April 17, 2024, 09:18:23 PM

Author Topic: The Trini-Ronaldinho?  (Read 27195 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Trini-Ronaldinho?
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2013, 06:08:46 AM »
First off, good work Flex on the article and in helping to pave a way for such a talented young player. Great find and I hope Eve and King continue to follow their good judgement and re-invite this player to the camps.

On his seeming shortcomings...  I believe he woulda reach TnT and realise that though he is "normally" Superman on the field; he happened to be visiting Krypton itself and them youth man go need more than one and two fan/shake to get rid ah dem.

Ask anybody who home and sweatin or been home and ketch one. Some ah dem youths runnin like ants! Having said that, I believe that a stint with N.E. (if he survive) could be a very good thing for him if he could adapt. Then  because of his trickery, positioning, energy and  ability to pass  79%-83% accurately, he should emerge from amongst his peers.   

To the youthman since he is a reader, protect yourself and learn fast. If yuh over-reach it will hurt. Krypton remember? Humility as yuh study cause as nice as yuh is, you will be the student but once yuh ketch de timin, it could be on for you.

Lastly, is a war not just one battle.  Sustain; so yuh could fight battles and then win the war!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »
How is Roopie trial coming along FS?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Roopie have to be a mad man to want to join this fete side team they call Central who have a coach with a ego problem.

They can't organize they foot from they elbow.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »
Roopie have to be a mad man to want to join this fete side team they call Central who have a coach with a ego problem.

Better the team headed by a crook eh Horner? The 'ego problem' coach is one of the most successful in TT Pro history

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2013, 01:21:20 PM »
Has he quit Slippery Rock University? He only played in 2 games this season.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2013, 10:39:38 PM »

And a fete side that beat Joe Public 3-0. So what does that make them??

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2013, 05:58:47 AM »

And a fete side that beat Joe Public 3-0. So what does that make them??

At least we do not carry the title PROFESSIONAL. We are Semi-Pro that sold all our players to Central.

Joe Public have many trophies little boy.

Central FC is a professional team that operates unprofessionally.

Imagine a pro team dont have an extra $10 dollars to pay for a buss pass but they trialing players, for what !!!!! is not like they could sign them.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »
I've become convinced that Jack Horner is a sock puppet or literally has psychological issues - he only pops up to insult people, what's his deal?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »

Roopie had a family emergency and had to cut his trial short and return to the US.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2013, 05:27:45 PM »

Roopie had a family emergency and had to cut his trial short and return to the US.

I spoke to Terry Fenwick today concerning Roopie before we heard that he had left. Terry said that he had given Roopie a bit of time to settle in and liked what he saw, but told him that he needed to step up his game now to force his way in.
I can't say that Roopie would definitely have been offered a contract, but from what I saw, I'm sure he could have signed with another ProLeague club. He probably needs half a season here to reach his peak. He needs to get used to less time on the ball, more aggressive challenges and the combination of heavy surfaces and high temperature.

He's a good lad and I'm sorry that he had to rush back.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
I spoke to Terry Fenwick today concerning Roopie before we heard that he had left. Terry said that he had given Roopie a bit of time to settle in and liked what he saw, but told him that he needed to step up his game now to force his way in.
I can't say that Roopie would definitely have been offered a contract, but from what I saw, I'm sure he could have signed with another ProLeague club. He probably needs half a season here to reach his peak. He needs to get used to less time on the ball, more aggressive challenges and the combination of heavy surfaces and high temperature.

He's a good lad and I'm sorry that he had to rush back.

Encouraging feedback for de yute.

Sound like one to keep an eye out for.  Hope de family emergency work out ok.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2013, 05:39:39 AM »
I live close to Roopie and that is not what I heard.

The kid asked for a trial through Flex, got de ok from Central and when he went there no one made time to give him a decent trial, everybody was busy.

The Adrian Romain fella is a total idiot and Darren Mitchell too, who is very disrespectful.

Fenwick just not interested and did not communicate with the guy to tell him anything really, he didn't even give him a proper look, just had a brief talk with him and blow some smoke up he ass a little. And had him dangling there like a puppet like he have all the time in the world.

The thing what getting me vex is, de kid asked FIRST and then when he paid his way they just dump him on the side not even talking to him.

Sancho offer de man a ride after de Adidas game in PoS and then after de game disappear. They couldn't find him, he said that God for Marc Leslie.

