April 26, 2024, 01:53:05 PM

Author Topic: IPL Auction 2012.  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
IPL Auction 2012.
« on: February 04, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »
Anyone following the IPL auction ? I've been checking up on the West Indies players up for auction, more so the Trini boys, and I saw that Sunil Narine was  purchased today by Kolkata Knight Riders for $700,000 USD after having a base price of just 50 K !!
Congrats to him...I guess all the exposure he got in the red white and black is paying off.
Little Bravo went for $100,000 and Cooper went for $50,000....not big money by any means but the exposure and experience he would get from playing in the IPL will be enormous.

http://sports.ndtv.com/ipl-2012/auction

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: IPL Auction 2012.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:46:11 AM »
awesome to bad badree eint get a contract .

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:08:17 PM »
Many supporters of our cricket may have views on Narine and which way he goes,whether he chooses to play for Windies against Oz or go for money in the IPL.Narine should be well aware of the treatment meted out to spinners from TT over the years and should not "bat an eye-lid" about going to the IPL,he must follow the footsteps of Gayle,Bravo and Pollard,secure your financial status first.The people who presently run our cricket are some vindictive old men who are ego driven and cannot be trusted and cricket is furthest from their small minds.Narine is young and an IPL stint may improve his ability as a spinner he has time on his hands.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »
Totally agree Frico....

Hope Narine jump at this opportunity and go for it...

As yuh say...else he goe end up being ah domestic servant like Dhanraj, Nanan and Imitiaz Ali.....

plus all d cricket he play for WI he wont EVER see that kind of money.....

Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 03:55:19 AM »
Dem always mamaguying we spinners,take Ranji Nannan,he cudda make the Windies team as a bowler although he was the best allrounder in the Caribbean for years,Ramnarine was dumped for reasons that I cant explain and Inshan Ali got the same treatment.I can also recall a spinner Nourieaga getting 9 wickets in a match and never picked again.I think this attitude of not selecting TT spinners have been going on for years and years so Mr.Narine take your chance,you also have chances with the Big Bash in Oz,Sri Lanka,Bangladesh and England...plenty money all over the cricketing world.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:35:21 PM »
Many supporters of our cricket may have views on Narine and which way he goes,whether he chooses to play for Windies against Oz or go for money in the IPL.Narine should be well aware of the treatment meted out to spinners from TT over the years and should not "bat an eye-lid" about going to the IPL,he must follow the footsteps of Gayle,Bravo and Pollard,secure your financial status first.The people who presently run our cricket are some vindictive old men who are ego driven and cannot be trusted and cricket is furthest from their small minds.Narine is young and an IPL stint may improve his ability as a spinner he has time on his hands.

:beermug:
whey boy!

1]; } ?>