March 28, 2024, 03:06:03 PM

Author Topic: The Trini-Ronaldinho?  (Read 27056 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The Trini-Ronaldinho?
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:35:22 PM »
The Trini-Ronaldinho?
By: Inshan Mohammed.

Okay fine, maybe he is not as good or even close to the real Ronaldinho, however he does have a similar style in his play to the Brazilian legend, so you never know.

His name is Michael Roopchandsingh, a 20-year old New York-born footballer with Trinidadian parentage. Both of his parents are from South Trinidad, his mother (Carol) was born in Fyzabad, and his father (Tony) hails from La Romain.

Roopie as he is commonly known is strong on his left foot, has great skill and speed, loves to run at defenders and prides himself on being a team player.

College Career

Mike has had some success during his college and high school years in the U.S. He played for many teams including, Quickstrike FC, JBS, Newburgh FC, Newburgh Free Academy and most recently Herkimer County Community College.

Some of his accomplishments are; 2007 and 2008 first team all-star; Herkimer CCC first team all tournament team, first team all region and 2011 national champions. The talented left-winger has also managed to amass 45 goals with 75 assists in his career so far.

During his schooling years it was not always on the up for Mike as he felt heartbroken when his team Newburgh FC lost in the 2007 Sectional Championship final, and then he suffered the same fate at Herkimer County when they lost in the 2010 National NJCAA Championship finals to Suffolk’s Clippers.

Jonathon Rosscraig scored the equalizer after receiving an assist from none other than Roopie, but Herkimer could not hold on. Despite numerous chances on goal the Clippers delivered the final blow as Dimas Escobar notched his double and Herkimer’s Generals sank to a 2-1 defeat as the Clippers took home the trophy.

T&T call-up

Since then, Mike has gotten over the disappointment and has moved on to bigger and better things. He received many offers from schools in the US and while he is still deciding on his future as far as his education is concerned, the talented ball weaver has been trialing with the Trinidad and Tobago National Under 23 Olympic team.

It all began when Mike contacted the Soca Warriors Online (SWO) and expressed his interest in donning the red, white and black. His trial was eventually set up through yours truly and with the help of former T&T U-23 manager Norris Ferguson and assistant coach Derek King, Michael was on his way to the motherland.

There he received a warm welcome from his new found teammates and was quickly off to a training camp in Tobago. At first he said it was a little difficult as he did not know his teammates too well and felt uncomfortable playing his game. He told the SWO that he has never played at this level and felt a bit nervous which may have resulted in him not being selected to play against Finland in T&T’s first U-23 friendly before the Olympic final qualifiers in March 2012.

The ice eventually broke after a few sessions and Mike ended his trial on a positive note, as he did enough to earn a call back to another training camp set for next month in Tobago.

Regarding his experience with T&T’s U-23s Mike said: "I really didn't get much feedback from the coaches on how I performed and I feel I wasn’t really given a chance to run at defenders and make plays, so most of the time when I got the ball I would just pass it off. This however, was my fault, but I will learn from the experience and do better next time.”

"We had a scrimmage against Scarborough Secondary School which we won 3-1 and I went on in the last 20 minutes as a substitute.  I thought I played well, but I didn't run at defenders as I like to. I am still in a shell and I’m a little afraid to be myself with the ball as this is something new to me. During my next session we did some drills and shooting and I felt I showed Coach Angus Eve and his assistant Derek King that I can score with both feet."

"Then the big news came, I did not make the final 20 man squad to play against Finland, but in all fairness, the T&T team is of a very high-level and they are a great bunch of players who deserve their pick on the team."

"So for the game against Finland, I was in the Dwight Yorke Stadium cheering on the guys and I was very impressed with T&T and the players, especially Kevin Molino. Kevin is a baller! I would love to play alongside him, because together I feel we have a similar style and we can do a lot of damage to defenders."

"I was very happy T&T won and I think this team can go all the way.  We all know Mexico and USA are two top teams in CONCACAF, but I have no doubt in my mind T&T has the talent to beat them."

"Angus Eve and Derek King are doing a really great job with these guys and I am hoping I could be part of their plans. They treated me really nice and I am really grateful for such an opportunity. It was something I have never experienced in my life and something I will never forget."

