March 28, 2024, 03:04:46 AM

Author Topic: The Trini-Ronaldinho?  (Read 27053 times)

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Trini-Ronaldinho?
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
This discussion has descended into the gutter and is now about mud slinging. Anyone who is new to this forum I'm sure would be utterly disgusted!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »
I live close to Roopie and that is not what I heard.

The kid asked for a trial through Flex, got de ok from Central and when he went there no one made time to give him a decent trial, everybody was busy.

The Adrian Romain fella is a total idiot and Darren Mitchell too, who is very disrespectful.

Fenwick just not interested and did not communicate with the guy to tell him anything really, he didn't even give him a proper look, just had a brief talk with him and blow some smoke up he ass a little. And had him dangling there like a puppet like he have all the time in the world.

The thing what getting me vex is, de kid asked FIRST and then when he paid his way they just dump him on the side not even talking to him.

Sancho offer de man a ride after de Adidas game in PoS and then after de game disappear. They couldn't find him, he said that God for Marc Leslie.

This is totally unprofessional and I cant understand what Central would treat trailist like that because Sancho, Fenwick and Harrison all are from foreign or played there and should be a little more professional.

The kid told me, he didnot expect them to sign him if he wasn't good enough, just wanted a fair trial. Even in the drills, he was left out, how can you have someone on trial and not giving him a trial?

He took time off from school and spent his entire allowance to go to T&T only to be stood up.

Kevin then organise a trial for him with Rangers but didn't even tell him. De get get fed up and left T&T.

Sam I think you need to let this fella come and speak for himself instead of hearing everything second-hand and accepting it as gospel truth.  For example, do you know for fact that Sancho offer the man a ride and den leave him high and dry?  I understand we on old talk here sometimes, but some of that crossing into mauvais langue business.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2013, 02:34:02 PM »
So wait, Roopie get a trial with Central from Kevin, Terry or Flex, he drop school take his last shinling and jet off to Trinidad and when he reach there nobody trial him or even handled the kid?

This is the utter most disrespect by Central FC.

I warned the kid, I warned him.

We never treat players like this at Joe Public. We even give players on trial a place to stay. I remember when Hoshide came for the first time for a trial Flex organized, I personally picked him up in the airport.

Sancho and company cannot run anything.

I went to the Adidas Brazuca in Ariapita Avenue and it was suppose to kick off at 2pm, I waited over a hour and still nothing so I left only to find out the next game it started after 4pm.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »
Without going into to much details the trial did not go as we expected.

Central had been busy with important games coming up and Terry had to focus on getting his team ready, hence the reason Roopie was not seen much off.

Roopie was a bit disappointed by that's how it goes sometimes.

Kevin Harrison has been very supportive and tried his best to make Roopie feel comfortable, he spoke to me about sending Roopie to Rangers and Jabloteh but Roopie had already left because he was a little disappointed.

Kevin came though and I am grateful for that.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2013, 03:53:32 PM »
I'm confused..........school boy had an appointment for a trial...........go to trial on he own dime.........and people too busy..........somebody other than the school boy needs to take responsibility.........that's fogged up no matter how you look at it

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2013, 03:58:12 PM »
I'm confused..........school boy had an appointment for a trial...........go to trial on he own dime.........and people too busy..........somebody other than the school boy needs to take responsibility.........that's fogged up no matter how you look at it

yep, you're confused.

A 22 year old man asked for a trial. He was invited to train with the team. He didn't do bad and was told by the coach to step up a little now he had settled in, but chose to go home.

He did pay his own ticket, which is normal. He stayed with family, 5 minutes from the club office. Severe weather meant training was moved to Port of Spain. We arranged for him to get a lift with Jan-Michael.
Several sessions were dedicated to game preparation such as set pieces, transition etc so he didn't take part. He was invited to play in an exhibition game and traveled back with other guys.

From what I gather, he didn't like Darren Mitchell (?) or Adrian Romain. Then he left without talking to anybody or having the courtesy to tell anyone he was leaving, although I understand there was a family emergency which he had warned me about before he arrived.

