March 28, 2024, 04:42:46 AM

Author Topic: The Trini-Ronaldinho?  (Read 27055 times)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: When trials go bad.
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2013, 11:35:34 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This post is best !!

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: The Trini-Ronaldinho?
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:18 AM »
I notice that Coops is one of the most negative posters here. He never has anything good or constructive to say.

Obviously, the topic is about the fact the way the trial went and not a actually getting of a contract.

I wish both parties better luck next time.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »
I notice that Coops is one of the most negative posters here. He never has anything good or constructive to say.

Obviously, the topic is about the fact the way the trial went and not a actually getting of a contract.

I wish both parties better luck next time.

It have two big men fighting on here but i negative.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »
Your head real hard.

Yes, he was rejected by Angus Eve and yea he should never come back. You was rejected by Jack Warner and Gally and you never came back, so everybody should follow you.

Secondly, the KID DID NOT GET A TRIAL he was set up to a point.

Fine, if he cant make de team, nobody saying he should get pick, read good before you run up yuh mouth.

Everybody thinking we want Central to sign Roopie or baby him... NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do things better because they know better and have bad experience too, this is why they should know better.

Not make the kid pay his way and dont look at him.

You on real shit.  Coop's is absolutely spot on.  To say that Central 'set him up' is to say that they deliberately planned for things to turn out the way they did.  Not even Roopie suggesting that... is almost like you more vex fuh de yute than he vex heself... and he should know better than anybody what went on.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2013, 12:47:04 PM »
These things happen all the time, it could have gone either way.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »
This was very unfortunate.  I hope it doesn't deter Roopie one bit.  He seems determined to make it and that will go a long way.  I myself don't know how trials work and what our players experience when they go foreign on trials.  I will say though that I would have liked for it to have went better.  All that off to the side push ups and so on serves no purpose in truly evaluating what a player can do on the field so I feel like that was time wasted.  I also feel as if despite doing a favor and extending the invite, Central should have realized that the timing was not conducive to a person in Roopie's situation especially because it was a favor of sorts.  This is not a fella who live there and have an unlimited amount of time to try and make it happen.  He already had personal concerns to tend to and made it known upfront so it should have been understood that time is essential.  Not getting any feeback during that time would certainly make most in that situation question whether it even makes sense to be there so I can't fault Roopie for that at all.

Coops yuh have a point that we don't fuss about what happens to our players when they go foreign, but we often have no insight into the experiences they have.  In this instance we have all been sitting in the theater watching it unfold so it isn't exactly comparable.  Add that Central up to this point has let us inside and seems to be a professional outfit in their direction and execution of all things football.  So undoubtedly it raises expectations within us even if it may be a bit of fantasy or simply illogical.  So don't take anyone's feelings on the issue out of context and treat it as if it is unnecessary or irrelevant.

Kevin thanks for the transparency.  We wish it wen't better but that is now history. Many of us here formed a bond with Roopie and really want to see him make it or at least have a fair chance at making it and the details suggest it wasn't what we hoped/ expected/ wanted for him.  Don't let it bother you too much.

Roopie, keep pluggin on bredrin.  Yuh have the fighting spirit and yuh have skills so I expect it to happen sooner or later.  Hopefully much sooner.  Keep us posted as for the most part we are all rooting for you!!

Nice.

Maybe Kevin thought Roopie was in T&T for 6 months so they didn't have to get back to him in a hurry.

I am officially dropping Central as my team.

It would be a hell of a thing if Roopie end up being a top player, I wonder if Central would then treat his trial the same. But he is not established at the current and treated him like nothing. Kevin, thanks for trying for the kid, but you should have tried to communicate with Fenwick and others about the situation.

The kid may not have been good enough to make a Central 11 but you didn't have to ignore the player after the fact that you accepted him to come on trial knowing that he was flying from the States and not just coming in from Port of Spain.

You don't make people waste their money like that, this is unethical.

Give him the trial, he failed, send him home, simple as that.

So Fenwick is coach, TD and scout, no one could have evaluated the player?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:01:40 PM by Errol »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2013, 04:49:34 PM »
WAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

Is all dis bacahnal still going here???

