April 19, 2024, 05:13:08 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (29-Feb-2012).  (Read 11577 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (29-Feb-2012).
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
Sorry i should have clarified myself, i meant the overseas U-23. Hyland, Peltier, Williams, Primus, Thomson, Mitchell, Cato, Molino etc. Im done with Jones too, (eventhough he had a good qualifying campaign). We need new strikers.

But Josling hasnt scored a goal in the digicel cup finals,or world cup qualifiers, infact the only official competition Josling has scored in was the preliminary round of the digicel cup. Hes 28 and just isnt good enough, i dont know about you boss but at this point id rather give Gay, Winchester & Britto a chance over Josling at least they have room for improvement. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2012, 07:04:19 PM »
I'll have Jorsling in front of Jones any day.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2012, 07:13:15 PM »

..............and we will lose on any day.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2012, 07:21:05 PM »

..............and we will lose on any day.
Any team can lose on any day so what yuh trying to say or better yet way yuh mean.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »
When last Jones scored against that same weak Caribbean opposition?
Actually, Jones has only played six matches against Caribbean teams since the start of 2008 and has scored in four of those matches.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
well done boys
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2012, 07:58:22 PM »
Sorry i should have clarified myself, i meant the overseas U-23. Hyland, Peltier, Williams, Primus, Thomson, Mitchell, Cato, Molino etc. Im done with Jones too, (eventhough he had a good qualifying campaign). We need new strikers.

But Josling hasnt scored a goal in the digicel cup finals,or world cup qualifiers, infact the only official competition Josling has scored in was the preliminary round of the digicel cup. Hes 28 and just isnt good enough, i dont know about you boss but at this point id rather give Gay, Winchester & Britto a chance over Josling at least they have room for improvement. 

This making sense to me.

T&T's current "buss" is a wonderful OPPORTUNITY to clean house, check the integrity of the foundation, and be sure to rebuild on solid ground with the right materials.

If we don't do this then we on a merry-go-round. I tired of the ride. Even the lab mouse does get tired of going nowhere. That's why more than ever we need to support the efforts of Sancho and Kelvin Jack and others who have T&T's best interest at heart.

Bring the old guard down. Don't leave any man/woman around who of the past regime's mentality. No compromises. Nothing else will take us to where we hope to see T&T on the international stage. My goodness. With all our resources (human and otherwise) there is no reason we shouldn be in FIFa's top 40. Just talk to the men of the 60s, 70s etc. We're more than capable.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:09:34 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 03:06:09 PM »
By the way, MOST of our forwards score against weaker competition, recently we could not even do that!

Maybe we should have started Jorsling against Guyana and we would be in the semis all now.
TT yuh slipping!

FYI, jorling is ah lame duck, i say soo!  that guy can't cut it on the international scene, maybe kerry baptiste, but not jorsling, and he showed me that in the degicel finals in martinique.

other than scotty, he's the easiest man to mark out a game. he can't slip, out run or out maneuver defenders, IMO  he's wank. jones on the other hand played four games this last campaign and scored in three.

i don't know what you was watching, but jones had ah very good tournament, it's just that our defenders "our weakest links, as always" didn't bring their A game giving up easy text book goals, and causing us to lose to bermuda and guyana, and fuh dat yuh can't blame jones. after all , he had three goals and two assist, what more yuh want?

i always say, darryl roberts is one of the best forwards we have in T&T, the man scores goals and he tortures and unsettle defenders, and he knows how to score goals and plays with ah ton of heart, and i believe we never got ah chance to see the best of darryl roberts, tousant is another damn good striker, much much better than devon jorsling IMO.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:08:52 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »
thats meh team
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »
Jorsling's hat trick...they managed to show two of the goals twice but not Plaza's goal
<a href="http://youtube.com/v/FP4fE5xxZc0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/FP4fE5xxZc0</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:09 PM »
Did they play the A team that beat out haiti, or did they play a all local team?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
dais Antigua team right dey.  JC  Jorsling has a better strike rate than any of the forwards yuh calling yuh know!~

Let the records speak for demselves.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
It sounds like the AB coach took off his English base in the 2nd and that is when the flood gate open. But congrats to the Warriors on the win. I think the seniors still in limbo. I still don't know what to make of theis team. I need to see the whole game to form a just opinion.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »
What does benna boys mean?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 09:34:22 PM »
What does benna boys mean?