Just a usual thing in football that happens everywhere, but everyone seems to look for reasons and excuses. And how racism can even be considered is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:12:12 PM by Football supporter »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2013, 04:01:18 PM »
Quags :shameonyou: :yellowcard:

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »
 :banginghead:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
If Kevin want me to delete my post I will do it out of respect for him.

But I have some questions.

1. Was Roopie accepted for a trial before he left the US and before he dropped everything and pay his way for the trial.

2. How many times did he get to train with the team in the two weeks he was there for.

3. Did the coach see him and spoke to him about what he wants and expects or told him his status wether he wants him or not.

4. Do you think he given a fair trial.

5. Did Adrian Romain argue with the man after his ride with Jan didn't happen and treated him like a little boy disrespecting him.

6. When a foreigner like Roopie (Toric Robinson) came down for his trial how was he treated the same way.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
Sound to me like the trial actually went well... the coach tell him to step it up now. He never tell him ride out.

Usually when a man go on trial for a 2 weeks, if the coach seeing something but not sure he does ask him to stay on a couple more weeks.
That does happen all over.

What he want special treatment?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »

yep, you're confused.

A 22 year old man asked for a trial. He was invited to train with the team. He didn't do bad and was told by the coach to step up a little now he had settled in, but chose to go home.

He did pay his own ticket, which is normal. He stayed with family, 5 minutes from the club office. Severe weather meant training was moved to Port of Spain. We arranged for him to get a lift with Jan-Michael.
Several sessions were dedicated to game preparation such as set pieces, transition etc so he didn't take part. He was invited to play in an exhibition game and traveled back with other guys.

From what I gather, he didn't like Darren Mitchell (?) or Adrian Romain. Then he left without talking to anybody or having the courtesy to tell anyone he was leaving, although I understand there was a family emergency which he had warned me about before he arrived.

Just a usual thing in football that happens everywhere, but everyone seems to look for reasons and excuses. And how racism can even be considered is ridiculous.
be patient because I have no idea how a trial suppose to go on a professional level........I was thinking he would be training with the team and there would be a specific person to chaperone him during his time........who are DM and AR......are they team administrators?  I not touching the race thing because I does always put kakahoolery and socioeconomic elitism before racism in sweet T&T..........from the individual posts in this thread I am getting the impression that the kid not recruited and was treated as such.......an afterthought to satisfy a favor

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »

1. Was Roopie accepted for a trial before he left the US and before he dropped everything and pay his way for the trial. Yes

2. How many times did he get to train with the team in the two weeks he was there for. Probably no more than 3 times. I think he failed to get there a couple of times, some days were rained off and some were specific pre game sessions.

3. Did the coach see him and spoke to him about what he wants and expects or told him his status wether he wants him or not. I believe he did and also wanted to speak to him on Monday about what he wanted to see this week, but Roopie left.

4. Do you think he given a fair trial. In a perfect world, Roopie would have come in pre season. He certainly didn't get the chance to show his best and it's a shame that he left when he did.

5. Did Adrian Romain argue with the man after his ride with Jan didn't happen and treated him like a little boy disrespecting him. I have no idea because I wasn't there. However, it is entirely possible, especially since a senior player, who deserves respect, is willing to drive out of his way to give you a lift, then you cancel it and then you decide at 9 p.m. that you want a ride again at 6 a.m. next morning.

6. When a foreigner like Roopie (Toric Robinson) came down for his trial how was he treated the same way. Yes, Toric, and anybody else is treated the same way. Although sometimes we provide housing which makes it easier for the player to travel with other guys. In fact I went out of my way where possible to help Roopie. However, we do not usually invite foreigners on trial because logistically it is very difficult. We had another Jamaican on trial and his agent refused to give him his return ticket and we had to house him for 10 days.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2013, 05:06:22 PM »

1. Was Roopie accepted for a trial before he left the US and before he dropped everything and pay his way for the trial. Yes

2. How many times did he get to train with the team in the two weeks he was there for. Probably no more than 3 times. I think he failed to get there a couple of times, some days were rained off and some were specific pre game sessions.
So out of 3 times he miss a couple, so he was saw once?