I eh go lie meh head spinning....we touching everything wid dis post, dong to political correctness :)

Roopie, if you're still reading, keep on trying bredda, you'll definitely make it soon!

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2013, 05:14:51 PM »

Someone deleted my post when trials go bad and did not have the decency to tell me, I guess Harrison went crying to the mods.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »
  Football
    supporter,
Not for one second was I suggesting that anybody in TTs football fraternity is a racist.I have played both cricket and football at club level but stopped after an operation to my knee.I was quite good at both,but many people thought I could have gone far in cricket,so I gave up football.If you have time,like one week I'll relate you stories at club level which you won't believe.I have seen boys picked purely because they are white but half as good as non whites,especially in cricket.The very first football training I attended,the manager said,you so an so,using the N word to describe me,because I was about 5 minutes late.That is tame in comparison to what is said about the Asians,in cricket it's more covert.I know of several boys who gave up because coaches favouritsm to some,there are about 6 boys now playing county cricket,some may even go on to play for England,I'm afraid I and many other boys were far better.I wasn't calling out any Trini,I was just talking about some English people and English coaches and their attitude to Indians and Pakistanis. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »
Someone deleted my post when trials go bad and did not have the decency to tell me, I guess Harrison went crying to the mods.

Yuh mean this thread::)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:07:10 PM by Bakes »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2013, 12:30:28 AM »
People act like Central FC is the only club in T&T that ever  make a mistake or hurt somebody feelings. When our players go off on trials and they don't make it allyuh quick to condemn them as shitty and lazy.

Now imagine man talking a pot of shyte 'bout how Jack Horner have a 'point'. Steups. Joe Public eh even fit to shine w Sancho and Co. boots.

Central FC remains the most community-minded and hardest working club in the country.

To FS and Central FC...there are always bumps in the road, keep up all the good work.

To Roopie....sorry things didn't work out. Keep the faith, you are an exciting player with a great love for the game and a strong drive to succeed. Hold strong and you will find your path.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The reality of football trials
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
Hope this helps to correct a few misconceptions.

There are three kinds of trials, or try outs:

Open trials: Anyone can attend. Usually, any talented players are selected and then invited to train with the club on trial so the coach can see more of them. This usually happens early in pre season. Central signed Nicholas Dillon following an open trial.

Invited trials: A coach or scout may see a player, maybe at a college game or even a fete match and he will be invited on trial. Occasionally an agent or scout from overseas will recommend a player. In this instance, some research is carried out and then the club may pay his ticket and provide accommodation and even a small stipend.  John Terry was invited to a trial at Chelsea by Graham Rix

Requested trials: This is where a player approaches you for a trial. Again, some research is carried out. It is very unusual for a player in this instance to be offered a ticket or accommodation.
A player on trial is never guaranteed a contract. However, in some cases prospective salaries and benefits can be discussed so the player can decide if it’s worth his effort if he does get through.
It is not in the best interest of any club to waste a player’s time. (you never know, his younger brother could be the next Messi!!)

There is another situation where players believe they are being sent on loan, but actually find out that they are on trial. This nearly always ends in disaster because the player arrives with a confident attitude that soon turns into resentment that he has to face a trial and is not automatically accepted, and anger towards his club for misleading him.

I have never heard of a club advising a trialist to give up his job or home to come on trial. I have heard players told that they have a contract if they give up school and want to pursue football.  If I am asked should they give up school or their home, I would tell them to talk to their parents as I could not advise them.  I may advise them to tryout with a club near to them, finish their studies and try football after.
It is usual for a player to be told where and when training takes place and what to wear. It is unusual for a club to arrange transport. However, once a player attends training, he can usually hook up with someone to get a lift or the club may arrange a lift with a player.

Players are very rarely welcoming to trialists. The newcomer is trying to take your place, or your friends place, on the team. You or your friend may even be released if the new boy is good. (Clubs very rarely have spare budget available for new signings). During the first day or two it’s tough because you feel like an outsider. Players don’t pass you the ball, and if they do, the passes aren’t good. They tackle you harder  (check Ronaldo & Bale). The game is often faster and you get caught in possession. The players don’t know how you want the ball played and you don’t know what runs they will make. (you will often see a new boy play a nice chip over the defender  and see the striker 15 yards away because he makes diagonals. Alternatively, the new boy will play a nice diagonal, but the striker plays in straight lines. Either way, the pass looks terrible! Another common sight is seeing a trialist defending by kicking the ball into row Z while the coach gets vexed because he wants you to play out of defence. Alternatively, I used to see Sancho get bollocked  at Gillingham sessions because he did play out of defence while the coach was shouting “get rid of it, get rid of it!”)

