March 29, 2024, 04:22:58 AM

Author Topic: TTFF employees face breadline.  (Read 4233 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
TTFF employees face breadline.
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:53:45 AM »
TTFF employees face breadline
By WALTER ALIBEY
Newsday

EIGHT employees from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) including president Lennox Watson, general secretary Richard Groden, executive member Peter Rampersad, Sharon O’Brien and communication’s officer Shaun Fuentes could be thrown on the breadline after a bailiff swooped down and seized the assets of the federation.

The action came a from recent court order in which the TTFF was ordered to pay players monies owed to them from the 2006 World Cup Football campaign. The ruling will also hamper the embattled football federation-the country’s governing body for football, from functioning properly in its own home.

Despite the court order however, Newsday understood that the federation will still receive an annual grant of US$250,000 from the world governing body for football, FIFA. Sources said the federation has been using the grant to pay its salaries and other expenses although the FIFA funding is supposed to go toward the development of football.

A top football official, who asked not to be named, explained that the court ruling cannot prevent the football federation from functioning. “When FIFA hears about this new development then they can decide on the best way forward for football in TT.”

TTFF president Lennox Watson confirmed the federation will continue to operate as the legally recognised organisation in charge of football in TT. He explained the federation will continue to raise funds to pay its workers and other expenses as they have been doing in the past.

The ex-prisons officer declined to give details of how his federation would function, from where and how it proposes to raise funds. “There will be no job losses because there is a lot of work to do and we will need all our workers to do it.”

The local football boss also dismissed talks that his federation used the grant from FIFA to pay its expenses, saying, “That grant is to be used for development and that is what we will use it for.”

Former national footballer Brent Sancho explained yesterday that a lot more people face being affected by the seizure. It is understood that staff members from the senior team wrote to the Ministry of Sports last month to complain they were not paid salaries for the qualifying period. According to Sancho, former national player and coach Russell Latapy is also considering taking legal action against the federation for monies owed to him.

To date the ex-players are unable to state exactly how much monies are owed to them since the football federation was unable to find its books. The money stemmed from all commercial deals made during the 2006 campaign. Apart from a whopping $88 million from Government, there were also sponsorships from corporate citizens such as Carib Brewery, TSTT, KFC, Adidas, Puma and ebay among many others. Monies for the players were also expected from TV rights.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF employees face breadline.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:36:34 AM »
too bad

players and staff also...long long time
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »
too bad

players and staff also...long long time

ENTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »
I doh feel sorry for then, not one bit: Seize they bank account, homes and cars also...!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
...That's a daft opinion. The workers are not to blame for the TTFF clique's disgraceful mismanagement. Are you to be held responsible for what your bosses do?...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
...That's a daft opinion. The workers are not to blame for the TTFF clique's disgraceful mismanagement. Are you to be held responsible for what your bosses do?...

Lighten up! Gosh It's saturday morning  :beermug:, Some of these very TTFF employes had the nastiest things to say about the Socawarriors on Facebook. Hopefully their perspectives have changed, since the shoe is on the other foot!  :beermug:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
You know sometimes when i read the sentiments of some posters on the site i does undstand why crine is so prevalent in T&T,i always think the people on here are educated and sensible people but when you look at comments like this and some others i saw previously, you have to wonder what less educated people would do.

What some of us don't realize is part of the reason for a lot of the crime is because people on the breadline and we laughing at what's going on with our Football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
Well since this pitiful partnership people loose dey wuk 4 no reason. So they will just b like lots of other people unemployed and it is not their fault.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 11:04:53 AM »
Well since this pitiful partnership people loose dey wuk 4 no reason. So they will just b like lots of other people unemployed and it is not their fault.
      You hear what this guy said,take their car,house,property etc etc for what Football? remember too,this also include Coaches and players.All i would say to you is praise the lord you in a position to say that and you does go to Church,the last government did the same thing.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »
      You hear what this guy said,take their car,house,property etc etc for what Football? remember too,this also include Coaches and players.All i would say to you is praise the lord you in a position to say that and you does go to Church,the last government did the same thing.   

Coop's yuh eh see whey Daft say he was just joking? Come on man.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »
Allyuh not readin or wa, Watson said no-one would be sent home.