3. Did the coach see him and spoke to him about what he wants and expects or told him his status wether he wants him or not. I believe he did and also wanted to speak to him on Monday about what he wanted to see this week, but Roopie left.
And why you think he left, because no one was communicating with him.

4. Do you think he given a fair trial. In a perfect world, Roopie would have come in pre season. He certainly didn't get the chance to show his best and it's a shame that he left when he did.
So why din't you tell him in the first place to come in preseason?

5. Did Adrian Romain argue with the man after his ride with Jan didn't happen and treated him like a little boy disrespecting him. I have no idea because I wasn't there. However, it is entirely possible, especially since a senior player, who deserves respect, is willing to drive out of his way to give you a lift, then you cancel it and then you decide at 9 p.m. that you want a ride again at 6 a.m. next morning.
Ok

6. When a foreigner like Roopie (Toric Robinson) came down for his trial how was he treated the same way. Yes, Toric, and anybody else is treated the same way. Although sometimes we provide housing which makes it easier for the player to travel with other guys. In fact I went out of my way where possible to help Roopie. However, we do not usually invite foreigners on trial because logistically it is very difficult. We had another Jamaican on trial and his agent refused to give him his return ticket and we had to house him for 10 days.
Talk done.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 10, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »
I'm sure there's a heavy dose of miscommunication between parties - is often the cause of conflict.

Offline Roopie17

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2013, 05:43:47 PM »
This is Roopie, after reading the comments, I want to give respect to the people who have been supporting me since day1, since I got denied from the u23's. Now a lot of people wonder why I still come back to Trinidad to play, opposed to staying in the USA, my response is up here in America you either have to of gone to a big D1 school and get seen from there, or have some really good connections.

I played for a small D2 school, and growing up my family never had the $ to send me to play for the better teams in NY. I went to a small high school and to a small juco. Both my parents were born in south. My brothers and sister were grown up as Trinidadians, although born in the states, I remember always watching World Cup 2006 and seeing Trinidad play, I was always a fan of my parents country. In saying that that's why I decided to go there and play, I have a better chance of being seen. I was always told about the politics there but I always wished people could just see all I want to do is make my parents and family happy. Yes I saved up my money from barbering (that's my hustle) from since August.

I contacted Flex in a last hope I could still make my dreams come true. I first want to thank Central FC for allowing me to come and be apart of their training, the head coach, Mr. Sancho, Mr. Harrison (I always call him Kevin) for giving me a try. I was told nothing was promised, but worth a shot, I wanted to come after 3rd of Jan, that way I could of spent my brothers 20th birthday (he has dushane muscular dystrophy, doctors said he wasn't to make it past 12) and the holidays with my family.

But was told the club are interested in other players so $ might be an issue. I don't like to depend on my family in T&T, I don't want to be a burden, so I dropped everything and went knowing what I did wrong when I came for the u23's. On trial I would sit by myself, nobody says good morning nobody small talks with me, every morning asking myself was I happy, but I knew that's how it would be.The truth is I know it would of been hard but once I got my chance I would change a lot of minds. I kept thinking to myself I was Jeremy Lynn from the Knicks. All in all I didn't feel I was involved how a trial should be, even shooting drills I wasn't called for, so I would just go to the side and do sprints, abs and push ups, while some of the players would just relax in the shade. I wanted to be in their position and it was as if they take it for granted. I did talk with the coach a day and he said he wanted to see more, see me play a match, see a final ball played into the box, and I knew I could do that without a doubt. But I started feeling less involved, going through the motions, my name wasn't being called.