Training times and venues are not written in stone. Weather conditions , fixtures and injuries mean that changes take place. A European guy requested a trial with an SPL club. He could afford to stay for a week. Training was cancelled for 3 days due to snow and the team had to travel away to a match. The European never even kicked a ball.  The responsibility to attend training is always on the trialist. That’s not to say that the club won’t help, but when you’re organizing 30 or 40 people, the trialist, sadly, is your last priority.

Staff in football aren’t always nice, just like in any other business. Football is a pressured environment and when the coach ain’t happy, the other staff and the players know it. I have dozens of horror stories surrounding coaches mis treatment of players, both in the UK and here.

The coach chooses his immediate staff. The club can criticize and force disciplinary measures, but effectively the coach is there to manage his staff and players. If he doesn’t and he’s winning, he stays. If he doesn’t and he’s losing, he may go earlier than if all is hunky dory. He knows that and acts accordingly.

Saying that, it is always worrying to hear reports of disrespectful behavior by your staff.

Trials are not easy, not by design, but purely because there is a lot going on. Being rejected is not always fair. It’s 1,000 times worse than being turned down by a girl and 100 times worse than failing a job interview.

Playing professional football is a dream and having a trial is exciting and nerve-wracking and not usually what you expect. It’s like your first day in a new school, but worse. Those that get through realize it’s a baptism of fire. Those that don’t are never happy.

Finally, Sancho knows how hard it is to be on trial, so has empathy for those who come to the club. But Sancho and I aren't often at the training ground...that's what we pay the coaches for! As for Terry, well Sancho played for him (and so did Kelvin Jack and Cyd Grey) and they will all say he's tough at times, but would recommend him.

This is an example of a requested trial discussion that has taken place:

Hey, Kev...

XXXXXX contact me yesterday and asked me to find out from you if he can get a trial with Central. If yes, when would be the best time.

Secondly, if for some reason he impress and you decide to give him a shot will he be housed?

Yes, he's welcome to come! And yes, if we sign him we have accommodation! He can come anytime. If Terry wants him, we may not be able to sign him until XXXXXXXXX.

Hello Mr. Harrison, everything is good, I am super interested in coming. Budget isn't my main focus, I just want to perform! I've matured since the last time there, and I know a lot more about pro league ball, my main and only  concern, is housing, as I don't want to be a burden for my family, but if that can be accommodated for, I'm all in, and if changes are being made in XXXXXXXXX I should go asap, but will have to consult with parents first, but we can go from here, thanks for the email.

Hows things mate? If you're interested in coming over, let me know dates. I can't remember, but was you here when we changed coaches?
I'll be honest, we have our budget all spent at the moment, but we do need to add to the squad so if you impress, we will try to find a way to bring you on board. There will be changes made in XXXXXXXX so now is a good time to come!

Kev

Hi XXXX

Have spoken to the coach. He's happy for you to come on trial for a few days. He won't mess you about, so if he thinks you won't fit in, he will let you know so you can try elsewhere. We cannot accommodate you during the trial, but I don't think we're far from your family as we usually train at Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.
But if we bring you on board, we can look at accommodation as part of the package.
Hope that sounds ok?

Ok, I am confident I will make the side, would you be able to further explain the living situation? Or would that only be if after I make cuts? That's really the most important thing for me, I just wana know ahead of time, I really don't want to depend on my family. And also when is ideal to come down? Another question, I was on the website I was trying to find the schedule, but do we have any scrimmage games outside of Trinidad? Also is there a break around XXXXXXXX?

Hi mate
There would be no accommodation while you're on trial. However, should we sign you we can try to arrange something. Best time to come is in next few weeks. There are no games between XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX but there will be training. We don't have games outside of T&T.