Benna (Wikipedia)
Benna (or bennah) is an uptempo Antiguan folk song that was introduced following the prohibition of slavery. Songs usually focused on scandalous and bawdy rumors and gossip, and were in a call-and-response form with a leader and an audience. Benna's popularity and similarity to calypso helped make the island receptive to that genre's introduction. The modern performer Short Shirt has attempted to revive the benna in modern years, with his 1977 album Harambee an influential work that began updating benna with social and political awareness.

By the beginning of the 20th century, it had become a method of folk communication, disseminating news and reports from across the island. In the 1940s and 50s, an improvisational benna singer named John "Quarkoo" Thomas sang up-to-date stories on legal scandals, and the sexual affairs of the upper-class. He was eventually imprisoned because of the lyrics to "Cocoatea", which was about the daughter of a respected citizen, and her secret pregnancy while in a convent.
Antigua Football Team Named, "Benna Boys"
Antigua Chronicle

February 22, 2012

The Grand prize winner Jennifer Hector was the quickest to the draw from among scores of people in the Antigua & Barbuda Football Association’s Name the Team Contest.

Hector was the first person to submit the name the Benna Boys, which prevailed in the text-to-vote final phase.

Benna Boys garnered 1,380 votes, ahead of Beach Boys, which tallied 1,273 votes.

There was a gulf between the top two contenders and the other names on the short listed, with Iron Bandits coming a distant third with 408 votes.

Rhythm Warriors was next with 266, ahead of Benna Rebels (121); Party Crashers (101); Jam Bulls (89); and Black Ants (51).

Hector won two roundtrip tickets to see the opening match in Round Three of qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil; ground transportation, accommodation; two replica jerseys and VIP treatment for the home games.

The Group A match against the United States will be played at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.

The other teams in the group are Guatemala and Jamaica.

ABFA General Secretary Gordon Derrick said the people have spoken.

“We wanted this campaign to be people driven. At the end of the day, there was good participation, starting with just over 500 people submitting names and rationales, and then more than 3,500 text votes for the names that made the shortlist,” Derrick said.

“We’ll just chalk it up to irony that the name chosen by the majority is the nickname name by which the team is already known, and that, of course, speaks to music that is indigenous to us.

Overall, it says something that many people had interest and took the time to write and to text, and we all know the saying about what the voice of the people represents,” Derrick added.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
dais Antigua team right dey.  JC  Jorsling has a better strike rate than any of the forwards yuh calling yuh know!~

Let the records speak for demselves.
TT, ah hope yuh know that david nugent was top scorer that season in the championship when KJ joined the prem, as ah matter of fact, him and chopra was hotting up the championship for three yrs, finally they were drafted into the prem, (chopra for a second time), right now nugent and chopra are back in the championship where they rightfully belong! yuh know why?? bc they are not premiership quality.

well same for jorsling, he scores yes! but not against quality opposition. matter of fact, i saw jorsling in the last hex and he was lost as lost could be. he couldn't dribble , penetrate or even get ah shot off, the man was ordinary as ordinary could be, my point iz, any ole joe could top the charts in ah bush league, but put that same player in ah higher class, and watch him "also ran".

fellas like yorke, peltier, stern, roberts is A class horse, them men scoring on any opposition, be it big or small, them men also played against the best players in the world and produce, in other words, these fellas could run wid the best (well peltier didn't, but any player wenger and rednapp wants has to be top shelf brand).

no disrespect to man like jorslin, glassgow, mc farlene and tousant, but them is C and D class horse, put them in their class and they out perform, but introduce them to an upper class and dem is "also ran!"

jorslin good, but he not good enough for teams like mexico, honduras and costa-rica. hek, he couldn't even score on grenada and cuba, so how the hell he's our best striker.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:40:13 PM by just cool »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »
I have to agree with JC  on some of the points he make.

1]; } ?>