April 27, 2024, 01:43:45 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors seize TTFF assets  (Read 17019 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors seize TTFF assets
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
No offense taken, for me the only thing harder than understanding FIFA policies is trying to write a response on this site from a cell phone. But thanks Bakes for clarifying it for Me because FIFA policies do confuse me at times.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »
No offense taken, for me the only thing harder than understanding FIFA policies is trying to write a response on this site from a cell phone. But thanks Bakes for clarifying it for Me because FIFA policies do confuse me at times.

Haha... no scenes, laptop was in the shop a couple weeks ago and I was in the same boat, and relying on voice to text for posting.  Part of the reason why I get frustrated is because that lack of clarity in part is what gave Jack the freedom to act as he did, people was afraid to do anything to run afoul of him and FIFA.  The more we understand the limits of what we can do, the more empowered we become to act.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2012, 10:07:05 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXhcez26f8E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XXhcez26f8E</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
I can only imagine today is a big day for some members on this site,it's a day they have been looking forward too for a long time,what they don't realize is this is not only an embarassment for the TTFF,it's an embarassment for us fans,players and the country as a whole,history in the making as usual.

Today wasn't an embarrassment, in fact it's good for the country's image that somebody is standing up to Jack.
Jack and the TTFF are what I am embarrassed about.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »
Nice lil comments from Clayton. I like how he is calling for young blood to run the administration and take our football forward.  I also like the part where he points out that the administration is saying that there is no money, but yet they are still sticking around. #hmmmmmm

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2012, 11:10:48 PM »
Father lord i thank you so much that finally Trinbagonians standing up and fighting to the bitter end for their rights .

For to long lord for to long people with power  been taking advantage of  athletes in This country, enough is enough this shit have to stop and i glad to see it start with TTFF.  :flamethrower:

Jack you can dodge as much as you want ,you would have to answer for that money you stole . 

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2012, 11:16:44 PM »
if yuh think TnT vz Sweden was de biggest thing in our football history...think again
well done

WARRI"f**kING"ORS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
I think its worth reminding you all that this action today is just part of the process. The judge ordered interim payment of $4.26 million. First step is to seize TTFF assets. Next step is to place a lien(think thats the correct term) which means that any money received by TTFF must go towards settling the debt. If there is no sizable income, then the 2nd defendent, Oliver Camps, assets will be seized.

TTFF say they will continue. How? They could maybe borrow computers and phones. But they have to pay $40,000 per month rent. They have to pay salaries (shabazz gets over $25k pm as Director of Womans football) TTFF pay Grodens rent of over $11k pm. If they have no income, how will they pay these? The govt money given to allSports is for specific items, not salaries and rent.

Today was purely symbolic and a necessary part of the process. Meanwhile what will Jack do?
1) Ignore the TTFF request for accounts? If so, the judge will add him as a defendent. Remember, the only reason he wasn't added was because he said he would provide info if asked.
2) Maybe he will provide accounts. If they're similar before, again, the judge may add him so that he can order a forensic audit.
3) The only other option is to provide accurate accounts, which will show the $180 million, and then Jack would have to explain where the money went to and why he has produced innaccurate accounts several times in the last 5 years.

My bet is on option one, with his arrogance making him believe this will go away.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »
TTFF employees face breadline
By WALTER ALIBEY Thursday, February 9 2012

EIGHT employees from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) including president Lennox Watson, general secretary Richard Groden, executive member Peter Rampersad, Sharon O’Brien and communication’s officer Shaun Fuentes could be thrown on the breadline after a bailiff swooped down and seized the assets of the federation.

The action came a from recent court order in which the TTFF was ordered to pay players monies owed to them from the 2006 World Cup Football campaign. The ruling will also hamper the embattled football federation-the country’s governing body for football, from functioning properly in its own home.

Despite the court order however, Newsday understood that the federation will still receive an annual grant of US$250,000 from the world governing body for football, FIFA. Sources said the federation has been using the grant to pay its salaries and other expenses although the FIFA funding is supposed to go toward the development of football.

