March 28, 2024, 03:31:24 AM

Author Topic: Fabio Capello resignation  (Read 7354 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fabio Capello resignation
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »
Harry or Lucky Guus.. everyone else can f**k off

Glad the Italian is off.. England needs an expressive coach who will allow them to enjoy football

You does spend too much time imitating dem dotish Brits on dem ManU messageboards.

Ha ha I agree I don't know how they want to be expressive without creative players. I guess old Steven Gerrard is gonna pull the strings lol. I feel like England should try to play swift counterattacking football with Walcott and Chamberlain flying down the wings and Rooney as the 9, kind of like united does vs superior opposition in the champions league. Nothing special or "creative" just extremely effective. But the England players aren't as good as the United players.  On a positive side Micah Richards will finally be back in the squad I really don't know how Johnson been starting over him recently.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 10:21:53 PM »
I was being semi-facetious about England's players.  I've seen England play well and go toe to toe with more gifted teams than them....and with a good manager they have all right to expect better than they've done.  I still think they are missing that special player (or two or three) to take them beyond being a "quarter-final team"...which is usually as good as they get in major int'l competitions...

Capello is one of the most successful in the game and England performed relatively well at times under him particularly in this last Euro qualifying campaign....despite that, his system clearly wasn't working to its best with the crop he was given to work with (and I suppose he as well was a bit fed up of the JT circus)...time to try a better fit - good luck to them. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:29:16 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 03:20:47 AM »
1st off for me I can't see how Terry can be Captain with that charge hanging over him and lets face it it was delayed by Chelsea to get the season out of the way, for me Terry shouldn't be in the squad either until its resolved.

Capello knew exactly what he was doing with the interview, has enough got out when he had a reason.  Don't think he really got the hang of international manager, with only having the players for short time etc.  Said he would only pick players on form in team etc., didn't went on reputations, media and cliche.  He knew the media had turned so he was in a no win situation.  He still didn't know what his best team was or what formation and would still be in the same situation at the end of the Euro's.

As for the England team, well it does seem to have a lot of player power and a big cliche, pampered by the managers and media.  Oxlade Chamberlain who has had a couple of good games for Arsenal is suddenly being spoken about that he is the mainstay of the team, he's only a lad.  But the hype surrounding players is immense, for as long as I can remember the England team has been largely chosen on reputation, team play for and transfer fee paid with a pinch of media hype.  Its amazing how many times a player has looked like England material and never got a look in until a transfer comes along to a "big club", similarly a better looking player is overlooked for a younger / similar player at a bigger club. 

It will be Redknapp, media darling until things go tits up and he will blame the players.  As you can tell I very rarely watch or care a great deal about the England Football team.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 05:09:05 AM »
Hey kev, do you really think for one minute that harry would leave his gig @ spurs after having such ah wonderful season to go coach troubled england?

is it possible for him to hold down the both positions like hiddink did with both russia and chelsea?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 05:20:02 AM »
He will leave for the England job, but probably at the end of the season.  He can't lose at the minute, think it will be hard for him to replicate another season mostly in top 3 next year and he knows when to get out, when the going is good. 

Bit tricky between now and end of the season though, does he go now, does everybody know he's going, what are the players going to do / react.  Spurs as always will take the big compo and move on.  Managers don't tend to hang around at the club for long anyway.

It will be his last chance, the odds that he will be in such a great position / age / highly thought of next time it comes around would be very high I would of thought.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:21:52 AM by kev »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 07:42:13 AM »
Harry or Lucky Guus.. everyone else can f**k off

Glad the Italian is off.. England needs an expressive coach who will allow them to enjoy football

Did Sven not do that? How did that work out for him! England have to start listening to Public Enemy "Don't believe the hype."  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:17 AM »
Hey kev, do you really think for one minute that harry would leave his gig @ spurs after having such ah wonderful season to go coach troubled england?

is it possible for him to hold down the both positions like hiddink did with both russia and chelsea?

I think he could hold it down if it's a short-term assigment (as was Hiddink's Chelsea job)...There's no real overlap between the int'l calendar and the club season, and he'll have a lot less travel thank Hiddink.  I'm sure there are other factors to consider, but if it's a short term assigment to take England through the Euros, my sense is that he can do it.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 07:59:13 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/09/john-terry-fabio-capello

Just as those at the top of the English game were ripping their relationship to shreds, the man at the centre of the storm was conspicuous by his absence. John Terry is in Portugal, having been granted a few days off by Chelsea to nurse the knee he bruised playing for his club in a third-round FA Cup tie. He had departed for the Algarve benefiting from the outspoken backing of Fabio Capello, England manager; he will return bewildered with his principal champion cast from Wembley into the wilderness.

