April 27, 2024, 08:23:49 AM

Author Topic: Jan-Michael considers international retirement  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jan-Michael considers international retirement
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
TTFF disregard Jan-Michael’s tragedy… Grieving goalie considers international retirement
By Lasana Liburd (wired868.com)

Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams is considering retiring from international duty at the age of 27; stung by what he perceives as insensitivity by the local football body, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), to his tragic personal circumstances.

Williams, who is the captain of Pro League leaders W Connection and played professionally in Belgium and Hungary, has spent much of the past two weeks at the bedside of his 28-year-old fiancée, Candice Worrell, who was brutally assaulted outside her Montrose, Chaguanas work place on January 20.

Worrell, who is a health and safety officer at Jenexcon Engineering and represented Trinidad and Tobago at the 2009 Miss Tourism Queen International, was found unconscious with her jaw broken in two places. She remains in a coma at the St Clair Medical Centre, Port of Spain.

Her cellular phone and wallet were missing while, although medical examination confirmed that she was not sexually assaulted, her pants were pulled off her waist.

Williams and Worrell have a 10-month-old daughter named Nevaeh—heaven spelt backwards.

Williams was pleasantly surprised by the gestures of goodwill from not only his own employers, W Connection, but also fellow Pro League team, DirecTV North East Stars.

Past and present international players such as Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, ESPN commentator Shaka Hislop, former TTFF technical director Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips, North East Stars CEO Brent Sancho and the UK-based quartet of Kelvin Jack, Dennis Lawrence, Marvin Andrews and Carlos Edwards also phoned to offer emotional support.

“It was surprising to me and really nice to get calls from Shaka (Hislop) and Kelvin (Jack),” said Williams. “Kenwyne (Jones) and Carlos (Edwards) called me too but then I played with them before so I kind of expected it. But I was surprised for Shaka to call and we spoke for quite some time too.

“Lincoln Phillips calls me almost every day to give me support and find out what is going on and Marvin (Andrews) and Dennis (Lawrence) have been in touch too.”

But the talented goalkeeper is less impressed by the attitude of his other employer, the TTFF, while he also revealed that he tried without success to reach Sport Minister Anil Roberts.

READ MORE...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jan-Michael considers international retirement
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »
Doh study it Jan-Michael is d TTFF. Dat is dey M.O.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »
 :cursing: Fuentes swinging on Stern John balls de odder day to bad talk Sancho, then he running down ah set ah yes man to say symposium was nice, but he cyah type two  :cursing: words to assist Jan. Them is some rel  :cursing:  :cursing: set ah people boy whey sah.

They hire plane to go Bahrain and send people for free, the MoS keeping fete and coasting in BMW paid for by tax payers, but cyah give de man ah lil bligh. These fellas is rel nastiness. They should be out begging Jan to assist with everything. They should be looking to hold a match and take all the gate receipt and bar money and ask players to donate they appearance fee to Jan.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 09:27:59 PM »
:cursing: Fuentes swinging on Stern John balls de odder day to bad talk Sancho, then he running down ah set ah yes man to say symposium was nice, but he cyah type two  :cursing: words to assist Jan. Them is some rel  :cursing:  :cursing: set ah people boy whey sah.

They hire plane to go Bahrain and send people for free, the MoS keeping fete and coasting in BMW paid for by tax payers, but cyah give de man ah lil bligh. These fellas is rel nastiness. They should be out begging Jan to assist with everything. They should be looking to hold a match and take all the gate receipt and bar money and ask players to donate they appearance fee to Jan.

Y are u surprise? Anil woulda give Hunte a big fat wet steupsssss but now is que sera sera. WE HAVE RISEN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
Anybody wishing to contribute to a collection organised by North East Stars to raise a reward for information leading to a prosecution, please send me a P.M.  Collected some cash at Fridays game and will be collecting again tomorrow at NES vs Defence Force at Larry Gomes.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 05:29:23 AM »
TTFF doh help nobody, they can even help themselves.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:27:58 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 06:12:50 AM »
TTFF do help nobody, they can even help themselves.

True, but just to add some perspective, nobody on this site has contacted me to offer support either!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »
Anybody wishing to contribute to a collection organised by North East Stars to raise a reward for information leading to a prosecution, please send me a P.M.  Collected some cash at Fridays game and will be collecting again tomorrow at NES vs Defence Force at Larry Gomes.

If there is a paypal account I will contribute
Hart for president

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
I hope this child recovers fully! And I hope Jan will continue to have a great and successful career! This attitude is not surprising! These people are concerned about holding office not the welfare of players! This is a common trait of many persons holding executive offices,
He has the prayers and support of footballers and fans!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »

If there is a paypal account I will contribute

Check d thread about d donation created.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »
Last year I approached TTFF and the ProLeague with a proposal that would have made 'the Manning treatment' available for all members of the senior national team and the proleague players and staff and their families for a very very very very low cost. They both declined for varying reasons. I didnt take it on too much....but that they would not extend the simplest of courtesies to a present player confirms not only their shortsightedness but a complete lack of respect.