I was invited to go to the adidas tournament on the avenue. I thought I played great, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqinLM89Ak is the link, it was a small field, not the best surface, (I am the kid with long hair) but I showed off some of my touches and skill, but no words went back to the coach on my touches I guess. I came down to Trinidad under the impression I would of got a word within 2 weeks, I only packed for 2 weeks, I wasn't hearing anything, tickets were going up, and I had to be back to take care of personal things. I never got a phone call on anything, it was as if I came for trials and was just sitting around, so I made my decision to come back.

I was in Texas when I heard the coach said he has time for me and would like to spend the next 10 days with me, I am upset I did leave but I thought to myself if I do make the team what if its the same thing with playing time, would I just sit around, go to training and not hear any feedback. At the end of the day I am a foreigner, I feel as if I was treated like I live there, as if I could just wait around.  I did ask however, if they  would buy a ticket for me to come back for a proper trial, but was told they don't have the $. I was also told there are 4 top players on trial they're considering, I just don't know why I wasn't told a straight up no, instead of buying the ticket. I don't know what else I could of done to impress the coaches and team, with the little I was given I thought I made the most of it, also told they want more established players, but with alittle hard work and coaching I could of adapted and you never know. I would like to thank Jan Michaels, and Passion for being there for support and guidance.

I am back in the states and have trials for a USL team called Jersey Express, once again I would like to thank everybody who has been supporting me through my journeys and I have learned from every bit of my trips to T&T. Nothing in life is easy and I will fail many times before I will succeed. No I mighten be the best baller out there, or biggest and strongest, but I love the game and hopefully in the future I can say I made a name for myself. With no disrespect to Central FC, I just thought I would let everyone know. My email is Mikeroop17@yahoo.com feel free to contact me, Happy Holidays -Roopie

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:47:01 PM by Flex »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »
This is Roopie, after reading the comments, I want to give respect to the people who have been supporting me since day1, since I got denied from the u23's. Now a lot of people wonder why I still come back to Trinidad to play, opposed to staying in the USA, my response is up here in America you either have to of gone to a big D1 school and get seen from there, or have some really good connections.

I played for a small D2 school, and growing up my family never had the $ to send me to play for the better teams in NY. I went to a small high school and to a small juco. Both my parents were born in south. My brothers and sister were grown up as Trinidadians, although born in the states, I remember always watching World Cup 2006 and seeing Trinidad play, I was always a fan of my parents country. In saying that that's why I decided to go there and play, I have a better chance of being seen. I was always told about the politics there but I always wished people could just see all I want to do is make my parents and family happy. Yes I saved up my money from barbering (that's my hustle) from since August.

I contacted Flex in a last hope I could still make my dreams come true. I first want to thank Central FC for allowing me to come and be apart of their training, the head coach, Mr. Sancho, Mr. Harrison (I always call him Kevin) for giving me a try. I was told nothing was promised, but worth a shot, I wanted to come after 3rd of Jan, that way I could of spent my brothers 20th birthday (he has dushane muscular dystrophy, doctors said he wasn't to make it past 12) and the holidays with my family.

But was told the club are interested in other players so $ might be an issue. I don't like to depend on my family in T&T, I don't want to be a burden, so I dropped everything and went knowing what I did wrong when I came for the u23's. On trial I would sit by myself, nobody says good morning nobody small talks with me, every morning asking myself was I happy, but I knew that's how it would be.The truth is I know it would of been hard but once I got my chance I would change a lot of minds. I kept thinking to myself I was Jeremy Lynn from the Knicks. All in all I didn't feel I was involved how a trial should be, even shooting drills I wasn't called for, so I would just go to the side and do sprints, abs and push ups, while some of the players would just relax in the shade. I wanted to be in their position and it was as if they take it for granted. I did talk with the coach a day and he said he wanted to see more, see me play a match, see a final ball played into the box, and I knew I could do that without a doubt. But I started feeling less involved, going through the motions, my name wasn't being called.

