April 26, 2024, 10:34:20 AM

Author Topic: The Trini-Ronaldinho?  (Read 27295 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roopie is back in Trinidad ??
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2013, 10:14:50 AM »
What can we expect from this ?

If he is back a lot can be expected,i think he should be much more matured as a player,the guys who were interested in him when they were with NE can add him to their Roster at Central since they still need players,under our new Coach every one is being looked at,so the timing and options good right now.My hope is that he will not have the problems he had the last time,eligibility,transfer,contract issues etc etc   

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »

If he is back a lot can be expected,i think he should be much more matured as a player,the guys who were interested in him when they were with NE can add him to their Roster at Central since they still need players,under our new Coach every one is being looked at,so the timing and options good right now.My hope is that he will not have the problems he had the last time,eligibility,transfer,contract issues etc etc   

Sounds simple eh? Who do we get rid of to make room? Winchester? Quintero? Marcano?  Roopie is trying out with Central, but the reality is that Fenwick will not just evaluate him on his ability, but also if his budget can justify his inclusion. Even if Roopie is better than the next man, the next man has a contract until May, so you can't just tell him to go away. I hope Roopie is all that we all hope for, but we have no room for luxury players, so he has to earn his keep!

He came to help out with today's youth trials and took a run with the U18's in preparation for joining the team tomorrow. As usual, he had some nice touches.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2013, 01:40:55 PM »

Sounds simple eh? Who do we get rid of to make room? Winchester? Quintero? Marcano?  Roopie is trying out with Central, but the reality is that Fenwick will not just evaluate him on his ability, but also if his budget can justify his inclusion. Even if Roopie is better than the next man, the next man has a contract until May, so you can't just tell him to go away. I hope Roopie is all that we all hope for, but we have no room for luxury players, so he has to earn his keep!

He came to help out with today's youth trials and took a run with the U18's in preparation for joining the team tomorrow. As usual, he had some nice touches.
     Breds i mentioned you all because of what went on the last time he was here,people put Skeene and Angus Eve under a lot of pressure for different reasons,i thought he would be good enough this time around to make a Pro team and play in the Pro league.

Since you all have no room for him why don't you offer his services to another team that needs a player of his quality.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »
Is this guy good? Not heard much about him

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »

Breds i mentioned you all because of what went on the last time he was here,people put Skeene and Angus Eve under a lot of pressure for different reasons,i thought he would be good enough this time around to make a Pro team and play in the Pro league.

Since you all have no room for him why don't you offer his services to another team that needs a player of his quality.

Coops, what I mean is that just because a player is ok, doesn't mean a team can sign him. Budgets are tight everywhere. Roopie can go wherever he chooses, we're not his agent! But he chose to try out with us first and I explained the situation. I think he will get a game in the ProLeague, but we'll have to see where he ends up. Hopefully it will be Central. He's a good lad.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
Don't think Coops quite grab the contract business, and honestly, I don't know much, as far as TT pro league either....do youhave short terms,monthly, yearly, by seasons...multiyear ?  10 days ? Please give a few examples

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Trini-Ronaldinho?
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »
Don't think Coops quite grab the contract business, and honestly, I don't know much, as far as TT pro league either....do youhave short terms,monthly, yearly, by seasons...multiyear ?  10 days ? Please give a few examples
    U are quite correct i don't quite grab the contract business i'm not quite versed in it.What i do know was the situation Roopie ended up in the last time he was here,NE wanted him to train/play with the club in the Pro League and they were told that he could not by Dexter Skeene for reasons having to do with i think Transfers,eligibility,contract etc etc from my knowledge FIFA have set guidelines pertaining to that.
    Some people think the guy is good enough because it was unfair when Eve did not give him an option to Tryout for the National Youth team or i think he tried out and did not make it,i'm glad Central is looking out for him.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »
Video of Roopie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2GmPzvBdE
Definitely a star to invest in. FS/Sancho and co. .... buy the guy! Borrow the money if yuh have to and pay for him. You have no choice!!
Now is the time to make your move and carry Central FC to the next level.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2013, 05:51:12 PM »
Video of Roopie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2GmPzvBdE
Definitely a star to invest in. FS/Sancho and co. .... buy the guy! Borrow the money if yuh have to and pay for him. You have no choice!!
Now is the time to make your move and carry Central FC to the next level.
     Alyu still looking at that Video? the guy here and Central trains/play every day,they have Tryouts for the U18 team,i guess there are lots of options to look at the guy and make a decision one way or the other.Now always take into consideration that decision rests with Fenwick.I don't know about "Borrow the money" ???