Assistant coach Derek King gave his impression of Mike saying, "Well he is not a bad player at all, but he lacks the experience playing at this level, so it’s understandable that Mike will take a little more time to come along. The players we have now are at a good level with international experience, but we are keeping a close eye on Mike."

Brian Southworth, head coach of the Eastern N.Y. Premiere Travel Soccer Club said that: "Mike was one of the better players I have ever coached. He is passionate about the game, he was a pleasure to coach because of his attitude and work-rate and he never gives up."

"Mike is a genuine fighter, I believe if he does make the Trinidad and Tobago team they would benefit greatly because he is a player once he is on the top of his game he could change a situation in a heart beat, he is dynamic, technically gifted and his vision is excellent."

"In 2004/05 we were New York State Eastern U-15 Premiere league semi-finalist and the following year we won the U-16 title, which Mike played a pivotal role on the team success, ended coach Southworth."

Southworth holds a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) License and has over 15 years Youth Soccer Coaching Experience.

Heading East?

While Mike is patiently awaiting his next T&T camp, he is on a trial spell with T&T Pro League outfit North East Stars with the hope of joining their reserve team as he contemplates his professional career and educational opportunities.

He has already played in one of their games and based on Kevin Harrison’s (North East Stars Operations Director) report, he impressed.

On Saturday January 28, North East Stars Senior team played their Reserves in St John’s, St Augustine. The reported stated: "Roopie played from the start for the Reserves (same team that beat Army Reserves last week, which included many 1st team players including Richard Roy and Ross Russell Jr)."

"Roopie never really had the chance to show his best stuff. Some of this was due to the formation and some due to being new to the team with no real chance to build an understanding."

"Aside from the North East coaches though - Alcantara, Jeffrey and Sancho, there was also an assistant coach from St John’s University in USA who has spent a few days with North East Stars looking for talent. All of the coaches confirmed Roopie as a quality player."

"He will now train with the Reserves to get acclimatized and then obviously, if he shines through, will move up to the senior squad."

"He's a hard working player (which obviously didn't show on his personal DVD) and can take licks. It was full body contact today and Roopie took some knocks but got on with his game."

"Most refreshing was his enthusiasm, and he's a genuinely nice guy. Looking forward to him settling in and setting the Pro League alight, but first, I can't wait to see him in the Reserves, maybe even this week”, ended Kevin Harrison.

Mike loves football so much that he has tattooed ‘I love soccer’ on his neck and though he still needs to learn the tricks of the trade, one thing he surely has going for him is his talent and desire to be a great footballer like his idol Ronaldinho. Mike is also very close to his brother who is very ill and is in a wheelchair, and he dedicates every goal he scores to him.

"I love football and even though I was not born in Trinidad and Tobago I feel very connected. I love the people and the country, and I guess my parents did a great job raising us." My family here in Trinidad has also been very nice to me thus far. Even the fans are great.  I was moved by some of the guys on the SWO who were so supportive and despite some negative comments, most were very positive and encouraging and I want to say thanks to you all”, ended Mike.

With its small talent pool and no set of developmental program in place, T&T can’t afford to discard any of its young hopefuls, especially those that possess Mike’s talent and desire to represent T&T at the highest level. I am of the opinion Michael Roopchandsingh is one to watch for the future. He can produce electrifying moments on the field and I believe if afforded the opportunity to further establish himself in T&T’s national set up he could possibly be as influential in T&T’s game as his Brazilian idol is to Brazil.

Video: See Mike in action.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:31:46 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Trini-Ronaldinho?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »
Very well put together Flex.

Mike seems to have the right attitude and desire to play football which is a recipe for greatness.

I wish him the best in this next trial for T&T. Wether he makes the team or not, I hope wish him well, keep your hed up kid.

North East Stars seems to be stepping up its desire to sign some good young talents these days, big up to them as well.

I am hoping to buy a Roopie shirt soon.  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »
i hope he makes it. I just hope the TTFF don't screw up with their program. I glad he came and made appearance. At least Angus and them know about him. But I think he should be on training squad, at least. But nice moves and good first touch. Kinda remind me of Peter Mitchell.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »
Excellent idea Flex, to do a piece on Roopie. Great job.