I was invited to go to the adidas tournament on the avenue. I thought I played great, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqinLM89Ak is the link, it was a small field, not the best surface, (I am the kid with long hair) but I showed off some of my touches and skill, but no words went back to the coach on my touches I guess. I came down to Trinidad under the impression I would of got a word within 2 weeks, I only packed for 2 weeks, I wasn't hearing anything, tickets were going up, and I had to be back to take care of personal things. I never got a phone call on anything, it was as if I came for trials and was just sitting around, so I made my decision to come back.

I was in Texas when I heard the coach said he has time for me and would like to spend the next 10 days with me, I am upset I did leave but I thought to myself if I do make the team what if its the same thing with playing time, would I just sit around, go to training and not hear any feedback. At the end of the day I am a foreigner, I feel as if I was treated like I live there, as if I could just wait around.  I did ask however, if they  would buy a ticket for me to come back for a proper trial, but was told they don't have the $. I was also told there are 4 top players on trial they're considering, I just don't know why I wasn't told a straight up no, instead of buying the ticket. I don't know what else I could of done to impress the coaches and team, with the little I was given I thought I made the most of it, also told they want more established players, but with alittle hard work and coaching I could of adapted and you never know. I would like to thank Jan Michaels, and Passion for being there for support and guidance.

I am back in the states and have trials for a USL team called Jersey Express, once again I would like to thank everybody who has been supporting me through my journeys and I have learned from every bit of my trips to T&T. Nothing in life is easy and I will fail many times before I will succeed. No I mighten be the best baller out there, or biggest and strongest, but I love the game and hopefully in the future I can say I made a name for myself. With no disrespect to Central FC, I just thought I would let everyone know. My email is Mikeroop17@yahoo.com feel free to contact me, Happy Holidays -Roopie

Thanks for your response, Mike. I know that Flex and I are sorry and frustrated that things didn't work out. Unfortunately, between the cup run and the weather the timing wasn't right, but we could not have known that before.

I have seen lots of guys on trial and they are always treated as outsiders. The better they are, the more they are shunned simply because they will replace someone or someones friend. That's why Jan was good with you.....let's face it, you'll never take his spot lol.

Everybody on this site really wanted you to succeed. It would have been a really personal achievement for everybody here. God knows, we need players with flair in the ProLeague. That's why everybody is so disappointed and speaking out of turn.

As I mentioned, I wish you had come into the office once or twice because at least you could have vented your frustrations!

I wish you luck with Jersey Express and the rest of your career. It's tough to breakthrough, and as you said, it's just as tough to break into the first team, but you have a good attitude and you're a nice guy, so I'm sure you'll get through.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2013, 06:03:53 PM »
Really sorry to hear things didn't work out - really wish you all the best Roopie!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2013, 06:34:38 PM »
Roopie, best with Jersey Express. Nonetheless, also consider getting an invite for the USL Combine. You'll be seen by all the clubs, rather than only one club. Even after the Combine, the clubs will hold separate club tryouts. That presents you with multiple opportunities.

You'll have to be prepared to invest in yourself, and to be ready for adversity ... and you've had some exposure to adversity already, so just trod on. Recognize there are no guarantees, just trod on positively.

Take a while to reflect on your experiences, and consider the items that you ought to tweak. Bubble forward from that.

Now, yuh might need to buy a ticket to Vietnam, but if that's what it takes ...bubble forward from that and get proper guidance as you forward. Ask questions too.

You mentioned disadvantages you have given your playing background and exposure, but if you flip that, you'll find you have advantages that can work in your favor. Identify them and step to the front of the line :beermug:.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 06:38:03 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2013, 07:11:36 PM »
Guess I wasn't that confused..........there was a lack of professionalism in handling the youth..........should have just told him to save his resources for a genuine opportunity..........lesson learnt hopefully...........hope he continues to be ambitious not just with football but keep educational opportunities a priority as well.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
Central mess up the guy they should give him back his ticket money or at least half.

Good response by Roopie, agent jack and Asylumseeker.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
Guess I wasn't that confused..........there was a lack of professionalism in handling the youth..........should have just told him to save his resources for a genuine opportunity..........lesson learnt hopefully...........hope he continues to be ambitious not just with football but keep educational opportunities a priority as well.

