April 30, 2024, 01:52:32 AM

Author Topic: A plot to embarrass PM  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
A plot to embarrass PM
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/A_plot_to_embarrass_PM-138758879.html

By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com
February 5, 2012
THERE is a plot against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to embarrass her and undermine the good work that she has been doing in her constituency and nationally as a whole.

This was the view expressed yesterday by several Government Ministers and Members of Parliament (MP) who told the Express that people are being 'imported' from various areas to stage protests and malign MPs.

Justice Minister Herbert Volney who is the St Joseph MP said he, too, is a victim of this plot.

"What is happening is people are being imported from all areas, different constituencies, to make it look as though we are not performing," said Volney.

"Ever since we came into Government there has been no honeymoon period and this Government has been continuously attacked from all fronts,'' said Volney.

"The leader of the Opposition walked in Maitagual, a part of my constituency that has traditionally supported the Opposition and he walked with people from all over the area except with the people of Maitagual," Volney alleged.

"It is happening all over the country; in the constituency of Collin Partap I have seen that happen; it has happened in my constituency, it is orchestrated by those against the Government who have their grouses,' Volney added.

He said the People's Partnership inherited a country that was neglected by the former PNM administration and Government was doing the best it can to deliver to the people although they are saddled with heavy debts left by the PNM.

"What they are doing is trying to embarrass the Prime Minister. I saw a spokesman from the group that was protesting wearing a trade union uniform and there is a battle with the trade union over the five per cent wage gap," said Volney.

He said there are many positive initiatives in the pipeline, especially for Siparia—which will see the construction of a large judicial complex.

Local Government Minister and Fyzabad MP Chandresh Sharma said persons from Moruga and Arouca were identified as being part of the protest in the Siparia constituency.

"The honourable Prime Minister remains one of the most popular members of Parliament...it is simple for one to check, a number of persons who were protesting were not from her constituency, there were people there from Moruga and Arouca," said Sharma.

He said it would be "foolish" for any MP to expect that he or she has 100 per cent support from every constituent and there would be those who would be upset that services are not being delivered as fast as they would like.

Sharma said people are free to protest as he pointed out that protests were also held against former prime ministers Patrick Manning, ANR Robinson, Basdeo Panday and George Chambers.

However, Sharma said in the case of Persad-Bissessar it does not add up. "If it is orchestrated, it is a dangerous thing to do," he said.

Minister of Housing and the Environment and MP for Oropouche East, Dr Roodal Moonilal, said the protests and sense of dissatisfaction emanating from the PM's constituency were questionable.

"I found it curious that the protest would be in the Prime Minister's constituency where there has been an enormous amount of infrastructure work. The Siparia constituency has a full staff and they regularly, at least with me, aggressively represent the constituents," said Moonilal.

"The other curious development is that those persons who were contented to protest every morning did not form a delegation and visit the constituency office and have discussions with the relevant staff," added Moonilal.

In his constituency, Moonilal said, he has a team in place who are empowered to meet with constituents who feel aggrieved.

"It's strange that the group of people are just happy making noises and putting on costumes. It may be part of the season,'' said Moonilal as he stressed that mechanisms are in place to hear any person who has a problem.

Minister in the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development and Couva North MP Ramona Ramdial has been defending the Prime Minister on blogs where the matter was discussed.

Contacted yesterday, Ramdial said, "I think the facts that we have been getting so far is that there are some operatives out there working against the Government; from the evidence we want to suspect that some of these protests are being staged and therefore it is being done to undermine the MP's good work."

She said given the strain on the economy, MPs do not get all that they request, but, they are working to deliver to the people.

Trade Minister and Chaguanas East MP Stephen Cadiz said that it was unfortunate that people are unreasonable.

He said he cannot ascertain whether there was a plot to embarrass the Prime Minister; however, he said that if people are aggrieved, then they should not burn tyres on the roads but go to the offices and formally make a complaint.