"Watson also confirmed no TTFF staff will be sent home due to the levy action. "

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 11:17:44 AM »

Bakes,that is not a joke,people reading these things and not everybody takes it the same way,even the people involved read this,how alyu does want this site to get the respect it really needs when you have people posting threads like this on it,i'm very sensitive to these things that's why people will always find i'm negative,you don't make joke with people's livlihood.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »

Coops yuh iz meh pardner but what last govt send people home? People gettin send home 4 no reason so if dis bunch ah jokers get send home I eh go bawl because ah all bawl out 4 people who really get send home.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »

Coops yuh iz meh pardner but what last govt send people home? People gettin send home 4 no reason so if dis bunch ah jokers get send home I eh go bawl because ah all bawl out 4 people who really get send home.
     Alright Sis we cool. :laugh:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 06:49:04 AM »
Fee sorry !!! Hell no.

And this news is just a gimmick to fool the public.

If you working for a crook and you know he corrupted, sell drugs, kill perople (etc) and still working there, then you just as guilty.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 08:33:44 AM »

These people siddung and watch and enjoyed the spoils that they knew was tainted. Now alyuh want people to feel sorry for them? Alyuh serious?

Bakes,that is not a joke,people reading these things and not everybody takes it the same way,even the people involved read this,how alyu does want this site to get the respect it really needs when you have people posting threads like this on it,i'm very sensitive to these things that's why people will always find i'm negative,you don't make joke with people's livlihood.

Ah still tuh hear yuh talk up for when these same people was making Joke with Sancho, Jack, etc livelihood. Where yuh statement on that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »

These people siddung and watch and enjoyed the spoils that they knew was tainted. Now alyuh want people to feel sorry for them? Alyuh serious?

Ah still tuh hear yuh talk up for when these same people was making Joke with Sancho, Jack, etc livelihood. Where yuh statement on that.
       I've talked many times on this issue but you will never hear what i had to say because it's not what you want to hear.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
"FIFA further informed Wired868 that the TTFF will feel the brunt of its sanctions for failing to account for the money.

"Consequently FIFA, in a letter, requested in October 2011 a full explanation from the TTFF into those funds," stated FIFA. "As FIFA has not received any satisfactory response FIFA has stopped with immediate effect any payments to the TTFF until it will receive proper accounts of these funds allocated as an immediate relief support to the FHF."

FIFA provides each member association with an annual subvention of $1.6 million (US$250,000). "

So, no money from FIFA, none from Govt, none from TV rights. So where the money coming from now?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 10:09:36 AM »
"FIFA further informed Wired868 that the TTFF will feel the brunt of its sanctions for failing to account for the money.

"Consequently FIFA, in a letter, requested in October 2011 a full explanation from the TTFF into those funds," stated FIFA. "As FIFA has not received any satisfactory response FIFA has stopped with immediate effect any payments to the TTFF until it will receive proper accounts of these funds allocated as an immediate relief support to the FHF."

FIFA provides each member association with an annual subvention of $1.6 million (US$250,000). "

So, no money from FIFA, none from Govt, none from TV rights. So where the money coming from now?

Sponsorship money on hold, no more bailouts from big daddy Jack, and they are deep in arrears.

This looks like the end and a tragic end at that. But hopefully people finally get the message that the Warner model of lack of transparency + short term gain = long term pain
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Online sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
Well the accomplice is just as guilty as the thief
Jack is going down and I pray he take all his clowns with him
The longer he takes to see the error of his ways,it appears more of his tricks will be exposed
Peter will pay for Paul and Jack will pay for all
The longest rope has an end..... :  :devil:
How one man playing smart and not being clever has brought this beautiful game to this...... :yellowcard:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »
People, ... Jackula, Scampitinho, Rodent, Watless and their lackeys are coming face to face with what we predicted. Sancho, K Jack, Shaka and their crew were never playing around.  There were warnings over and over again that they wil be taken to the cleaners and no mercy will be spared as they were going for the financial jugular of this rotten organization.  A sensible person in the TTFF staff would have said "boy I jumpin' orf this ship before it sinks oui", but I guess stick break in dey ears. So collateral damage will be dished out ... and yes is breadline for TTFF employees. Life is very unforgiving but there is a valuable teaching moment in all this ugliness. There is no time to be sorry really. I am sorry only for those who somehow could have managed to have never understood what time it was.   De bacchanal now start. Dis eh no joke.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 11:21:01 PM »
Mr Cooper-

