Chaguanas.

However, Worrell’s condition has stabilised and she is now breathing on her own. Doctors are expected to move the 28-year-old mother of one from ICU to HDU (High Dependency Unit) within a few days.

Her fiancé and Trinidad and Tobago footballer, Jan-Michael Williams, told Wired868.com that Worrell has improved physically but she remains unconscious to the despair of her family and loved ones.

“Most of the swelling on her face is gone,” said Williams, who captains local Pro League team, W. Connection FC. “Her eyes are opening and closing too but she is still in a comatose state and the doctors are saying it is an involuntary action.”

Worrell, who represented Trinidad and Tobago at the 2009 Miss Tourism Queen International and holds a UWI degree in Biology and Environmental Biology, was attacked outside Jenexcon Engineering on January 20, just after 5 pm. She was a Health and Safety Officer at Jenexcon.

A co-worker said Worrell realised that she forgot her cell phone at the office and decided to return for it. She was found instead, by a nearby worker from an upholstering company, lying unconscious with her jaw broken in two places.

“When I saw her, I couldn’t recognise her,” said Williams, who cut short a training session to rush to her side. “Her face was swollen three times over… She was in the same clothes (as when she left home) but, when I took a first look at her, I thought that wasn’t my girlfriend.”

READ MORE...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 02:58:11 AM »
Worrell gets $10,000 from Soccer For Charity.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Mrs Abraham-Williams, mother of national footballer Jan Michael Williams, receives a cheque from Dwight De Leon of All Sport Promotions, to help with the medical expenses for Candice Worrell.

Mrs Abraham-Williams, mother of national footballer Jan Michael Williams, receives a cheque from Dwight De Leon of All Sport Promotions, to help with the medical expenses for Candice Worrell.

A cheque of $10,000 has been donated to Candice Worrell, fiancée of national goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams, from proceeds of All Sport Promotions’ annual Soccer For Charity Football Tournament.

The event was held at Fatima College Grounds on April 21 with the aim of raising funds to assist with Worrell’s medical expenses, who remains in critical condition after being attacked by an assailant outside her work place in Chaguanas in January.

The event proved to be fun filled, and saw a highly contested match between the T&T Pro League and Eastern Credit Union teams.

Scores were locked at 0-0 at the blow of the final whistle, forcing the match to be decided by sudden death penalties. In the end, the T&T Pro League team walked off the field with the championship trophy after clinching a 2-1 win.

Collecting on Worrell’s behalf was Mrs Abraham-Williams, who thanked the teams and sponsors, and kindly asked that Worrell be kept in everyone’s prayers.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2012, 05:04:02 AM »
Worrell gets $10,000 from Soccer For Charity.
T&T Guardian Reports.

A cheque of $10,000 has been donated to Candice Worrell, fiancée of national goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams, from proceeds of All Sport Promotions’ annual Soccer For Charity Football Tournament.

The event was held at Fatima College Grounds on April 21 with the aim of raising funds to assist with Worrell’s medical expenses, who remains in critical condition after being attacked by an assailant outside her work place in Chaguanas in January.

The event proved to be fun filled, and saw a highly contested match between the T&T Pro League and Eastern Credit Union teams.

Scores were locked at 0-0 at the blow of the final whistle, forcing the match to be decided by sudden death penalties. In the end, the T&T Pro League team walked off the field with the championship trophy after clinching a 2-1 win.

Collecting on Worrell’s behalf was Mrs Abraham-Williams, who thanked the teams and sponsors, and kindly asked that Worrell be kept in everyone’s prayers.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 11:07:35 AM »
Family pleads for help
Former beauty queen beaten into coma...
By Camille Bethel

THE family of former beauty queen Candice Worrel, who went into a coma after being brutally attacked and robbed on January 20 at her workplace, says she is making progress but needs financial assistance in taking care of her medical bills.

Worrel's mother, Susan Worrel, who last week called on police to stop dragging their feet in finding her daughter's attacker, yesterday said the family is grateful to the doctors and those who have assisted in getting her 29-year-old daughter to the point she is at right now.

"We have to thank the people who helped in getting her to where she is right now. She is not fully back to us but she has started waving, she has started nodding yes and no, so she is progressing."

The elder Worrel said although they have had no corporate help for her daughter, who represented this country at the 2009 Miss Tourism Queen International in China, they have had support from her friends and family.

She said she reached out to the Ministry of Tourism for assistance but was told that she did not represent the country under the Ministry of Tourism, it was under Tourism Development Corporation (TDC).

"I tried to reach out to Jack Warner seeing that he is the MP for Chaguanas and I was told I have to join a line at 3 a.m. to see him."

She said she told Warner's secretary how serious the situation was "She took my number and this is three weeks now and I have not had a call from anyone," she said.

Her daughter she said is at a government-run medical institution but they have to purchase all of her medication.

Doctors she said have told them that they could not be sure when she would fully recover.

"We were told it could take two months, it could take three months, it could take a year but I don't believe that I believe that she coming out before that," she said.

In terms of finding her daughter's attacker Worrel said everything is in the hands of the police who have a description of the attacker.

"The case is very delicate and I do not want to go into details," she added.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Family_pleads_for_help-150378515.html
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>