All the best to Roop.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:40 PM »
He definitely have the talent as a skilled player, hope he keeps working hard wothout being discouraged at the moment. Things will work out for this kid.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 05:05:43 AM »
Flex BOSSS article! :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:15:13 AM »
Is Roopie related to Javed Mohammed who plays for T&TEC ? They sure look alike and they both left footed, Javed is also from La Romain.

Tallman, Flex, anyone ?

Mike

Javed

By the way Flex, this is a boss write up on this youth.

I wish him all the best.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »
Ah thought it was Guerra?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »
Well done Roops - stick with it.

Well done socawarriors.net for networking this kid into a good opportunity. Flex yuh deserve a lil agent's fee if he gets signed to a pro-league club!! lol....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »
Success is largely dependent on one's mental attitude. This young player seems to understand himself & where he stands in football. He can self evaluate, be critical & as a consequence have a plan to direct his growth. Very impressive! Look out!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »
I will be honest, it will be a miracle if this kid makes T&T Under 23 team and it have nothing to do with Roopie, but Angus Eve and Derek King is typical TTFF gun man. Angus Eve is in the mold of Anton Corneal.

Now, I want to make myself clear because man here will say that I am being bias for Roopie, but this is not about Roopie it is about foreign born players, our local coaches in T&T do not respect them (99% of them), like it or not, T&T locals are piss ass coaches and when they fail they go blame de players like Anton Corneal.

All I can tell Roopie is, if he sign for North East Stars make sure yuh bun up de T&T league, set de place on fire and make Angus Eve and Derek King eye run water.

Cameron Roget to, mash them up youth,,,,,, atleast you on de team,,,, but dont expect to make de final 20, not with Eve and them around.

And I hearing this from people close to de team. I also hearing that de olympic team crying that they not getting paid and they want to boycott T&T, and if this happens you will see how quick Angus Eve will call back Roopie......

Big up Flex for this nice article, I wish this youth all de best, grab this opportunity with both hands and blaze it up !!!!!! dance to soca youth..... thanks to man like Flex to recognising we youths.

My advice to all parents who live aboard and have T&T kids, keep them far away from T&T !!!!!

Thank you Ricky Shakes, he had the last laugh on Anton Corneal.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:37:13 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 09:45:57 AM »
Wonderful story they Flex and nice exposure for the youthman, I hope he focuses on the positives.

BTW, If Angus Eve did not pick him because he was not good enough for the team then that is fine.

But I just hope they did not judge him because of his race or his tattoos or else that would be a bloody shame.

Sam, Flex did mention that Eve invited Roopie back to train with T&T ? or did you hear something from de down low ?

What I dont understand is, why would they make foreign parents waste their hard earn money to pay for their kids to come and trial with the T&T team and they already know they not getting picked. Why didn't they just be straight up about it in the first place.

Now I don't feel to bad about Nick DeLeon and Kevan George dissing T&T.

Star Child, when saying so, them pics really look similar, maybe Javed and Mike related in truth ?

PS: FS, is Roopie now a NE Stars player ?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:48:07 AM by Sando »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 10:38:21 AM »
I do not know Angus Eve on a personal level so I cannot speak for him.

However, I can tell you that Derek King is a very nice guy and he was the one, both him and Ferguson that accepted Mike to come on trial.

I have not spoken to Mike in a while, so I do not know the latest developments, maybe he is invited back to trian with T&T, or maybe not. ? I am not 100% sure.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:41:14 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
Flex,,,, Derek King might be a decent fella,,,,,,, but Eve, Coops, Gally, Corneal etc, all them ole heads from de same school..... de only foreign players making T&T under 23 side MIGHT be de ones who playing in de MLS because them T&T coach DONT HAVE A CHOICE !!!!!

Maybe Mike should take a perm. ....  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:49:02 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
I will be honest, it will be a miracle if this kid makes T&T Under 23 team and it have nothing to do with Roopie, but Angus Eve and Derek King is typical TTFF gun man. Angus Eve is in the mold of Anton Corneal.

Now, I want to make myself clear because man here will say that I am being bias for Roopie, but this is not about Roopie it is about foreign born players, our local coaches in T&T do not respect them (99% of them), like it or not, T&T locals are piss ass coaches and when they fail they go blame de players like Anton Corneal.

All I can tell Roopie is, if he sign for North East Stars make sure yuh bun up de T&T league, set de place on fire and make Angus Eve and Derek King eye run water.

