April 27, 2024, 07:22:22 AM

Author Topic: Warner named in Haitian aid scandal  (Read 10374 times)

truetrini

Warner named in Haitian aid scandal
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »
Warner named in Haitian aid scandal.
By: Lasana Liburd (wired868).

... FIFA allegedly stops TTFF funds

Trinidad and Tobago Works Minister and ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner is a central figure in a fresh financial scandal after an exclusive report by the UK Sunday Times revealed that close to $4.4 million (US$690,000) donated by FIFA and South Korea never made it to the Federation of Haitian Football (FHF).

Warner, in his capacity as CONCACAF and Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president, collected $4.76 million (US$750,000) on behalf of Haiti after the Caribbean island was stunned by a massive earthquake on 12 January 2010.

The Haitian government estimated that 316,000 persons were killed including over 30 football officials as the FHF building was reduced to rubble.

However, FHF Yves Jean-Bart told Sunday Times reporters, James Corbett, Jonathan Calvert and Heidi Blake that only $381,000 (US$60,000) made it to grief-stricken nation from the aid money allegedly given to Warner.

"Warner always told me your money is there, is available, any time," Jean-Bart told the Times, "but I didn't get it."

Wired868 attempted to contact Warner by phone but the Chaguanas West MP has not yet responded to enquiries.

Warner mentioned the FIFA aid of roughly $1.6 million (US$250,000) when he toured Port-au-Prince in January 2010 and insisted that sport will play its part in helping the restoration of one of the world's poorest nations.

Wealthy South Korean businessman and politician, Chung Mong-Joon, who is also a former FIFA vice president, donated $3.2 million (US$500,000) to Haiti's relief fund. South Korea was bidding to host the 2022 World Cup at the time.

"It is a humanitarian crisis," said Warner. "Sport is a vehicle for social transformation... Let us share this hope with Haiti so she can rise again.

"FIFA understands its role in inspiring a nation... Let us use sport to ignite hope."

Warner further promised to coordinate aid efforts for Haiti.

Read More

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:12:26 AM by Flex »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner named in Haitian aid scandal
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:38:14 AM »
Their integrity lower than a razor blade on the floor!!!

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:38:43 AM »
If this proves to be true, it would be the lowest that Warner has ever sunk to!

Nah Jack..come straight and show that they lying....ah shame even for Jack!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
Absolutely nothing surprises me about JAW. He worst than Jaws.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already murdered.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 05:34:58 AM »

lol this man just cyar help tiefing no matter for what when and how.
Time to fire this man as a govt minister and drop him in a cholera infested haitian river
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 06:26:15 AM »
If this is true, that is it for Mr. Warner and certain members of the TTFF. There is a special place in hell for people who enrich themselves from the misery of others. I am ashamed that a fellow Trnidadian was engaged in this hateful act. The amount of nonsense that has been done to Haiti is shameful.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 06:31:09 AM »
From the article......

"Fifa wired, immediately after the devastating earthquake, $250,000 as an emergency aid for Haiti to the account of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF)," stated the FIFA Media Office. "This was on request of the then Concacaf president Jack Warner."

This sounding real familar.....where have I seen this plot before......hhhhhmmmm.... :thinking: :thinking:

"The Scottish FA official said Warner asked for the cheque to be made out to him personally rather than the TTFF".....

tsk, tsk, tsk.......nasty, stinking, dutty ole tief!!!!....*spits on him*
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:34:27 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
And once again, Trinidad & Tobago is internationally embarrassed by Warner, Camps and Groden. What must people in places like Australia, Iceland or Syria think of us?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 06:54:44 AM »
When will the government do the right thing and let go of this man
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 07:00:04 AM »
And once again, Trinidad & Tobago is internationally embarrassed by Warner, Camps and Groden. What must people in places like Australia, Iceland or Syria think of us?

Huh?? I dunno FS, either there must be a sarcasm font for your brand of humor or you have to be out of your mind. Syria, for real?! Iceland just went through an epic financial fraud meltdown. Who gives a flip about what others think. While we can and should learn from others, WE have to set our own high standards and measure ourselves against those standards. I could give a damn what a country that sponsors state terrorism thinks.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 07:24:45 AM »

Huh?? I dunno FS, either there must be a sarcasm font for your brand of humor or you have to be out of your mind. Syria, for real?! Iceland just went through an epic financial fraud meltdown. Who gives a flip about what others think. While we can and should learn from others, WE have to set our own high standards and measure ourselves against those standards. I could give a damn what a country that sponsors state terrorism thinks.

I kinda think thats the point. Even countries with bad reputations don't appear to be stealing from Earthquake victims!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 07:29:55 AM »
When will the government do the right thing and let go of this man

Yuh think it have bacchanal now??  If this happens.....it will be a Tsunami of bacchanal.......the pun is intended   ;D

Do you remember the election campaigns of 2010.  It was either the UNC election campaign or the General Election campaign when Jack, when asked if he would be able to work alongside Kamla, remarked....."I cuss she, she cuss me.....no big thing, we could work together".......so just imagine what kinda skeletons dem trying to hide from de public........mindboggling.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 07:36:49 AM »

I kinda think thats the point. Even countries with bad reputations don't appear to be stealing from Earthquake victims!!