A top football official, who asked not to be named, explained that the court ruling cannot prevent the football federation from functioning. “When FIFA hears about this new development then they can decide on the best way forward for football in TT.”

TTFF president Lennox Watson confirmed the federation will continue to operate as the legally recognised organisation in charge of football in TT. He explained the federation will continue to raise funds to pay its workers and other expenses as they have been doing in the past.

The ex-prisons officer declined to give details of how his federation would function, from where and how it proposes to raise funds. “There will be no job losses because there is a lot of work to do and we will need all our workers to do it.”

The local football boss also dismissed talks that his federation used the grant from FIFA to pay its expenses, saying, “That grant is to be used for development and that is what we will use it for.”

Former national footballer Brent Sancho explained yesterday that a lot more people face being affected by the seizure. It is understood that staff members from the senior team wrote to the Ministry of Sports last month to complain they were not paid salaries for the qualifying period. According to Sancho, former national player and coach Russell Latapy is also considering taking legal action against the federation for monies owed to him.

To date the ex-players are unable to state exactly how much monies are owed to them since the football federation was unable to find its books. The money stemmed from all commercial deals made during the 2006 campaign. Apart from a whopping $88 million from Government, there were also sponsorships from corporate citizens such as Carib Brewery, TSTT, KFC, Adidas, Puma and ebay among many others. Monies for the players were also expected from TV rights.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2012, 05:37:45 AM »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2012, 07:18:03 AM »
It would be interesting to here the gov't take on all this, since dat money or part thereof helped to fund there last two major campaigns
I pity the fool....

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2012, 07:46:05 AM »
The Government cannot support decisions made by this bereft and uninspiring organization! The population has no trust and confidence in this group! They are more intent on saving face instead of doing right! Look at their recent response to the Jan Williams issue! We cannot have such heartless people running football ! There is a lot to clean up ! Going way back to 1974! They still owe players from that time! Ask Leroy De Leon ! They destroyed a lot of careers! Have a lot to account for! It cannot be business as usual and the Government must say something! I heard the Minister of Sport saying these NSOs are pseudo organizations because they depend a lot on Governments's support. Then Government must also have pseudo influence because it is our hard earned tax layers money that is jumping up in this ole mas!

This is the end of the road! We expect to hear from the Minister of Sport!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »
This is the end of the road! We expect to hear from the Minister of Sport!
And what exactly do you expect to hear? That his mentor, the man who is teaching him how to make money is responsible for all of this?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:58 AM »
great news...more please
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
What I want to know is how Brownie took those photos when she was at the pharmacy (and ate all my french fries in the process)  :rotfl:

Who me??  Is my sister take those photos.....all yuh didn't know I had a twin eh??   ;D

Well, tell your twin I liked the  sexy stilettos she was wearing  :o

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
why is the under 23 still ready to play.. foootball should be brought to a compltete halt ..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »
All yuh hear Harford tonight bout d players should have wait till d 14th Feb when Jack say where d money is. D actual date is d 10th. He also dey get a 7 mil ahready so I guess they should cool their herbs.

Cue Contro: He would say I told u so.

Hartford said that they were paid $7mm before... is this true?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
I don't think FIFA will ban us because they've been trying to distance themselves from Warner. If this was two years ago we probably would be looking at major sanctions. I'm just happy something is being done because for a while it looked like nothing would be done even though its been universally acknowledged that the players were in the right. And the TTFF were hiding money and information.

It does rankle me to no end to hear presumably smart people perpetuating this nonsense, no offense.  People, FIFA would never ban us for this, this is not the proverbial "government interference."  Government interference means government interfering with the administration of football, meddling in the Federation's affairs, trying to tell it what to or NOT to do.  This is a court order that's being carried out.  Yes the judiciary is an extension of the Government in a larger sense, but judicial actions (particularly one that carries the imprimatur of the Council for Arbitration of Sports, a FIFA-sanctioned body) are not 'government interference' as intended by the FIFA rules.

Bakes, I remember putting up an article a while ago that FIFA (well in reality Blatter) threatened some country (possible South American or African) with expulsion because of corruption allegations and searching offices and seazing computers.  So as usual with FIFA its what or who is involved rather than rules.   