Cameron Roget to, mash them up youth,,,,,, atleast you on de team,,,, but dont expect to make de final 20, not with Eve and them around.

And I hearing this from people close to de team. I also hearing that de olympic team crying that they not getting paid and they want to boycott T&T, and if this happens you will see how quick Angus Eve will call back Roopie......

Big up Flex for this nice article, I wish this youth all de best, grab this opportunity with both hands and blaze it up !!!!!! dance to soca youth..... thanks to man like Flex to recognising we youths.

My advice to all parents who live aboard and have T&T kids, keep them far away from T&T !!!!!

Thank you Ricky Shakes, he had the last laugh on Anton Corneal.

I'm hearing that they were offered $200 as their match fee for Finland. The players get vex and refused to train Tues and Weds.

Also, these regular training sessions are not respectful of Pro League clubs. Not sure of all teams agendas but North East played Tuesday, Reserves today (Thurs), St Anns Friday, FA Trophy Sunday, Army Tuesday, Reserve game weds or thurs, Jabloteh Friday. How the ass can we release 4 players and a member of staff? We have Jean-Luc, Drogba, Butters and Marchant. All playing in first team. You try to be patriotic, but you have prioritise your club.

We then have a two week break for carnival (thats madness!), so why doesn't Eve call a 10 day camp then? So, they miss one carnival for the chance of playing in USA and maybe London. Players in UK miss Christmas with their families every year. One 33 year old player told me that he hadn't had Christmas dinner with his family since he was 17.

Also, I've heard no indication of arrangements for the league while the squad is overseas. Will there be another 2 week break then?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »
Wonderful story they Flex and nice exposure for the youthman, I hope he focuses on the positives.

BTW, If Angus Eve did not pick him because he was not good enough for the team then that is fine.

But I just hope they did not judge him because of his race or his tattoos or else that would be a bloody shame.

Sam, Flex did mention that Eve invited Roopie back to train with T&T ? or did you hear something from de down low ?

What I dont understand is, why would they make foreign parents waste their hard earn money to pay for their kids to come and trial with the T&T team and they already know they not getting picked. Why didn't they just be straight up about it in the first place.

Now I don't feel to bad about Nick DeLeon and Kevan George dissing T&T.

Star Child, when saying so, them pics really look similar, maybe Javed and Mike related in truth ?

PS: FS, is Roopie now a NE Stars player ?

At this stage, Roopie is training with the reserves. Ultimately, the coach will decide if he wants to sign him. He trained with first team on monday. I know the coaches like him, so we'll see how he progresses. I think he will be registered for N.E., maybe on a non contract basis for now to preserve his amateur status. Once I know something definate I will inform the forum.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »
nice video. skills for so.

if i was defending him ah woulda have to mash him up  :devil:. i is the trini gattuso.

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »
I don't think it has anything to do with race is why Mike is not getting picked, however,  it would surely be nice to add a little diversity to the team, it would generate more support and a better chance to get sponsors. Lets face it guys, there is a lot of rich business men in Trinidad who are indio-Trinis.

About the match fee, is that in TT or US?

Look how times have changed, today all the generation only cares about money first and then success, even regular players like this current under 23 team, imagine if they where real stars? No one cares how important it is to fly your T&T flag and the ones who will die to wear the Jersey is being ignored.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:40 PM »
Shelly  keep the race thing outta this nuh . leave dat for Professor sc and Professor jc dem fellas good at race talk.. Roopie guh get his turn when he is able to play wid the big boys....Keep yu head up roopie and play yu ball.. Trus mi wid football and cricket In TNT race has never been an issue once yu could play yu good to go ..
blessings...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 03:29:13 PM »
as long as those coaches and their cabal controlling selection and nat'l football, tt football will be at the bottom.

they have to get rid of all of them... that is the only way to solve our football problem

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 03:46:52 PM »
as long as those coaches and their cabal controlling selection and nat'l football, tt football will be at the bottom.

they have to get rid of all of them... that is the only way to solve our football problem
      You know what's funny about this,when Jack was there Jack used to select the teams,now is the Coaches and their cabal controlling selection and national team Football,who alyu expect to select our national teams.Typical Trinis never satisfied or can't agree on anything,that's what have Football struggling.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:51:36 PM by Coop's »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 05:03:28 PM »
Shelly  keep the race thing outta this nuh . leave dat for Professor sc and Professor jc dem fellas good at race talk.. Roopie guh get his turn when he is able to play wid the big boys....Keep yu head up roopie and play yu ball.. Trus mi wid football and cricket In TNT race has never been an issue once yu could play yu good to go ..
blessings...