Thank you for somehow equating my callous joke with crime! In my American world crime is divided in 2 categories: 1) Opportunity & 2) Necessity. I wish to inform you that educated people also commit crime on a daily basis, crime has no class or structure. I'm not a poster that comes on here to "flex" my intellectual muscles, if I'm wrong, I admit it and move one. I have no need for fighting or belittling no one.

While I may not be well versed in TnT's soccer or in it's culture or as articulate as others on this site, the one thing I am certain is: Yes I would put "all" TTFF members on the breadline. How many careers were set back during the "Blacklisting"? The TTFF has employed a structure of business (business model) that has ran huge financial losses even during peak seasons (WC, GC, CC) and they are always looking for gov't, handouts, subsidies etc. Is is their job to promote TnT soccer, but during the last few years, even that ability has come into serious question. The TTFF is riddled with gross incompetence: from travel arrangements, to providing standardized match fees, contractual agreements, coaches & coaching staff, to even capitalizing on the brand name that is "Socawarriors." If upper management is always financially in the red and is somewhat disorganized (yet nothing changed), what does it leave me to assume of middle or lower management.

If the business model for the TTFF is always in deficits, how come their members/staff are always "holidaying" in Boston, Barbados, Bermuda, Boca Raton, Bahamas etc. I have posted pics here of special advisors and staff members " toasting their grand cru in the back seats of limos at the Bridge" Where did this money come from? While it is not my business, it does raise the eyebrow, when I hear they are broke, and unable to pay their principle producers of their product! This also leaves me to believe that Jack, only cared about the money during 2006, he neglected his product, his market, his consumers and justified it, the staff members also did it publicly. He felt that somehow he could do a product replacement and there would be no consequences, and that the talent of his WC 2006 product would also roll over and play dead . If staff members can be so callous & fearless  as to share their opinions on social media, they should be fearless when the ax man comes.

I heard and saw my friends being ridiculed on social media, should I stay still, when the TTFF members are living large on a broken financial business model, what does it leave me to believe about management and staff at all levels? That it's corrupted at every level, right? Facebook is a hell of ah thing eh! I would rather sacrifice the upper, middle and lower staffing in order to save my product and right now that product in this market is suffering. Yes I would ask that their assets be seized until, until individuals are assessed to have not benefitted from cronyism and from directing funds for personal pleasure! The days of stealing are done!

This is not meant to disrespect you but come one man.... would you want anyone form the old regime in?

In the end you could analyze every word I say but when members of the TTFF go on record publicly ridiculing the 2006 WC members, it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth! Take Care!

-Daft Trini.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:06:56 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 05:58:57 AM »
Mr Cooper-

Thank you for somehow equating my callous joke with crime! In my American world crime is divided in 2 categories: 1) Opportunity & 2) Necessity. I wish to inform you that educated people also commit crime on a daily basis, crime has no class or structure. I'm not a poster that comes on here to "flex" my intellectual muscles, if I'm wrong, I admit it and move one. I have no need for fighting or belittling no one.

While I may not be well versed in TnT's soccer or in it's culture or as articulate as others on this site, the one thing I am certain is: Yes I would put "all" TTFF members on the breadline. How many careers were set back during the "Blacklisting"? The TTFF has employed a structure of business (business model) that has ran huge financial losses even during peak seasons (WC, GC, CC) and they are always looking for gov't, handouts, subsidies etc. Is is their job to promote TnT soccer, but during the last few years, even that ability has come into serious question. The TTFF is riddled with gross incompetence: from travel arrangements, to providing standardized match fees, contractual agreements, coaches & coaching staff, to even capitalizing on the brand name that is "Socawarriors." If upper management is always financially in the red and is somewhat disorganized (yet nothing changed), what does it leave me to assume of middle or lower management.