Its a sad day for you all, hopefully someone will finally put this lot to bed and you get a proper fresh start with good, honest people with real ambition and feeling for the game rather than themselves.

Actually found it with a search, it was Ghana the thread is here

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=52040.msg712491#msg712491

And a quote from it

According to FIFA, the raid Tuesday forced the GFA “to stop all its activities, including the running of the league and other football developments.”

Ghana’s domestic soccer league was suspended on Wednesday.

FIFA said it sent a letter to the GFA on Thursday, stating “if the Ghanaian authorities did not stop their direct intervention and allow the GFA to work again before Sunday, the case would be referred to the FIFA emergency committee.”

Ghana’s government has denied involvement in the raid by the Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO), which resulted in removal of eight computers. GFA officials were prevented from entering the building.

Youth and sports minister Akua Sena Dansua called EOCO “an independent organization.”

“For FIFA it is not acceptable if the GFA is not in a position anymore to exercise the core of its mandate, which is to run football in the country, because of government intervention,” the statement read.

GFA spokesman Randy Abbey said the association received the letter, and was “waiting on reaction from the government.”

In its own statement, EOCO said the GFA failed to provide requested documents—a charge denied by GFA president Kwesi Nyantakyi. EOCO said its officials raided the GFA offices and took away computers and documents to help it investigate allegations of tax evasion, fraud and other offenses.

“FIFA hopes that the Ghanaian authorities will reconsider their actions and thus avoid the deepening of a crisis which will only bring adverse consequences for the football lovers in Ghana,” FIFA’s statement concluded.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:29:10 AM by kev »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »
Kev, the TnT Government isn't involved in this action.  This is a judicial order being enforced.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
I appreciate that Bakes, but it wasn't really the "goverment" in Ghana either, it was the police and anti corruption. 

I don't doubt for one second if it had of suited FIFA / Blatter they would of stuck their noses in by now, but it probably would open up more questions that would require answers than they would like and no one really to protect anymore.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »
All yuh hear Harford tonight bout d players should have wait till d 14th Feb when Jack say where d money is. D actual date is d 10th. He also dey get a 7 mil ahready so I guess they should cool their herbs.

Cue Contro: He would say I told u so.

Hartford said that they were paid $7mm before... is this true?

Yes they made the first interim payment. They did not make d deadline but it was paid.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »
I appreciate that Bakes, but it wasn't really the "goverment" in Ghana either, it was the police and anti corruption. 

I don't doubt for one second if it had of suited FIFA / Blatter they would of stuck their noses in by now, but it probably would open up more questions that would require answers than they would like and no one really to protect anymore.

Kev, that is nonsense.  As I said in that initial thread, the EOCO is a corruption investigation unit of the government thru it's revenue office, it was ridiculous that the Ghanaian gov't was even trying to make that argument.  FIFA could not get involved in this dispute without removing the already thin veil of transparency on their corruption.  FIFA mandates that all disputes be taking to arbitration in front of CAS.  The Socawarriors did that and won.  The TTFF are the ones who then took the matter to the courts, in clear violation of FIFA policy, yet FIFA did not get involved.  The players won several successive court rulings... the TTFF made their bed in the process and not even FIFA could prevent them from now having to lie in it.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
I said it before, JW and the TTFF have to beg Sancho for forgivness before we football do anything again.

"Blessed is he who walketh not in the counsel of the unGodly......."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »

Kev, that is nonsense.  As I said in that initial thread, the EOCO is a corruption investigation unit of the government thru it's revenue office, it was ridiculous that the Ghanaian gov't was even trying to make that argument.  FIFA could not get involved in this dispute without removing the already thin veil of transparency on their corruption.  FIFA mandates that all disputes be taking to arbitration in front of CAS.  The Socawarriors did that and won.  The TTFF are the ones who then took the matter to the courts, in clear violation of FIFA policy, yet FIFA did not get involved.  The players won several successive court rulings... the TTFF made their bed in the process and not even FIFA could prevent them from now having to lie in it.