Matters have spiralled out of Terry's control since a member of the public emailed Hammersmith and Fulham police following Chelsea's defeat by Queens Park Rangers on 23 October. The defender's protestations of innocence have not spared him a date in court, with the trial to begin on 9 July. The implications of the ongoing legal process have now effectively cost an England manager — who had, perhaps ill-advisedly, pinned his colours to Terry — his job. Backing the centre-half's right to remain as captain, with the assumption that he was innocent until proved guilty, became the point of principle that broke Don Fabio.

This whole sorry saga had already accumulated too many victims. Anton Ferdinand – the subject of his alleged racially motivated public order offence but a player who neither heard the allegedly offensive language nor subsequently complained to the police – has received death threats, was sent a spent cartridge in the post and was taunted by Chelsea supporters when the two sides met again in the FA Cup.

Rio Ferdinand was booed at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, presumably for having the audacity to offer his younger brother a show of support some 24 hours previously in a television interview with the BBC. Terry has been roundly abused by rival supporters and, unfairly he would argue, lost the armband he cherishes so much. Capello has merely added his name to the list of victims.

Even as an unwitting catalyst Terry could never have envisaged the England manager either being as publicly outspoken as he was on Sunday evening or indeed resigning on Wednesday some four months before Euro 2012. Yet he may now wonder whether he could have warded off an embarrassment that has brought the national set-up to its knees. Much as he revelled in his role as captain, a more honourable course of action might have been to have stood down voluntarily, citing a desire to concentrate on proving his innocence in the months ahead.

It has been pointed out regularly over recent days that public figures, from teachers to politicians, have either resigned or been suspended pending the result of criminal charges. Surely he might have recognised that having the side captained by a player accused of racial abuse might tarnish the image of the whole, given the high-profile nature of the role? Had he been proactive and stepped aside, some amount of dignity might have been preserved. Capello, for his part, would certainly still be in position.

Yet it appears the defender may have considered things differently, possibly concerned that his resignation might tacitly imply guilt, and there is a logic to that argument as well. After all, he has protested his innocence since the immediate aftermath of the first derby at Loftus Road and, over recent weeks as the implications of the charges have become grimly clearer, has clung to a determined and utterly understandable desire to prove them unfounded.

He remains fiercely proud to be selected for his country and had no intention of making himself unavailable, either for the friendly against Holland later this month or for the tournament proper in Ukraine and Poland.

There may now be some private regret that the witness testimonies he hopes to deliver at his trial could not be accumulated more quickly – as the district judge hoped they would – and that the issue will now be unresolved until well into the summer. The setting of a start date eight days after the final of Euro 2012, pushed for by his legal counsel and backed up by a letter from the Chelsea chief executive, Ron Gourlay, had initially felt advantageous. That is no longer the case, either for defence or prosecution.

Now the focus will be on whether Capello's successor deems it appropriate to select Terry as a player for the finals. Harry Redknapp, the favourite to take over, has carried on his work while undergoing his own high-profile trial in recent weeks and would consider the centre-half a natural pick on form and playing reputation. Yet a new man might survey the potential divisions within the dressing room very differently from the departed Capello. Some level of tension was evident within the squad at the get-together in November for the friendlies against Spain and Sweden and it will have festered since. Given that Terry has now lost his main backer, he may justifiably wonder if the new head coach would prefer to avoid the issue altogether and tweak his selection policy accordingly.

It feels somewhat apt that Capello's tenure should have unravelled over Terry given that this has been a recurring theme throughout the Italian's spell with the national team. He was selected initially as captain after a vaguely farcical audition period, then stripped of the honour ahead of the 2010 World Cup finals when the Italian deemed allegations surrounding the centre-half's off-field conduct might divide the squad. Those allegations could be considered less serious than those now engulfing the 31-year-old, and over which Capello chose instead to offer his backing. Regardless, his reappointment a year ago was an indication of the esteem in which he was held as a natural born leader and a figure capable of inspiration. As it is, he has turned out to be the problem that simply refuses to go away.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 09:01:57 AM »
As someone partial to Spurs, I would hate to see Harry leave @ this juncture in his project there. However, he certainly merits the look in. On the player perspective side, he'll hit the ground running. Shaka attested to his qualities as a manager ... on several levels, this could be rewarding for England.

Personally though, I would like to see Martin O'Neill in the job sooner rather than later. He's done commendably in the EPL, is principled and is the consummate professional.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:03:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
As someone partial to Spurs, I would hate to see Harry leave @ this juncture in his project there. However, he certainly merits the look in. On the player perspective side, he'll hit the ground running. Shaka attested to his qualities as a manager ... on several levels, this could be rewarding for England.