If the business model for the TTFF is always in deficits, how come their members/staff are always "holidaying" in Boston, Barbados, Bermuda, Boca Raton, Bahamas etc. I have posted pics here of special advisors and staff members " toasting their grand cru in the back seats of limos at the Bridge" Where did this money come from? While it is not my business, it does raise the eyebrow, when I hear they are broke, and unable to pay their principle producers of their product! This also leaves me to believe that Jack, only cared about the money during 2006, he neglected his product, his market, his consumers and justified it, the staff members also did it publicly. He felt that somehow he could do a product replacement and there would be no consequences, and that the talent of his WC 2006 product would also roll over and play dead . If staff members can be so callous & fearless  as to share their opinions on social media, they should be fearless when the ax man comes.

I heard and saw my friends being ridiculed on social media, should I stay still, when the TTFF members are living large on a broken financial business model, what does it leave me to believe about management and staff at all levels? That it's corrupted at every level, right? Facebook is a hell of ah thing eh! I would rather sacrifice the upper, middle and lower staffing in order to save my product and right now that product in this market is suffering. Yes I would ask that their assets be seized until, until individuals are assessed to have not benefitted from cronyism and from directing funds for personal pleasure! The days of stealing are done!

This is not meant to disrespect you but come one man.... would you want anyone form the old regime in?

In the end you could analyze every word I say but when members of the TTFF go on record publicly ridiculing the 2006 WC members, it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth! Take Care!

-Daft Trini.

Very good post, D.T.  Until management, in many areas of business, are made accountable for their jobs, their employees will be allowed to rock back and collect their cheques. How is it possible for Richard Groden to run TTFF for so long, overseeing year after year of shoddy performance? I don't blame the TTFF employees, just like I don't blame the Clico employees or even the guys paid by WASA to fix the potholes. Why should they do any more than the bare minimum? When the managers only interest in performance is the free one they watch at their fetes from their VVIP areas, things will never change.

Simple one to one meetings with line managers incorporating targets and SWOT analysis could result in 100% performance improvement. Every employee, including the cleaners should be accountable for their roles. Only then will this nation begin to benefit from its extraordinary good fortune in having access to massive natural resources. All are being mispent and squandered, including T&Ts greatest natural resource....its people.

The TTFF employees were never led properly. They sack the coach for poor performance yet the TTFF management have underperformed for 30 years, while living the VVIP lifestyle.  I will have absoloutely no sympathy when they lose everything. The office staff should be able to reapply for their positions and offered the chance to work under a structured, accountable regime. 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 07:09:11 AM »
Whereas we may feel sorry for certain individuals, this should be no surprise, what other end could come to an organisation with millions given to them every year - yet are unaccountable and too incompetent to market the game or get proper internationals. It's been 30 years of more of this whilst they collectively lick Jack Warner's as*.

With incompetence comes dismissal.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 08:07:22 AM »
Football is an international market and the ttff is an international business. The ttff and it's employees dereliction are on display for the global market to observe. What kinda message does this send...? Preserve a few jobs, while limiting and stifling growth in the international football market..... that makes no sense to me! I have learned you cannot do business with you heart in your hands  :beermug:

Thanks F.S. If the TTFF is open to change, I believe that some of the posters on here can be a tremendous asset....  :beermug:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:25:41 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 09:09:40 AM »
Add the Corneals to the list , persons who have been benefiiting from their relationship with Jack over 30 years  and undermining players and coaches!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »
Doh study coops, he's just a JW/TTFF apologist.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
Yuh somewhat know a person by the company dey does keep and de kinda people dey does look up to. Good look to those who wish to stay hitched to the Jackula bandwaggon
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:29:12 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline ZURITRESS

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »
Coops you are an complete and utter asshole, your friends may lose their work and you sad and disappointed that justice is being served when these same sons of bitches was bleeding every last bit of hope and prosperity of a nations footballers and its money. Evil is f**king evil and every dog has his day, so why don't you just keep your hypocritical ass quiet with that shit. I know you, you don't know me , but you is one of them that enjoy the fruits of Jack's and this administrations ill gotten gains, so i putting aside my found Christianity just for this post, Shut to f**k up

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »
I wish we could get some form of forensic audits on Groden, Camps and Jack...

1]; } ?>