April 25, 2024, 06:44:24 AM

Author Topic: Eve: Give equal opportunity to Olympic footballers.  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Eve: Give equal opportunity to Olympic footballers.
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
Eve: Give equal opportunity to Olympic footballers.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National Olympic Team head coach Angus Eve will lead a 24-man squad to Tobago this weekend for a one-week training camp which forms part of the team’s build up for the final round of CONCACAF 2012 Olympic qualification.

The T&T team, under captain Sheldon Bateau will face the Guyana Senior Team on Thursday at the Dwight Yorke Stadium from 6pm. And Eve firmly believes that the current squad should be given every opportunity possible to engage in their qualification bid with as much support possible.

Eve is calling on the former national coaches and national players who have been calling for a total overhaul of the TTFF including the halting of the Olympic team’s program to show more moral support to ensure the players receive “equal opportunities”.

“I respect everyone’s opinion but I would prefer if we could shed some more positive light on this team of players. These same ex-players and coaches will not want the current players to go down the same road that they took in the past.

‘Gally’ Cummings has been crying out for equal opportunity and Brent (Sancho) claims he was blacklisted and this prevented them from  furthering their careers. Well then why should they want these young men to be robbed off a chance of representing the country on the international stage and having a shot of bettering their careers,” Eve told TTFF Media.

“It’s not the right way to go by hoping FIFA steps in and this results in Trinidad and Tobago being asked to drop out of the international tournaments. We are talking about players who have worked very hard for over a year now to get this opportunity and if it is that the TTFF can facilitate this venture and the Ministry of Sport is supporting it, then by all means the program should go on.

I’m not saying this just because I am the coach of the team. Nothing is perfect and of course we want to see positive change but we should not take out two (Olympic team and U-17 Women’s team) of the shining lights in our football now because certain people just care about overhauling a TTFF organization,” he said.

“If this happens in terms of the programs ending, then we will have a next generation of players casting blame on the same past coaches and players for preventing them from playing international football. We’ve all been through this at some point but we had the chance to still pursue careers through football or by having the opportunity to play in a tournament,” added the ex-national captain.

“Let the boys at least get to play and if things can happen after that can mean betterment for Federation, then at least they would have been given an equal or fair opportunity.”

Eve mentioned that he’s already been holding talks with the players over the current situation.

“Obviously it’s been playing mentally on them because they’re working hard and all of a sudden they are faced with a situation where they are seeing people calling for them to stay away from the qualification. I’ve spoken to them and they understand the situation but they are also aware of the assurances that their campaign is still intact and the provisions will be there to ensure that they can focus on the football,” Eve said.

European-based defender Robert Primus and US-based defender Daneil Cyrus, both back from serious injuries which sidelined them for several months, have both been included in the squad to face Guyana.

T&T will open the final round of qualifiers versus Mexico on March 23 in Carson, California. They then face Panama (25th) and Honduras (27th). The top two teams from the group will advance to the semi-finals  on March 31 in Kansas. The two finalists will advance to the London Olympics.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Eve: Give equal opportunity to Olympic footballers.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 05:04:24 PM »
Men trying to jumbie Eve plane ride, how alyuh go do that.

WTH.....look Fuentes give ah timely press release. How come he eh leh the team manager call.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
...When the TTFF clique removed Eve from the Under-23 team people stood up and forced the TTFF to reverse the decision. When the Under-23 team manager, Norris Ferguson, was removed (victimised) for supporting Look Loy against Watson, Eve said it was not his job to tell the TTFF who to appoint. Now he bawling because "his" team might not have funding to go to the CONCACAF final tournament. TOO MANY PEOPLE ONLY CONCERNED WITH HOW THEY MAKING OUT...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:13:53 PM »
.............and he forget how much Gally did for he.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
Men trying to jumbie Eve plane ride, how alyuh go do that.

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
This thing is gone past Warner now. The TTFF inexorably unwinding and they still refusing to pass the torch.  Unless things change there will be a total meltdown in football from all the infighting and rivalries. For those who say we can't go any lower....just wait.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
This thing is gone past Warner now. The TTFF inexorably unwinding and they still refusing to pass the torch.  Unless things change there will be a total meltdown in football from all the infighting and rivalries. For those who say we can't go any lower....just wait.

LIMBO TIME
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:10:01 PM »
Eve should grow a pair or be quiet and focus his energies on the team. Now he's allowing himself to be used by the TTFF to spread this red herring argument that anyone who wishes a FIFA takeover or suspension are jeopardizing the efforts of the teams that are currently in good form.

There is a T&T-based group that has been in contact with FIFA since last August and that very question was asked. They were told by FIFA that no such action would be made if a normalization committee came about. In fact, when their official letter requesting the normalization committee was sent in November, a specific request was included in the letter that T&T footballers should not be punished as a result of administrative malfeasance.