Personally though, I would like to see Martin O'Neill in the job sooner rather than later. He's done commendably in the EPL, is principled and is the consummate professional.

You can bugger off.

He also ruled himself out last night on TV and I don't think he will go there having been turned down when gave it to McClaren

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 10:24:55 AM »
Yes!!  Martin O'Neill for England!  Harry is clearly not the man for the job ;D

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 11:07:07 AM »
I don't think Redknapp will be a good International manager cause he is not a tactician.

Stuart Pearce should be promoted and given a chance.
Brendan Rogers could be someone for the future  though.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »
I'm a big fan of Brendan Rogers (and Paul Lambert for that matter), but yeah... maybe somewhere down the line.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 11:31:40 AM »
I don't think Redknapp will be a good International manager cause he is not a tactician.

Thats two things I never thought I would see

Lambert and Rodgers are too young and too much player power to cope although I think both are very good managers.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:04 AM »
I'm a big fan of Brendan Rogers (and Paul Lambert for that matter), but yeah... maybe somewhere down the line.
Brendan Rodgers is building a beautiful house right now, but that foundation was all Roberto Martinez. No guarantee on what he can build from scratch.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »
Brendan Rodgers is building a beautiful house right now, but that foundation was all Roberto Martinez. No guarantee on what he can build from scratch.

I dunno about all of that.. Martinez laid a nice foundation but has been removed form the Swansea set up what, 3-4 years now?  It wasn't Martinez who got them back to back promotion.  Martinez is my favorite coach, I've said that on many occasions, but I can't see how credit can be given to him here over Rogers.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »

I dunno about all of that.. Martinez laid a nice foundation but has been removed form the Swansea set up what, 3-4 years now?  It wasn't Martinez who got them back to back promotion.  Martinez is my favorite coach, I've said that on many occasions, but I can't see how credit can be given to him here over Rogers.
He promoted them from League 1 running away and they were already in playoff contention in the Championship the next year when he left. The style of play, the philosophy and much (if not most) of the squad was his doing. Even Swansea fans (who hate 'Judas' with a passion) acknowledge that most of what they are today is because of what he put in place. Rodgers came in and took it to a new level, but who knows what Martinez would've accomplished with them if he'd stayed?

All that to say: Rodgers might be the Next Coming, but he need more than (or more with) Swansea as proof.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:47:13 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 05:42:26 PM »
I like most watch the priemer league every weekend, I am a MANU fan however I am not a fan of the English national team they are just not good enough. Capello needed to go his team selection and tactics were very poor. The interrim coaching job has been given to Staurt Pearce he may very well end up getting the job full time. I dont think Harry Redknap will take the job he is right wear he wants to be with a team in the Champions league (barring any mishaps of form with spurs) Roy Hogdson can`t handle big name players, had Martin Oneil not taken that job recently at sundenland he may have been a good candidate

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »
He promoted them from League 1 running away and they were already in playoff contention in the Championship the next year when he left. The style of play, the philosophy and much (if not most) of the squad was his doing. Even Swansea fans (who hate 'Judas' with a passion) acknowledge that most of what they are today is because of what he put in place. Rodgers came in and took it to a new level, but who knows what Martinez would've accomplished with them if he'd stayed?

All that to say: Rodgers might be the Next Coming, but he need more than (or more with) Swansea as proof.

I get you now... and agree that he probably need to do something in the Prem... keep them up, push for mid-table for a couple seasons, before he's really in contention for National coach.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 11:06:02 AM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:13:48 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »
Harry Redknapp 'England job application' goes viral on Twitter

Twitter's community of football fans have been having their fun at the expense of Harry Redknapp - mocking up a joke application for the vacant England job that's gone viral.

Harry Redknapp's mock up application (Picture: Twitter)

Users poked fun at claims made by Redknapp in court last week that he has very little business acumen and 'writes like a two year old'.

One mock-up application, which has been retweeted over 2,000 times on the micro-blogging site, reads: 'Hi, my name is Arry. Giv me Englerland Job (I pay tax).'

Centre of attention: Redknapp has never been far from the headlines this week (Photo: Getty Images)
 Other versions of the letter have also been shared, including one that reads: 'Deer fhay eye wood like tu bee manger uv ingurland tanks Arry.'

Redknapp was in the dock last week over claims he had cheated the Inland Revenue out of the tax on a sum of £189,000 found in a Monaco bank account.

He was subsequently cleared of all charges.

