March 29, 2024, 05:26:09 AM

Author Topic: Sponsors Unsure About Future TTFF Relationship  (Read 2040 times)

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Sponsors Unsure About Future TTFF Relationship
« on: February 11, 2012, 01:54:25 PM »
What little corporate involvement with TTFF there was is now in serious doubt of continuing.

Sponsors unsure about TTFF
T&T Newsday reports.

LOCAL CORPORATE bodies Carib Brewery Limited and Blink/Bmobile are both unsure of their future involvement with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), following a levy order taken by 13 Soca Warriors players against the local governing body last Wednesday.

Colin Murray, sponsorship and events manager of Carib, noted, “Carib’s deal with the national team came to an end at the end of the World Cup campaign. At this point in time, we really don’t have a deal per se with the TTFF.”

However, Murray was asked if Carib may renew their deal with the Federation.

“Nothing has been confirmed as yet,” he said. “It’s too early to say what we’re doing or what we’re not doing.

“All we know is what we’re reading in the papers or seeing in the news. At this point in time, we really don’t have much to say on this issue.”

He continued, “we don’t know what is happening with the TTFF, what is the next step from the players. As a sponsor, we’re waiting to see what unfolds. And we really can’t comment until there’s a clearer picture to the way forward.”

Camille Salandy, head of public relations and external affairs at Blink/Bmobile, was asked if the telecommunications group will be continuing their sponsorship with TTFF. “That’s much too early to tell,” she responded. “We cannot give an official comment at this time.”
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:42:03 PM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsors Unsure About Future TTFF Relationship
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 02:01:07 PM »
No need when u have a blank checque from me and my fellow tax payers.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
No need when u have a blank checque from me and my fellow tax payers.
Ain't that the truth. But, the more the TTFF is dependent on government funding the closer they get to violating the FIFA statutes that touch upon undue influence of third parties. One way or another, the days of these jokers are numbered.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »
Too early to tell?  Why don't they concentrate their time on finding out where their previous funds went to?

Colin Murray in particular should be asking "How, if we gave you $10 million in 2005, does only $3 million appear in your accounts?"

I would imagine that this is some kind of fraud against Carib, so why don't they apply some pressure?

If Carib is really a supporter of National Football as they claim, this includes a moral obligation to the people of T&T.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Too early to tell?  Why don't they concentrate their time on finding out where their previous funds went to?

Colin Murray in particular should be asking "How, if we gave you $10 million in 2005, does only $3 million appear in your accounts?"

I would imagine that this is some kind of fraud against Carib, so why don't they apply some pressure?

If Carib is really a supporter of National Football as they claim, this includes a moral obligation to the people of T&T.

um didn collin murray go out to personally cast carib's vote for Watson is bunch ah who know who maintain d status quo spineless pricks we dealin wit................an Collin is now one in dat ilk as far as I concerned
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:07:29 AM »

Easy there hero... sponsors pay for advertising, what the TTFF does with the money is not their concern.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:35:16 AM »

Easy there hero... sponsors pay for advertising, what the TTFF does with the money is not their concern.

I hear you. However, its not a positive vibe to be connected with, and although it could be said thats its better to let it lie, it could also be good P.R. at this time to support transparency and the "people's heroes"!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »
If the current TTFF administration really care about T&T football like they claim, they would resign en masse and call for elections immediately to allow a new beginnning.  The longer they remain in leadership provides evidence that they really only care about their own egos nd their own pockets.
To Watson and Co: Do the right thing! Give it up!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »

If the current TTFF administration really care about T&T football like they claim, they would resign en masse and call for elections immediately to allow a new beginnning.  The longer they remain in leadership provides evidence that they really only care about their own egos nd their own pockets.

I second that
If Jack is the Tree,then Watson and co are the leaves and branches,clean house pronto
The age of Dinosaurs is over.... :devil:
        R I P.....

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
Orbituary for the current TTFF cabal being written right now. When the money men jump ship, it's ovah.
Next will be the "mainstream" media.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:01:28 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »

thas  the idea..well said
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 12:51:53 AM »
I hear you. However, its not a positive vibe to be connected with, and although it could be said thats its better to let it lie, it could also be good P.R. at this time to support transparency and the "people's heroes"!

Yeah, can't disagree with anything you said.

1]; } ?>