Anyone who raises the argument that the "potential consequences" of total reform include lost opportunities for players or denial of local administrators to guide the reform of T&T football is either ignorant of the process or is a lackey of the current TTFF.

BTW, it appears that Jack has failed to submit anything to the court today.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
I think Eve is missing  the point! This team could go the same route of the Soca Warriors if the modus  operandi of the present executive remains intact! ! In the event there is a normalization committee I believe they would ensure that the progress is not hindered! In the current environment this group appears to be using Eve to hold onto power and he cannot see that! They will dispense with Him as they did his manager if they could exploit someone else serving their purpose! Half of those guys do not have as the primary interest , the development of  football in Trinidad and Tobago!
This is Sean Fuentes dirty and poor PR that he is drawing. Eve into just as he got  Rougier and others to talk about the symposium!
It is because of Gally's leadership in 89 that the under 19 made it to Portugal from which he benefitted! He should be grateful instead of talking foolishness!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 11:07:36 PM »
I have to contact my operatives in TnT and ask them to contact the cop to let him know that the TTFF paying you with crack cocaine and crack money and you have to have some of the finest ladies of the night just chillin in your crib just waiting to massage your ego. How else would you account for the bullshit you spitting our way. They don't have any money, they said so themselves. Your loyalty, however honourable, is misguided my yute.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
I didn't read the article in detail earlier but I see Gally responded and before I read Gally's response I wanted to make sure I knew what he was responding to.....

We all know this is not about the current U-23's.  It is about a process that has been unfolding over 6 years.  It just so happens "your" team is about to go off on a trip to qualification.....steups, what de hell ah wasting mih time....to make a long story short........

Eve, you is an ungrateful, back stabbing, nasty house slave.  As usual, when time for men with balls to come forward, every man does see for they self.  Wha happen, your balls by the TTFF office too??....steups!!!.....enjoy your little trip to the Olympic qualifiers, it may be your last one.  The TTFF may not exist by the time you return....A-hole!!!!!    :bs:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »
I'm confused....so Mr Eve is criticising Sancho and friends, yet Friday morning Eves two cohorts, Tiger Fitzpatrick and Nigel Henry are on TV complaining that those who didn't go to Germany should also get some cash.

Now I happen to believe they are correct. They should receive their share of the qualification bonus. They played their part in taking T&T to Germany. And I respect Tiger & Henry for standing up for their rights.

What I have a problem with is Angus Eve being one of the main movers and shakers behind this but being so concerned about his job, he pushes forward others to put his case, then says the opposite in a press release.

Surely, the guy who's taking the U23's to USA would be the most powerful of their group to voice their case? I'm saddened that he can give such a press release on the same day his chums are asking for a piece of the same pie.

Its like a hyena protesting about a lion killing an antelope and then rushing in to fight over the scraps.

These other players should carry on fighting too. But not against the 13 warriors. I know from fact that the 13 and Mike Townley have given these guys access to their evidence, legal advice and connected them with a lawyer familiar with the case. The problem is, I don't think they want to pay to fight.

They were also invited to share in their rightful allocation of funds received by the 13, providing they contributed an equal amount of the legal fees incurred. They have so far declined.

These guys are absolutely definitely entitled to some money from the qualification bonus. Justice Rampersad can only award funds to the 13 in the case. Its not their fault. The moneys there, the guilt has been proven. Hire a lawyer and go and get it......or is that too risky for Mr Eve?

"Brent (Sancho) claims he was blacklisted and this prevented them from  furthering their careers." How can Eve even say this? There is documentary evidence that this was the case. Those players damaged their careers to stand up for their rights and in the process, expose the massive financial mismanagement and disrespect for players that has plagued T&T football for 30 years. Yet even as he's trying to subversively take a piece of the pie, he values his career too high to fight for the very future of those young boys that he claims to care about, while sneering at a distance at Sancho et al.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 12:49:38 AM »
"Brent (Sancho) claims he was blacklisted and this prevented them from  furthering their careers." How can Eve even say this? There is documentary evidence that this was the case. Those players damaged their careers to stand up for their rights and in the process, expose the massive financial mismanagement and disrespect for players that has plagued T&T football for 30 years. Yet even as he's trying to subversively take a piece of the pie, he values his career too high to fight for the very future of those young boys that he claims to care about, while sneering at a distance at Sancho et al.

When I read that statement, "claims" I was very disappointed in Eve. Men like Kelvin Jack and Brent Sancho have put their careers on the line to fight for justice and dignity. I am so disappointed with the spinelessness of my countrymen. I'm very ashamed of their behavior.