Redknapp was then almost immediately installed as the firm favourite to succeed manager Fabio Capello as the man to lead the Three Lions at Euro 2012, after the Italian quit over a row with the FA about the decision to strip John Terry of the captaincy.

The Spurs boss has admitted he is flattered to be linked with the job and would find it difficult to turn down if he was approached.

'I'd have to consider it obviously,' he told the media at his Friday press conference.

However, he is unlikely to have to submit a written application...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4120864/England-in-race-storm-No2.html

:whistling:

Biggest enemy...the media.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with The Sun if it was the last scrap of paper in the toilet.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4120864/England-in-race-storm-No2.html

:whistling:

Biggest enemy...the media.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with The Sun if it was the last scrap of paper in the toilet.

Page 3 have redeeming qualities
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »

Thats two things I never thought I would see

Lambert and Rodgers are too young and too much player power to cope although I think both are very good managers.

Neither would get the job because they aren't English. The FA toyed with the idea of Martin O'Neill, only because of his long management record and they were in the buy foreign state of mind anyway. After Sven, O'Neill was no less English than Scolari and Hiddink and the others they were considering. In the end they still went with McClaren who could never be considered more successful than O'Neill.

After Capello, in the current climate, with repeated calls for the next manager to be English, a young Scot or Irishman has no chance of getting the job..
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »
Right now I feel dey ringing Redknapp arm behind the scenes hard hard and throwin' real money behind him...Credit to Harry for being very diplomatic in the press and pledging his allegiance to his Club - Spurs fans will love him for it, but I feel he under real pressure because he really want de England wuk, and right now is a case of how tuh navigate that move without pissing off the Spurs faithful in order to maintain his personal brand as a man of the people...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Corneal: Capello gone, but where is racism in EPL?
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 09:05:17 AM »

Published: Thursday, February 16, 2012
Alvin Corneal

It almost appears that the world’s most popular is taking a beating from the masses on issues which are not even relevant to the happenings on the field. While we all gear ourselves to our TV sets, almost every day giving support to our favourite teams in the various major leagues across the world, two incidents regarding just four players in the EPL have been written into the press as though there is much more concern over these isolated bits of confrontation.
Honestly, I have always had problems with matters of race entering the business of Football, especially when it involves some of the highest paid players in the world. Silently, the blacks over the years tended to conceal the number of times that they were victims with fear of losing their lucrative contracts, while many of the guilty whites placed their rush of blood answers under the heading of acting within their abnormal faculties.

Looking a bit deeper into similar actions of the field among players (and sometimes even the referee), it is unimaginable that the regular use of abusive language used by the players to each other and quite often to the referee himself, without getting pulled up for it. Sometimes, I often wonder what is considered “abusive language” by the officials. Television pictures often pick up” lip reading” when the cameras are taking close up shots, and thanks heavens the microphones are not close enough for us to hear the obscenities which are exchanged by all.
I see this type of behavior as a result of aggravation which could sometimes lead up to any type of derogatory or racial slurs. Fabio Capello did not support the EPL authorities regarding the removal of John Terry from his leadership role in the National team. Clearly, the Italian coaching gismo was prepared to let the Anton Ferdinand incident, which is now a court matter, affect what he may consider some form of disruption of his squad against Holland. Capello has erred in his judgment on this matter, especially when the recent Suarez/Ezra incident is still very much in the air. I respect the management of the English Football Association for their decision, and it only demonstrates that the English pledge the protection of their country’s image over any action which may bring disrepute.

Capello is doing a job and maybe does not feel the sense of patriotism of the English. But his objection of the FA’s decision to the Italian media was unethical and he deserved to leave town. This may be a blessing in disguise for England who should now learn from Germany, Portugal, Italy, Holland, Brasil and Argentina and use the services of their own local experts like Harry Redknapp, Roy Hodgson, Kevin Keegan, or Stuart Pierce. Having said that, one begins to wonder if the absence of black coaches in the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, and even the MLS, should not be seen as some type of racial prejudice. Please do not tell me that, of all these famous black players who represented top clubs, none are good enough to be competent coaches. I will admit that the majority of our black brothers in Africa follow a similar trend and bypass their own former stars for some relatively unknown European coaches. The issue is far larger than these pockets of racism and in order to recognize indifferent behavior for the correct reasons, the referees must first clean up their act when it comes to language, action, gesticulation to provide a clearer picture.
This country may often talk racism, but I am pleased that it has always been described as political diatribe and not truly reflective in every day life. If you doubt me, just look at the camaraderie of all the various ethnicities during revelry at carnival time.
ALVIN CORNEAL - HBM
Former National Coach

1]; } ?>