Doh study dem Jan-Michael.....I'm praying for you and her

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF hits back at Jan-Michael… No olive branch for grieving goalie
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 06:23:29 AM »

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) today declined an opportunity to make peace with grieving national goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and, instead, hinted that the W Connection captain was guilty of dishonesty.

Williams, whose fiancée Candice Worrell remains in a coma since a brutal robbery on January 20, complained to Wired868.com that no one from the TTFF contacted him to enquire about his wellbeing or extend emotional support since the incident.

The 27-year-old custodian felt the snub was a lack of courtesy from an organisation he has represented for over a decade at all levels while he made his senior international debut as an 18-year-old. Williams said felt disappointed enough to question his ability to work with the local football body in the future.

However, TTFF Press Officer Shaun Fuentes insisted that the sporting organisation tried to contact Williams as soon as it learned of the shocking attack on his fiancée. He said the TTFF could not get a number for the goalkeeper and so issued a press release instead and sent condolences through Connection owner David John Williams—no relation to the goalie.

READ MORE...

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:41:35 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:28:23 AM »
He said the TTFF could not get a number for the goalkeeper

What a friggin joke. This is a national player!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 07:02:22 AM »
I am not going to touch to much on this issue, but when the TTFF claim they do not have a contact for an "Active national player" that is just the height of incompetency.

Imagine, I have a personal contact for Jan-Michael Williams.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 07:15:34 AM »
But is it just me or does it seem like Lasana is starting to milk this unfortunate incident to take pot shots at the TTFF?

I mean, I was seriously aghast when i read the last article about the TTFF not  contacting Jan Michael. Seriously disgusted.

But here i'm reading this latest article where it seems they are given an opportunity to explain themselves, yet Lasana chooses to entitle the article, "TTFF hits back at Jan Michael".

Futhermore, Lasana states in the opening paragraph:

"The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) today declined an opportunity to make peace with grieving national goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and, instead, hinted that the W Connection captain was guilty of dishonesty."

I read this thing 3 times over and nowhere do i see where anyone labels Jan Michael as dishonest.

Furthermore, Lasana admits to knowing that the TTFF team manager did contact Jan Michael beforehand yet omitting that on his own accord. Given that they were personal calls, doesn't the fact that Fuentes knows about them both indicate that he made enquiries and that there is a possibility of a misunderstanding?

Now don't get me wrong eh, i still believe TTFF drop the ball here in not making a proper effort to get in touch with Jan Michael. The no phone number is a bullshit excuse.

But come on Lasana, is this really the right place or situation to be playing bacchanalist??

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »
Wait one jumping jack minute. That's the best excuse the TTFF can come up with? We have phone, Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, GPS, UPS, BBM, MSN, Yahoo, sign language, Morse  code and even pigeon mail! Any you telling me, these people excuse is that they couldn't contact him? Really? REALLY!!!!!!! :pissedoff: We live in the information age for crying out loud!! The TTFF should know his pants size far less how to contact him.
                      And why are they even trying to contact him through the phone or his coach? All of them should have jumped in their fancy cars, with their fancy suits and gone to the hospital or his home!! What madness is this? Heartless is what they are  >:( Milky was here.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 08:17:32 AM »
But is it just me or does it seem like Lasana is starting to milk this unfortunate incident to take pot shots at the TTFF?

I mean, I was seriously aghast when i read the last article about the TTFF not  contacting Jan Michael. Seriously disgusted.

But here i'm reading this latest article where it seems they are given an opportunity to explain themselves, yet Lasana chooses to entitle the article, "TTFF hits back at Jan Michael".

"The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) today declined an opportunity to make peace with grieving national goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and, instead, hinted that the W Connection captain was guilty of dishonesty."

I read this thing 3 times over and nowhere do i see where anyone labels Jan Michael as dishonest.

Furthermore, Lasana admits to knowing that the TTFF team manager did contact Jan Michael beforehand yet omitting that on his own accord. Given that they were personal calls, doesn't the fact that Fuentes knows about them both indicate that he made enquiries and that there is a possibility of a misunderstanding?

Now don't get me wrong eh, i still believe TTFF drop the ball here in not making a proper effort to get in touch with Jan Michael. The no phone number is a bullshit excuse.

But come on Lasana, is this really the right place or situation to be playing bacchanalist??

I read the article and i agree with you hoss.........that article's major purpose was to make the TTFF look bad.  The funny thing is, TTFF doesnt need much help to do that. 

I am disappointed with Shaun's statement, i doubting that he made a statement saying that they aint have a contact number for Michael. 
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) today declined an opportunity to make peace with grieving national goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams and, instead, hinted that the W Connection captain was guilty of dishonesty.

Williams, whose fiancée Candice Worrell remains in a coma since a brutal robbery on January 20, complained to Wired868.com that no one from the TTFF contacted him to enquire about his wellbeing or extend emotional support since the incident.

The 27-year-old custodian felt the snub was a lack of courtesy from an organisation he has represented for over a decade at all levels while he made his senior international debut as an 18-year-old. Williams said felt disappointed enough to question his ability to work with the local football body in the future.