We are all happy about the job Eve is doing with the U23s and want to see their success. But we can't continue to live in an old wood house infested with rats and ashamed to have visitors over. Have we NO pride? We can do MUCH better. All it takes is having some pride and integrity. Transparency, accountability, and some pride in the shirt from the players, man.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:38:11 AM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 06:06:19 AM »

When I read that statement, "claims" I was very disappointed in Eve. Men like Kelvin Jack and Brent Sancho have put their careers on the line to fight for justice and dignity. I am so disappointed with the spinelessness of my countrymen. I'm very ashamed of their behavior.

We are all happy about the job Eve is doing with the U23s and want to see their success. But we can't continue to live in an old wodd house infested with rats and ashamed to have visitors over. Have we NO pride? We can do MUCH better. All it takes is having some pride and integrity. Transparency, accountability, and some pride in the shirt from the players, man.

Eve is really trashing his reputation unnecessarily with these unfortunate comments and PDA(public display of asslickin'). I suppose if you have to sing for your supper, you gotta hit the high notes.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 06:23:48 AM »
Maybe he didn't use the word "claims".  Fuentes is the one writing the story.......need I say more..... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 07:30:01 AM »
Maybe he didn't use the word "claims".  Fuentes is the one writing the story.......need I say more..... ::)

I hear exactly what you're saying, Brownie, but why isn't Eve spitting feathers and denying he said that?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 07:31:23 AM »

I hear exactly what you're saying, Brownie, but why isn't Eve spitting feathers and denying he said that?

Because I cyar believe he would stoop that low.....ah trying hard to give the fella the benefit of the doubt.....Fuentes on the other hand.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »
good coach but it would seem a selfish, asswipe of a human being..............disappointed ..........sigh
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
Angus don't listen to them fella, you and I have a clear understanding of what you are really trying to say. Gve the Olympic footballers an equal opportunity to get f$%&ed by the ttff.
By the way, just wondering. How were you able to talk them fellas into accepting the $200 the TTFF gave them the other day? Was it $200 us or $200 tt?. You know Angus, if it's 200 tt, them fellas can't even take a girlfriend to the movies with that. Just letting you know nah, just in case you have forgotten.
Anyways, peace my brother, hope to see you on the breadline, soon.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:58:07 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »
The 200.00 stipend. Is that for 1 game. How is that working out. That amount eh accurate, fellahs.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
The 200.00 stipend. Is that for 1 game. How is that working out. That amount eh accurate, fellahs.

TT$200 for Finland game. It wasn't an International....it was a practice game....apparently!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »
Allyuh being way too hard on Eve. All Angus care about is his position and the U23 getting to the Olympics, that may not meet everyone's objectives but the U23 more than likely have those same thoughts, all that is going on with the TTFF would be seen as politics to those players as well as Eve. 

And lost in all this fiery talk is some National U23 players who only have dreams of going to the Olympics.

All the guns need to focus on the TTFF, this starting to look like ah mob mentality and it have enough ah that going on in T&T right now.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
Allyuh being way too hard on Eve. All Angus care about is his position and the U23 getting to the Olympics, that may not meet everyone's objectives but the U23 more than likely have those same thoughts, all that is going on with the TTFF would be seen as politics to those players as well as Eve. 

And lost in all this fiery talk is some National U23 players who only have dreams of going to the Olympics.

All the guns need to focus on the TTFF, this starting to look like ah mob mentality and it have enough ah that going on in T&T right now.

I agree with you in most part. The U23 needs the least amount of distractions in their preparation. And it appears Angus is not taking any chances. He has a good thing going. It appears to us that he may be siding the TTFF because unfortunately is they who are his employers thru no fault of his. How do we expect him to criticise the TTFF at this moment. But he should also watch what he is saying. He appeard to be saying the blaclklisted wants to deter the U23. That is far from the truth. Wait until this U23 becomes the seniors for the next 4 yrs with this current TTFF admin. They will get the same shitty treatment or even worse than what the blacklisted recieved.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
Allyuh being way too hard on Eve.

Then Eve needs to watch what he is saying when Fuentes puts a mic in front of him and roll tape.  I eh have nutten against him wanting to go to the Olympics and live out his dream and that of the U-23's.   Is when he pass he mouth on Gally and make the blacklist sound like a figment of Sancho's imagination that make mih get vex with him.......

He could have said what he had to say without going dey......is people like he and other house slaves that have we football in a mess.....all ah dem balls down on Dundonald Street!!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
Brownie you way out the boat with that "house slave" statement  no needed to buss him like that. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 03:43:57 PM »
Eve has been a great inspirtaion until he made those comments. He needs to do like a politician and say he mis-spoke as he is going to get in a lot of trouble swimming in the wrong direction with the coming tsunami.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>