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:50 PM »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »
I hope the youth man catches a break...that said, in a more serious football environment, I'm not sure if more seasoned defenders would be that easily beaten on the pitch...hard to tell if he's just a player with an immature understanding of the game or if he's just that good. I suppose football supporter could share some more insight based on what he has seen...

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2013, 02:47:27 AM »
Sadly a good youth career doesn't always transition over to a good adult one. What I saw in the 2013 one wasn't as impressive as the youth one - I hope he can adapt his game and kill the Pro League but he was having troubles there :(

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2013, 04:28:08 AM »
He look like one for the wings/midfield...notice on the video his last and only shot was a goal. Wish him all the best....as a soldier said...playing against a more professional team is a different beast. I cyah see men eating them fake and spanner and thing so...unless he's trulyy ah dan with de ball
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2013, 06:41:17 AM »
So wether Roopie do good or bad, it doesn't matter because Central can't afford to sign him, so he wasting time then?

What is de purpose of de trial?

He should go to Rangers, them need help bad and he would guarantee a run if they sign him.

W Connection is a good place to go also, but them squad deep, Roopie might not be able to make that team.

Point might be another option but them might be broke to.

Apart from being broke, Central is a good option to, and they just won the First Citizens Cup first prize of $100,000, they could spend a few dollars to improve they depth so when players get call up by T&T at least it wouldn't hurt them so much.

They have to make de sacrifice if they want a better side and more trophies. A one year contract with a new  young player can't be much?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:44:20 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »
So wether Roopie do good or bad, it doesn't matter because Central can't afford to sign him, so he wasting time then?

He should go to Rangers, them need help bad and he would guarantee a run if they sign him.

W Connection is a good place to go also, but them squad deep, Roopie might not be able to make that team.

Apart from being broke, Central is a good option to, and they just won the First Citizens Cup first prize of $100,000, they could spend a few dollars to improve they depth so when players get call up by T&T at least it wouldn't hurt them so much.

They have to make de sacrifice if they want a better side and more trophies. A one year contract with a new  young player can't be much?

no offense to the guys back home in the pro league, but i have lost confidence in them a while back... roopchand should look for a mls team or try to get to europe, running in the pro league is a step back imo... the league and admin already disorganized... get to a scout or an agent in north america, europe and forget fighting up with people who backward thinking

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2013, 09:58:39 AM »

no offense to the guys back home in the pro league, but i have lost confidence in them a while back... roopchand should look for a mls team or try to get to europe, running in the pro league is a step back imo... the league and admin already disorganized... get to a scout or an agent in north america, europe and forget fighting up with people who backward thinking

Right, so he was born in USA, played his entire career in USA, yet these magic people are better than we? Get real bro....every single professional club in the world has a budget and has to make the same decisions.  You can't even spell the boy's name correctly, yet we backward  :rotfl: :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2013, 10:01:06 AM »

Every club is trying to manage a budget. With respect to Roopie, thousands of players can look good in an edited video. We get dozens sent to us from all over the world. Roopie is a great guy, but Fenwick has to judge what he has, what he wants and what he can afford.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2013, 11:12:19 AM »
His touches are silky.  I hope he catches on with a team because he has a certain amount of flair that will surely entertain.  He dribbles the way we like so I imagine he could realistically bring in a few more people to see the games.  He reminds me of Angus Eve when he was in Compre and playing in our minor league in Carenage, touches and beats fuh days!  If he does stick and somehow makes our national team in the future he would aid in bringing back the fans if he is indeed good enough to dribble that way against professional defenders.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2013, 01:11:17 PM »
His touches are silky.  I hope he catches on with a team because he has a certain amount of flair that will surely entertain.  He dribbles the way we like so I imagine he could realistically bring in a few more people to see the games.  He reminds me of Angus Eve when he was in Compre and playing in our minor league in Carenage, touches and beats fuh days!  If he does stick and somehow makes our national team in the future he would aid in bringing back the fans if he is indeed good enough to dribble that way against professional defenders.