However, TTFF Press Officer Shaun Fuentes insisted that the sporting organisation tried to contact Williams as soon as it learned of the shocking attack on his fiancée. He said the TTFF could not get a number for the goalkeeper and so issued a press release instead and sent condolences through Connection owner David John Williams—no relation to the goalie...."Peter Rampersad, as the manager of the national team, got on to Jan and spoke to him twice," said Fuentes. "He called in his capacity as manager of the national team. Probably he didn't say that but I would think (Jan) would know that is why he was calling."

Maybe its just me but that statement sounds to me like a hint to what Lasana was saying. And in all honesty, by that response, it shows once again that TTFF knows absolutely nothing about good PR as a professional organisation. All Shaun had to say when asked about it is we support Jan in his time of need and will be seeking further to make contact with the player. End of discussion. Making excuses and defending what you think may have been done, especially in a case like this is in poor taste, regardless of Lasana's perceived intentions. The man is an investigative reporter, not no man on the street, so when he writes articles like this its because its his job. Sad thing is if wasn't for him would we even be aware of the situation??

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 08:50:53 AM by fitzinho »

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
This is friggin insane. I truly don't believe Fuentes made those statements.  "they could not get in contact with the player?????" and now implying the player is being dishonest......ah mean.......... come the F#$% on!!!!!!

If Fuentes came out in public and made this type of comment, he should not be representing the TTFF. he make dem look real bad and incompetent.....

I dont believe Fuentes made the comments in the context being reported....ah mean I don't know for sure........but it cyah be that way???    na man...
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »
Lasana let me thank you for continuing to try to embarass the TTFF. The fact that you knew the story while d mainstreet media did not know. I guess u were wrong 2 ask d question of Jan Michael what support the TTFF has given. You were even more wrong to indicate that Fuentes say dat he eh have a national player number.

He probably doh have a BB otherwise he would have gotten a BBM sayin soory bout yuh gyul.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »

Who cares what Lasana doing/trying to do, the TTFF needs to be F'up at any chance. They ever think twice about throwing anyone under de bus. Lasana should write another one just for freaking spite.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 01:10:06 PM »

What shit you really talking?  Playing bacchanalist my ass... Jan-Michael Williams said the TTFF didn't contact him.  Fuentes frankly saying that is not true:

Further, Fuentes explained that the TTFF was satisfied that it made contact with the player through national football team manager Peter Rampersad.
"Peter Rampersad, as the manager of the national team, got on to Jan and spoke to him twice," said Fuentes. "He called in his capacity as manager of the national team. Probably he didn't say that but I would think (Jan) would know that is why he was calling."

Clearly they saying that the player being less than honest about whether the TTFF contacted him.  Fuentes not casting it as a misunderstanding, he said JMW "would know" put another way, should have known that Rampersad was contacting him on behalf of the TTFF, yet going to the press and saying they never contact him.  It have bacchanal here, but it surely not of Lasana's creation.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »
To come out with a statement like dat is truly amazing. Really...how hard it go be to find de man number? Fuhget de blasted phone. It doh take too much to drop in and go down to the Clinic? Is not like dey eh go find de man there. If peeps in leadership roles carrying on like dis, wha kinda example dey setting for de country.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:17:56 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 11:24:15 PM »
FU#K TTFF... Trinidad and Tobago Football "Fedupration"
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2012, 03:29:02 PM »
What's the latest on Jan-Michael?it seems like we drop the ball already.Lasana,FS any news on how Candice doing?are any funds coming in?i understand a few fund raising projects was being planed by FS and he was trying to assist the Police with their investigation. :violin:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
Hey coops, how much you sending ? just asking eh, doh vex with meh.

And anybody see controversial lately, when he hear donation he does ride out fast, fast.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
Hey coops, how much you sending ? just asking eh, doh vex with meh.

And anybody see controversial lately, when he hear donation he does ride out fast, fast.

Don't worry about me,answer my questions and you will know what my contribution is,you know me i like accountable with anything i'm going to put my money in,like how much was collected,who collecting it,what they spend it on etc etc boy i on this site long time is talk talk and more talk but i like it, Trini nah   :yapping:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »
What's the latest on Jan-Michael?it seems like we drop the ball already.Lasana,FS any news on how Candice doing?are any funds coming in?i understand a few fund raising projects was being planed by FS and he was trying to assist the Police with their investigation. :violin:

Ask yuh boys in the TTFF what they doing. They care about the welfare of the footballers in T&T. Doh ask we what we doing, we is bandwaggonists.

Ask Fuentes, where the link on the TTFF website to donate. Look he just interview Eve.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

Ask yuh boys in the TTFF what they doing. They care about the welfare of the footballers in T&T. Doh ask we what we doing, we is bandwaggonists.

Ask Fuentes, where the link on the TTFF website to donate. Look he just interview Eve.
     Why should they put a link on their website for donations,who going to put money there,if they not donateing towards the SWO website you think they will donate there?by the who is "we"?what boys in what TTFF,it have a TTFF?who is the president?everybody acting,where is their office?

What's going on with Jan? 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »

All yuh have patience yes...... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>