This is totally unprofessional and I cant understand what Central would treat trailist like that because Sancho, Fenwick and Harrison all are from foreign or played there and should be a little more professional.

The kid told me, he didnot expect them to sign him if he wasn't good enough, just wanted a fair trial. Even in the drills, he was left out, how can you have someone on trial and not giving him a trial?

He took time off from school and spent his entire allowance to go to T&T only to be stood up.

Kevin then organise a trial for him with Rangers but didn't even tell him. De get get fed up and left T&T.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:44:37 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
I live close to Roopie and that is not what I heard.

The kid asked for a trial through Flex, got de ok from Central and when he went there no one made time to give him a decent trial, everybody was busy.

The Adrian Romain fella is a total idiot and Darren Mitchell too, who is very disrespectful.

Fenwick just not interested and did not communicate with the guy to tell him anything really, he didn't even give him a proper look, just had a brief talk with him and blow some smoke up he ass a little. And had him dangling there like a puppet like he have all the time in the world.

The thing what getting me vex is, de kid asked FIRST and then when he paid his way they just dump him on the side not even talking to him.

Sancho offer de man a ride after de Adidas game in PoS and then after de game disappear. They couldn't find him, he said that God for Marc Leslie.

This is totally unprofessional and I cant understand what Central would treat trailist like that because Sancho, Fenwick and Harrison all are from foreign or played there and should be a little more professional.

The kid told me, he didnot expect them to sign him if he wasn't good enough, just wanted a fair trial. Even in the drills, he was left out, how can you have someone on trial and not giving him a trial?

He took time off from school and spent his entire allowance to go to T&T only to be stood up.

Kevin then organise a trial for him with Rangers but didn't even tell him. De get get fed up and left T&T.

Totally depressing and disappointed.

Them guys in T&T like Romain get a little position and feel they could do and say what they want and treat people like animals. I remember him after Jabloteh folded like a beggar all over the place until Fenwick gave him a second chance, he was at Rangers hungry.

I expected more from Terry, I know he is a no nonsense person and though he would have given Roopie a fair chance.

Life funny in T&T, the one who dying to play not getting the break and the ones who wothless making it.

Central loss marks by me.

Who told Roopie to come for the trial, was it Flex call or Fenwick?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2013, 10:52:42 AM »
Maybe if Rundell could get a look in by Hart ,just maybe Hart could take a look at roopie even if its for the junior teams .
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:13:05 AM by Qmire »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »
Hey Roopie i have a great idea for you man ,check this out ! Hit me a pm let you know .

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2013, 11:28:26 AM »
Sad to hear if true, kinda shattered the image for Central a bit!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »
Apart from everything Sam say, I especially like the setting up of the trial with Rangers and not letting him know, won't even try to figure that one out :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »

If you believe all that you read. I refuse to comment when people hear one side of a story and automatically accept it as gospel.
I've been around long enough now to earn a little respect and Sancho more so.
I'm just surprised that people automatically dismiss feedback from posters like Diamondtrim, who I've only met once, yet repeat feedback from someone who is emotionally involved and disappointed.
Still, that's life.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
Apart from everything Sam say, I especially like the setting up of the trial with Rangers and not letting him know, won't even try to figure that one out :)

Unfortunately, Sam has been completely mislead and now, Fyzo, you're following. Nobody at Central F.C. has spoken to any club about Roopie. In fact, they probably don't even know he exists. All people are doing is spreading gossip which will do no more than damage Roopie's reputation in T&T football. If that's your intention, then carry on.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
The first half decent indian in over 40 years who could be a role model in Footie ,and he already halfway brown listed .FS you self say you would sign a retired 40 year old speng instead ,me personally would get Roops to work with speng to get even deadier since hes younger ,but hey.
Plus no other teams know of Roopie .. say what we could wait another 40 years.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:18:58 PM by Qmire »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2013, 12:26:17 PM »
lol Fenwick and they mustbe thought Roopie get tie up looking for the Red Force tryouts and wasting his time.
Thought Roopie woulda been the first indian to create a buzz within that segment in 35 years .But like Fenwick no different ,I think England is the same with brown ppl doh rank them as footballers,Fenwick mustbe thought then hes trying out as the new team doctor.
This might not be fair but what happen to Roops was not fair ,so hey alls fair .