MS, Roopie is the first player I've seen in T&T that I think will gets bums off seats when he gets the ball. I really hope he comes through as I think he could be a crowd pleaser.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
Now yuh talking FS. "CROWD PLEASER"
You yourself are at the forefront of trying to pull crowds  and develop an energized fan base with buzz
It's a no brainer that Central FC should take him. What more you want?
If you don't then another team like one of your rivals will and iz monkey smoke your pipe.
So do the right thing.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
Fans having a say in who should be bought or not.

Interesting concept.

Even more interesting is the belief from these fans that Roopie is the real deal.

I have to admit, I like what I saw on the video clips without really taking into consideration the quality of the opposition, playing on an american football field with markings, etc.

Maurice Alibey used to tear up minor leagues back in de day.  Nobody could stay with him, beats like rain, powerful shot, good header etc.  But when he played international ball......less said about it the better.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »
No one will take the clips as a sold deal, but he is worth a shot, you can't compare players Palos, some come through and some don't, its about giving him a chance and then make the judgement.

Who knows what the future holds, the kid can play, is he a big player, one day he may be or may not be.

I am very interested in seeing him play, I feel if Central can sign him even until the season is up he is worth a shot.

We need players who can play with his flair and hopefully Central FC can help develop his talent into something better, but Roopie have to grab the chance with both hands.

Kevin saw him many times live and is also impress by him, so forget the video.

The boy has talent.

FS, whats the latest?

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2013, 07:08:27 PM »
No one will take the clips as a sold deal, but he is worth a shot, you can't compare players Palos, some come through and some don't, its about giving him a chance and then make the judgement.

Who knows what the future holds, the kid can play, is he a big player, one day he may be or may not be.

I am very interested in seeing him play, I feel if Central can sign him even until the season is up he is worth a shot.

We need players who can play with his flair and hopefully Central FC can help develop his talent into something better, but Roopie have to grab the chance with both hands.

Kevin saw him many times live and is also impress by him, so forget the video.

The boy has talent.

FS, whats the latest?

Don't really believe that this is Fenwick's type of player....could be wrong?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2013, 07:13:59 PM »
True Sando.  We too small to pass up anybody.

At the end of the day, there are going to be players that coaches like and other they don't.  Central FC is not the only club in T&T so if they don't give him a shot, maybe someone else will. 

I guess we hadda determine what "a shot" is.  Is it to make the team?  To play a game?  To play regularly?

Like anything else....yuh often need a combination of luck, ability, discipline, luck, tenacity, and luck to make de grade.

Enough good players get a trial and either sick on the day, or simply have no clue how to prepare themselves for a trial.  Then they go, don't make a good impression and that opportunity gone.  Because you only have that ONE chance to make that first impression.

On the other hand, it have some teams that have no clue what it is they want.  They may overlook a diamond in the rough because the player didn't spannah somebody, or deemed to be too lightweight and not athletic enough.