War to be honest, I am glad this lil yute come home and spicing up the football a bit. Even though I don't like to bring up the race, I glad he appeared on the football scene in TT. I honestly hope he serves as a role model for all TT yutes, especially the young Indos. For some reason their is this mental block that they can't play football or football is for black boys and cricket is for we. It has to start with the family. They have to encourage them to look at the game seriously. But then again, the cabal that run football for the past 30 years gave no encouragement either.

The video show that this kid has a drive and determination and the kind of skills(Peter Mitchell, Marvin Oliver, Toussaint, Deleon, Latas),  that give a team an edge when they playing another team on the same level. But he needs to be with a professional outfit NOW. Either local or in the US.  I hope he makes the U-23. But I am not the coach. Angus will make that decision. And I praying he gets it right.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 05:21:11 PM »
I don't think it has anything to do with race is why Mike is not getting picked, however,  it would surely be nice to add a little diversity to the team, it would generate more support and a better chance to get sponsors. Lets face it guys, there is a lot of rich business men in Trinidad who are indio-Trinis.

Look how times have changed, today all the generation only cares about money first and then success, even regular players like this current under 23 team, imagine if they where real stars? No one cares how important it is to fly your T&T flag and the ones who will die to wear the Jersey is being ignored.

The match fee is in TT. Pride is a superb motivator, but it don't pay the rent. When was the last time you were asked to work additional days for free to promote your company, knowing full well that your boss was earning 10 times your salary, yet only gave you a pocketful of change for your troubles?

Football is a trade. While I don't believe players should be paid thousands, I do think they're worth more than TT$200. I don't know, but I wonder if TTFF administrators travelled over to Tobago and stayed in a 5 star hotel? Because they don't need to be there. The players do.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 05:25:11 PM »
blessings...

War to be honest, I am glad this lil yute come home and spicing up the football a bit. Even though I don't like to bring up the race, I glad he appeared on the football scene in TT. I honestly hope he serves as a role model for all TT yutes, especially the young Indos. For some reason their is this mental block that they can't play football or football is for black boys and cricket is for we. It has to start with the family. They have to encourage them to look at the game seriously. But then again, the cabal that run football for the past 30 years gave no encouragement either.

The video show that this kid has a drive and determination and the kind of skills(Peter Mitchell, Marvin Oliver, Toussaint, Deleon, Latas),  that give a team an edge when they playing another team on the same level. But he needs to be with a professional outfit NOW. Either local or in the US.  I hope he makes the U-23. But I am not the coach. Angus will make that decision. And I praying he gets it right.
       Deeks i'm glad you mention Marvin Oliver,he never made a national team with all the ability he has,he dominated school and club Football for years,even won a car as MVP of the Pro league,never got selected and nobody got on as they are getting on for Roopie,all they did was talk about the hair on his head,the thing is Roopie has just as much hair could that be the cause?
      When you say you hope Angus gets it right what do you mean,Roopie should make the national team?i would like to see NE Stars select him that will tell me if he has the ability to play on the national team,all those guys on the U23 playing in the Pro league. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:31:34 PM by Coop's »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 05:25:57 PM »

You know what's funny about this,when Jack was there Jack used to select the teams,now is the Coaches and their cabal controlling selection and national team Football,who alyu expect to select our national teams.Typical Trinis never satisfied or can't agree on anything,that's what have Football struggling.

Again, you acting like you do not know what is going on in T&T football. Jack Warner is still involved or he left his people there, different people under the same ruling and same philosophy.

Wake up man, you were there once you of all people should know.

The problem is the TTFF, they just cant get it together, same people and same decisions, expect different outcome.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »
       Deeks i'm glad you mention Marvin Oliver,he never made a national team with all the ability he has,he dominated school and club Football for years,even won a car as MVP of the Pro league,never got selected and nobody got on as they are getting on for Roopie,all they did was talk about the hair on his head,the thing is Roopie has just as much hair could that be the cause?
      When you say you hope Angus gets it right what do you mean,Roopie should make the national team?i would like to see NE Stars select him that will tell me if he has the ability to play on the national team,all those guys on the U23 playing in the Pro league. 