And you know this from what proof? If the point you were trying to make was that even really bad countries don't steal from earthquake victims, how the hell did Australia make that list? Sorry, but you being a bit inconsistent. In any event, what Warner did was evil and the government would do itself and the country a tremendous service by firing him and give Haiti the missing money because I'm sure some of those Haiti funds were used in the national election.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 07:42:19 AM »
If the PP does not remove this man they can never again mention anything about PNM corruption!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »
somebody please put mr warner on suicide watch. no joke.  it jus pouring down and as much as i hate what that man doin for the last umpteen years, please keep yuh life and live in disgrace.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »
Youtube Channel

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 09:14:08 AM »
Jacko the Wacko, I revel in your misery. I don't pity you, fool.

This scandal does not surprise me. What surprises me is the muteness of the CFU.
Now, I saw Shabbazz the other day sprinting over to the TTFF to get his balls. He was moving like a bat out of hell, faster than a rolling "O", able to leap buildings in a single bound, quicker than a speeding bullet, all of this while smiling.

Now,  surely, I know the men of the CFU could go over to the TTFF and retrieve their balls and stand up and query Mr. Warner about the missing funds from their account as well. Just wondering, waiting, and watching to see when that shoe is going to drop. Soon I hope.

Don't look now Wacko but I have a joyous feeling that is next. Alyuh mudda neck.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:18:23 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »
If this is proven true, it is sickening  :pissedoff:

FIFA Response??????
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:31:39 AM by Observer »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
Hey, hey, that is Kamla man allyuh talking bout....  :rotfl:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
Please note, the story above (Warner named in Haitian aid scandal) has been updated after response from FIFA.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 09:57:41 AM »
FIFA further informed Wired868 that the TTFF will feel the brunt of its sanctions for failing to account for the money.

"Consequently FIFA, in a letter, requested in October 2011 a full explanation from the TTFF into those funds," stated FIFA. "As FIFA has not received any satisfactory response FIFA has stopped with immediate effect any payments to the TTFF until it will receive proper accounts of these funds allocated as an immediate relief support to the FHF."

FIFA provides each member association with an annual subvention of $1.6 million (US$250,000).

Checkmate! This seems to be the prologue to FIFA wiping out the TTFF and establishing a normalization committee.  So Watson and everybody else who has close ties to Jack should understand that this is the end of the line.

The football establishment in T&T had better start to think seriously about the future and who they want to represent them.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »
Again.....we are so eager to kick a man when he's down. Doesn't matter who he is. We are so eager to twist the knife in his gut that we no longer care to confirm accuracy of reported stories or a response from the accused.

Let us not rejoice in a man's demise....whether inevitable or potential.

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
Diamondtrim, stop taking a bunch ah assness!

We rejoice because the renaissance of Trinidad and Tobago's football is nigh.

Sometimes it.is better to extract a written tooth than to do a root canal.  If outit rotten, it damn well rotten.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »
Again.....we are so eager to kick a man when he's down. Doesn't matter who he is. We are so eager to twist the knife in his gut that we no longer care to confirm accuracy of reported stories or a response from the accused.

I know I am an outsider but which planet are you on?

Reading the article and the quotes you can glean a few facts.

The monies were paid into TTFF account - seems undisputed.

The majority of the monies didn't reach Haiti - This seems to be confirmed by Haiti's complaint and FIFA extra / emergency funding.

From the court case with the players the monies don't seem to be in TTFF bank account.

So the obvious question is where is the money?

Somebody in TTFF must know, who runs or ran TTFF then?

There are 2 options TTFF never paid the money or Haiti is lying about recieving it, I suspect the latter is not the case given FIFA's extra money. 

Wherever that money is, for anybody to divert money for that type of cause is absolutely dispicable. 

The old saying there's no smoke without fire as far as Warner is concerned you need a full set of breathing apparatus if you are standing anywhere near him, because if you haven't got it the thick black acrid smoke will kill you within seconds.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »
FIFA further informed Wired868 that the TTFF will feel the brunt of its sanctions for failing to account for the money.

"Consequently FIFA, in a letter, requested in October 2011 a full explanation from the TTFF into those funds," stated FIFA. "As FIFA has not received any satisfactory response FIFA has stopped with immediate effect any payments to the TTFF until it will receive proper accounts of these funds allocated as an immediate relief support to the FHF."

FIFA provides each member association with an annual subvention of $1.6 million (US$250,000).

Checkmate! This seems to be the prologue to FIFA wiping out the TTFF and establishing a normalization committee.  So Watson and everybody else who has close ties to Jack should understand that this is the end of the line.

The football establishment in T&T had better start to think seriously about the future and who they want to represent them.

:devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »
This is embarrassing to the country.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 12:37:28 PM »
There was a time when I was soo proud that we had someone from little T&T representing us in a high position at FIFA. Now I am disgusted and very embarrassed that this man is even a Trinidadian. He is an embarrassment to our country!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »

Diamond, I agree with you we should wait a hear the full story. But the man is certainly not down. He is minister in the govt. And seeing his past actions(certaibly not imagined on our part), it is easy to understand our disgust with the "special advisor" and his bunch of hoods.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:50 PM »

Now there is the Diamondtrim I have come to know and love..... ;D

Now let's get down to business......with all due respect, yuh talking ah  firetrucking pack of shit!!!!..... :bs: :bs:  :cursing:  :bs: :bs:   :cursing:
Jackula own nasty, stinking, dutty tiefing ways are catching up to him.....he and Scamps deserve everything that is coming their way....Kamla Karma is a bitch!!!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 03:07:04 PM »
tell him how u feel brownie, let it out  :laugh:
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>