"Maybe that particular protest was not totally legitimate, but I would think that people would understand that the Prime Minister is the Prime Minister, she does not have the time that other members of Parliament have, she is responsible for looking after the entire nation," said Cadiz.

Senator Danny Maharaj, who has been assisting the staff at the Siparia constituency, said while one understands that some people will be frustrated, it was untrue to state that the Prime Minister has lost touch with the people of the constituency.

He said Persad-Bissessar is a very busy person but she ensured that systems are put in place so that the grievances of the people are noted and attended to.

"There has been a lot of work in the constituency in terms of roads, play parks, generally people are satisfied," he said.

Maharaj said there are many expectations from the people but so too throughout the country which he said was neglected by the PNM.

"The Prime Minister is visible in her constituency, she is totally in tune and intimate with the operations of her constituency office, she keeps in touch via e-mails, calls and comes down here to deliver on projects," said Maharaj.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A plot to embarrass PM
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:38:23 PM »
Snowball!

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:32:35 PM »
yuh eh notice that the whole set ah PP apologists and bamsee suckers disappear?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:52:54 AM »
Yuh know....I reading dis over..and now I damn vex and insulted.
 Especially after reading an article like this yesterday:
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/MISSING_IN_ACTION-138723494.html

And den reading DIS from the first paragraph:

THERE is a plot against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to embarrass her and undermine the good work that she has been doing in her constituency and nationally as a whole.

And then being told this:

"What is happening is people are being imported from all areas, different constituencies, to make it look as though we are not performing," said Volney.

So I supposed to believe that PNM "operatives" coming into the PM constituency and inciting (diehard UNC?) residents to embarass their prime minister who doing all she supposed to do?

Then pondering these statements:

Local Government Minister and Fyzabad MP Chandresh Sharma said persons from Moruga and Arouca were identified as being part of the protest in the Siparia constituency.

"The honourable Prime Minister remains one of the most popular members of Parliament...it is simple for one to check, a number of persons who were protesting were not from her constituency, there were people there from Moruga and Arouca," said Sharma.

So a person go leave dey house in AROUCA to go quite SIPARIA to protest when the actual residents 100% behind the MP?
How de hell you know where people come from? Arouca and Moruga.....but no where in between? Steups.

Den dis:
"The leader of the Opposition walked in Maitagual, a part of my constituency that has traditionally supported the Opposition and he walked with people from all over the area except with the people of Maitagual," Volney alleged.

So...Rowley would walk in an area that traditionally SUPPORTED the PNM.....but would have to "import" people to walk in an area that traditionally supported them?

Steups.

Dey should rename this government the TTFF because they REALLY TAKING TRINBAGONIANS FOR FOOLS.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:54 AM »
no originality and porous excuses that reek of abject stupidity >:( >:(
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 07:04:52 AM »
i thought she doing that by she self already?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
I posted this article and the other one about the race card because of the great quotes. I love freedom of speech because it gives people enough latitude to reveal their character. I am surprised that they would have the audacity to invent more plots. The government would have us believe that any criticism is the work of the dastardly PNM. This organisation has infiltrated the Police and Intelligence Agencies and now they have consorted to co-opt the services of regular members of the public to berate our benevolent and highly effective government. To compound it, the most sinister act of this organisation has been to practice racial politics.

What's amazing is there is never any need to present any evidence of these allegations. It simply has to be said and of course that's the gospel truth. Perhaps most amusing is Volney's claim that he is a also target of the plot. Folks in case you haven't  been paying attention Volney is a crapaud of lowest order and is widely considered a non-performer by his constituents. There is no need to plot against Volney yet he has lumped himself together with Prime Minister as being innocent victims of the political machinations of that evil PNM.

Again KPB has gone missing. She has Ministers talking about plots against her. It's getting old give us less PR and more PM. 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 10:33:06 AM »
i thought she doing that by she self already?

ENTTTTTTTTTTTT
CO-SIGNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>