You are totally right about how the English feel about Indians and football.While at school,in Inner London,many Indian boys had trials with clubs but none never made it.My school had a boy who was sure to make it,went to Liverpool but ended up as a no-body,not only him but visiting schools also had very good Indian boys,but the English don't really think highly of them,even if they are good.They make jokes and say they better stick to business,or become doctors.I sometimes go to club football and there are many good Asians,it will take the English another 20 years to accept Indians in football.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2013, 12:42:03 PM »

Unfortunately, Sam has been completely mislead and now, Fyzo, you're following. Nobody at Central F.C. has spoken to any club about Roopie. In fact, they probably don't even know he exists. All people are doing is spreading gossip which will do no more than damage Roopie's reputation in T&T football. If that's your intention, then carry on.
Bredda I just making an observation, I been on here tooooo long and know people too much to just dive in headlong when people say dis and/or dat one here :)

Matter of fact I was waiting to hear what you had to say and almost call you out in my post (but didn't want to get put in my place for so doing)...anyway, once you on here long enough yuh kinda get a feel for for info and it's deliverer ;)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2013, 12:43:06 PM »
Having said that, how all of ah sudden this going dong the race path????

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2013, 12:43:25 PM »

If you believe all that you read. I refuse to comment when people hear one side of a story and automatically accept it as gospel.
I've been around long enough now to earn a little respect and Sancho more so.
I'm just surprised that people automatically dismiss feedback from posters like Diamondtrim, who I've only met once, yet repeat feedback from someone who is emotionally involved and disappointed.
Still, that's life.

Doesn't matter how many times we met FS....my feedback was honest...even though allyuh aint pick mih son...Philbert Jones @ WConnection saw him play and wants him...so take dat!!!!! Lol

I also know Adrian.....might be a little odd, but he isn't what I saw written about him previously.

Don't know the story either partially or in its entirety so I can't comment....

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2013, 12:48:13 PM »
lol because he the only one .And if he dont get a tryout there is no other on the horizon .Roops family emergency maybe was hurting his mom ,with this "pipe dream".Indians doh play football you see .

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »
The first half decent indian in over 40 years who could be a role model in Footie ,and he already halfway brown listed .FS you self say you would sign a retired 40 year old speng instead ,me personally would get Roops to work with speng to get even deadier since hes younger ,but hey.
Plus no other teams know of Roopie .. say what we could wait another 40 years.
lol Fenwick and they mustbe thought Roopie get tie up looking for the Red Force tryouts and wasting his time.
Thought Roopie woulda been the first indian to create a buzz within that segment in 35 years .But like Fenwick no different ,I think England is the same with brown ppl doh rank them as footballers,Fenwick mustbe thought then hes trying out as the new team doctor.
This might not be fair but what happen to Roops was not fair ,so hey alls fair .

You are totally right about how the English feel about Indians and football.While at school,in Inner London,many Indian boys had trials with clubs but none never made it.My school had a boy who was sure to make it,went to Liverpool but ended up as a no-body,not only him but visiting schools also had very good Indian boys,but the English don't really think highly of them,even if they are good.They make jokes and say they better stick to business,or become doctors.I sometimes go to club football and there are many good Asians,it will take the English another 20 years to accept Indians in football.

So, wait, you have no idea if Roopie is good enough, yet you now have decided that Fenwick, myself and every Englishman are racist against Asians? Wow!
But don't forget those Indian haters at North East Stars who didn't sign him two years ago (which is kinda weird as the owner is Indian) or Angus Eve, that well known anti Indian U23 coach and also the entire United States professional soccer fraternity who haven't jumped through any hoops to sign him either.

Between Frico and Qmire, I think we've uncovered an International racist brotherhood.

Or, maybe, Roopie just wasn't good enough and was a little upset? Nah, that's too farfetched, right?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »
lol because he the only one .And if he dont get a tryout there is no other on the horizon .Roops family emergency maybe was hurting his mom ,with this "pipe dream".Indians doh play football you see .

Now that's racism right there. I really hope Roopie doesn't read this heartless drivel. His brother is terminally ill.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »
Trump on board,
Yeah and alyah make the man fly down for a fete match .
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:10:00 PM by Qmire »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
Yeah and alyah make the man fly down for a fete match .

We didn't make anybody fly anywhere, yuh just talking shit. Ask somebody who knows the facts before you speak.
The boy came for a trial and it didn't work out. It happens all the time, everywhere.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2013, 01:12:20 PM »
de fack I seeing here... Everything in this thread is garbage.
What allyuh really think is a trial?

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>