Don't think there is too much misleading going on there. Simple, straight forward, no cast iron guarantees. It is what it is.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The reality of football trials
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
Thats the reality Central FC did not follow.

Roopie did not have an agent and was misled.

Simple protocol was not followed by a professional club.

For instance, didn't Roopie get the green light to come on trial before he left the States where ever he was from?

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Thats the reality Central FC did not follow.

Roopie did not have an agent and was misled.

Simple protocol was not followed by a professional club.

For instance, didn't Roopie get the green light to come on trial before he left the States where ever he was from?

Did Uncle Jack poke out your eyes? Can't you read? Even when the boy wrote his own comments, you still choose to make up some other rubbish. Oh damn, yeah, I forgot, you believe Jack will rise again. Sorry, my bad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
This shit needs to be put to rest.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
Hope this helps to correct a few misconceptions.

There are three kinds of trials, or try outs:

Open trials: Anyone can attend. Usually, any talented players are selected and then invited to train with the club on trial so the coach can see more of them. This usually happens early in pre season. Central signed Nicholas Dillon following an open trial.

Invited trials: A coach or scout may see a player, maybe at a college game or even a fete match and he will be invited on trial. Occasionally an agent or scout from overseas will recommend a player. In this instance, some research is carried out and then the club may pay his ticket and provide accommodation and even a small stipend.  John Terry was invited to a trial at Chelsea by Graham Rix

Requested trials: This is where a player approaches you for a trial. Again, some research is carried out. It is very unusual for a player in this instance to be offered a ticket or accommodation.
A player on trial is never guaranteed a contract. However, in some cases prospective salaries and benefits can be discussed so the player can decide if it’s worth his effort if he does get through.
It is not in the best interest of any club to waste a player’s time. (you never know, his younger brother could be the next Messi!!)

There is another situation where players believe they are being sent on loan, but actually find out that they are on trial. This nearly always ends in disaster because the player arrives with a confident attitude that soon turns into resentment that he has to face a trial and is not automatically accepted, and anger towards his club for misleading him.

I have never heard of a club advising a trialist to give up his job or home to come on trial. I have heard players told that they have a contract if they give up school and want to pursue football.  If I am asked should they give up school or their home, I would tell them to talk to their parents as I could not advise them.  I may advise them to tryout with a club near to them, finish their studies and try football after.
It is usual for a player to be told where and when training takes place and what to wear. It is unusual for a club to arrange transport. However, once a player attends training, he can usually hook up with someone to get a lift or the club may arrange a lift with a player.

Players are very rarely welcoming to trialists. The newcomer is trying to take your place, or your friends place, on the team. You or your friend may even be released if the new boy is good. (Clubs very rarely have spare budget available for new signings). During the first day or two it’s tough because you feel like an outsider. Players don’t pass you the ball, and if they do, the passes aren’t good. They tackle you harder  (check Ronaldo & Bale). The game is often faster and you get caught in possession. The players don’t know how you want the ball played and you don’t know what runs they will make. (you will often see a new boy play a nice chip over the defender  and see the striker 15 yards away because he makes diagonals. Alternatively, the new boy will play a nice diagonal, but the striker plays in straight lines. Either way, the pass looks terrible! Another common sight is seeing a trialist defending by kicking the ball into row Z while the coach gets vexed because he wants you to play out of defence. Alternatively, I used to see Sancho get bollocked  at Gillingham sessions because he did play out of defence while the coach was shouting “get rid of it, get rid of it!”)

Training times and venues are not written in stone. Weather conditions , fixtures and injuries mean that changes take place. A European guy requested a trial with an SPL club. He could afford to stay for a week. Training was cancelled for 3 days due to snow and the team had to travel away to a match. The European never even kicked a ball.  The responsibility to attend training is always on the trialist. That’s not to say that the club won’t help, but when you’re organizing 30 or 40 people, the trialist, sadly, is your last priority.

Staff in football aren’t always nice, just like in any other business. Football is a pressured environment and when the coach ain’t happy, the other staff and the players know it. I have dozens of horror stories surrounding coaches mis treatment of players, both in the UK and here.

The coach chooses his immediate staff. The club can criticize and force disciplinary measures, but effectively the coach is there to manage his staff and players. If he doesn’t and he’s winning, he stays. If he doesn’t and he’s losing, he may go earlier than if all is hunky dory. He knows that and acts accordingly.