Fairy Nuff  :)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »

:beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
Tomorrow on CTV first up morning program.

http://www.facebook.com/cnewslive
C News Live
Tomorrow on First Up:
THE STATE OF T&T’S FOOTBALL INDUSTRY

Everald “Gally” Cummings, Former “Strike Squad” Coach/Head Football Coach, UTT
Shaun Fuentes, PRO, TTFF

Live feed
http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html

For those will miss it , i will record it later on when it goes online
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »
Sancho is on breakfast tv tomorrow, also.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2012, 07:17:25 PM »
Sancho is on breakfast tv tomorrow, also.

What?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »
Minister: Footballers will not suffer
By Ian Prescott Ian.prescott@trinidadexpress.com

Minister of Sport Anil Roberts yesterday gave the assurance that neither the national Under-23 footballers nor other national teams will suffer from the fall out between the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and former players.

The players have sued the TTFF in a dispute over earnings generated during the 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign. On Wednesday, representatives of 13 former and current T&T players took levy action against the Federation which is in breach of a High Court judgement which ordered the TTFF to pay the players $4.3 million by October 17, 2011.

Levy action saw the TTFF office at 43 Dundonald Street, Port of Spain, stripped of furniture and computers.

Yesterday, Roberts declared that the Ministry of Sport had to remain outside the issue between the TTFF and players. Roberts said the Ministry would look on, but not get involved since the matter was sub-judice. However, Robert assured that the national Under-23 team will not suffer.

"I think this is the best chance we have had in our history to qualify for an Olympic football tournament," Roberts declared. "The national Under-23 men's football team is preparing to be the first team in Trinidad and Tobago to qualify for an Olympics. They have done well under coach Angus Eve, held teams like Mexico and Uruguay to draws at altitude and also came away with victory over the national team of Finland. Regardless of what happened yesterday (Wednesday), the national Under-23 footballers will have the backing of the Ministry of Sport."

Anthony Harford, head of the TTFF marketing arm, confirmed the Ministry will fund a Tobago camp for the Olympic footballers from Sunday.

The U-23s will have warm-up matches in Tobago next week against a Tobago All Stars team and the Guyana national team. They then travel to Costa Rica for another camp and then head off to California, USA early in preparation for the final round of qualifying for the 2012 London Olympics.

"I am trying to insulate the Under-23s as much as possible from what is happening," Harford said. "Both the national Under-23 team and the girls Under-17 team are preparing for major international competitions and will go into camp next week."

Earlier, Minister Roberts touched on the dispute between the TTFF and players, but said the Ministry had to remain outside the issue. "The law is the law. The wheel of justice is turning and it is totally inappropriate for the Ministry and members of the executive to get involved," he said. "Regardless of the statement made by the players' representative, Brent Sancho, the Minister is a member of the executive of the Trinidad and Tobago Government and cannot get involved. I am a mere observer...the law of the land is supreme."

And acting TTFF president Lennox Watson said because it was a court matter he too would not speak much on the dispute between the TTFF and its players.

However, Watson said the players' action was within the law. He was speaking at an emergency meeting of the TTFF executive at Harvard Club, St James.

"We are going to court in a few days and what happens in court will dictate what happens with us."

Watson also confirmed no TTFF staff will be sent home due to the levy action.

The Federation has moved back into the Dundonald Street building which they rent from former TTFF special adviser and Works Minister Jack Warner,and Watson said operations would continue, even if staff have to use their own computers.

Watson said they also have the backing of the Ministry of Sport for the continuation of the programmes of the national Under-23 men, Under-17 girls and Under-15 girls teams.

"We will operate," Watson said of the TTFF. "We may not operate with all that we had in the past, but we will operate."

And when when contacted yesterday, former TTFF president Oliver Camps said he could not comment on the levy action.

The players have threatened to take similar action against 80-year-old Camps, who led the TTFF for more than a decade before resigning last year.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »
I could be wrong ,is it possible that the TTFF owned vehicles ? if any of the workers have any of the vehicles owned by TTFF take that to from these wicked blood sucking monsters .

Who owned the Havalanche stadium? take that to from them .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>