Good luck to Roopie....and all others that harbor the dream of a professional football career.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2013, 09:33:08 PM »

Right, so he was born in USA, played his entire career in USA, yet these magic people are better than we? Get real bro....every single professional club in the world has a budget and has to make the same decisions.  You can't even spell the boy's name correctly, yet we backward  :rotfl: :rotfl:

FS, I understand your passion for local football and your dedication but your post was just plain ignorant and out of place. Reason being, the comments I made to Sam was not directed at you or central but the pro league admin and heads that run the league, who I have dealt with before and who continue to fail on a yearly basis. Before you even came on the TT scene in terms of anything football, so please spare me the martyr bullshit because I've been around football a while.

whether you want to face it or not, the US system is better run and funded, and supported, those are facts, as well as the UK and europe. I agree the pro league has helped many players but the heads still falter and lack foresight... Up to now T&T does not have 5 reputable agents for football, which makes it even worse for players who need to be nurtured in a better system, nothing against Central FC and to be honest my comments to Sam was referring to the league and not your club, next time I will clarify myself better or better yet, maybe you should ask instead of jumping to asnine statements.

And for the record I don't know your budget and don't pretend to know or cast judgement, I hope you or another club does sign him and see how far he can be developed.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »

FS, I understand your passion for local football and your dedication but your post was just plain ignorant and out of place. Reason being, the comments I made to Sam was not directed at you or central but the pro league admin and heads that run the league, who I have dealt with before and who continue to fail on a yearly basis. Before you even came on the TT scene in terms of anything football, so please spare me the martyr bullshit because I've been around football a while.

whether you want to face it or not, the US system is better run and funded, and supported, those are facts, as well as the UK and europe. I agree the pro league has helped many players but the heads still falter and lack foresight... Up to now T&T does not have 5 reputable agents for football, which makes it even worse for players who need to be nurtured in a better system, nothing against Central FC and to be honest my comments to Sam was referring to the league and not your club, next time I will clarify myself better or better yet, maybe you should ask instead of jumping to asnine statements.

And for the record I don't know your budget and don't pretend to know or cast judgement, I hope you or another club does sign him and see how far he can be developed.

Contro, yes, I did snap at your comments, perhaps unjustly, but my point remains: if Roopie is so obviously a potential superstar, then why hasn't the MLS scouts or agents picked him up? You seem to think that it's so obvious that a Pro League club should sign Roopie, yet no U.S. team has.
Yes, there are loads of improvements needed in T&T football, not least the fact that a principal at a school often has more sway that the entire ProLeague, but we are trying to improve things.
As for Roopie, I try to explain the situation from the clubs perspective. No matter how much everyone wants this to be a success story, the fact is that, like USA and UK, clubs have to look at the value a player can add. It's up to Roopie to perform to a level that ensures that he is signed. Maybe some coaches won't fancy him and the next coach will. But as mentioned before, Ian Wright had countless attempts before he finally got a Pro contract.
I never once implied that the U.S. system is not better run than the Pro League...that would be pretty dumb, so I'm not sure where you got that from...or the "martyr bullshit".
You did have the decency to say "no offence" and I realise you were not taking a shot at Central, but sadly for us, Central is part of the Pro League and we can only get better if the league gets better. Unfortunately, there are some clubs that still don't understand this. It's a case of "all for one and me for myself"

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2013, 07:34:00 AM »
D yute have plenty plenty talent.  Very very promising player I must say!!! I am not part of d selection committee, but from what I see, maybe his lack of being able to utilize his right foot may be a turn off for most of our local coaches...  We all know that there are many great "dead" left foot players out here, but from the clips I saw, there were many scoring chances or "promising" chances that could have been created had he utilized his right foot.  Roopie, if yuh reading  dis my friend.... You are awesome to watch, but maybe spend some time in the off season working on swinging the right foot! You may land yourself a big big contract..

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »
Where does Roopie play at this point in time?has he ever tried playing on any of the Pro/Semi Pro teams in the US?with the ability he has that might help clubs make a decision on weather they want him or not.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
This is an exciting player to watch. However against a pro-league opponent that free flowing creativity might disappear. If you can stay in T&T a Super League team might not be too bad an option. Some of these super league sides handing the pro-league their ass in a basket. Do well there and you could catch the eye of a pro-league coach or two.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2013, 08:39:38 PM »
Maybe Roop's strategy is to find a local team . . .catch the eye of the NT coach (SH) and get international exposure . . .Yuh Tink?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>