I am surprise you didn't blame Terry Fenwick for this one with Oliver and if you go back to the thread you will see many here asking for Marvin Oliver to be included on the T&T team despite being 34 and have a discipline problem.

He got MVP four years ago and got a cap for T&T.

Hair has nothing to do with it, Brian Williams and Arnold Dwarika was some of my favorite players, aparently people of your age group is the problem in T&T today, they want to control everything and still have the island man mentality.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

And btw, no one here is saying Roopie must be on the team. We want the T&T coaches to keep him under their radar, he tried and did not make the team, he is young and off course he have some talent, he is willing to play in T&T and for T&T, why not keep him close. ?

He deserve a chance like a few who got chances galore for the T&T team and wasted it, like- Rahim, Jemmott, Guerra, Aklie Edwards, Keon Daniel etc.

How many times we sit here and beg for players like Robert Primus, Boucaud, Hector, Jake Thomson, Collin Samuel, Cornell Glen, Yohance Marshall, Darryl Roberts etc to be called up for T&T.

Give the guy an A for trying and willing to give up school to play in the T&T leagues, both Roopie and Cameron Roget are making major sacrifices and I hope it pays off in the end for both of them.

While the locals looking to strike, the foreigners willing to play, what a hell of a thing.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:46:39 PM by Sando »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »

Marvin's issues were not related to football. By de time Marvin went back home, you could argue dat he missed his window of opportunity.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 05:51:22 PM »

The match fee is in TT. Pride is a superb motivator, but it don't pay the rent. When was the last time you were asked to work additional days for free to promote your company, knowing full well that your boss was earning 10 times your salary, yet only gave you a pocketful of change for your troubles?

Football is a trade. While I don't believe players should be paid thousands, I do think they're worth more than TT$200. I don't know, but I wonder if TTFF administrators travelled over to Tobago and stayed in a 5 star hotel? Because they don't need to be there. The players do.

Agreed !!!!

And thanks for clearing this up. $200 TT is bad.

However, I believe, you need to prove yourself and money will follow and these young people in Trinidad today just wants to be rich over night for nothing, they have to understand they have to work hard and make sacrifices to be successful.

Yorke played for a pair of boots when he was a young player in Tobago, today he is rich becuase he worked hard and didn't think about being rich first.

This is a great opportunity for our young players, they could benefit greatly from play in the Olympic qualifiers in LA. You cant be "Penny wise, pound foolish".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:54:01 PM by shelly »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

Marvin's issues were not related to football. By de time Marvin went back home, you could argue dat he missed his window of opportunity.

Thank you Tallman and at what age he retured to T&T again ?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:43 PM »

I am surprise you didn't blame Terry Fenwick for this one and if you go back to the thread you will see many here asking for Marvin Oliver to be included on the T&T team despite being 34 and have a discipline problem.

Hair has nothing to do with it, Brian Williams and Arnold Dwarika was some of my favorite players, aparently people of your age group is the problem in T&T today, they want to control everything and still have the island man mentality.

And btw, no one here is saying Roopie must be on the team. We want the T&T coaches to keep him under their radar, he tried and did not make the team, he is young and off course he have some talent, he is willing to play in T&T and for T&T, why not keep him close. ?

He deserve a chance like a few who got chances galore for the T&T team and wasted it, like- Rahim, Jemmott, Guerra, Aklie Edwards, Keon Daniel etc.

You only talking crap,i know a number of guys who suffered because of their hairstyles from making the national team,

I am surprise you didn't blame Terry Fenwick for this one and if you go back to the thread you will see many here asking for Marvin Oliver to be included on the T&T team despite being 34 and have a discipline problem.

How many times we sit here and beg for players like Robert Primus, Boucaud, Hector, Jake Thomson, Collin Samuel, Cornell Glen, Yohance Marshall, Darryl Roberts etc to be called up for T&T.

You don't make any team by begging to be on it,you make a team through hard work and ability,it's always up to the Coaches to select you.
       Guys like Brian Williams broke barriers,i can call many players who was not considered for national selection because of their hairstyles Clauzel is one example,don't tell me hair had nothing to do with it,that has changed quite a lot.

1]; } ?>