In your opinion, what is a genuine opportunity? Is that when you tell a player who you have never seen play, that you'll give him a plane ticket, accommodation and a salary so he can sit in the stands and watch you play for 6 months?

I really don't understand, after all that Roopie himself has said, why you can't work out that life ain't a fairy story. He may even had made it onto the team. No one anywhere has said he wasn't good enough to sign, but the coach hadn't seen enough. Why is that so hard to understand?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
Central mess up the guy they should give him back his ticket money or at least half.

Good response by Roopie, agent jack and Asylumseeker.

OK, so Central are the bad guys, no matter what you read here? No matter that he wasn't rejected? We didn't beg Roopie to come on trial, bro. I thought we were giving him a chance to achieve his dream. And if he had stayed, maybe he would have got that. Or maybe not. That's why it's a trial, and that's why clubs very, very rarely pay for players to come.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »
if it was a genuine trial/opportunity:

1) should have been done when club stakeholders were available to evaluate his talent

2) he should not have been chaperoned by individuals whose jobs he was there to possibly take

3) actually practice and train with the team and not a fete match

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2013, 08:22:15 PM »
if it was a genuine trial/opportunity:

1) should have been done when club stakeholders were available to evaluate his talent  It was

2) he should not have been chaperoned by individuals whose jobs he was there to possibly take He wasn't

3) actually practice and train with the team and not a fete match  He did

Again, are you not reading the man's own words?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2013, 08:23:35 PM »
FS at this point you doing more harm than good.  It should be apparent to you by now that there are many here who live to criticize... never mind that they may not be armed with all the facts, or that they themselves couldn't prescribe a better solution that's also a realistic solution.  The situation wasn't ideal, it didn't work out, maybe the club can extend another trial at a time more conducive to both parties, or maybe this wasn't for the yute and he'll find the path intended for him all along.  This continued back and forth not really helping either way.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2013, 08:32:47 PM »

Roopie, wanted to just give you some words of encouragement based on this post as a young man who seems very ambitious and tenacious.  The latter piece will be key, don't let this experience let you down, as an earlier post says, fall 7 times stand up 8.  I will not lecture you how many success stories there have been who may have endured similar to what you have, sure you have some awareness.  Believe in yourself and your dreams and persist a never say die attitude. 

One last tid bit, a very good friend of mine graduated from business school with his MBA in 2009, at the peak of the global recession.  INspite of a star studded resume could not find any employment searching near and far.  Then he found a firm willing to accept his services on a voluntary basis w/o salary or even stipend.  He did this for 6 months and eventually got an offer.  Now he's a Vice President at the same firm.  Again, never say die, best of luck young man in your future endeavors...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
I think that if some of you all really like him so much then you can start a fund and pay for his next trial or trials. Especially the ones who claim that he can be a symbol for indians in football. I am dead serious too.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2013, 12:52:30 AM »
Roopie bro tough luck boss, unfotunately that's the nature of the business, not all trials will go as you expect. Like "seeker" said, you may want to look into registering for the combine if you can, it's usually in FL either in Jan or Feb. There you can be seen by multiple coaches and clubs. Seemed to me like FS did his best to help out but maybe the timing wasn't right given due to various circumstances don't let it keep you down though :beermug:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:58:53 AM by soccerman »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2013, 06:13:40 AM »

In your opinion, what is a genuine opportunity? Is that when you tell a player who you have never seen play, that you'll give him a plane ticket, accommodation and a salary so he can sit in the stands and watch you play for 6 months?

I really don't understand, after all that Roopie himself has said, why you can't work out that life ain't a fairy story. He may even had made it onto the team. No one anywhere has said he wasn't good enough to sign, but the coach hadn't seen enough. Why is that so hard to understand?

Stop it FS.

I thought you tried to sign him when you was with North East Stars. You saw him play already. !!!!

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=56360.msg792425#msg792425

1]; } ?>