Saying that, it is always worrying to hear reports of disrespectful behavior by your staff.

Trials are not easy, not by design, but purely because there is a lot going on. Being rejected is not always fair. It’s 1,000 times worse than being turned down by a girl and 100 times worse than failing a job interview.

Playing professional football is a dream and having a trial is exciting and nerve-wracking and not usually what you expect. It’s like your first day in a new school, but worse. Those that get through realize it’s a baptism of fire. Those that don’t are never happy.

Finally, Sancho knows how hard it is to be on trial, so has empathy for those who come to the club. But Sancho and I aren't often at the training ground...that's what we pay the coaches for! As for Terry, well Sancho played for him (and so did Kelvin Jack and Cyd Grey) and they will all say he's tough at times, but would recommend him.

This is an example of a requested trial discussion that has taken place:

Hey, Kev...

XXXXXX contact me yesterday and asked me to find out from you if he can get a trial with Central. If yes, when would be the best time.

Secondly, if for some reason he impress and you decide to give him a shot will he be housed?

Yes, he's welcome to come! And yes, if we sign him we have accommodation! He can come anytime. If Terry wants him, we may not be able to sign him until XXXXXXXXX.

Hello Mr. Harrison, everything is good, I am super interested in coming. Budget isn't my main focus, I just want to perform! I've matured since the last time there, and I know a lot more about pro league ball, my main and only  concern, is housing, as I don't want to be a burden for my family, but if that can be accommodated for, I'm all in, and if changes are being made in XXXXXXXXX I should go asap, but will have to consult with parents first, but we can go from here, thanks for the email.

Hows things mate? If you're interested in coming over, let me know dates. I can't remember, but was you here when we changed coaches?
I'll be honest, we have our budget all spent at the moment, but we do need to add to the squad so if you impress, we will try to find a way to bring you on board. There will be changes made in XXXXXXXX so now is a good time to come!

Kev

Hi XXXX

Have spoken to the coach. He's happy for you to come on trial for a few days. He won't mess you about, so if he thinks you won't fit in, he will let you know so you can try elsewhere. We cannot accommodate you during the trial, but I don't think we're far from your family as we usually train at Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.
But if we bring you on board, we can look at accommodation as part of the package.
Hope that sounds ok?

Ok, I am confident I will make the side, would you be able to further explain the living situation? Or would that only be if after I make cuts? That's really the most important thing for me, I just wana know ahead of time, I really don't want to depend on my family. And also when is ideal to come down? Another question, I was on the website I was trying to find the schedule, but do we have any scrimmage games outside of Trinidad? Also is there a break around XXXXXXXX?

Hi mate
There would be no accommodation while you're on trial. However, should we sign you we can try to arrange something. Best time to come is in next few weeks. There are no games between XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX but there will be training. We don't have games outside of T&T.

Don't think there is too much misleading going on there. Simple, straight forward, no cast iron guarantees. It is what it is.

Ok this clears up everything ,what happened to Roopie was textbook and normal.Good cause I was starting to wonder who was on trail you or Roopie .

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2013, 03:46:30 PM »
So the trialist showed up outside of the dates he was told, when there were no games? 

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2013, 04:33:31 PM »
This shit needs to be put to rest.

Ent!!!!

The man break it down, down to emails and all, but bet yuh bottom dollar men out dey dissecting everything and coming to prolong this damn thread!!!!
Like ah man say other things going on in football man, look Juventus eh even qualify for the knockout rounds in CL, geez, leh we done nah???

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Ah cyah find no CL thread so...anybody see what Neymar do the Nigerian Ambrose from Celtic??

Ah only had to shake meh had and laugh, they show the replay about 99 times during the game, priceless!!!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2013, 06:19:30 PM »

lol merry christmas.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2015, 02:14:58 PM »
Where is he now?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2015, 04:00:53 PM »
i thought guerra was the trini rondaldinho?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 21, 2015, 05:38:09 PM »
i thought guerra was the trini rondaldinho?

Somehow or another, a player who barely ketch daylight is de Trini Ronaldinho. College highlights worked wonders.

1]; } ?>